Home

Marshall Caifano

Posted By: mulberry

Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 04:39 PM

Why was he pulled down as Las Vegas boss?
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 04:57 PM

what I read about him is he was barely 5 feet tall, and was a brutal assassin, one of the most feared mob guys in vegas,he was replaced by johnny roselli. the reason given by the outfit was he was throwing his weight around {ala tony spilotro only years before} and was bringing heat on the outfit.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 06:28 PM

I thought he replaced Roselli and then was replaced by Spilotro
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 07:40 PM

Caifano went to jail in the mid-sixties for extortion and didn't get out until after Spilotro had already taken over. He worked under Joey Lombardo during the seventies and then got busted again for transporting stolen bonds across state lines. He was an old man when he got out and was basically shelved for the rest of his life although he was one of the last of the "Giancana era" to die.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 07:45 PM

snakes, yes, youre right he was in his nineties. one of the worst things he ever did was burn a woman alive, I believe her name was Estelle gary, could be wrong about the name, but the little fiend caifano set her afire.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
Caifano went to jail in the mid-sixties for extortion and didn't get out until after Spilotro had already taken over. He worked under Joey Lombardo during the seventies and then got busted again for transporting stolen bonds across state lines. He was an old man when he got out and was basically shelved for the rest of his life although he was one of the last of the "Giancana era" to die.

He only died in 2003. He was only 59 in 1970
Posted By: joey_doves

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 08:39 PM

Was he really born in Sicily?
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/12/14 08:56 PM

Caifano was actually born in New York.
Posted By: joey_doves

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 12:21 AM

Thanks Snakes,

It says he's born in Sicily on the Wikipedia page. Which ive always thought was full of shit.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 12:26 AM

in the book " the outfit" by russo, it also says he was born in sicily. who knows.
Posted By: Red_63

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
in the book " the outfit" by russo, it also says he was born in sicily. who knows.

Real Shit
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 01:06 AM

snakes, yes, youre right he was in his nineties. one of the worst things he ever did was burn a woman alive, I believe her name was Estelle gary, could be wrong about the name, but the little fiend caifano set her afire.

Estelle Carey. Caifano was only one in a long list of suspects:

http://chicagocrimescenes.blogspot.com/2009/04/estelle-carey-gangster-girlfriend.html

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 02:08 AM

thank you, faithful 1. I was close. caifano was a real scumbag. his crimes and god-awful murders were the work of a truly sick mind.
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 06:08 AM

Caifano was an absolute terror in Chicago during his heydey (40s-50s).

He was one of the few Taylor Street soldiers that changed with the times & outlasted his counterparts because of it.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 06:08 AM

Caifano didn't do the Rich Cain hit though, that was Lombardo & Schweis with a single barrel sawed off & a handgun at rose's on Grand. Lombardo wasn't opposed to doing hits as a boss.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 09:17 AM

Marshall Caifano was a real "lady killer".Besides killing Estelle Carey he was also suspected in the murders of Gus Greenbaums sister-in-law and his wife.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Marshall Caifano was a real "lady killer".Besides killing Estelle Carey he was also suspected in the murders of Gus Greenbaums sister-in-law and his wife.
I think caifano was an old 42 member wasn't he? they finaly put the sadist on the shelf. frattiano testified against him and I think he got extra time added to the time he was doing.i hope he burns in hell for all the women he tortured. so much for " we only kill our own".

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 04:27 PM

I think caifano was an old 42 member wasn't he? they finaly put the sadist on the shelf. frattiano testified against him and I think he got extra time added to the time he was doing.i hope he burns in hell for all the women he tortured. so much for " we only kill our own".

Yes he was a member of the 42's.Most of thouse guys were rapists and didnt have much respect for women.

Heres a list of members of the old 42 gang that i completed a while ago http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=762878

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 07:40 PM

toodoped, read all the info on the 42s, great post. very informative, later most of them were outfit guys.and now I see why the outfit was so feared. thank you for the information.n
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/13/14 09:53 PM

Richard Cain : looks like Caifano may have set-up the hit but didn't participate. Good bet would be Lombardo & Schweis.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1973/12/21/page/1/article/ex-cop-cain-shot-to-death

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1979/...cop-u-s-charges

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/14/14 06:01 AM

@Binnie_Coll no problem man its my pleasure.

@GaryMartin i never thought about who really did the shooting on Cain all i knew that the Grand Ave. crew had some involvment in it,thanks. Why do you think Cain was murdered?Is it because that he was a Giancana loyalist or maybe because there were rumours about him being an informant?

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/14/14 07:22 AM

Dick Cain hit was Lumpy & the German, single barrel & .45. Caifano ordered it. Caifano was a sleeper boss back then, arguably equal with Lumpy.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/14/14 07:24 AM

Cain was a punk who just bit off more than he could chew. Thought he could talk whilst continuing to get street dollars. Not really all that complicated.
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/14/14 12:02 PM

@Binnie_Coll no problem man its my pleasure.

@GaryMartin i never thought about who really did the shooting on Cain all i knew that the Grand Ave. crew had some involvment in it,thanks. Why do you think Cain was murdered?Is it because that he was a Giancana loyalist or maybe because there were rumours about him being an informant?

There are tons of info on the Cain murder. Almost total agreement by OC researchers that Cain was playing both sides of the fence which is a prescription for disaster in the Outfit or about any OC enterprise. He was a flashy dresser and talked a lot. I would go with Huron - Lombardo and the German. Cain was a Giancana loyalist and spent lots of time going back and forth from Chicago to Mexico. He was most likely doing business for Giancana, but he may have been giving law enforcement info about him. Who knows? Even though Giancana was in Mexico, he still had a "say" in Outfit business. Butch Blasi represented him. I'm not sure how much influence he had at this time, but he did have "a seat at the table," according to law enforcement and Outfit historians. Strange, but that's what I was told.
Posted By: Trapper

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/14/14 01:15 PM

I believe it was rumored that Cain was Moe's illegitimate son.
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 06:24 PM

A few things on Marshall Caifano:

His older brother Leonard was one of Giancana's best friends and was killed in a shoot out with Teddy Roe.

Giancana was having an affair with Marshall's wife while he was in prison. Marshall didn't appear to care much.

Marshall's kids still run in Outfit circles.

I remember as a kid that he had a deformed ear.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Giancana was having an affair with Marshall's wife while he was in prison.

So much for the rules

Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Giancana was having an affair with Marshall's wife while he was in prison.
So much for the rules

I wonder if he dealt with that situation like Scarpa did with his Ol' lady when Mazza had her bent over while Greg watched..Hey, Different strokes for Different Folks.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: joey_doves
Thanks Snakes,

It says he's born in Sicily on the Wikipedia page. Which ive always thought was full of shit.

But it's the internet so it has to be right rolleyes.

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 07:51 PM

njcapo, I read "deal with the devil", about scarpa, but I don't remember reading about mazza and scarpos wife. wheres that information come from?
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 08:08 PM

njcapo, I read "deal with the devil", about scarpa, but I don't remember reading about mazza and scarpos wife. wheres that information come from?

It was in that book or another book i read...Here's 2 links to the story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/twisted-tale-moll-linda-schiro-men-article-1.255036

http://nypost.com/2012/03/04/my-life-as-a-colombo-hit-man/
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 08:15 PM

Read mafia son by scarpa jr. Schiro and Mazza had an affair starting when Mazza was 18 and delivering groceries. That's how he became tight w scarpa through linda

Re: Marshall Caifano - 09/15/14 11:51 PM

n.j. capo. I read them both,thanks for the links. kid had a lot of guts, guess he didn't know at first that scarpa was a maniac.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET