Home

Genovese tied to televangelism

Posted By: leftygun62

Genovese tied to televangelism - 09/09/14 08:06 PM

FBI files on televangelist Paul Crouch show a possible money laundering connection to the westside. Chin's name comes up in the file.

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2...crouch-had-tie/

Pizzaboy, who's place was "Sons of Italy Lodge" in the bronx?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Genovese tied to televangelism - 09/09/14 08:17 PM

You've never heard of the "Sons of Italy"?

There are dozens of lodges in New York. There were multiple lodges in the Bronx back then. Anyway, it's an organization for Americans of Italian descent who want to hold on to their cultural identity. I've been a member for more than thirty years. My Dad was a grand venerable for years.

As far as the report, I stopped reading it as soon as they called Vincent Gigante a Bronx mobster. All credibility goes out the window when they make such a ridiculous mistake. Vince was a Greenwich Village staple all his life, and everyone knew it.

But thanks for posting, Lefty. It's good to see you back here smile.
Posted By: leftygun62

Re: Genovese tied to televangelism - 09/09/14 08:18 PM

Thanks. Saw the mistake too and rolled my eyes, but thought the FBI file was interesting.
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Genovese tied to televangelism - 09/09/14 09:21 PM

Organized religion and organized crime aren't so different anyway. They're a good match
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Genovese tied to televangelism - 09/10/14 02:37 AM

A lot of that stuff is gossip, rumors, and cranks trying to undermine him. Some of the stuff is laughable. Selling guns to the PLO? He was always a big Israel supporter and there's no way he would work with any Muslim group, terrorist or not. An IRS investigation into how he spent donations on himself might be a different story.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Genovese tied to televangelism - 09/15/14 11:10 PM

BS story. Faithful1 nailed it on the head.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET