Home

In Business, does the Ndrangheta pick people?

Posted By: Antonio

In Business, does the Ndrangheta pick people? - 07/04/14 11:50 AM

I was thinking to myself the other day. In business are the many businessmen involved with organized crime picked by the ndrangheta or any other mafia, to help carry out their dirty work or can entrepreneurs have a sit down with a local boss or member of an ndrine by his own will, to unfold their business plans together and gain personal advantage by doing so?
Posted By: NNY78

Re: In Business, does the Ndrangheta pick people? - 07/04/14 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Antonio
I was thinking to myself the other day. In business are the many businessmen involved with organized crime picked by the ndrangheta or any other mafia, to help carry out their dirty work or can entrepreneurs have a sit down with a local boss or member of an ndrine by his own will, to unfold their business plans together and gain personal advantage by doing so?

Antonio,

The mafia both here and over in Italy muscles in on businesses all the time as I'm sure you know. I can't imagine a competent businessman voluntarily going into business with these guys unless he is a wannabe. I just don't see an upside for any businessman to hook up with these guys. Happy 4th everybody! smile
Posted By: sbhc

Re: In Business, does the Ndrangheta pick people? - 07/04/14 09:23 PM

In Donal Mcintyres documentary about the Camorra in Naples he said it's very hard for any legit successful business man to operate in the city without drawing mafia attention.

If the mafia wants you as a business partner you don't really have a choice in the matter. One mattress factory owner featured in the doc reported the Camorra for extortion and shortly after had his business premises burnt to the ground.
Posted By: DoctorTwink

Re: In Business, does the Ndrangheta pick people? - 07/07/14 07:20 PM

They go to you. You would not go to them. It's like this in Italy and in the United States.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET