Home

Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life

Posted By: tiger84

Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/26/14 08:32 PM

For me its defiantly Carmine Persico his war with Joey gallo and him surviving murder attempt after murder attemp even the way he got put away for life in the big commision case hes been involved in a lot of lcn history.I wonder how things would of gone if he was aquitted and he was on the streets during the 3rd colombo war.

Also chin probably has 10x the amount of blood on his hands but his crimes and past are a big mystery
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/26/14 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: tiger84
Also chin probably has 10x the amount of blood on his hands but his crimes and past are a big mystery

Well, if we're talking about "interesting" in the overall sense, and not just the criminal history, then Chin's story would actually make for a nice sociological discussion. Four brothers become gangsters (one of them gay, to boot), one a priest. Pretty interesting stuff.
Posted By: secondcoming

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/26/14 09:06 PM

The chin for me too. Old enough to have been around names like Costello and anastasia and stuck around long enough to see the gotti era and after. Imagine the stories he could tell...
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/26/14 09:30 PM

lol which one was gay. i know his daughter is, must run in the family or something.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 03:09 AM

Scarfo fascinates the hell out of me. An interesting personality, whatever you may think of him as a boss.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:12 AM

The Chin and Bonanno.
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:38 AM

Vito Rizzuto
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 05:23 AM

Jimmy Marcello
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 09:10 AM

Casso cause he always made reasons to whack people
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 11:03 AM

Vito Rizzuto for sure
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Jimmy Marcello

How did 10 years got out and went back. How is that instressing? I would say Vito Rizzuto for sure.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 01:29 PM

Tony Salerno, and Danny Leo
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 01:41 PM

Vito Rizzuto and the Chin.. Would love to hear some stories from those two
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 01:51 PM

1. Vito Rizzuto
2. Chin (and I know NOTHING hardly about the Genovese and his story still interests me)
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 02:35 PM

I'm going to go with Tony Ducks. I just think the whole Lucchese Family is interesting in general.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 02:57 PM

Fat tony Salerno for me
Posted By: pmac

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 03:33 PM

you got to put a date on it, lets say after april 1992 the month gotti gets life. the only official bosses after that was stanfa merlino chin an massino I think and baby shacks in rhode island. most interesting has to be merlino cause its just the ongoing soap opera is he still boss or not. but we heard from uncle joes mouth as of 2010 merlino can make who ever he wants when he gets home. like when fat tony got caught on wire saying leave it up to the boss when a family passed a note of proposed guys but didn't use there nicknames. merlino wasn't connected like rizzuto but they killed a lot of guys during his time when the big 5 families had made rules not to whack guys in the 90tys after the Colombo war.

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 03:59 PM

Jack tocco from Detroit was official boss and so was joe todaro
Posted By: F_white

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:03 PM

Jack Tocco out of detroit can shed alot of light on things.
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:12 PM

I'll go with James Marcello. Short in stature but apparently tough as nails. Could hurt many of the remaining Outfit guys, but don't bet on it. From all I've read and heard, this guy is old-school and gutsy. The G would love to "turn" this man.

Does anyone know the outcome of the ranch the G tried to seize?

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:13 PM

John difronzo could tell a few stories aswel

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:14 PM

John difronzo could tell a few stories aswel
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:26 PM

Snakes Persico and Da Chin Gigante

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 04:29 PM

I say Jimmy Marcello because of how young he was when he became a top 3 guy. More or less unheard of within the Chicago Mafia.

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting - 05/27/14 04:29 PM

Posted By: leftygun62

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
lol which one was gay. i know his daughter is, must run in the family or something.

Pasquale
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 05:17 PM

Joe Massino. The guy was a mob boss and a rat, doesn't get much more interesting than that. There is probably a ton of things he knows about which haven't been revealed and won't be for years.

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 05:26 PM

He would have gone down as one of the greatest bosses ever if he hadn't of ratted , wot he did with the bonnano family after all there troubles and the Donnie Brasco affair was phenomenal . He shut down all the social clubs and stopped members attending weddings and wakes . He got the bonnanos seat bak on the commission and took them from being on there knees to arguably one of the powerful families in the country during the 90s . Massino was pretty much the head of the commission being the only official boss on the street from the mid 90s to the early 2000s
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 05:38 PM

They got really lucky along the way, though. The feds didn't have them targeted in the Commission case since they had been removed by the other families and pretty much written off as an endangered species by the feds.

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 05:41 PM

Yeah I agree snakes , being kicked off the commission allowed them to stay under the radar
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
They got really lucky along the way, though. The feds didn't have them targeted in the Commission case since they had been removed by the other families and pretty much written off as an endangered species by the feds.

Exactly. Pistone did them a favor. If the Bonannos still had a Commission seat in 1984/1985, their administration would have been targeted, and convicted, as well.
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 06:10 PM

Persico say what you want he's had control over his family for over 40 years more or less and took out any one that could challenge his authority. What are they gonna do hit him with a longer prison term.

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 06:20 PM

He could tell u a few prison stories . He has only been on the street for 4 or 5 years since 1971

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
He could tell u a few prison stories . He has only been on the street for 4 or 5 years since 1971

That's why he's interesting to me held power in a family that long, how many have in jail or on the streets?

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 06:31 PM

It's prob because half the family r related to him one way or another

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
It's prob because half the family r related to him one way or another

That didn't happen for no reason.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 07:06 PM

Accardo.

His life was the life of the Chicago mob. Capone, prohibition, outfit political influence etc.

And he had a front row ticket to it all and not a day in jail to spend for his troubles.

And when he passed, so did the outfit. To it's current shadow of itself.

Nobody saw more than him. And I do mean nobody.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
I say Jimmy Marcello because of how young he was when he became a top 3 guy. More or less unheard of within the Chicago Mafia.

marcello was the fall guy, and he fell
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/27/14 08:00 PM

Chin. And all the upper echelon Genovese guys (Eggs, Prisco, Salerno, Bellomo, etc.)
Posted By: TheMechanic

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/28/14 12:23 AM

I'd like to hear Alphonse Persico's story more in detail, would be interesting and not a lot of detailed information.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/28/14 01:43 PM

Even though he was never made, let alone being a boss, the scumbag Chris Pacillo has surely lived a most interesting life and still does even though he ought to be locked up with his buddies who he ratted on. He's in South Beach screwing a bunch of actresses, driving Ferrari's and living the high life.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/28/14 01:57 PM

Point blank its Rizzuto, but depending on who and what your interested in also counts if I were to say for myself it would most certainly be a Outfit guy, but I just think Rizzuto has had by far the most happen to him and been on both ends of a WAR I mean a real MOB WAR. Shit is crazy.
Posted By: BerginCrew

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/28/14 03:04 PM

I would say giancana. The jfk and castro stories he could tell. Def most interesting. My second choise would be sonny franseze with better part of a decade in the life. Even with his long prison term he could tell some pretty good stories
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/28/14 10:25 PM

No Nose. He's been involved with the Outfit since the early 1950's and is still on the streets 60 years later and has done very little prison time. I still have no idea how he escaped Family Secrets. He goes back to the time of Paul Ricca, Murray Humphreys, Milwaukee Phil, Sam DeStefano , Tony Spilotro, and Sam Giancana
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Which recent mob boss had the most intersting life - 05/28/14 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes

Same result anyways. Rastelli was convicted in 1986 and died in prison along with the other bosses. Nobody had Massino pegged as underboss at the time, so he likely would have skated on the case like the Genovese underboss at the time.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET