Home

Anthony "Tony" Mirra

Posted By: TurkTorello

Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/10/14 09:15 PM

How come when you see, hear, or read about Joe Pistone/Donny Brasco, you only see Tony Mirra mentioned a little bit, in Wikipedia pretty much. There are no documentarys on him, he wasn't even in Donny Brasco...He was one of the first guys who got Pistone in with the boys. But all you ever hear is Sonny Black and Lefty Ruggerio. The dude was in a three-way with Goldie Hawn while she was strung out on heroin for Christs sake! (Apparently). His wiki page is interesting, and was a very feared man. Hell, I dont know, I guess it'd be nice to see a damn documentary just on him
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/10/14 09:20 PM

TURK, THERE IS ONE ON GANSTER,COM its on u tube, I don't have the linc, but im sure someone will post it for you.

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/10/14 09:32 PM

hmm this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfDZuGvWBJc

I was hoping for a 44 minute bio channel one lol

edit: hmm, well it's not a bad little bio smile

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/10/14 10:20 PM

I'm watching Joe Massino's documentary, and I wasn't aware it was him who called the sit down which got 'the 3 capos' killed.

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/10/14 10:24 PM

doh! should've known where to post this
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/10/14 11:33 PM

turk, im new like you and im always messing up.welcome man, don't be afraid to post.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 12:06 AM

The omission of Mirra and the whole Balistrieri episode from the Brasco movie was a major disapointment. In addition to that,they blatantly invented (lied about) major plot points,while ignoring the true stuff that was so much more amazing.
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 01:10 AM

The movie would have been 5 hrs long if they put everything in. So they had to pick and choose. And since pistone knew by following mirra he would have never infiltrated the way he did because mirra was a mean homicidal maniac who was loathed by his fellow gangsters so is tone developed lefty didn't hurt that mirra got thrown back in the can during pistones early years
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Christy_Tic
The movie would have been 5 hrs long if they put everything in. So they had to pick and choose. And since pistone knew by following mirra he would have never infiltrated the way he did because mirra was a mean homicidal maniac who was loathed by his fellow gangsters so is tone developed lefty didn't hurt that mirra got thrown back in the can during pistones early years

Woulda been great as a TV series,
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 08:05 AM

While it wasn't mentioned in the movie, it was definitely talked about in the Donnie Brasco book. I also think Pistone talked about him in some of those TV mob stories.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
The omission of Mirra and the whole Balistrieri episode from the Brasco movie was a major disapointment. In addition to that,they blatantly invented (lied about) major plot points,while ignoring the true stuff that was so much more amazing.

I totally agree. That´s why very often a movie that is made from a best selling book is not as good as the book.

The movie would have been 5 hrs long if they put everything in. So they had to pick and choose.

Yes. Hollywood is always simplifying stories. If they would include all the details, it would leave 90 percent of the audience confused and subsequently unhappy. After all, movies are made for the masses and of course, to make money. And you can find this same mindset with the people who are producing mob documentaries, now found on youtube for example. The stories are always simplified and therefore not fully reliabale. Are they entertaining? Sure they are! But they are also deceptive and misleading.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 11:36 AM

But a big part of pistones story was the competition between mirra and Ruggiero over who 'owned' pistone.

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 12:02 PM

I get your point, but they could've thrown in a scene about Mirra. Even if it were just a few minutes long. They could have written in a part about him fleeing NY, then getting caught by the FBI soon after, and going to prison in 1977. Then maybe had Lefty, Black, and the others talk about how horrible of a person he was. Meh, I dont know, I guess they know what they're doing, but I really think they should have at least mentioned him in the film.

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: don illuminati
But a big part of pistones story was the competition between mirra and Ruggiero over who 'owned' pistone.
Exactly! It would NOT have been difficult for them to write in a part about Mirra. Plain and simple. Didn't have to be a really long time, besides, films can cover a lot of info in 5 minutes.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: don illuminati

I was about to post this until I scrolled down and read your post. I can live without the Milwaukee plot, but they should have had Mirra in there and the sitdown between Mirra and gang over Donnie.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/11/14 01:32 PM

Galante and Mirra were like peas in a pod.
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 12:06 AM

i always picture tony mirra sounding like Anthony quinn in gotti.
When Donnie asks mirra "tony hows your mother" What you care, why u ask so many questions. Just a mean SOB, they could have put a small part of mirra in the film, the minute jilly greco part though totally make believe was funny. "you ask me if i know him, not if is slept with him"
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 03:23 AM

i always picture tony mirra sounding like Anthony Quinn...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYFN9Xs_NI
Posted By: BennyB

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 12:34 PM

In the Donnie Brasco BOOK, Mirra is talked about a lot actually. Lot's of anecdotes about him.
Posted By: Dbm7

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 10:53 PM

Actually look up "Falcone" TV series. It didn't last long, one season.
Posted By: frankg2469

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 11:02 PM

The movie definitely could've thrown Mirra in for a bit----they did it with Jilly from Brasco's early days with the Colombos for God's sake !!!

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 11:05 PM

Yea having Jilly was worthless IMHO. Would have been better with the Mirra angle.
Posted By: Walkner

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 11:12 PM

Who was the guy in the movie that vouched for Donnie to Lefty? The dude in the barbershop? He said something along the lines of if you mess up ill kill you. Wasn't Mirra the one who introduced Donnie to lefty or no?

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/12/14 11:52 PM

That was Jilly Greco.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/13/14 02:56 AM

"I said I knew'em Left, I ain't say I fucked'um!"
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/13/14 03:36 AM

Greca was murdered in Brooklyn in 1980 by the Colombo family because they thought he was an informant , turns out he wasn't
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/13/14 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Greca was murdered in Brooklyn in 1980 by the Colombo family because they thought he was an informant , turns out he wasn't

... that sucks!
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/13/14 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: TurkTorello
hmm this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfDZuGvWBJc

I was hoping for a 44 minute bio channel one lol

edit: hmm, well it's not a bad little bio smile

Turk, that Youtube video (about Mirra) seems new. No new info in it, but a new upload I'm pretty sure.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/13/14 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Who iced him?...The same guy who was a rat from 1966 or whatever year it was?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/13/14 05:05 PM

read the guy jilly was ambushed driveby motorcycle. think scarpa wash reopened in 1980 and left that hit out. after all the colombos who ratted you think the feds would have charged persico. they probably know but not anuff proof

Re: Anthony "Tony" Mirra - 09/20/14 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Dbm7
Actually look up "Falcone" TV series. It didn't last long, one season.
will do
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET