Home

Rules for whacking, I am confused.

Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 04:57 PM

There is so much misinformation on the net that I don't know what is fact or fiction.

In particular: The 3 capo murders

I have read in numerous places that the boss of each family has the power to eliminate anyone within his own family......It is when you want to wipe out another family's member when approval is needed.......So why is it that Rastelli had to ask the commission to kill 3 of his own? (Which I heard they denied initially but relented when they learned they planned to strike first).......Was it because of their rank? The fact that if a capo isn't safe, then 99% would lose respect for the structure?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 05:04 PM

It was a ruling by the Commission that no violence was allowed between the two groups. Both groups agreed to this. When Massino´s side found out that the three captains were arming themselves for war, Massino asked the Commission to break the agreement.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 05:08 PM

Yeah the commission wen they heard this basically said do wot u have to do , u have to defend yourselves
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 05:28 PM

Oh, I gotcha......So this was a unique situation?.....The tension was common knowledge........So I was correct that a boss can eliminate his own members, at will ? (no matter their rank)

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 05:45 PM

Right. The tension had been built up for some time so the Commission stepped in to avoid a war.

A boss can eliminate anybody in his Family at will. He doesn´t need Commissions approval for that. But, the official Consigliere can not be killed without the Family´s captains consent. That´s according to the code. At least in the old days.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
Oh, I gotcha......So this was a unique situation?.....The tension was common knowledge........So I was correct that a boss can eliminate his own members, at will ? (no matter their rank)

Read up on Vic and Gas or Nicky Scarfo.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
But, the official Consigliere can not be killed without the Family´s captains consent.

Not that Im doubting Hairy but this is the first Ive heard regards this.

Where'd you hear this please?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 10:54 PM

Rules for whacking, I am confused.

I don't see how. Just keep pulling til you feel a big release from deep inside your belly. And if you're a righty, try it with your left hand. It almost feels like it's someone else doing it that way.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/14/14 10:56 PM

^^^ Now that was funny. grin

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/15/14 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
But, the official Consigliere can not be killed without the Family´s captains consent.

I don´t know how it is today, but in the past every consigliere was elected to his position by the members. Killing him without the captains accordance would be undermining the boss´s position and jeopardize the boss´s relationship with the rest of the members. The Consigliere spot was a position of confidence. That´s why the consigliere position used to be an extremely powerful one. Mostly, this rule had to do with securing the boss´s own position because he was also supposed to get elected to his position but it was also a tool to keep the power balance between the boss and the rest of the members.
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/15/14 04:46 AM

The rules have been broken so many times with trigger happy guys like Gotti and Casso... The unofficial rule in this business is to tolerate the others as long as they make money and don't represent a danger to you... When their lives are threatened, they don't hesitate to kill. Or when one guy wants a bigger piece of the pie for himself.
Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/15/14 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

I don´t know how it is today, but in the past every consigliere was elected to his position by the members. Killing him without the captains accordance would be undermining the boss´s position and jeopardize the boss´s relationship with the rest of the members. The Consigliere spot was a position of confidence. That´s why the consigliere position used to be an extremely powerful one. Mostly, this rule had to do with securing the boss´s own position because he was also supposed to get elected to his position but it was also a tool to keep the power balance between the boss and the rest of the members.
[quote=SonnyBlackstein][quote=HairyKnuckles]But, the official Consigliere can not be killed without the Family´s captains consent.

Does this idea go back to the concept of a Consigliere serving almost as a conduit between the boss and the soldiers?
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/16/14 01:02 AM

Kinda f''cked how some guys are used on hits even if there successful and come back waiting to be congratulated and end up getting killed themselves, just cause they got info on who ordered it
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/16/14 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
Kinda f''cked how some guys are used on hits even if there successful and come back waiting to be congratulated and end up getting killed themselves, just cause they got info on who ordered it

It happens. Paranoid bosses think you're a liability, and boom, you're gone. But I wouldn't shed any tears for murderers who end up getting murdered themselves. What comes around goes around.
Posted By: secondcoming

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/17/14 12:47 PM

That's the one and only thing that makes me sympathize with rats. You can do everything right, keep your mouth shut, and still get killed as a safety precaution. In that respect, ratting is logical
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/17/14 01:01 PM

carmine persico had his owned consign whacked cause he was getting to powerfull. scarpa said it was a first, that the guy was really liked. why did snake put a guy up there in the first place but he did a lot of bad moves like being his own lawyer. snake made sessa the consign 2 yrs after getting made.
Posted By: StLguy

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/17/14 11:09 PM

" why did snake put a guy up there in the first place "

I guess you have to expect that kind of thing out of a guy who's nickname is snake. rolleyes
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Rules for whacking, I am confused. - 05/18/14 01:59 AM

Yeah no wonder they can't trust nobody
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET