Home

Carlos Marcello Deportation

Posted By: botz

Carlos Marcello Deportation - 07/29/14 11:47 PM

Carlos Marcello was not a naturalized citizen of the United States but had a fake birth certificate that listed him being born in Guatemala. Why did Carlos Marcello choose Guatemala listing he was born there?
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Carlos Marcello Deportation - 07/30/14 05:50 PM

Why did he? Couldn't answer that question for you buddy. I would assume it would be for in case something like deportation was ever to happen, he would at least be on the Western Hemisphere instead of Tunisia?? confused

Good question Botz, I'll look around and see if I could find anything for you.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Carlos Marcello Deportation - 07/30/14 06:08 PM

Botz, Check this out, you might find it helpful:

http://notabeneuh.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-amazing-but-true-deportation-story.html
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Carlos Marcello Deportation - 07/30/14 06:35 PM

When he was deported and returned shortly after, why didn't they deport him again? Once he is sentenced to be deported, theoretically he loses his rights to step on the USA soil again, it's not like he was deported "for a year" or "for 2 years" etc. The order was permanent, wasn't it?
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Carlos Marcello Deportation - 07/30/14 09:04 PM

When you're as rich as Marcello you get lawyers that specialize in immigration. The government did attempt to deport him a 2nd time but his lawyers kept dragging the issue out in court for years.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Carlos Marcello Deportation - 07/30/14 10:06 PM

Marcello was paying a fortune to some of the best lawyers that money could buy to keep him from being departed again. From my understanding, Robert Kennedy was so bent on deporting him that not all of the right proedures were taken the first time lawfully. As to why he put down Guatemala on his birth certificate, I think it might have more to do with that he never like Tunisia, or like LaLouisiane has posted above, he wanted to stay in the western hemisphere.
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Carlos Marcello Deportation - 07/31/14 02:16 AM

I have to say, Robert Kennedy seemed like an asshole in that situation. Not only did he deport Marcello to Guatemala, but they dropped him in a forest or some shit. Not a big airport or whatever. And he was an old man wandering around.

It would be awesome to know how exactly Marcello got back to the US so quickly.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET