Home

Someone Drop A Dime On Vito Genovese?

Posted By: Iceman999

Someone Drop A Dime On Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 05:11 PM

I often wondered if with the attempt on Costello's life, Apalachin, and Anastasia's assassination did someone in LCN maybe not drop a dime on him and get him busted for the heroin?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 05:13 PM

They always said carlo gambino set genovese up but not sure how much truth there was in it
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 05:15 PM

It was a combo of Costello Luciano lansky and gambino from what I've read
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 05:23 PM

Another theory is that Anthony Strollo may have had a hand in betraying him, and was murdered in 1962 as a result.
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 06:06 PM

Def could believe that. Bender was a real snake. He got whacked out for holding back drug deal $ from Vito. Valachis book has a ton of stuff on strollo. One of the best lines was. " tony loved the ponies, if your grandmother said the 6 horse in the 3rd race was a winner, the only sure thing was that mr. Tony bender would be wagering on that horse". Valachi and caramandi although rats are very believable and great story tellers
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 06:15 PM

Phew.....

I thought the thread title was someone drop a deuce on Vito Genovese?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 11:33 PM

It was a combination of a select few bosses that were mad at Vito, and blamed both Magaddino and Genovese for the Apalachin meeting fiasco. Theory goes that Gambino reached out to Tony Bender to set Vito up. Tony Bender was killed in 62', but that was due to him making moves in the family without Genovese knowledge or ok. Vito was setup.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/19/14 11:50 PM

I heard it was Bonanno who tipped off the feds, which is believable
since he wrote that "Tell All" book that caused a lot of problems for those guys.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/20/14 12:25 AM

I could believe Bonanno did it. Vito was trying to take over his drug routes
Posted By: F_white

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/20/14 03:38 AM

The story have always been lucky, meyer and carlo did the set up.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/20/14 08:18 AM

Forgot about this story -- interesting nonetheless.
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/21/14 03:10 AM

Didn't Vito's wife do something against him? Like testify against him or something?

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/21/14 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: mldetroit
Didn't Vito's wife do something against him? Like testify against him or something?

His ex-wife right? He had her new boyfriend/husband killed because she was trying to sue Vito or something.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/21/14 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: PetroPirelli

His ex-wife right? He had her new boyfriend/husband killed because she was trying to sue Vito or something.

I thought the story was that right after Don Vito's wife died he had the husband of his gumad killed.

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/21/14 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: PetroPirelli

I thought the story was that right after Don Vito's wife died he had the husband of his gumad killed.

This is from Vito Genovese's Wikipedia..

In December 1952, Anna Genovese sued her husband for financial support, an unheard of action by the wife of a Cosa Nostra figure. Two years earlier, she had moved out of the family home in New Jersey.[27] In 1953, Genovese allegedly ordered the murder of mobster Steven Franse. Genovese had tasked Franse with supervising Anna Genovese while her husband was hiding in Italy. Outraged over Anna's love affairs and her lawsuit against him, Genovese blamed it all on Franse. Following Genovese's orders, two hitman brutally beat Franse and then slowly strangled him.[28]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vito_Genovese

Re: Someone Drop A Dime One Vito Genovese? - 08/21/14 10:02 PM

This is what I was thinking of - I read it wrong the other day. You may be right though..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET