Home

Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence?

Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/23/14 11:08 PM

My question is, has any member been sentenced to say 20 years and, after serving a decent amount(8 years for arguments sake)then, picked up the phone and actually been able to shorten their sentence by making a deal? .........Or, do the courts have a take it now or leave it type policy?........Just not sure how that would even work out if someone wanted to.

I can imagine that sitting in an 8x8 cell for most of your days, would make you rationalize your choices.......Just curious if anyone decided to throw in the towel AND actually cut a good deal after they served considerable time?

What baffles me is some of these guys that KNOW they will never see the light of day AND, they refuse to speak OR, a possible out isn't available once they are sentenced.

Thanks for info in advance!
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/23/14 11:12 PM

Seeing some of the pictures of guys like Senter, Amuso, Orena and Scarfo in prison, a lot of them seem contented.

Of course they would rather be free but it's not like they are in a gulag where they belong.
Posted By: jace

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 12:09 AM

I think they have their minds made up way beforehand. Joe Massino turned to a former federal prosecutor as soon as jury rendered it's verdict and signaled that he wanted to talk. Also Sam Gravano saw that trial was not going to go well and flipped. Joe Valachi is only one I can think of who did some time, then turned on Mafia.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 12:12 AM

Yes Salvatore "Wayne" Grande a Philadelphia soldier and father of Dominic Grande was serving a heavy sentence 38 years for RICO decided to flip a few years into his sentence
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 04:44 AM

Frankie 'Blue eyes' sparaco for the Columbo's did like 20yrs and just before he was to be released got threatened with another murder rap and rolled whilst in prison.

Not that it did him much good. Pretty sure he's still there.
Posted By: mickey2

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 05:16 AM

y'all all called Genius, right?

he means members of the board, not members of the alleged mafia wink
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 07:52 AM

Chuckie Porter,a Pittsburgh mob guy,was released about 8 or 9 years into a 28 year racketeering sentence,thanks to his cooperation with the Feds.
Porter was under Mike Genovese and was Underboss at the time of his arrest.He gave up some good info on the Youngstown faction,and also warned the Feds about intended hits on 5 or 6 guys,one of which was "Crazy" Phil Leonetti,who testified against Porter.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 12:56 PM

Tommy horse head Scafidi from Philly did the same
Posted By: Hamilton

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 01:08 PM

I wonder if any of the guys cut a deal and were placed in protective custody with officer hamburger. That's the hamburger jail from the 70's and 80's probably early 90's too. I doubt there are that many left today ...
Posted By: jmack

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyL
Yes Salvatore "Wayne" Grande a Philadelphia soldier and father of Dominic Grande was serving a heavy sentence like 30 years for RICO decided to flip a few years into his sentence

You have to remember that grande was looking at another 20 years on top of the 40 he already had. If he didn't get caught trying to buy something like 10 kilos from an informant while in Leavenworth , who knows what would have happened.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 02:22 PM

Gaspipe Casso cut a deal after he was convicted. But the deal was overturned later after he abused it. He's serving several consecutive life sentences.

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: jmack
Yes Salvatore "Wayne" Grande a Philadelphia soldier and father of Dominic Grande was serving a heavy sentence like 30 years for RICO decided to flip a few years into his sentence

You have to remember that grande was looking at another 20 years on top of the 40 he already had. If he didn't get caught trying to buy something like 10 kilos from an informant while in Leavenworth , who knows what would have happened.

Yeah I know that but he still falls under the catagorey of a guy flipping after he's already a few years into his sentence
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 07:30 PM

Thanks guys!.....Exactly what I meant....Now it's time to search these names.

Who the heck is Chuckie Porter? Never heard that name before.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
Thanks guys!.....Exactly what I meant....Now it's time to search these names.

Who the heck is Chuckie Porter? Never heard that name before.

Pittsburgh underboss who flipped
Posted By: jmack

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/24/14 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: jmack

Yeah I know that but he still falls under the catagorey of a guy flipping after he's already a few years into his sentence

True enough.
Posted By: TheWolf

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/25/14 03:22 AM

Wasn't Leonetti sentenced to like 50 something years before he flipped and is now walking the streets.

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/25/14 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: TheWolf
Wasn't Leonetti sentenced to like 50 something years before he flipped and is now walking the streets.

Yeah he did, but he didn't serve any of that sentence he flipped immediately after and according to him In his book that was his plan all along since he couldn't talk to the Feds without his lawyer until he had been sentenced

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/25/14 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Tommy horse head Scafidi from Philly did the same

Sort of, he flipped a few months before he was going to be released from prison because he said he feared for his life since he had sided with Stanfa he thought Joey would kill him.
Posted By: TheMechanic

Re: Has anyone cut deal, while serving long sentence? - 06/25/14 09:38 PM

Burt Kaplan, flipped to testify against Eppolito and Caracappa.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET