|Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 11:34 AM

Camorra

Posted By: Strax

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 11:36 AM

Cosa Nostra

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 11:37 AM

'Ndrangeta

To view image in full size go:Right Click On Image>View Image.
To Admin: I needed to make triple post because it doesn't want to show 'Ndrangheta photos i think there is limit for photos per post.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 01:46 PM

Great find strax smile
Posted By: The_Chin

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 02:04 PM

Very nice, italian LCN has about 7-9000members,I think there's a little over 100 LCN families --I don't know that for sure but i feel like i've heard it somewhere before. But Sicilian LCN is very different from the Americanized Mafia.

I don't know the difference between Ndrangheta, camorra and Cosa Nostra. I know LCN started as a protection group, you know since sicily was occupied by variuous nations. Say if a guard raped your daughter you could go to the secret Cosa Nostra and that guard would be found dead later. After the colonization and different wars they expanded into more lucrative criminal organizations. And I know camorra is basically the italian word for cartel.. but what is really the difference?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: The_Chin
Very nice, italian LCN has about 7-9000members,I think there's a little over 100 LCN families --I don't know that for sure but i feel like i've heard it somewhere before. But Sicilian LCN is very different from the Americanized Mafia.

I don't know the difference between Ndrangheta, camorra and Cosa Nostra. I know LCN started as a protection group, you know since sicily was occupied by variuous nations. Say if a guard raped your daughter you could go to the secret Cosa Nostra and that guard would be found dead later. After the colonization and different wars they expanded into more lucrative criminal organizations. And I know camorra is basically the italian word for cartel.. but what is really the difference?

FBI estimates but the Camorra alone at 7,000 members. If you had the 'Ndrangheta (6,000), Cosa Nostra (5,000), and Sacra Corona Unita (2,000), it comes to about 20,000 members.

Even if we go with more conservative figures, like like those cited by Letizia Paoli - 4,500 for the 'Ndrangheta and 3,500 for the Cosa Nostra - the combined membership of the four Italian crime syndicates is well above 7,000 to 9,000 members.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 03:56 PM

Thanx for the post Strax!

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 08:23 PM

Maps are from DIA report.They are new 12.8.2014.They are pretty good.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 08:27 PM

Any answers why Rome is relatively LCN free?

OC tends to follow the money and Im surprised if a city such as Naples can be so dominated, then Rome isnt at least somewhat comparable (even to half the degree).

Thoughts appreciated.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

OC tends to follow the money and Im surprised if a city such as Naples can be so dominated, then Rome isnt at least somewhat comparable (even to half the degree).

Thoughts appreciated.

Just from me following the news over there over the last few months ive seen stories about how the mafia was investing(laundering) a lot of money through rome by the way of restaurants and other legitimate bussinesses.

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 08:51 PM

So Does Rome have its OWN LCN or is this money being laundered in Rome via extensions of southern families?

And Cheers on the info.
Posted By: carmela

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 09:00 PM

Thoughts appreciated.

For starters, Naples isn't Rome and Rome isn't Naples. Secondly, the big politicians are coming out of Rome, and being that they are more corrupt than the mafiosi themselves, you don't shit where you eat, if you know what I mean.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 09:05 PM

this was one of the articles i was thinking about, from a bout 4 or 5 months back, over 2 dozen restaurants were closed down bc suspected of being used for money laundering by the Camorra-

http://www.ibtimes.com/want-some-mafia-your-pizza-how-mob-taking-over-romes-restaurants-1555674

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/13/14 09:19 PM

My thanks to Carm and Dell.

Any info if Rome has its own OC, or like Dell's example above is Roman OC an extension/wing/tentacle of the southern Mafia's?

Thanks in advance.

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/14/14 06:19 AM

Any info if Rome has its own OC, or like Dell's example above is Roman OC an extension/wing/tentacle of the southern Mafia's?

Thanks in advance.

Rome is Camorra territory, so is Naples.

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/14/14 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: The_Chin

FBI estimates but the Camorra alone at 7,000 members. If you had the 'Ndrangheta (6,000), Cosa Nostra (5,000), and Sacra Corona Unita (2,000), it comes to about 20,000 members.

Even if we go with more conservative figures, like like those cited by Letizia Paoli - 4,500 for the 'Ndrangheta and 3,500 for the Cosa Nostra - the combined membership of the four Italian crime syndicates is well above 7,000 to 9,000 members.

Yeah Ivy, but what's the difference between the four syndicates?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/14/14 07:00 AM

Thanks in advance.

Rome once had its own criminal organization called the "Banda Della Magliana". The widely popular series Romanza Criminale is based on the exploits of the gang, but I guess everything in the series should be taken with a grain of salt. They've been gone since the beginning of the 90s anyways and were never big or powerful enough to become a nationwide let alone internationally operating group.

Rome is a big city so there's bound to be some organized crime going on. From what I've read the Casalesi have a known presence and several suburbs have seen activity of a couple of Ndrangheta clans.
There's a lot more going on in Milan for that matter. Cosa Nostra, Ndrangheta, Camorra and SCU all have a presence in the suburbs outside of several foreign criminal organizations, which are mostly Balkan (Albanian, Serb-Montenegrin and Bulgarian) and Chinese in origin.
Posted By: BorderProtector

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/14/14 03:59 PM

Great looking maps, are those basically names for local clans/local bosses in the Camorra map, are there any regional bosses in there can someone explain to me the Camorra map. Why is that the Camorra tend to have wars between them, what's the explanation or the general consensus behind these skirmishes? Is it between captains of the same clan or do rival clans do incursions into their territory?

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/14/14 05:01 PM

@TKJ

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/14/14 05:08 PM

Amazing Maps and info Strax! Thank you for sharing!
Posted By: Carosophia

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 08/15/14 03:41 PM

Thanks so much for the maps,I've been looking for a while.just what I was looking for. I did find a few very old ones showing Sicilian power bases, but nothing as detailed and accurate as these

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 06/21/15 10:36 PM

Does anyone have new maps released with new Roberto Savianos book called "Zero Zero Zero"?
Posted By: m2w

Re: |Must See|Cosa Nostra,Camorra,'Ndrangheta Maps - 06/22/15 04:22 PM

rome has its own gangs but the southern mafias (camorra, cosa nostra, ndrangheta) all have a big presence in the city
cosa nostra stronghold in rome is the neighbourhood of ostia
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET