Home

Which Mobsters served their family the longest?

Posted By: Zavattoni

Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 06:19 PM

I'll start the thread by saying Joe Arcuri.
Served the Gambino's from the 1940's until he he retired in the late 90's or early 2000's. He served The Gambino's for atleast 60 years.

Which other mobsters has served their family for 50+ years?
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 06:22 PM

Tony accardo sonny franzese Neil Migliore Harry riccobene
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 06:57 PM

Joe arcuri and Steven grammauta for the gambinos

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 06:58 PM

I think frank locascio was up there aswel

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 06:59 PM

Albert facchiano for the Genovese

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 07:05 PM

Gotta go with Pasquale Conte of the Gambino's also. He's been a made guy since the late 40's, early 50's. If i am not mistaking, He's been serving as a Capo since 1957 and is still active today. PB, am i correct on this? He has been serving the Gambino's for at least 65 years.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 07:05 PM

Buster ardito , patsy conte

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 07:06 PM

Larry dentico

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 07:09 PM

Matty Ianniello, served the Genoveses for atleast 50 years.

Carmine Persico has been serving those Colombo's since the early 50's.

Richard Biordo served the Genovese's and was a Capo in the NJ faction. He served for at least 50 years before dying in the mid 1980's.

I believe Salvatore Santoro of the Lucchese's served his family at least 50 years before being put away in the Commission Trial in 1985.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 07:38 PM

Ciro Perrone was around for a few years. Carlos Marcello was active for almost 60 years. Joey Aiuppa was with the Outfit for 70 years. Tony Giacalone well over 50 years.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Being that he's doing the time, he's still technically serving his family. And he's made going on sixty years. I rarely compliment these guys. But Mister LoCascio is a true tough guy, and one of the last links to the heyday of the American Mafia.

The guy's rotting in a cell for almost 25 years for sitting on a couch while his boss damned them all to life in jail. Never mind that if he pleaded out he would have been out with a little life left in him. And he never made as much as a peep. He's one of the last of a dying breed.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 08:41 PM

And locascio went down because he was loyal to that blowhard gotti. Locascio a guilt in that trial was nill compared to gotti and gravano. He was made in his 20s
And is gonna die in jail because of gotti and never even thought of flipping. Def last of his kind

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 08:43 PM

Sorry pb. Didn't realize was pretty much reciting your views

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/18/14 09:23 PM

I believe Vincent Aloi of the Colombos has served his family for 50 years before retiring. I am not sure was he involved with the Colombo's during the 50's, but i assumed he was because his father Sebastian Aloi was a Captain.

Charles Panarella I believe has served the Colombos since the 50's.

John Riggi has been part of the DeCavalcante's since forever

Joseph Miranda was Made sometime during the 1960's in the DeCavalcante's and continues to serve today.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 04:20 PM

Sonny F 100% but that's too bad about LoCascio. Gotti sure did a number on American LCN shhh.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Christy_Tic
Sorry pb. Didn't realize was pretty much reciting your views

No problem, pal. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And welcome to the boards smile.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 05:05 PM

You must FEAR the old dogs!!!.......... They are always referred to as, "Powerful".

If you met this guy on a back alley, wouldn't you be afraid he could wipe you off the map?

It makes no logical sense BUT, I do understand what they mean.

Personally, I would be more afraid of this dude:

Posted By: pmac

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 05:07 PM

there was that guy uncle joey or some shit from the Genovese who got indicted on takedown day who was caught on wire telling his creew he was made in 1947 at the age of 18 and he did lots of hits for fat tony, he died last yr at like 85

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
there was that guy uncle joey or some shit from the Genovese who got indicted on takedown day who was caught on wire telling his creew he was made in 1947 at the age of 18 and he did lots of hits for fat tony, he died last yr at like 85

I know there was a guy that was talked about a few days ago named Daniel 'Uncle Danny' Cilenti. He was made in 1947 and served as a soldier for the Genovese Family until he passed away in 2011. He died at like 84 or something. He was made at a pretty early age. Are you referring to him?

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 05:27 PM

Was gonna mention Charlie moose but I thought he was shelved for being an abusive capo. Sent to Vegas at least Colombos had a lot of sick bastards. Story I heard moose made a guy eat his own balls before killing him. Sounds far fetched but if it wasn't for scarpa, the Colombos would of been a force. Carmine prob wouldn't have spent the last 35 yrs in the can and a lot of there big earners wouldn't be whacked jailed....
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Being that he's doing the time, he's still technically serving his family. And he's made going on sixty years. I rarely compliment these guys. But Mister LoCascio is a true tough guy, and one of the last links to the heyday of the American Mafia.

The guy's rotting in a cell for almost 25 years for sitting on a couch while his boss damned them all to life in jail. Never mind that if he pleaded out he would have been out with a little life left in him. And he never made as much as a peep. He's one of the last of a dying breed.

The poor guy was desperate to get out a few years ago but it didn't work out. On a breathing apparatus... the works. He even looked unhealthy in that 1996 pic of him, Testa and Carneglia, and that was only 5 years after they got taken down, when he looked pretty well. It's amazing what prison can do to a man's posture.

His son sounds/sounded like a douchebag though. I believe that John Gotti had to reprimand him after abusing the judge one time.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 06:31 PM

What about Furnari?

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
His son sounds/sounded like a douchebag though. I believe that John Gotti had to reprimand him after abusing the judge one time.

Maybe when he was in his 20's, but not anymore. Plus, most of his anger was a knee-jerk reaction to his father getting life in jail.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 07:55 PM

I believe John Barbato has been associated with the Genovese Family, since the 50's. Being a cousin of Frank Costello and Willie Moretti, it's possible.

PB. Is Pasquale Conte still active today?

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Zavattoni
PB. Is Pasquale Conte still active today?

I seriously doubt it. The guy's gotta be almost 90 years old. And the Conte's have so much money from their supermarkets that he'd literally have to be insane. Plus, I never heard a peep about him after he got out for the DiBono murder. By the time he came home, he was an old man, and the street was a whole new ballgame.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Christy_Tic
Carmine prob wouldn't have spent the last 35 yrs in the can

Carmine was going away Scarpa or no Scarpa.

That was never going to change.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/19/14 11:05 PM

Current Mobster I would have to say Aniello "Neil" Migliore of the Lucchese crime family. After him, I would say Tony Accardo of Chicago.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 05:24 AM

The doctor lombardozzi..why not smile
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 07:09 PM

harry riccobene
paul ricca had a long run
tony accardo
joey aiuppa
al tornabene

chicago guys tend to die in their beds after 50plus years of crime
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 09:23 PM

Gotta go with Pasquale Conte of the Gambino's also. He's been a made guy since the late 40's, early 50's. If i am not mistaking, He's been serving as a Capo since 1957 and is still active today. PB, am i correct on this? He has been serving the Gambino's for at least 65 years.

Conte has been retired nearly 15 years when Dom Cefalu got his crew, nobody knows if Conte is still alive.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 09:24 PM

Of the mobsters alive it has to be Franzese and Migliore, tehy've been active over 50 yeas.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 09:58 PM

I would love to see Franzese live to be 100 years old - Salute a cenn'tanno.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: PetroPirelli

He gets out in 2017 when he'll be 100 years old, I think he'll make it, he won't retire neither, he's LCN til they put him in the ground.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

He gets out in 2017 when he'll be 100 years old, I think he'll make it, he won't retire neither, he's LCN til they put him in the ground.

I can't agree more Pal - gangster through and through. I think he makes it too. They broke the mold after they made him smile.
Posted By: JackSpratt

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 11:11 PM

What about Richie "the boot" Ruggerio out in Jersey?

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: JackSpratt
What about Richie "the boot" Ruggerio out in Jersey?

Yea, He served the Genoveses for atleast 50 years in Jersey before his death in the mid 80's.

PB, Is John Barbato still active? If he is, I believe he's up there with Old Neil Migliore and John Franzese as the most longest tenured mobsters still serving their family.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 11:31 PM

PB, Is John Barbato still active?

As far as the Westside goes, Baby Shades has most of Staten Island now.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 11:38 PM

PB, Is John Barbato still active?

As far as the Westside goes, Baby Shades has most of Staten Island now.

Do the Genovese' have a serious presence on the island PB or does Jr have a small crew? He's lowkey as they come, literally no info about him since the fish market.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/20/14 11:40 PM

Do the Genovese' have a serious presence on the island PB or does Jr have a small crew? He's lowkey as they come, literally no info about him since the fish market.

Staten Island and Brooklyn were never really Genovese strongholds. And by that, I just mean that the family's strength was always elsewhere. That said, they're still the Genovese family. And given Staten Island's proximity to North Jersey, that kid is a VERY serious player today.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 12:24 AM

Staten Island and Brooklyn were never really Genovese strongholds. And by that, I just mean that the family's strength was always elsewhere. That said, they're still the Genovese family. And given Staten Island's proximity to North Jersey, that kid is a VERY serious player today.

Who's a very serious player today? Jr who?

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 07:18 AM

Aliie Malangone Jr
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 05:05 PM

Are we talking about Allie Jr or Frank?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 05:46 PM

Think the FBI called barbato one of chins break fest club all guys with food as nicknames. Also remember reading chin was gonna have him whacked cause he wanted to put another soldier to testify at his sentencing. Anyone remember when him and the roofer.union guy were indicted the guy got like 20 yes wonder if he's out. Anyone.now.how.we not chin said we don't break our capos we kill them. The guy Vito been around forever think he was Benny eggs driver.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 05:56 PM

Mobsters alive with the longest tenure in their family.

John Franzese
Aniello Migliore

Any others who's still alive and active?

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Anyone.now.how.we not chin said we don't break our capos we kill them.

I remember the quote, and I'm sure he said it. But it's not entirely true. Because the Genovese family certainly put a few guys out to pasture over the years.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 08:25 PM

Aliie Malangone Jr

Never even hearda the guy. I'll have to do alittle research tonight.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 08:49 PM

Petro...

You've surely heard of his father? Allie Shades, retired now but used to be a power house during 80's and 90's, tbh I'm not even sure if Pizzaboy is talking about Allie Jr or Frank malangone tbh lol Just a guess, Allie Jr's brother, Frank is also a made guy, was made in 1989 at 27, he's 52 years old, Staten Island guy with Jersey links. Got put on New Jersey eclusion list in 2009.

Frank Malangone back in 2005..

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/21/14 10:18 PM

Petro...

You've surely heard of his father? Allie Shades, retired now but used to be a power house during 80's and 90's, tbh I'm not even sure if Pizzaboy is talking about Allie Jr or Frank malangone tbh lol Just a guess, Allie Jr's brother, Frank is also a made guy, was made in 1989 at 27, he's 52 years old, Staten Island guy with Jersey links. Got put on New Jersey eclusion list in 2009.

Frank Malangone back in 2005..

I've heard and read about Allie Shades on numerous occasions. Any pictures of Allie Jr around?

Frank Malangone is a capo or soldier in the Genovese family?

Thanks for the photo and the info Tommy!
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 08/22/14 01:59 PM

John "Sonny" Franzese, Sr. win the Cosa Nostra 'til I Die award born in 1917 active from the 30s to January 14, 2011 when the 93-year-old Franzese was sentenced to eight years in prison for extorting Manhattan strip clubs and a pizzeria on New York's Long Island.When he gets out of prison (if don't die first) will be 100 and will be ready to extort another strip club.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 09/04/14 08:52 PM

Just came across this guy.

http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/James_Lanza

Although there is very limited info, he did live to be 103 years old and the family went under when he died so he very well might be the only one who could compete with Sonny

Sonny Franzese did not look 95 years old in his last mugshot and, he still has more damn hair on his head than I do at 35.

Anyone ever notice that mafia guys live forever?
I guess it is true that, only the good die young!

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 09/04/14 08:56 PM

I have more hair on my balls than Sammy Gravano has on his head.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 09/04/14 09:53 PM

@ItalianIrishMix, James "Jimmy the Hat" Lanza retired in 1990 after Gaspare "Bill" Sciortino passed away. Lanza handed the family over to Anthony Lima Jr, son of former Boss Anthony Lima Snr, who passed away in 93', then the family went under. Jimmy was made around 1930, his brother Tony was made in the mid 1920's. 1930-2006 is a long time, but he retired in 90'.

Re: Which Mobsters served their family the longest? - 09/04/14 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
@ItalianIrishMix, James "Jimmy the Hat" Lanza retired in 1990 after Gaspare "Bill" Sciortino passed away. Lanza handed the family over to Anthony Lima Jr, son of former Boss Anthony Lima Snr, who passed away in 93', then the family went under. Jimmy was made around 1930, his brother Tony was made in the mid 1920's. 1930-2006 is a long time, but he retired in 90'.

Thank You for info
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET