Jackie the nose

Posted By: British

Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 08:15 AM

Has he now retired?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By: British
Has he now retired?

He moved to Key West and opened a Bed and Breakfast with a gay guy named Lance. They were eventually married in an outdoor civil ceremony by the pier. Al Green sang "Let's Stay Together." It was very nice.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 10:34 AM

People forget he's like mid 70's and made plenty of money and was in the game a long time, why wouldn't he..?

I think I read somewhere he lived in a high rise in the city...

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Has he now retired?

He moved to Key West and opened a Bed and Breakfast with a gay guy named Lance. They were eventually married in an outdoor civil ceremony by the pier. Al Green sang "Let's Stay Together." It was very nice.

What's the point of posting crap like this, grow up!
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 12:35 PM

Has he now retired?

That's a job lead for me! Thanks PB!! lol

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Has he now retired?

I'm glad someone appreciated the joke. Damned Brits with their dry and snooty senses of humor tongue lol.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 12:56 PM

I hope your not calling me snooty PB ha ha

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I hope your not calling me snooty PB ha ha

Of course not, Dom. You and Tommy Gambino are two of the nicest and most knowledgeable Brit posters I've ever met smile.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 01:36 PM

Thanks PB

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Has he now retired?

I'm glad someone appreciated the joke. Damned Brits with their dry and snooty senses of humor tongue lol.

We invented humour son, that's why all the American comedies are unfunny copies our our stuff lol

Anyhow, the nose, retired ?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 02:55 PM

We invented humour son, that's why all the American comedies are unfunny copies our our stuff lol

What, you didn't like "The Office"? tongue grin

In, out, doesn't make much of a difference. He's like an uncle to Frank Cali, and he's one of the Americans that Cefalu seems to genuinely like. Draw your own conclusion wink.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 03:41 PM

He had his hook in the Jew
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 08:22 PM

What, you didn't like "The Office"? tongue grin

In, out, doesn't make much of a difference. He's like an uncle to Frank Cali, and he's one of the Americans that Cefalu seems to genuinely like. Draw your own conclusion wink.

While the American version of the office is pretty funny, the original Brit version is stellar.

AS for Jackie, a lot of people have said he's merely a soldier, who knows but with him being close to Cali he could be a skipper.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
AS for Jackie, a lot of people have said he's merely a soldier, who knows but with him being close to Cali he could be a skipper.

That's what I mean.

In, out, soldier, skipper, he's in a good spot, so what's the difference?

If he's smart he's at Saratoga enjoying the horses. Who could blame him?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:00 PM

That's what I mean.

Can't argue with that pal, if he's still involved he's eating like a skipper for sure, regardless of his rank. I've heard he's a pretty wealthy guy anyway so like you say he could be retired, just makes me wonder though he's one of the Gotti guys who are LCN until the day he dies, who knows.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:13 PM

It seems like alot of the old guys in good health that dont own nice legitment businesses go right back to the street shit alot of loan sharking gambling but the old guys with wealth n businesses dont want the feds taking there shit and there kids shit so they semi retire or really retire. That guy sal avillino.a multi mill. Pulled some wool over eyers yaeh he retired so his lil bro could take the heat.jackie old but was bk guy around the new boss why retire if you was working 5 yrs ago no show job or not.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
It seems like alot of the old guys in good health that dont own nice legitment businesses go right back to the street shit alot of loan sharking gambling but the old guys with wealth n businesses dont want the feds taking there shit and there kids shit so they semi retire or really retire. That guy sal avillino.a multi mill. Pulled some wool over eyers yaeh he retired so his lil bro could take the heat.jackie old but was bk guy around the new boss why retire if you was working 5 yrs ago no show job or not.

What almost 80 year old with the money wouldn't want to retire?

It's not mutually exclusive to the mob. You get old and tired, and your world view changes. Trust me on that, and I'm only going on 55 lol.

I don't know if he's "retired" or not. My point was, he's still gonna have clout either way because of who has the reins right now.

And we're talking about a guy who didn't have two nickels to rub together for a good portion of his life. And today he's loaded. That makes for the retiring mindset if you ask me. I've heard he's a very nice guy, as far as those guys go. So I hope he's taking it easy smile.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:26 PM

Jackie does what he does. He is on the street.
speaking of sal avellino, my friend was locked up for 8 years and did time with avellino, he said sal was one of the classiest guys he ever met, he really liked sal and also narducci from philly.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:36 PM

Public shout out to PB here to the board.

We all ask alot of questions and I think it needs to be noticed that PB spends ALOT of time and energy answering them, giving us ALL insight with perspectives that none of us would have without him.

So, as Im sure most of you do, keep his contributions in mind, as we'd all be alot worse off without not only his insight, but patience in his contributions.

I think I can say from all of us, our thanks Bronx boy.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:37 PM

Thanks, Sonny. But I told you not to post once you get into your third six pack tongue grin.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:39 PM

Thanks, Sonny. But I told you not to post once you get into your third six pack tongue grin.

Always happy to embarrass you wink

But seriously it is deserved.

And should be acknowledged.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:41 PM

Pizza good example of the old.healty guy never retire them bronx westside guys who.got.snagged in the papa smurf case for.like a 10 k loan. The dude with the smooth haircut pic in the daily news from the 70. Tys those.guys i think older then.jack. someone put the guy down.rhode island retire owning nothing gave up his seat but had the strip clubs kicking jp.to him till the fbi came on mafia takedown day guy was 84. You wonder if the oyher avillino took back his crew think hes named the golfer.now his.brother going back to.jail. that mattu horste guy was active at 90 and sonny franses its funny in my book.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Pizza good example of the old.healty guy never retire them bronx westside guys who.got.snagged in the papa smurf case for.like a 10 k loan. The dude with the smooth haircut pic in the daily news from the 70.

You're talking about Joe Sarcinella. And he never had the money that guys like Francolino or Ponte did. He did well for himself, but his net worth can't even be mentioned in the same breath as those guys. He's a sports book lifer. And guys like that never give it up.

And I never said that ALL of them retire. But for the record, Matty was finished, by choice, when he passed away. They don't put guys like him on the shelf. But he had the grace and class to go quietly.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 10:07 PM

pmac Sal Avellino is retired, his brother runs that crew, he doesn't kick upto him, get over it. This is like the fourth time you've said this.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/24/14 10:10 PM

Respect to pmac TG, but where did you hear Sal was retired?

Working from memory personally I thought he was still active?

Curious how you know his bro runs that now?

Cheers mate.
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 01:45 AM

PB, do you actually know connected guys or do you do a lot of research?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Respect to pmac TG, but where did you hear Sal was retired?

Working from memory personally I thought he was still active?

Curious how you know his bro runs that now?

Cheers mate.

Well Carmine used to be a soldier in sal's crew, then recently carmine was just indicted as a captain so LOGIC(lol) tells us he took over his brothers crew.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 06:51 AM

Always thought Jackie was a capo

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 08:27 AM

@Dell.

Does answer the question, in a nutshell.

Do love a logical explanation.... wink

Consider me educated.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: TheAustralian

All research. Obvious, no?
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 09:13 AM

That's what I mean.

I thought he was known as a degenerate gambler and a brokester who only rose due to his closeness to Gotti.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

That's what I mean.

I thought he was known as a degenerate gambler and a brokester who only rose due to his closeness to Gotti.

He was a brokester most of his life. I posted that earlier in the thread. And he ended up very well off anyway. All the more reason to enjoy life if you ask me. Here's what I said:

And we're talking about a guy who didn't have two nickels to rub together for a good portion of his life. And today he's loaded. That makes for the retiring mindset if you ask me.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 10:30 AM

That's what I mean.

He was a brokester most of his life. I posted that earlier in the thread. And he ended up very well off anyway. All the more reason to enjoy life if you ask me. Here's what I said:

And we're talking about a guy who didn't have two nickels to rub together for a good portion of his life. And today he's loaded. That makes for the retiring mindset if you ask me.

Where did all his money come from? I don't remember him being mentioned in any big bookmaking or schemes.

Guess from the kick ups when he was on the panel and acting?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 10:44 AM

That's gotta be it. Because he ain't a brokester no more wink.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 11:49 AM

That's gotta be it. Because he ain't a brokester no more wink.

Is he still a soda salesman with a company car?

lol

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 11:58 AM

lol

Some of these job titles on their tax returns are a fucking riot. I agree lol.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 12:37 PM

lol

Some of these job titles on their tax returns are a fucking riot. I agree lol.

Matty the horse was with the same company

I wonder if they hung out in the lunchroom together?

whistle
Posted By: Yankees1951

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
Originally Posted By: TheAustralian

All research. Obvious, no?

Research ...The Internet ...The Street...all I have to say is one word.

RESPECT!
Posted By: Yankees1951

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 01:54 PM

I think Hairyknuckles would fit in good with the gambino family he's one tough motherfuker...
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 04:28 PM

I wonder if his nose ever healed from when he broke it shoving it up Gotti's ass. lol
Posted By: Itiswhatitis

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 05:33 PM

May I inquire as to what basis posters are stating Jackie's a man of wealth?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/25/14 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Itiswhatitis
May I inquire as to what basis posters are stating Jackie's a man of wealth?

No one said he's "wealthy." I don't throw that term around lightly. It's like the old Chris Rock joke. Oprah's rich. The guy who signs her check is wealthy. lol

But serving on the panel awhile back, coupled with his close relationship with Frank Cali, pulled him out of debt. And he's living at a much more comfortable level than he ever did before. That's all.

The guy is pushing 80. I hope he's retired for his own sake. Who needs that kind of aggravation at his age?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 03:10 AM

I am sure he is an a fluent Italian speaker so was in favour with the zips in the past
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 05:56 AM

Was jackie the nose from bensonhurst?i know i reads on the net that he went to new utrecht high school..and that he was a close asociate of john gotti..and that he was the capo of olympio garofols old crew,so i guess he was..what do you think?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 08:15 AM

Michael DiLeonardo testimony says Jackie was a captain since 1986

http://www.onewal.com/nw-dileo.html

Under the Wing of Jackie Nose

Q. Now, did there come a time later that same year, we're in 1986, that your own captain, Lilo Garafola, passed away?
A. Yes.
Q. And who succeeded him in that position?
A. Jackie D'Amico.
Q. Jack D'Amico, is he known by any other names on the street?
A. "Jackie Nose".
Q. And I'm showing you government's exhibit 15 on the screen. Who is that?
A. Jackie Nose.
Q. And you say his nickname is "Jackie Nose." How did he come by that name?
A. He had his nose fixed, he had a big, distorted nose at onetime.
Q. What was the nature of your relationship with Jackie Nose D'Amico from that point forward when he succeeded Lilo Garafola as your captain?
A. I was with Jack almost every day.
Q. Now, did there come a time that Jackie "Nose" D'Amico proposed you for membership to be straightened out as a soldier in the Gambino family?
A. Yes.
Q. When, approximately, was that?
A. When did he propose me?
Q. Yeah.
A. Almost immediately.
Q. So around '86, '87?
A. Right.
Q. Did D'Amico have any suggestions for you as to how you could raise your profile to increase your chances of getting straightened out?
A. Yes, he wanted me to come around the Ravenite whenever they were open, whenever John was there -- he wanted me to be around the boss more often -- or go out to the Bergen Hunt and Fish on Saturday.
Q. And what was the Bergen Hunt and Fish?
A. That was John Gotti's headquarters.
Q. John Gotti, Sr.?
A. Senior.
Q. And did you actually start attending these social clubs?
A. Yeah.
Q. As recommended?
A. Yes, I did.
Q. And by 1988, approximately how many times a week were you at John Gotti, Sr.'s social club, the Ravenite, on Mulberry Street?
A. That would be three or four.
Q. And who would you see there on a weekly basis?
A. Just about everybody in the family. Throughout that week, everybody would come.
Q. Just name a few.
A. Jimmy Brown, Danny Marino, Sammy Gravano, Louie Milito, Mario Cina, Tony C. old-timer from New Jersey, a captain. Louie Brag, another captain. Gregg DePalma.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 12:00 PM

I am sure he is an a fluent Italian speaker so was in favour with the zips in the past

ummm what

rolleyes
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 01:55 PM

I think its more of the fact that he was a spender/drinker/gambler that made him a "brokester".. he made $ he just couldn't keep it in his pocket.. he had hal irving and the german on record with him.. and he did run a book and the bank came straight from 282's pension fund..
I heard he lost 200k in a high stakes game that goes on in a certain hotel in midtown..so he owed 200k plus 4 a week in juice that he didn't have, to Frankie and butters, Frankie ended up dead and eventually he paid butters back after a sit down.
ive been told he went from nobody to boss just writing wagers..

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
I think its more of the fact that he was a spender/drinker/gambler that made him a "brokester".. he made $ he just couldn't keep it in his pocket.. he had hal irving and the german on record with him.. and he did run a book and the bank came straight from 282's pension fund..
I heard he lost 200k in a high stakes game that goes on in a certain hotel in midtown..so he owed 200k plus 4 a week in juice that he didn't have, to Frankie and butters, Frankie ended up dead and eventually he paid butters back after a sit down.
ive been told he went from nobody to boss just writing wagers..

That's all true. And I know you didn't find that online wink. But he's pretty well off right now.

Re Jackie as an "ass kisser." I honestly think that's been overblown. The guy had his button before Gotti rose to power, so it's not like Gotti made him.

I honestly think they just enjoyed each other's company and bonded over the gambling. Gamblers are ALWAYS drawn to each other. It's a fact of life.

And sure, Jackie was always a little too talkative at the Gotti trials. Especially the last one. But I think he was speaking out of genuine affection. I really do.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 04:39 PM

I got the info off wikipedia...

So true about degenerate gamblers.. That's all people need in common to be best friends.. Cause literally that's all they talk about.. I actually think gotti used to bet through jackies book.

I mean at one time "technically" jackie once had the book, hal irving and a piece of the javits until the big guy got it. He had hal irving claimed and that in itself is a gold mine. Talk about a horrible gambler with a ton of $. That's how jackie got his "job" at big geyser. Fuck he was on the payroll and got the jaguar as a "company" car.. Not a bad set up.. I also heard for being in that life he is a really nice guy. Heard he's never even raised his hands at anyone. Which I don't know is 100 percent true but to not let your ego and position turn you into a bully tells you something about his character.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/26/14 06:34 PM

I got the info off wikipedia...

lol lol

So true about degenerate gamblers.. That's all people need in common to be best friends.. Cause literally that's all they talk about.

Yup. That corny old saying about "birds of a feather," is never more appropriate than with gamblers. It really is a fucking disease when it gets to a certain point.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 03:49 AM

So true about degenerate gamblers.. That's all people need in common to be best friends.. Cause literally that's all they talk about.. I actually think gotti used to bet through jackies book.

YES this is 100% true ive known guys who were gambling addicts and then when they meet another gsambler thay just become really close within in a very short period of time.Gotti apparently had such a sickness for gambling that he only ever talked about his losses and apperantly the worst type of gamblers get off on losing not on winning this is why a guy like gotti could win a mill in an hour and then blow it all soon after because he doesnt feel comfortable until its all gone

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 09:04 AM

Is Jackie a killer?

I can only by the pictures of him but he just does not look like a killer!

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 09:27 AM

They are all killers buddy..
Posted By: Crash

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 11:09 AM

It was always kind of a mystery where jackie grew up. I thought i heard he grew up in bensonhurst . How did he start out and who was he with?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
They are all killers buddy..

Not remotely true.

They're all a part of something that condones and even promotes murder. And if that makes them "guilty by extension," so be it. But the overwhelming majority of mob guys have never pulled the trigger.

There have literally been thousands of made guys in New York since the Mafia's inception here. And less than half that amount of mob murders. Simple math disproves the old myth that you have to kill someone to get made.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 05:17 PM

I glad that you are here to have me corected,i dont know what would i do without you...so you know a lot of guys that were in the mob without killing anyone?and is it so antrue to say that they are all killers??and is it true that condoming a murder makek you a killer yourself?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
I glad that you are here to have me corected,i dont know what would i do without you...so you know a lot of guys that were in the mob without killing anyone?and is it so antrue to say that they are all killers??and is it true that condoming a murder makek you a killer yourself?

What's wrong with you? I was polite as could be, and went out of my to say that it may make them "guilty by extension."

They're all a part of something that condones and even promotes murder. And if that makes them "guilty by extension," so be it. But the overwhelming majority of mob guys have never pulled the trigger.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 05:39 PM

Whats wrong with me??what is wrong with you ser??was i not polite to??i wouldnt act like a bad mannerd brat,even thou i dont know you,you are older than me and i respect you..we were having a discussion you have your opinion i have mine..what is the problem?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 06:22 PM

I don't know what your problem is, no one was coming at you sideways he was just clarifying something... And its true not even half of made guys have pulled the trigger.. You don't need a family full of murderers. Just a handful of capable guys.
They are about making money bottom line. Most of them are brains and schemers.. An earner is a lot more valuable than a shooter.I stated earlier on this thread that jackie nose went from soldier to boss doing nothing more than writing wagers..
Frank cali is another one who's probably never held a gun in his life let alone killed someone.
If you had to kill someone to get a button there would be bodies everywhere.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 06:26 PM

I don't know what your problem is, no one was coming at you sideways he was just clarifying something... And its true not even half of made guys have pulled the trigger.. You don't need a family full of murderers. Just a handful of capable guys.
They are about making money bottom line. Most of them are brains and schemers.. An earner is a lot more valuable than a shooter.I stated earlier on this thread that jackie nose went from soldier to boss doing nothing more than writing wagers..
Frank cali is another one who's probably never held a gun in his life let alone killed someone.
If you had to kill someone to get a button there would be bodies everywhere.

Thanks, buddy. That's all I was trying to say. Let it go now and get it back on topic. But you know I appreciate it smile.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 06:30 PM

Why dont you to go get a room? wink ok so you dont have to be a killer nice to know..so like the guy asked was he a bensonhurst guy?

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 06:39 PM

No one even appreciated my info I haad to give on the first page.. I guess people would rather bicker about pointless shit.

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/27/14 06:52 PM

You are right,lets cut the crap..do you know wich gambino crews were based in bensonhurst?i know the zips were at 18th ave and james faila...any others?
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/28/14 01:01 AM

In Kenji Gallo's book (which I read a long time ago...memory is not perfect) he pretty much shits all over everybody, but he mentioned he respected Jackie D'Padova (which was not the guy's real name. Apparently he respected this guy so he left his real name out of the book). Does anybody know if he was talking about Jackie D'Amico?
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Jackie the nose - 07/28/14 01:31 AM

Nevermind...I got my answer. I guess Ken was talking about D'Amico.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET