Community
Weather
Video
Canada
Montreal
Photo Galleries

Reputed gang leader Ducarme Joseph fatally shot in Montreal

Police say Joseph was leader of Montreal's 67 gang

CBC News Posted: Aug 02, 2014 8:50 AM ET| Last Updated: Aug 02, 2014 10:12 AM ET

RAW: Ducarme Joseph fatally shot in Montreal

RAW: Ducarme Joseph fatally shot in Montreal 0:49

14 shares

Facebook

Twitter

Reddit

Google+

Email

Related Stories

■Montreal shop owner arrested after slayings
■3rd suspect sought in Old Montreal shootings
■Police seek van in Old Montreal slayings
■Montreal shop owner sentenced to jail

External Links

■Montreal police

(Note: CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external links.)

Reputed gang leader Ducarme Joseph was fatally shot in the Saint-Michel neighbourhood last night.

Joseph, 46, was found in the middle of a street around 10:15 p.m., near the corner of Saint-Michel Boulevard and Michel-Ange Street.

ducarme joseph
Police have called Ducarme Joseph the most dangerous street gang member in Montreal. (Montreal Police)

Officers and paramedics responded to the call, and Joseph was declared dead at the scene.

"Upon their arrival they found the body of a man in his 40s, with serious wounds to his upper body. We're talking about gunshot wounds," said Const. Francois Collard with the Montreal Police.

Collard said police have not made any arrests and have no suspects at this time.

Leader of Montreal gang: police

Police detectives have said Joseph is the leader of the 67 gang — named after a bus route in Montreal's Saint-Michel district — and affiliated with the Crips gang, also known as the Blues.
■Montreal shop owner sentenced to jail

Joseph owned a high-end boutique on St-Jacques Street in Old Montreal.

Saint-Michel shooting
Officer and paramedics responded to a call at around 10:15 p.m., and Joseph was declared dead on site. (Radio-Canada )

In 2010, two men were killed and two others were injured after gunmen opened fire in the shop.

The shooting was believed to be a retaliation hit, linked to Montreal's criminal underworld.
■Montreal shop owner arrested after slayings

Joseph wasn't injured in the 2010 shooting and escaped through the back door. His bodyguard, Peter Christopoulos, and store manager, Jean Gaston, were shot and killed in the attack.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 10:56 AM

This is the guy that was responsible for the killing of Nick Rizzuto Jr.

Tony Magi is one of the few still breathing that was part of the plot as well.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 11:18 AM

Wonder if it was the Italians or street gangs?

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 11:30 AM

My opinion the Italians.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 11:44 AM

With everything that's happened up there the past 5 years or so, most of it is still a mystery. I wonder how Magi's managed to avoid what the others haven't. It's fascinating and amazing what's going on up there.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 11:59 AM

Magi has been good at hiding, but there is only so much you can do with that, his time will come eventually.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 12:30 PM

Yes it will. Wouldn't wanna be in his shoes. I've always wondered, with all these murders, if it's the same guy or guys pulling the trigger.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 12:35 PM

Me neither, think it has been ordered from the same group that is for sure.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Scalish
This is the guy that was responsible for the killing of Nick Rizzuto Jr.

Tony Magi is one of the few still breathing that was part of the plot as well.

Where di you hear that Scalish?
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 02:44 PM

it could be greg woolley. One of ducarmes allies chenier dupuy the bo gars leader was killed too and they were saying that he had been having problems with woolly and that his shooters were described as black. Wooley was trying to unite some of the hatian gangs and ducarme could have been in the way.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 02:53 PM

Tommy, I think it was reported that Nick Jr and Magi were business partners and he was killed close to Magi's office and Magi and Joseph having connections. I'm not speaking for Scalish but there were reports suggesting what he mentioned above.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/02/14 04:06 PM

It was reported everywhere and all over the streets here as well.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/03/14 04:57 PM

They got Ducarme, that only leaves Tony Magi left. Rumor is that Magi was involved and went into hiding. He is hiding good cause if the Rizzuto's had found him, he would be found dead now and it won't be pretty. They got Gallo down in Mexico, and it seems that he was top of Vito's supposed list. I get the feeling that the bodies might stop droping in Montreal soon.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/03/14 06:27 PM

I think Desjardins is a marked man as well eventually.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/04/14 12:33 PM

I get the feeling that Desjardins would be six feet under if not for prison.

I wonder how much further into Toronto this will go. Is there a truce there at this point? Or are more bodies going to drop between the two cities?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/04/14 12:42 PM

Desjardins must be happy he is in prison , he will be number 1 on the hit list

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/04/14 12:59 PM

Desjardins is counting his lucky stars he is in prison, the mess is almost cleaned up but would not be shocked to hear of a few more dropping in both Montreal and Toronto maybe even in Hamilton.

I mean the Violi brothers were rumored to have been against the Rizzutos and they are still around as well.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/07/14 06:20 PM

Yes Desjardins is a dead man walking too, and of course Magi is on the hit list too. The only reason Magi is still walking is because he is loaded to the teeth in security, if you remember not long after Rizzuto got out someone popped out of the woods with a rifle while Magi's trucks were on the move then disappeared and never was found. He knows he is marked and if there is a lapse he will be just as dead as Desjardins.

If this doesn't show you Rizzuto's power nothing ever will. This dude was a straight up fucking boss, people are STILL killing for him and he's been buried for a while now.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/07/14 07:40 PM

Agreed old school for sure.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/07/14 08:03 PM

It seems today's Montreal is like the USA during Prohibition or Russia in the 90s. Does the police ever do anything at all? I mean, look at sentences for murder and attempted murder for mafia bosses in Canada:
Frank Cotroni: 8 years
Peter Scarcella: 11 years, but out in 6
Pasquale and Angelo Musitano: 10 years, but out in 6 o 7, I don't remember.
Carmine Barillaro: 3 years, but out in 1,5

While Mom Boucher got life in prison. Does the Canadian justice go heavier on bikers than on the mafia? I wonder how much does Desjardins get, 4 years suspended?

I apologize if I seem somehow sarcastic towards Canada, but still, the mafia there is still acting high and mighty, more than in USA.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/07/14 09:29 PM

Mom Boucher was also on the streets engaging in a violent biker war for years before the police put him in prison. Quebec police didn't even really bother trying to bust up the OMC's war until public outrage was coming to a head after an 11 year old kid was killed by shrapnel from a car bomb. They'll generally let quite a bit slide so long as the public isn't grumbling.

Mom Boucher wasn't tagged with one charge, he was tagged with a huge laundry list of criminal offences and the evidence they brought against him was pretty substantial. But yeah, in general they are slow and some might argue ineffective. Then again Quebec is one microcosm of the nation, and to be frank, pretty different from the rest of the country. You don't see these cavalier organized crime syndicates acting so brazenly elsewhere for the most part.
Posted By: JamesNYC

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/08/14 03:18 AM

Vito was a man's man.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/09/14 06:24 PM

Hamilton? Yes the Violi brothers have been mentioned as being involved, but I don't think they were involved. They only took over some of the Rizzuto crime family actions that they had near there. Vito had a meeting with Toranto when he came back to Canada, if something was going to happen to the Violi brothers, it would have happened a long time ago. Ottawa is a city to watch too as rumor is that a small crew that had associated with the Rizzuto crime family through Ragusa took over the drugs, a few bookies, maybe a loanshark or two during the chaos and seperated. We will see what happens when Emmanuele Ragusa gets out. Frank Arcadi is said to have taking over, but there are still a few powerful poeple left in that organization and Ragusa might be a voice to reclaim what they lost near Ottawa. Like I said, I do not believe anything will happen to the Violi brothers from the Rizzuto crime family.
Posted By: antimafia

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/26/16 06:42 PM

"Rizzuto voulait torturer Ducarme, qu'il soupçonnait d'avoir tué son fils"

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/08...ir-tue-son-fils
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/26/16 06:53 PM

The Rizzuto are sicilians and the sicilians dont for give or forgot; must past years but a market man will die.
Now Ducarme,so desjarden.

What I don't understand is why nobody flips?

Ok the canada isnt the us. Both would exist a canadian witsec.

Any canadians on the forum ?

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/26/16 09:12 PM

Furio, antimafia is from Canada. All this is, is info about the Ducarme Joseph hit. Supposedly he killed Nick Jr. All this says is Vito wanted him caught alive so he could make him suffer but that was him dreaming there.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/27/16 01:07 PM

rizzuto wanted ducarme caught alive to know who hit him to kill nicky jr.
Posted By: antimafia

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/30/16 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: antimafia

Vincent Larouche of La Presse wrote an article (on the same subject) that was published online a day after the Journal de Montréal story was published--here's the link:

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...arme-joseph.php

Paul Cherry of the Montreal Gazette wrote two items, published online today, on this very topic. The link below is to a timeline of events that are bookended by the murders of Nick Rizzuto Jr. and Ducarme Joseph.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/timeline-between-two-gangland-slayings

The following link is to Cherry's article, and below the link is an excerpt:

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...uffer-affidavit

The possible motive behind Nick Rizzuto[ Jr.]’s murder has never been made clear, but Joseph was also alleged by police sources to have been a suspect in the murder of Frederico Del Peschio, a 59-year-old close associate of Vito Rizzuto’s who was gunned down near Del Peschio’s restaurant in Montreal on Aug. 21, 2009.

I know that two La Presse reporters mentioned in an article after Joseph's death that the murder of Federico Del Peschio in August 2009 might also, in addition to Nick Rizzuto Jr.'s murder, be related to Joseph's murder--see http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...e-la-mafia.php. But am I wrong to think that the above sentence in Cherry's article is the first mention in print that Joseph was a suspect in Del Peschio's murder?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/30/16 05:49 AM

Sorry Antimafia but the war would be in the us for dont die many mobster would flip; why in Canada the mobster that know that will die,dont flip but accept to die ?

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/30/16 11:32 AM

Different world there furio, the laws are totally different and geared more towards ones rights more than that person being punished for just about anything here. Really Montreal is probably the only place where they get regular killings up there.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/30/16 04:51 PM

How in the world is Tony Magi still upright? With all of these bodies hitting the floor over the past ten years, with Ducarme caught meeting with him on more than one occasion? I don't get it.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/30/16 07:10 PM

Vincent Larouche of La Presse wrote an article (on the same subject) that was published online a day after the Journal de Montréal story was published--here's the link:

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...arme-joseph.php

Paul Cherry of the Montreal Gazette wrote two items, published online today, on this very topic. The link below is to a timeline of events that are bookended by the murders of Nick Rizzuto Jr. and Ducarme Joseph.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/timeline-between-two-gangland-slayings

The following link is to Cherry's article, and below the link is an excerpt:

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...uffer-affidavit

The possible motive behind Nick Rizzuto[ Jr.]’s murder has never been made clear, but Joseph was also alleged by police sources to have been a suspect in the murder of Frederico Del Peschio, a 59-year-old close associate of Vito Rizzuto’s who was gunned down near Del Peschio’s restaurant in Montreal on Aug. 21, 2009.

I know that two La Presse reporters mentioned in an article after Joseph's death that the murder of Federico Del Peschio in August 2009 might also, in addition to Nick Rizzuto Jr.'s murder, be related to Joseph's murder--see http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...e-la-mafia.php. But am I wrong to think that the above sentence in Cherry's article is the first mention in print that Joseph was a suspect in Del Peschio's murder?

Also interesting Joseph had a list with names among them “Le Vieux” (Rizzuto Sr) killed a few months later.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 08/30/16 08:40 PM

So just read the Gazette piece. So the black guy joseph maybe was hired to kill nick jr so magi didnt have to kick up any more then i thought magi tried to have joseph killed but that isnt it. The guys who killed josephs uncle and friends were convicted im assuming they were black by there names were they this black hells angles woodleys guys? Usa didnt fuck around i wonder if vito did all his time in the supermax in colorado which is for the worst lifers in usa. Not a guy doing 6 yrs lile vito was doing. He had time credited from Canada so he only had like 5 yrs to do in usa. Wonder why he didnt to his time in ottisville a few hours from Montreal or dixx orsomething in the northeast.

Re: Another Shooting in Montreal - 09/01/16 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: mike68
How in the world is Tony Magi still upright? With all of these bodies hitting the floor over the past ten years, with Ducarme caught meeting with him on more than one occasion? I don't get it.

It's well known now he has an armed guard, about like a vice president. Bulletproof SUV's and all. That's the ONLY reason he's still alive.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET