Home

Prison Murders

Posted By: NE1020

Prison Murders - 06/22/14 08:11 PM

Im just reading about Peter LaTempa, who was the witness who was set to testify against Vito Genovese and was eventually poisoned in prison. How common was it to have people whacked in prison back when LCN was in its prime? Are there any other notable examples of mobsters getting killed in prison?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Prison Murders - 06/22/14 08:14 PM

Did Donald Frankos not whack a.mobster in prison ??
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Prison Murders - 06/22/14 10:15 PM

Vincent Papa got stabbed in Atlanta Federal Prison in the 70's.
Posted By: TheMechanic

Re: Prison Murders - 06/22/14 11:03 PM

He murdered a Luchese associate, Richard Bilello or something like that. It's been a while since I read the book but I think the guy was a pedophile , at least according to Frankos.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Prison Murders - 06/23/14 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
Vincent Papa got stabbed in Atlanta Federal Prison in the 70's.

a few people connected to the french connection got killed in there. Papa got killed by some black guys who were hired by herbie sperling a drug dealer that didn't like him.

Re: Prison Murders - 06/23/14 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: TheMechanic
He murdered a Luchese associate, Richard Bilello or something like that. It's been a while since I read the book but I think the guy was a pedophile , at least according to Frankos.

he alledgly raped someone during the attica prison riots.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Prison Murders - 06/23/14 03:27 PM

Tommy Pitaro's partner Billy Bright was stabbed to death in Atlanta's federal prison but I don't recall the reason. It was for revenge
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Prison Murders - 06/24/14 12:47 AM

How hard was it to whack someone in prison back then? Im wondering because im interested to know why Joseph Valachi was never killed.
Posted By: SimonChen

Re: Prison Murders - 06/24/14 08:52 AM

Because he was well guarded.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Prison Murders - 06/24/14 12:19 PM

Giuseppe DeVito, one of the key opposition leaders in Montreal during the war to take over Vito Rizzoto's empire, was found dead in his cell earlier this year. The cause of death was cyanide poisoning. Many think it was retribution.

Not sure how true this is but I recall hearing that one of the Angiulo brothers (Boston), maybe even Gerry the boss, was sucker punched by an African American guy in prison. This guy's bail was mysteriously paid for shortly thereafter by an unspecified party. The guy either was never heard from again or showed up in the trunk of a car.

Re: Prison Murders - 06/25/14 08:22 AM

I've read that tommy desimone and angelo sepe killed a patriarcha affiliated guy whilst locked up.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Prison Murders - 06/25/14 04:09 PM

After the New York State Police stormed Attica prison following the riot, Mr. Mickey Privatera a Buffalo cop killer was found dead in his cell. Cops or other prisoners ?????
Posted By: merlino

Re: Prison Murders - 06/25/14 04:47 PM

Mickey Cohen wasn't murdered while in federal prison but I believe was paralyzed and was never the same when he was released
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET