Home

Nicodemo Trial

Posted By: Dellacroce

Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 06:49 PM

Anthony Nicodemo, Unwitting Getaway Driver?

By George Anastasia For Bigtrial.net

The gunman who shot and killed Gino DiPietro in December 2012 made his getaway in a black Honda Pilot owned and driven that day by South Philadelphia mob figure Anthony Nicodemo.

That fact was not in dispute as Nicodemo's murder and conspiracy trial opened this afternoon in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court. What came next was rather murky.

Using the same set of facts, Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarallo and defense attorney Brian McMonagle told the jury decidedly different stories about what went down in the 2800 block of Iseminger Street on the afternoon of December 12.

Zarallo, pointing to a .357 magnum that was found in Nicodemo's vehicle, said authorities had the "smoking gun" that tied the hulking, 42-year-old mob soldier to the murder. He also said that a witness, who testified before the trial wrapped up this afternoon, got the license tag of the black Honda Pilot as it drove away and that within minutes police were knocking on Nicodemo's door in the 3800 block of South 17th Street, a five-minute ride from the murder scene.

But McMonagle, in an impassioned opening statement, said his client was not involved in the shooting. He just happened to be parked near the murder scene when an unknown gunman jumped in his car and forced him to drive away.

Law enforcement sources who have been following the case shook their heads and rolled their eyes. Nicodemo, they pointed out, has been held without bail since his arrest on the day of the shooting. Yet this is the first time he has offered any explanation of what went down. If, in fact, he was the victim of what amounted to a carjacking, they said, then he could have offered that explanation when they came knocking on his door minutes after DiPietro was killed.

The trial, before Judge Jeffrey Minehart, is scheduled to resume tomorrow morning. Nicodemo faces 30 years to life if convicted of the first degree murder charge. He is also facing conspiracy and weapons charges.

Zarallo told the jury that Nicodemo was involved in a "conspiracy to assassinate" DiPietro, a one-time South Philadelphia drug dealer. He said the gun and the car tied him to the murder plot and said he was just as guilty as the shooter. He also said authorities, when searching Nicodemo's home, found a pre-paid phone -- a "burn phone," Zarallo said -- and traced four calls made between the time the shooting occurred and the police arrived at Nicodemo's home. All four calls were made to another burn phone, he said.

Zarallo also said a "close associate" of Nicodemo, Domenic Grande, fit the description of the hitman who, two witnesses said, was dressed in a black hoody and was wearing a mask and gloves as he fled the scene. The shooter was described as short and stocky.

James Moone, a mailman who was working his route in the neighborhood, testified that he heard six shots and ran to find DiPietro lying next to a pickup truck.

"His eyes were open and he was trying to breathe," said Moone, who testified that he knew DiPietro from working in the neighborhood. Moone said he heard the first shot as he was at his mail truck a half-block away near the corner of Johnson and Iseminger Streets. He said as he ran toward the scene in heard another shot and then saw a man in a black hoody standing over DiPietro's body while he fired four more shots into the victim.

The jury also saw snippets from a surveillance camera that captured Moone at his truck and running toward the murder scene. The video included the sounds of six shots being fired. The audio brought tears to the eyes of several members of DiPietro's family who were part of the packed eleventh floor courtroom.

Lewis Houck, a second witness, testified that he was walking near Camac Street when the suspected shooter ran past him. He said he watched as the shooter jumped into a Honda Pilot that was parked in an alley that ran parallel to Johnson Street.

Houck, who got the license tag of the vehicle and turned it over to police, said it appeared to him the engine was already running and the vehicle pulled away as the shooter jumped in and slammed the door behind him.

The prosecutor said the motive for the murder remains unknown, but cautioned that the District Attorney's Office is not required to offer a motive. At the time of the shooting, several sources said DiPietro was suspected of cooperating with authorities in ongoing narcotics investigation.

In his opening statement, McMonagle told the jury that Nicodemo "had no idea his life would be destroyed" when he woke up on the morning of Dec. 12, 2012. He said Nicodemo drove his two young children to school that morning, did some food shopping and then, that afternoon, drove over to the neighborhood around Iseminger Street, a neighborhood where his parents lived, where he had grown up and where he maintained a business office.

McMonagle described the events following the shooting of DiPietro as "chaos" and said his client had "no idea" what was going on. The defense lawyer implied that Nicodemo was forced at gunpoint to drive away and that, a short time later, the shooter jumped out of the Honda Pilot, but not before hiding the murder weapon in a seat pocket behind the driver's seat of the vehicle.

That's where police found the gun.

McMonagle said Nicodemo had no motive to kill DiPietro and asked the jury who would commit a murder in his own neighborhood while driving his own car.

"If this was planned," McMonagle said, "never in a million years would he drive his own car to a neighborhood that he goes to every day."

At the time of Nicodemo's arrest, law enforcement sources described the shooting as perhaps "the dumbest hit" in the history of the Philadelphia mob, citing the same facts and raising the same questions that McMonagle posed to the jury.

Nicodemo, who has been identified by New Jersey authorities as a suspect in the 2003 murder of mobster John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto, showed little emotion during today's proceedings. Dressed in a white shirt and tie, he occasionally whispered in McMonagle's ear and during breaks he waved and nodded to friends and family members who helped pack the courtroom.

Law enforcement sources have indicated that Nicodemo could work a deal by giving up what he knows about the Casasanto murder and other acts of violence that authorities believe are linked to mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and his top associates.

The Casasanto shooting is one of three unsolved murders that occurred during Ligambi's reign. Ligambi and six associates were on trial for racketeering at the time the DiPietro murder occurred. Ligambi and two of those defendants beat the charges.

One underworld source predicted that Nicodemo would take his chances by going to trial for the DiPietro slaying, but would cut a deal if he were convicted.

"If he blows trial, he'll start talking," the source said.

History would suggest that that might not be the best strategy. The last mobster to cut a deal after being convicted of first degree murder was Willard Moran who was convicted of the murder of union boss John McCullough in 1980. Moran is still in jail.

George Anastasia can be contacted at George@bigtrial.net.

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/05/anthony-nicodemo-unwitting-getaway.html#more
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
He just happened to be parked near the murder scene when an unknown gunman jumped in his car and forced him to drive away.

"And then the gunman said... Take me to your house!"

HAHAHAHHAHAH.....

Ah, ya kill me.

Goodnight Nicodemo.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 06:58 PM

lol lol lol lol
Posted By: DelcoNostra

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:09 PM

Haha agreed it's laughable... But as a juror, there is no proof at all that he pulled the trigger or that he wasn't being held at gunpoint. He said, she said.. I don't believe it for a second and I am not a supporter of Nicodemos but, as much as you laugh off his side of the story, there is no proof that it didn't happen.. Just saying... I would've loved to have been selected for that jury pool!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:16 PM

One underworld source predicted that Nicodemo would take his chances by going to trial for the DiPietro slaying, but would cut a deal if he were convicted.

Dangerous precedent est by the judge awarding Joseph Massino 10years for 7 murders after flipping post conviction.

Now every wiseguy no matter the chances will throw the dice at trial before rolling.

History would suggest that that might not be the best strategy. The last mobster to cut a deal after being convicted of first degree murder was Willard Moran who was convicted of the murder of union boss John McCullough in 1980. Moran is still in jail.

Incorrect. Joseph Massino.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Dangerous precedent est by the judge awarding Joseph Massino 10years for 7 murders after flipping post conviction.

Now every wiseguy no matter the chances will throw the dice at trial before rolling.

You beat me to it, Sonny. But only because I was eating my dinner tongue grin.

Massino gave us the blueprint for the 21st Century rat. Take your chances at trial, and if you're valuable enough you can flip after the fact.

But it won't be every wiseguy, Sonny. Only the guys who can really trade up. And something tells me that if Nicodemo can give them an ancient Merlino murder, they'll play ball with him.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You beat me to it, Sonny. But only because I was eating my dinner tongue grin.

Massino gave us the blueprint for the 21st Century rat. Take your chances at trial, and if you're valuable enough you can flip after the fact.

But it won't be every wiseguy, Sonny. Only the guys who can really trade up. And something tells me that if Nicodemo can give them an ancient Merlino murder, they'll play ball with him.

Im sure with the chip on their shoulder with the recent mistrial, the feds would be more than happy to settle for murder that nails ligambi.
Posted By: 22

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:38 PM

I mean lets face it in a murder trial how many jurors have actually with their own eyes seen someone kill somebody.It's easy to say anything could have happened because again the jury obviously wasn't there,so you have to go on evidence,motives,whatever else you can find.Again there is nobody to prove the defense's theory as a car-jacking but if the jury thinks a tough guy like Nicodemo just happens to be in the vicinity of a hit and at random the shooter is going to jump in his car is beyond far-fetched.Not saying he's guilty or innocent but that defense makes you wonder.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 22
I mean lets face it in a murder trial how many jurors have actually with their own eyes seen someone kill somebody.It's easy to say anything could have happened because again the jury obviously wasn't there,so you have to go on evidence,motives,whatever else you can find.Again there is nobody to prove the defense's theory as a car-jacking but if the jury thinks a tough guy like Nicodemo just happens to be in the vicinity of a hit and at random the shooter is going to jump in his car is beyond far-fetched.Not saying he's guilty or innocent but that defense makes you wonder.

Good to see you posting, 22.

You're the most objective Philly native here. Some of those guys are cuckoo lol .

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:53 PM

Im sure with the chip on their shoulder with the recent mistrial, the feds would be more than happy to settle for murder that nails ligambi.

Oh yeah, Delly. If he can give them any of the guys who stick in their craw, they'll be happy to deal.

And don't go nuts on me if you're a Philly guy. I'm the first to admit that I don't follow that family very closely. But it's also possible that they'll try to get Nicodemo to give up Canalichio if he knows something about an old murder, and in turn, try to flip Canalichio on Ligambi or Merlino.

I'm not saying that it'll work. But I know how the Feds think. And shit rolls downhill, not up.
Posted By: bobbyvegas

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 07:56 PM

Thats not too far fetched that dom grande was the shooter. I heard him and nicodemo do a lot of business together. I know they own a bunch of properties together. They are very close friends

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 08:48 PM

Quote for truth there PB.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 08:50 PM

Does Joey Merlino's CREW or ne one else in da Philly Fam hav ne thing to worry about if Nicodemo flips?
Posted By: paprincess

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 09:31 PM

such a shame to see so much chaos amongst people in their own community... would have been nice to have separated them all from the beginning...

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 09:39 PM

Thanks there Pizzaboy that's nice to hear.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/13/14 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: jipjones
Does Joey Merlino's CREW or ne one else in da Philly Fam hav ne thing to worry about if Nicodemo flips?

Yeah nicodemo goes far back enough that he was around when Merlino was boss so he might know a few things from that era but he definately knows about what happened under Ligambi

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 04:08 AM

I don't know, whenever they start talking deals it seems like everything falls through.Say Nicodemo did flip,I doubt it but say he did.Now I would venture that he would be a way better witness than Monacello or Aponte but then Uncle Joe's lawyer comes in and starts ripping everything apart.It just doesn't seem like juries like the rats and I could see that going nowhere.I mean Nicodemo isn't a big catch like Ligambi but maybe they should just try to get a conviction on him and leave it at that.I know the feds don't think like that but they sure as heck have been getting burned lately.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: bobbyvegas
Thats not too far fetched that dom grande was the shooter. I heard him and nicodemo do a lot of business together. I know they own a bunch of properties together. They are very close friends

Wow Thanks For Sharing Bobby..I think I'm starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together now. Aren't you and mikeyvegas "real good" friends.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 08:39 AM

MikeyO, why dont you go troll on a different forum? Everybody here knows your a troll
Posted By: cheech

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 09:19 AM

wow, this dude is done...terrible defense...i guess what else do u say though?

killed a guy in his own car and drove home afterwards with the gun

brilliant
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 09:32 AM

haha Nicodemo has no chance.

Sounds like young Dom Grande could have been the shooter, has he even been questioned about the murder?
Posted By: merlino

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 09:59 AM

Wonder if any of the states witnesses will go on extended vacations or get amnesia when they are called to testify
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 11:45 AM

GA article already said the 2 witnesses testified to what they know. And the one guy said the car was running and sped away when the shooter jumped in. Seems planned.

Can the defense establish reasonable doubt? All depends how fed up with the Mob actions the jury is. If they are tired of these guys, Nicodemo gets convicted. Regardless of Nicodemos story, no matter how outlandish it is, no one YET can physically place HIM at the murder scene. He shoulda/coulda said the car was stolen. He shoulda/Coulda parked the car after the fact and walked to the corner pizza shop. Then come home and be like "what the hell?!?"

I agree, it don't look good at all for the guy. But, people get away with this kind of shit alot. He's got a 40% chance of beating it. The odds go way down IF someone can establish a solid motive. They don't have that.

But, guys got a young family, a stash of cash, and a lot of life left in him. He gets convicted, he may flip.

Originally Posted By: merlino
Wonder if any of the states witnesses will go on extended vacations or get amnesia when they are called to testify

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 11:47 AM

this case is flying by
Posted By: mike68

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 12:16 PM

I think the only thing stupider than the crime is the defense. My good lord, really? Why didn't they toss the gun?

Billy Angelesco killed Peter DeVito in a strip club up here in Boston in front of a hundred patrons while wearing a wig. He got off by ditching the gun and there was disagreement as to what color hair he had. But your own car? Game over.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip

Regardless of Nicodemos story, no matter how outlandish it is, no one YET can physically place HIM at the murder scene.

Except that the defense admitted he was at the murder scene. And of course you have the murder weapon found in his car.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 12:54 PM

Nope. Semantics friend. I am no lawyer, but they never said he was at the murder scene. They said he was in the same neighborhood where the murder was committed.

The same neighborhood his parents live, where he has a business. Establishes that he had a reason, other than murder, to be in that section of the neighborhood.

This is the point they are setting up to argue with. He was in the neighborhood on family/personal/professional business and he got carjacked.

Again, Outlandish. But, no one places Nicodemo at the murder. He's not the shooter, but an innocent citizen who got roped in.

You get a couple jurors with contempt for the law, or who know how the city works, they may believe it. He passed the powder tests and his prints weren't on the gun. It's in the passenger seat.

And the phone calls: "Dude, I just got carjacked. WTF??"

It is almost completely Unbelievable. But, someone on that jury may like him.
Originally Posted By: Ted

Regardless of Nicodemos story, no matter how outlandish it is, no one YET can physically place HIM at the murder scene.

Except that the defense admitted he was at the murder scene. And of course you have the murder weapon found in his car.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 01:12 PM

I think he gets convicted and then rats. That strategy will probably work for him as he was close with Merlino is his early years. He knows a lot of info. He could take down a lot of people from Merlino to Ligambi to other shooters. If he rats, that might be the end of Philly unlesss the Scarfo guys pull something together somehow.

I don't see it any other way. He has the dumbest defense in mob hit history and didn't try to plea or anything. He has a young family and I don't think he will do Life for this fading mob family.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 01:16 PM

Narducci is probably loving this lol.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 01:20 PM

it still makes no sense what he did...what do u guys think? they just happened to see Dipietro and decided fuck it lets kill him?
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 01:52 PM

Dom is getting NO sleep right now, I guarantee that.
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 02:15 PM

Must have gotten word from somewhere that DiPeitro was about to give the feds or state police something big that day and he went crazy.... Nicademo seems pretty stupid recall these wiretaps from a couple of years ago

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/17540259/mob-talk-anthony-nicodemo

My thoughts are that Nicademo is close with Ligambi/Merlino/ Staino not sure how close with Mazzone/ Chang/ Lance but Philly is a small town so everyone is at risk of being taken down no doubt.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 02:50 PM

Im sure defense has some witnesses that will explain the exact story that the defense is selling, because if you think about it maybe someone did see a man with a gun run up to a car waving a gun get in the car and drive away.....you only need one juror to believe it

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 03:24 PM

Nicodemo definitely sounds like a dipshit.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 04:21 PM

if he flips he cant tell in a state case who did the murder I think. there has to be 2 witnesses, no one else seen the masked mans face so he could say it was anyone. but hes slick that he didn't tell the police anything when he got arrested so technically he never lied to the police before he flips like hector pagan telling cops he never murder someone then changing his tune.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 04:46 PM

Nicodemo really must have been full of himself when he did this. I dont see why else he would have bene so sloppy. He actually not an idiot as far as smarts. That was hard for me to even type after hearing about his defense but he was one of the money makers in the area. He was involved in a little bit of everything. His uncle has been running some of his more legit businesses since he got put away.

Hes in CFCF to...no Federal shit waiting trial. that place is a zoo. I just dont see what his plan is here. Ive seen Dom around here and there. I wonder how he is sleeping. I wonder if his Dad has reached out to him and asked him to join him in Witness Protection or if his Uncle has given him any advice. I wonder if his dad is even alive...he wasn't old but never hear about him.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 05:08 PM

Why does everyone automatically assume Nicodemo is gonna rat? His young age? We have no idea what will happen. He very well might flip but I'd say there's just as good of a chance he won't. People said the same for Canalchio in the last Philly trial.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 05:15 PM

spmob I brought that up earlier about him ratting.That's where lately it seems like the juries have become disguisted with this style.Like I said I would venture to say that Nicodemo would be way more reputable than guys like Aponte and Monacello.Even so that's when Ligambi's lawyer jumps in to action and will shoot down every theory and will paint a picture of someone [Nicodemo] trying to save himself.I agree that this is the most absurd defense I have ever seen but the government had such a hard-on for Ligambi and Borgesi and even Mousie that the juries just may say ''let him walk''.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 05:24 PM

I just wanted to point out that I don't think he will rat but if he did that's where it gets hairy.I am not here to judge guilt or innocence but the one line that got me was how they explained Nicodemo was just having a ho=hum day and next thing you know he's involved in a murder.''A shaken Nicodemo drenched in sweat'' was now a random car-jack victim.That's beyond laughable.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 05:57 PM

Is a troll kind of like a creeper? a rat? or a pervert? or all 3? : )

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: paprincess
Is a troll kind of like a creeper? a rat? or a pervert? or all 3? : )

In the context of message boards, a troll is a poster whose only motivation is to provoke arguments and/or make nonsensical posts.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 06:05 PM

This sounds less like a hit and more like Gino owed someone lots of money or drugs since he was a drug dealer.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 06:26 PM

With the ratting end of it, you got Bosses and Capos singing these days, anything is possible today. I'm not saying he's a rat but look at over the years how many cases there were of this type of shit going on. It seems to be the norm today. It's crazy how that whole thing went from Loyalty to Toiletry in the last 30+ years.
Posted By: uptempo

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 07:10 PM

New article up at bigtrial.net

Anthony Nicodemo smiled and waved to family members and friends as he left the 11th floor courtroom this afternoon following a second day of testimony in his murder trial.

The burly, 42-year-old mobster, who is facing a potential life sentence, appeared calm and relaxed as he headed back to the prison cell he has occupied since his arrest minutes after Gino DiPietro was gunned down on a South Philadelphia street more than two years ago.

Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarallo could wrap up his case tomorrow. Court does not meet on Friday. That would set the stage for what might be the biggest decision in Nicodemo's life. Does he take the stand in his own defense?

A gag ordered imposed by Judge Jeffrey Minehart bars Zarallo and defense attorney Brian McMonagle from commenting about the proceedings. Several sources, however, say that McMonagle has not decided if he will put his client on the stand when the defense portion of the trial begins sometime next week.

The case against Nicodemo is entirely circumstantial but the evidence linking him to the crime is difficult to ignore or explain away. The key elements are these:

- Nicodemo's black Honda Pilot was spotted speeding away from the shooting scene seconds after a masked gunman jumped into the vehicle which was parked in an alleyway less than a block from where DiPietro was gunned down on the afternoon of Dec. 12, 2012.

- A .357 magnum, which has been identified as the murder weapon, was found in the Honda Pilot.

The District Attorney's Office has conceded that Nicodemo was not the shoote. Zarallo has implied that Dominic Grande, a close associate of Nicodemo's, is the suspected hitman. Grande, the son and nephew of Philadelphia mobsters jailed in the 1980s, has not been charged.

After a defense motion aimed at barring the introduction of the murder weapon as evidence failed, McMonagle offered an opening statement clearly designed to explain away the two key elements that tie his client to the crime.

He conceded that it was Nicodemo's Honda Pilot in which the gunman fled the murder scene. But he told the jury that his client was unaware of what had happened and was accosted by the unknown gunman who forced him to drive away. The gunman later jumped out of the car, but left the murder weapon behind.

Will Nicodemo get on the stand and tell the jury exactly what happened in his Honda Pilot that afternoon?

Will he expanded on the carjacking defense?

How will he respond to what are sure to be questions from Zarallo about why he never offered that explanation when police came to his home minutes after the shooting and placed him in custody?

What will he say when Zarallo asked him why he didn't report the carjacking to police?

Testimony today, largely from police, focused on the circumstances surrounding Nicodemo's arrest and on evidence gathered there and at the murder scene.

A witness at the murder scene got the license tag of the Honda Pilot as it sped away. Nicodemo's home was less than a five-minute ride from where DiPietro was killed. Police were knocking on his door less than 30 minutes after the shooting. They found the Honda Pilot, its engine still warm, parked behind the house. Later, after obtaining a search, they found the gun behind the driver's seat.

Police who went to Nicodemo's house testified that the front door was ajar but that at first he didn't respond to knocks on the door. Sgt. Andrew Callaghan testified that he hollered into the house, "Police. Anthony why don't you come out and make it easier on yourself?"

Seconds later, Callaghan said, Nicodemo appeared at the door and surrendered to police. He was handcuffed and placed in a squad car. The only thing he said, according to Callaghan, was that he had been working in his house and was waiting for his wife and children to get home.

Callaghan, a twenty-five year police veteran, said Nicodemo was "sweating profusely" and that when he patted him down he felt his heart pounding "like someone who had just run a marathon." He said when he and other officers later searched the home, with Nicodemo's permission, he expected to find exercise equipment, assuming Nicodemo had been working out.

But there was none.

Under cross-examination from McMonagle, Callaghan acknowledged that when Nicodemo first came out of the house, police had drawn their guns and were pointing them out him.

"People with guns pointed out the, tend to sweat, don't they?" McMonagle asked.

Callaghan said that was true, but repeated that Nicodemo seemed to be sweating in the extreme. None of the police officers or detectives questioned today were asked about a carjacking and there has been no indication that Nicodemo mentioned it to anyone when he was taken into custody.

How he explains that, if he takes the stand, could go a long way toward determining his future. Another concern in the defense camp, according to sources, is whether Nicodemo would be able to keep his temper in check under cross-examination.

"He's got a short fuse," said one source who knows him.

Should he opt to testify, Nicodemo could also open himself up to questions about past criminal problems. He has a prior gambling conviction tied to an alleged organized crime betting ring operating out of the high stakes poker room at the Borgota casino-hotel in Atlantic City. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to four months in that case. A New Jersey State Police affidavit that was part of that investigation identified him as a suspect in the 2003 murder of mobster John "Johnny gongs" Casasanto.

The Casasanto murder is one of three gangland homicides still under investigation by federal authorities. While organized crime has not been mentioned by any of the witnesses in the trial, Mark Pinero, a Philadelphia Police detective long assigned to the FBI's Organized Crime squad, has been in court each day monitoring the testimony. And today two members of the Police Department's Organized Crime Unit were also in and out of the courtroom.

Federal authorities have privately indicated that they hoped the leverage of the DiPietro murder charge might be enough to convince Nicodemo that his only recourse was to cooperate. Thus far, that hasn't happened. But the stakes continue to increase as the trial moves closer to jury deliberation.

"He's got a beautiful wife and two young children," said one source. "He may never get to be with them again. That's what his risking. And for what?"

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 07:46 PM

just can't understanding dropping off the shooter if you wasn't part of the murder and you leaving the gun in your car. the shooter should have took it when he left and got rid of. or the second nicodemo got home he should have cleaned it or wat ever hitmen do? it don't make sense here's my new theory. nicdemo went to sell some coke someone knew where he would be; kill this guy frame that guy. guy that is so connected couldn't be so dumb. he was into real estate. that takes a lil smarts...
Posted By: ThatsLife215

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
just can't understanding dropping off the shooter if you wasn't part of the murder and you leaving the gun in your car. the shooter should have took it when he left and got rid of. or the second nicodemo got home he should have cleaned it or wat ever hitmen do? it don't make sense here's my new theory. nicdemo went to sell some coke someone knew where he would be; kill this guy frame that guy. guy that is so connected couldn't be so dumb. he was into real estate. that takes a lil smarts...

Now you want to make him a drug dealer too... Thats just dumb

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac

I dunno, pmac. I respect your opinion. But that's kinda out there.

Maybe....just maybe....the guy's guilty wink.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 08:11 PM

I hear ya PB. But something is so off. Can you be that dumb?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 08:22 PM

He looked coked out of his head in the mugshot, him and Dom probably off there heads being wreckless.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
I hear ya PB. But something is so off. Can you be that dumb?

I'm seeing that question asked all over the place. Maybe he IS that dumb.

And again, I don't follow Philly and I don't know this guy from a hole in the wall. Maybe he's a criminal genius. Maybe he volunteers at Church on Sundays. But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes the truth is what's most obvious.

I think the guy is up to his neck in being connected to this, whether he pulled the trigger or not. But most of the evidence is circumstantial, so the fanboys have a 50-50 shot at rejoicing in a few days.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 09:08 PM

He definitely had something to do with it. 100 %. I'm just trying to understand why the spur of the moment thing. What triggered it? Own car where people in the neighborhood know you? 5 mins from hous? Murder weapon in car?

Soooo weird

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 09:20 PM

Soooo weird

Yeah, really bizarre.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 09:57 PM

I think no way in hell nicodemo flips whether he beats the charges or not.But, lets say he does beat the charges.Him and dom become major players in the philly underworld. Especially in merlino/mazzones eyes.the way i look at it, you have 2 people who have the balls to carry out a hit without permission. Then when everybody knows its them, they keep their mouth shut and beat the charges. I understand if this happened in places like chicago or NY, both of them would get whacke for doing an unsanctioned hit. But its philly, and like everybody is saying, both are/were close to merlino

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 10:16 PM

Honestly I cant see what the contention is about.

This guy is DONE.

You couldn't write a script with more circumstantial evidence.
He's also got two young kids. And people dont think he'll flip? In this day and age? For who, Ligambi? Merlino? This guys going to forsake his kids for LIFE for Joe Ligambi?

Not a chance.

Convicted. Then rolls.

This one doesnt take a genius to figure out how this plays out...
Posted By: ThatsLife215

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 10:16 PM

Who said it was unsanctioned? Remember the acting boss was on trial not the boss.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 10:30 PM

If I was uncle joe i would go enjoy boca raton with my kids and just prepare for the inevitable. A dude that has survived multiple trials, beat the feds, got a conviction overturned is finally going to fall because some dumbfuck decided to pull the dumbest hit in human history.

this is why the mob is dysfunctional. and why they cant have nice things.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 10:31 PM

S
Honestly I cant see what the contention is about.

This guy is DONE.

You couldn't write a script with more circumstantial evidence.
He's also got two young kids. And people dont think he'll flip? In this day and age? For who, Ligambi? Merlino? This guys going to forsake his kids for LIFE for Joe Ligambi?

Not a chance.

Convicted. Then rolls.

This one doesnt take a genius to figure out how this plays out...

Some guys are still cosa nostra till they die. Thats just the way they are. Not saying thats gonna happen, but its definitely a possibility.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

this is why the mob is dysfunctional. and why they cant have nice things.

haha I say this whenever my husband and I fight and something gets broken (thrown)...and THIS is why we can't have nice things!!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ThatsLife215
Who said it was unsanctioned? Remember the acting boss was on trial not the boss.

This was obviously an unsanctioned hit. No way in hell ligambi okayed it on trial. And if your implying merlino is boss, no way in hell he put a hit on dipetro to make it look like ligambi did it, or any other reason. I think nicodemo was furious that dipetro was talking about him on the other murder. I also think he beats the case, cause no witness can put him as the shooter and his dna wasnt on the gun

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
haha I say this whenever my husband and I fight and something gets broken (thrown)...and THIS is why we can't have nice things!!

Mr. and Mrs. Carmela

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2J0sMeYFHI

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/14/14 11:35 PM

Yeah I hear you guys that if they [he] beats these charges they are going to have that feeling of invincibility.Broad daylight,nobody is talking,I guess it would be listed as ''Taking Care of Business''

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 12:47 AM

This was obviously an unsanctioned hit. No way in hell ligambi okayed it on trial. And if your implying merlino is boss, no way in hell he put a hit on dipetro to make it look like ligambi did it, or any other reason. I think nicodemo was furious that dipetro was talking about him on the other murder. I also think he beats the case, cause no witness can put him as the shooter and his dna wasnt on the gun

I don't know what the motive was but it's a little coincidental that the first time Merlino is in town in 12 years for his father Chuckies funeral and a month later nicodemo who was at the funeral with Joe and Stevie and Johnny Chang, whacks a guy that sounds like a sanctioned hit to me

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyL

I don't know what the motive was but it's a little coincidental that the first time Merlino is in town in 12 years for his father Chuckies funeral and a month later nicodemo who was at the funeral with Joe and Stevie and Johnny Chang, whacks a guy that sounds like a sanctioned hit to me

Merlino el ratoncito is not el jefe at all. lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 02:36 AM

I don't speak Spanish but I'm assuming your saying Merlino ain't boss and hey you could be right but it's his guys running things so boss or not he still had a lot of influence but me personally I believe he is still the boss while his guys run the day to day shit
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 05:20 AM

That's what a pretty stupid move. These day and age with all the technology and surveillance tools you would think these guys would learn that hits had to be carry on with extreme caution.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:35 AM

If Casey Anthony and OJ got off then there is always a chance..

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:45 AM

spmob I brought that up earlier about him ratting.That's where lately it seems like the juries have become disguisted with this style.Like I said I would venture to say that Nicodemo would be way more reputable than guys like Aponte and Monacello.Even so that's when Ligambi's lawyer jumps in to action and will shoot down every theory and will paint a picture of someone [Nicodemo] trying to save himself.I agree that this is the most absurd defense I have ever seen but the government had such a hard-on for Ligambi and Borgesi and even Mousie that the juries just may say ''let him walk''.

Hey 22, how ya been? I agree that juries have become disgusted with guys like Aponte. But Nicodemo has been around for a while and has the goods on basically everyone (Except Scarfo guys I assume). The government has a hard on for Merlino and after they wasted all that money on Ligambi I think they would love to get a 2 for 1. Hes the key to solving a bunch of murders among other things. This isn't the same crime family that it was 30 years ago where guys like Punge and Joe Grande, whose families where in it before them, thought there was something to not ratting. Thought there might be something to come home to. But Nicodemo has a nice young family and he could literally take down the Philly family...for the most part. I think the Government would be more than willing to work with him, even after convicted. I don't know Nicodemo but I know people who know him and My pop knows his Uncle. Hes not as Dumb as this case makes him look. Maybe he just has no other story to tell. Maybe we should blame his lawyer for telling such a dumb ass story. Or maybe he was just giving it one shot cause he doesn't really want to rat and knows he may just have to if he gets found guilty. I don't know what is going to happen but I still think he rats if found guilty. There is nothing to come back to with this Philly Mob Family. Who is gonna care if he rats? There are guys who ratted on other guys walking around the city right now. Not Mob guys but street guys. Thats just my thought....HIm and his family go away and never come back if found guilty. And I am not saying I approve of ratting but you never know what you are going to do until you are in that situation. So the guyss looking in calling him a Pu$$y and other stuff have probably never been in county for 24 hours.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: moneyman

Anything is possible. But just as a casual observer, it's not looking too good for him.

The evidence seems circumstantial, but that's the most overused and misunderstood word in the legal dictionary. Because the truth is, people get convicted on circumstantial evidence every day.

Last night I posted that he has a 50/50 chance. But after reading a bit more about the case, I'd say it's more like 70/30 against him.

Juries are unpredictable, though. Time will tell. And we'll know soon enough because this isn't one of those super long mob trials. It's more like a garden variety homicide trial. It'll be over very quickly.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:51 AM

Anyone know if the jury is sequestered for this case of not?
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 11:17 AM

I hope they are. So there's none of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2k2VHLTTk whistle

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 11:50 AM

The way it is philly in certain neighborhoods with regards to the police force some of this stuff may fly from teh defense, I am sure teh jury is aware of teh 4 philly narcotics cops who just got off for tainting evidence, so I am sure the makeup of the jury and their views on Philly cops is going to weigh heavily on the outcome as well

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave

I hope they are. So there's none of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2k2VHLTTk whistle

great comparison and could see that going on

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 03:30 PM

Hey spmob that was well put,I'm hanging in there,thanks for asking.I agree with you that if it ever got to the point where Nicodemo had to talk that he has a pretty good reputation as a stand-up guy and somebody in the know.Would seem very believeable.But like I said Ligambi's lawyer is tough and I do think that would be a pretty good match if it got that far.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 03:56 PM

Pizzaboy like you said that it will be over quickly,in those RICO cases that took forever,and the jury deliberation was even longer.Some of those guys were facing like 5-10 years tops.This will be over like you said real fast but yet people's lives are at stake.Also great point about circumstanctial evidence,naturally nobody was there to see him pull the trigger.If that's the case you might as well let everyone in prison charged with murder out.I mean don't they say you need a body,the murder weapon,and a motive.A guy with mob ties[DiPietro] gets whacked in a neighborhood and it just so happens the other guy[Nicodemo] alsoo has mob ties and the murder weapon ends up in his possession.What else can you think.That doesn't sound like a coincidence

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 04:04 PM

Pizzaboy like you said that it will be over quickly,in those RICO cases that took forever,and the jury deliberation was even longer.Some of those guys were facing like 5-10 years tops.This will be over like you said real fast but yet people's lives are at stake.Also great point about circumstanctial evidence,naturally nobody was there to see him pull the trigger.If that's the case you might as well let everyone in prison charged with murder out.I mean don't they say you need a body,the murder weapon,and a motive.A guy with mob ties[DiPietro] gets whacked in a neighborhood and it just so happens the other guy[Nicodemo] alsoo has mob ties and the murder weapon ends up in his possession.What else can you think.That doesn't sound like a coincidence

All valid points, 22 smile .

Like I said, people get convicted based on circumstantial evidence every day. Sometimes on less.

No great debate. We'll get a verdict in a few days. Time will tell.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 04:07 PM

Is Nicky Scarfo in the Law and Order opening titles?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 08:33 PM

Jury shown video evidence in DiPietro murder trial

Joseph A. Slobodzian, Inquirer Staff Writer

The Dec. 12, 2012, slaying of Gino DiPietro was seen by no one but the masked gunman who emptied a .357 Magnum revolver into DiPietro on narrow Iseminger Street in South Philadelphia.

On Thursday, however, a Philadelphia jury hearing the trial of alleged killer Anthony Nicodemo got a tantalizingly close look via multiple security cameras showing the hours up to the killing and the minutes after.

"Boom!" echoes the first shot, at 2:53 p.m., on the audio from a video camera at a house around the corner in the 1200 block of Johnston Street. A mail carrier working in the rear of his van stands erect, turns, and heads toward the shot, his van still open.

There's a second or two of quiet and then: "Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom."

Passersby stop and then run to where DiPietro, 50, lay dying.

A camera in the rear of the same Johnston Street house catches a figure in black - masked and gloved - run down an alley toward nearby Camac Street.

As startling as the loud shots were to hear - they drove DiPietro's mother from the courtroom weeping - Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarallo spent much more time on video from before and after the killing.

Zarallo alleges that those video cuts show Nicodemo's 2011 black Honda Pilot pass the Johnston Street house six times before the shooting.

Narrated by Homicide Detective Thorsten Lucke, the video shows a man who appears to be Nicodemo get into the SUV behind his house in the 3200 block of South 17th Street. The Pilot pulls away at 12:17 p.m.

At 12:28 p.m., a black Honda Pilot cruises by the Johnston Street camera. The drive-by is repeated five more times before a last pass at 1:16 p.m., 97 minutes before the killing.

On the first day of testimony, Wednesday, a pedestrian on Camac Street testified that he saw a masked figure in black exit an alleyway and jump into a black Honda Pilot moments after the shots. That man noted the license plate - HTK1942 - and told police at the scene.

Police identified the plate as Nicodemo's and got to his house within 10 minutes of the shooting. Nicodemo, sweating profusely, was arrested. Police found a revolver wrapped in a jacket behind the driver's seat and tests showed it was the firearm that killed DiPietro.

Defense attorney Brian J. McMonagle has argued the gun was planted in the SUV by a masked gunman who jumped in Nicodemo's car, dropped the weapon and fled.

Questioned by McMonagle, Detective Lucke acknowledged that no video shows the license plate of the cruising black SUV, and that there was no evidence that proves the same vehicle drove by six times.

Among the spectators Thursday was Assistant U.S. Attorney John S. Han, a prosecutor on the federal racketeering trial of reputed Philadelphia mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi. Ligambi's second trial ended in a hung jury in January and he will not retried.

Authorities have alleged that Nicodemo is a mob soldier and that DiPietro's killing happened during Ligambi's first trial.

Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart, however, has ruled that organized crime may not be mentioned in Nicodemo's trial without evidence that the killing was mob-related.

Zarallo and McMonagle could not comment because of a gag order.

Han, who consulted with Zarallo several times on Thursday, said he was only "watching the trial."

Because of a scheduling conflict, testimony will not resume until Monday.

Read more at-
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140516_Jury_shown_video_evidence_in_DiPietro_murder_trial.html

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 08:49 PM

This is why you can't discount so-called circumstantial evidence. I don't drive by my own house six times a day lol .

But there's no license plate in the video, blah blah blah. But it could be six different SUVs, blah blah blah.

I have no interest in this, and I don't give a shit what happens. But this guy is toast.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 09:07 PM

I recognized that USDA name han he was the guy who lost 2 of 3 Jr gotti trials than got called on the stand. glottis lawyer asked him who sonny fransese was and he couldn't recall and jrs lawyer pounced on him cause in prior trials he name sonny green lighting a hit on gotti. guess he got sent out the big city.
nicodemo gonna flip I'm bout 80 percent after the guilty verdict. probably got some were deal made already. horse n poney show. probably spilled the beans all ready. but it will take one more soldier from philly to cooberate all the shit. where's are poster who was a brother of a guy. he gonna be guilty cause of joint venture laws. or maybe he takes life and laugh at the judge. never know. just my guess.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 09:09 PM

Nicodemo guilty but I doubt he flips

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 09:09 PM

^^^^
Good post, pmac smile.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:03 PM

I don't drive by my own house six times a day

I used to cruise around like that when I first got my driver's license at 17. Just to let the neighborhood girls know I had a car and a license. It worked with some of them, anyway. lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:11 PM

I used to cruise around like that when I first got my driver's license at 17. Just to let the neighborhood girls know I had a car and a license. It worked with some of them, anyway. lol

Different story lol.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:16 PM

T But this guy is toast.
Is he toast or doing the toasting is the question?
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:25 PM

u can add george zimmerman to that list

casey anthony is probably the worse of those three

but to stay on topic, the nicodemo cat is going to prison or witsec

he'd be a total asshole if he rats because he killed somebody in broad daylight

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:32 PM

A couple of things to me that have stood out in this trial are when this first happened and they said there was a couple of witness's[the mailman and somebody else],I said when they find out who these guys are they will never go through with this.Like in the movies the cops will say what did you see and the witness changes his tune and says ''nothing''.Seems like that fear is no longer there almost the same way when everybody talks about why doesn't the mob go after ''rats'' anymore,its like a lot of them live right out in the open.The other thing is there are so many camera's out there today that you can track somebody's movements without physically being there.You may think you have the perfect plan but you don't account for houses and almost every business having video survailance.Traffic lights,their everywhere so it makes it tougher for the guys committing the crimes.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:44 PM

^^^^^

don't need video survailance when u shoot somebody around the corner from your house

especially a known mafia member driving his wife's car in broad daylight

he's lucky that he's still alive

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/15/14 10:57 PM

Casey anthony and OJ were up against less then him tho...

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 04:35 AM

[quote=ThatsLife215]I also think he beats the case, cause no witness can put him as the shooter and his dna wasnt on the gun

Neither matters if the prosecution can convince the jury he was the getaway driver.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 07:20 AM

Interesting the federal prosecutor, Han, is looking in and talking with the state attorney, Han looks like he is going to make a huge name for himslef in the next few months to a year and with a niccodemo conviction get him to flip and then convict Ligambi to Merlino and everyone in between on federal murder charges and turn the lights out on Philly for good

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

casey anthony is probably the worse of those three

but to stay on topic, the nicodemo cat is going to prison or witsec

he'd be a total asshole if he rats because he killed somebody in broad daylight

U can add cookcounty on to the list that doesn't understand shit about any of these above listed cases, their merits or the legal standards.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 09:37 AM

He is going down, no doubt.
Btw, Zimmerman is not even in the same category as oj or tracy anthony.
Zimmerman just got " super hero" syndrome.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 09:41 AM

Ya George Zimmerman doesnt have anything to do with the other cases guy got into a fight, terrible analogy, and this is the niccodemo post

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 09:43 AM

Except that there was relatively no evidence in the Zimmerman case in comparison to O.J. and Casey Anthony. And if not for the media circus, they never even would have gotten an indictment.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 09:50 AM

cheech is this was planned then it shows how stupid Nicodemo is. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking honestly.

And I agree on him flipping if found guilty. He has a hot wife with 2 kids because once this trial is over he will be behind bars for a LONG time. No way he gets out of this case with that defense even with him not testing positive for residue and prints. Since he didn't call the cops nobody will believe he was carjacked.

If he has dirt on Merlino and Ligambi he is very valuable to the government. I don't know this guys past as I hardly know shit about Philly, but if he can bring those two down I guarantee you the government would give him a good deal.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 10:39 AM

Nicodemo got lucky in the Borgata case and avoided prison in jersey I beleive, but to go from gambling and loansharking to a murder wide out in the open and drive the get away car and be on tape driving by the house 6 times is nutz the guy had to be coked up and out of his mind for both of them to even think that this plan would work, but all it takes is one juror...when he is convicted he will be talking to AUSA Han on the way back to the county lockup

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 10:45 AM

but all it takes is one juror.

That's what they said with Gotti. And Scarfo. And Pitera. And Basciano. And Prisco. And Ida. And Stanfa. And Little Allie Boy. And every other guy doing life on Cell Block D, both in and out of the life.

This kid's done.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:21 AM

Enlighten me as to why it's such a guarantee he flips?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:26 AM

everyone said canalichio would flip...im not guessing either way.
99% sure he will be found guilty.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:42 AM

Hey Cheech...your right about Canalichio but I think that was more so based off rumors. But people did run with it. I thought the kid would probably do his time as he wasnt looking a state murder charge like Nicodemo is. And with all the evidence they have, circumstantial or not, hes done. I usually don't make predictions but I have a feeling he will flip if found guilty. I wonder how Dom Grande has been sleeping for the past 2 years. And if he gets caught up in this...does he flip like his Dad? Or Stand talll like his Uncle and his Grandpop Coo Coo?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:42 AM

He got 11-12 years. This dude is looking at real long time.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Enlighten me as to why it's such a guarantee he flips?
Maybe for that piece of ass he's got at home?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:51 AM

Isnt't Canalichio wrapped up in one of the unsolved murders as well as nicodemo, wonder if he is watching this trial closely as well and going too maneuver to get his in before he is charged with a federal murder

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:55 AM

but all it takes is one juror.

That's what they said with Gotti. And Scarfo. And Pitera. And Basciano. And Prisco. And Ida. And Stanfa. And Little Allie Boy. And every other guy doing life on Cell Block D, both in and out of the life.

This kid's done.

To me reading the paper I agree with you that he is done, but being inside the courtroom and not hearing the defense witnesss and their case at all it could sway a juror, but looking at the whole thing objectively from teh press and what has been released, definitely nicodemo was driving the getaway car when the murder took place and he is guilty in my eyes

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 12:00 PM

Isnt't Canalichio wrapped up in one of the unsolved murders as well as nicodemo, wonder if he is watching this trial closely as well and going too maneuver to get his in before he is charged with a federal murder

Yea you are correct. The Gongs hit.
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 12:15 PM

Agree with the majority here that this is the most ridiculous defense I've heard in years. But God forbid it somehow pleases the jury and he walks, what becomes of Nicodemo? Is he rewarded for killing an informant? Is he shelved for the same reason, especially considering it took place in the middle of the Ligambi trial? Hell, he may even be killed over this? I know he's a big earner, so maybe that will trump everything. Should be interesting.

Also,I've read a few people here mention that this trial will prob be over next week? Seems fast, no?
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 12:20 PM

I don't think he'll rat. His wife is too hot for him to rat. Besides, he literally killed this guy in cold blood during the day. He clearly doesn't give a fuck and can live with the fear and respect he has gained now in prison and outside.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 12:47 PM

i know what he got and maybe you werent on the site 2 years ago when he got found guilty but there was a slew of posters who guaranteed he'd flip

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
Hey Cheech...your right about Canalichio but I think that was more so based off rumors. But people did run with it. I thought the kid would probably do his time as he wasnt looking a state murder charge like Nicodemo is. And with all the evidence they have, circumstantial or not, hes done. I usually don't make predictions but I have a feeling he will flip if found guilty. I wonder how Dom Grande has been sleeping for the past 2 years. And if he gets caught up in this...does he flip like his Dad? Or Stand talll like his Uncle and his Grandpop Coo Coo?

i agree sp, will be anxious to see what the outcome is.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
I don't think he'll rat. His wife is too hot for him to rat. Besides, he literally killed this guy in cold blood during the day. He clearly doesn't give a fuck and can live with the fear and respect he has gained now in prison and outside.

Nicodemo didn't kill him.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Nicodemo didn't kill him.

I think he has 7 charges on him and even though he didnt pull the trigger the jury could get him on the consiparcy charges or should but who knows with a jury? I could see the defense asking the lead detective: "Did my client kill Mr.Pietro?" Detective: "No"...but.... "No further questions."

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 01:17 PM

I think he has 7 charges on him and even though he didnt pull the trigger the jury could get him on the consiparcy charges or should but who knows with a jury? I could see the defense asking the lead detective: "Did my client kill Mr.Pietro?" Detective: "No"...but.... "No further questions."

Look at the statute, Merlino. He's guilty of felony murder just for being in the car. That's how it works in New York, anyway smile.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 01:17 PM

I wasn't on the forum. I don't know either of these dudes so I can't predict any reaction; flip or not.

I also think you can't compare the two. One guy is doing 12 years. The other guy is facing 2nd degree murder and could get life.

Big difference.

i know what he got and maybe you werent on the site 2 years ago when he got found guilty but there was a slew of posters who guaranteed he'd flip

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 01:20 PM

The other guy is facing 2nd degree murder and could get life.

If he's convicted, and again, that's IF, and he refuses to, uhm, help himself, I'll be more than shocked if the judge doesn't give him the full ride.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 02:06 PM

If he's convicted, and again, that's IF, and he refuses to, uhm, help himself, I'll be more than shocked if the judge doesn't give him the full ride.

Would love to hear after the trial from a dtetctive or FBI agent that has access to this case to hear the entire story of things that were not allowed into this state trial. it seems pretty cut and dry that obvioulsy this happened the way the state says it did but has there been any mention of motive at all?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 02:46 PM

I wasn't on the forum. I don't know either of these dudes so I can't predict any reaction; flip or not.

I also think you can't compare the two. One guy is doing 12 years. The other guy is facing 2nd degree murder and could get life.

Big difference.

tell me that when youre facing 10-11

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 02:50 PM

I don't think he'll rat. His wife is too hot for him to rat.

That makes zero sense.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 02:55 PM

That's a slap on the wrist and no it's not a real long time.

Joe "the rat" Merlino cut a deal and he got a slap on the wrist of 14 years.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Not this crap again. rolleyes

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 03:10 PM

^^^^^ I guess he can't help himself with that one, he loves to bring that up. lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 03:16 PM

This isn't about me. And I wasn't saying anything that Canalichios sentence was easy. And I never said I would be willing to do any stretch in jail. But, 11 years, with the likelihood of doing 8-9, versus Life, 20-30 if he's lucky; apples and bowling balls.

You know this dude. It's unpredictible what he's going to do. I got no business offering an opinion either. I am just trying to rationalize why he COULD flip, based on sentencing alone. That's the only close factual, Non-emotional-based way of guessing at the outcome.

It's easy to get on here and say, "he's got 2 young kids", "million dollars in legit business", "hot wife" etc., but fact is, NONE of that shit mattered to him IF/WHEN he made the conscious decision to participate in a fucking murder. Or, when he made the decision to engage in criminal activities.

Before I was a family man, I didn't give a fuck; period. Now, I gotta be home every day. But, I got friends that still don't give a fuck, families or not. Just who you are.

tell me that when youre facing 10-11

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 03:19 PM

we actually agree

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 03:19 PM

see how easy that was smile

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 03:21 PM

Cause we ain't fucked up.

we actually agree
Posted By: SC

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Not this crap again. rolleyes

He just likes to be contrary. ohwell

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 05:53 PM

A lot has been said that you really can't place Nicodemo at the scene because no one saw him pull the trigger or inter-act with Grande and the defense is going to say its all circumstantional.The only time I can recall where law enforcement could get about as close as you can was back in Aug. of 1982 when Teddy Pedulla shot Salvie Testa while he was sitting there eating clams.There just so happen to be a cop a couple of cars behind Pedulla and the driver Victor DeLuca[Riccobene's men].A high-speed chase followed until DeLuca crashed the car.Usually they have a ''blocker''to intercept the law but these guys never had a chance.The odds of that happening again are very slim,I think the jury should be able to figure it out and realize who did what.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 06:38 PM

Victor DeLuca[Riccobene's men]

Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:08 PM

Dom Grande is probably shittin his pants.. He's only like 30. If he gets charged I would think he would flip before Nicodemo. If Nicodemo gets found guilty and flips then Doms screwed anyway. I would like to know how theyre so sure it was actually Grande that pulled the trigger. I remember they took him in for questioning. Now if I was Mazzone or Merlino or whoever ordered the hit, I would be getting rid of Grande fast. His dad snitched a bunch of people out and that alone would make me not want him part of my crew.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/16/14 11:14 PM

And as far as Canalicho and Nicodemo, they been soldiers making money and doing dirty work for the higher ups for 20 years. They both probably committed murders before on behalf of Merlino. Neither one of them is boss material so if I was them I wouldnt have any high hopes of moving up too far in the family... I just wonder why anyone would want to risk there life all the time just to send Merlino or whoever an envelope.
Posted By: HandsomeHarry

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 12:46 AM

Hey, you really never know what's going to happen. This whole story is mind-blowing and I'm honestly in disbelief. Who leaves the pole in the car? Uses their own vehicle? You honestly never know.. This story may be true.
Posted By: Jose

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 07:06 PM

Go by this street and area all the time .. These streets are very narrow - never knew they had cameras so I guess we're all being watched - haha. I've mentioned this before and for all you non philly members - isiminger is next to a park and in a neighborhood, also a par 5 away from phillies ballpark , Just like everyone I'm shocked of the details..
I have no opinion either way but during broad daylight , obviously trying to prove a point or make a statement

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Jose
Go by this street and area all the time .. These streets are very narrow - never knew they had cameras so I guess we're all being watched - haha. I've mentioned this before and for all you non philly members - isiminger is next to a park and in a neighborhood, also a par 5 away from phillies ballpark , Just like everyone I'm shocked of the details..
I have no opinion either way but during broad daylight , obviously trying to prove a point or make a statement

A statement that he's retarded?
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Victor DeLuca[Riccobene's men]

Since we all know that Harry Riccobene is Santa Claus, this one must be one of his elves. Next Christmas I think I will update the previous picture smile
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 10:14 PM

Is this a joke?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 10:35 PM

Agreed

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 10:41 PM

What with the Merlino was a Rat thing? Hes a lot of things but not sure how you can call him a rat Corn ball...

I think Dob is 34...just an FYI

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/17/14 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
What with the Merlino was a Rat thing? Hes a lot of things but not sure how you can call him a rat Corn ball...

I think Dob is 34...just an FYI

Yeah that guys has no idea what he's talking about Merlino is most definitely not a rat.
And yeah Dom Grande is 34
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/18/14 02:01 AM

Anyone still close to scarfo sr? Or was he outed for his bloodlust?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/18/14 08:10 PM

Supposively some of the older guys are still loyal to Scarfo. But its not like hes getting any envelopes from them. Hes just and old ex mob boss about to die in prison. And his son Nicky Jr is gonna end up in the same place just like his old man.
Posted By: marine

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/18/14 11:38 PM

hey the guy was scared, and he has no experience in any military what so ever.. Any urban war fare training, mountain or jungle ware fare training.. let alone do any push ups. he just looks real mean to people.. but his cell mates might b doing push ups on his a@@, anyone think.? Does anyone think a sore rear end will make him a flipper.?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/19/14 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: marine
hey the guy was scared, and he has no experience in any military what so ever.. Any urban war fare training, mountain or jungle ware fare training.. let alone do any push ups. he just looks real mean to people.. but his cell mates might b doing push ups on his a@@, anyone think.? Does anyone think a sore rear end will make him a flipper.?

Not sure there is a lot of training needed to throw a gun down a sewer or leave it at the scene maybe get a different car...i think the bigger issue is lack of common sense

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/19/14 05:07 PM

his wife being fine is a reason to flip

but he didn't gain any stripes, everybody thinks he's a fucking idiot

the philly mob is scared he'll flip and the dominoes will start rolling

he didn't gain any respect from that crank smoking shit
Posted By: marine

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/19/14 11:50 PM

you are right my man.. just baad thinkin. I was being a littly goofy, many mob guys gotten away with many murders for many years without leaving a trace.. But nickedmo was gonna kill someone mid day? so you have to have PPP Proper Prior Planning.. {i mean u might not wanna get caught, Ant.] Now if you want to hit him that bad, then do a 4Am bomb job on the car or sumthin.. snipe him from a roof with a suppressor... Maybe his own dam roof he lived a block away I believe someone said.. Dude was a total clumsy fake... Cop said he look like he ran 5 miles and his heart was pumpin out of his chest..

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 04:22 AM

Prosecutors in the murder trial of Anthony Nicodemo, who is accused gunning down Gino DiPietro on a South Philadelphia street in 2012, rested Monday after presenting forensic evidence that they say links the reputed mob soldier to the brazen daylight killing.

The first expert called by Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarello was Philadelphia police forensic scientist Lissette Vega.

Vega said Nicodemo's DNA was found on a soda bottle inside his 2011 black Honda Pilot, which was used by DiPietro's assailants in a drive-by shooting on South Iseminger Street about 2:55 p.m. Dec. 12, 2012.

A police fingerprint specialist, Scott Copeland, said fingerprints from a soda bottle and the Honda's center console matched Nicodemo's. Both pieces of evidence place the 42-year-old defendant inside the murder vehicle.

Last week, Zarello told jurors that evidence would show that DiPietro, 50, was gunned down by an accomplice who was still at large. Nicodemo's job, Zarello said, had been to help the gunman escape and get rid of the murder weapon.
Zarello had said the evidence would be sufficient to convict Nicodemo of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.

Jurors last week saw video from security cameras showing a 2011 black Honda Pilot casing the area where DiPietro was killed in the hours before the killing and the moments afterward.

On Monday, Police Officer Robert Stott, a firearms specialist, testified that bullet specimens recovered from DiPietro's body were from a .357 Magnum found wrapped in clothing and stashed in the back of the driver's seat.

DiPietro, a convicted drug dealer, was shot to death Dec. 12, 2012, as he stood next to his gold Mazda pickup trick, parked near his home.

A postal worker testified last week that he saw a masked man standing over a man's body near a gold pickup truck and firing gunshots into him.

Nicodemo's lawyers are expected to begin presenting their defense Tuesday.

In his opening last week, defense attorney Brian J. McMonagle said Nicodemo had nothing to do with the shooting: The defendant was carjacked by a masked man who, unbeknownst to him, stashed the revolver in the SUV, then jumped out and ran.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/...RuOhKe3vhSRT.99

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 06:48 AM

This coverage sucks,I eventually thought they were off Monday,when I saw nothing in the paper,big trial.net,there were no comments so this just caught me off guard.Why no coverage,a mob murder trial,very strange.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
The first expert called by Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarello was Philadelphia police forensic scientist Lissette Vega.
Vega said Nicodemo's DNA was found on a soda bottle inside his 2011 black Honda Pilot....

A police fingerprint specialist, Scott Copeland, said fingerprints from a soda bottle and the Honda's center console matched Nicodemo's. Both pieces of evidence place the 42-year-old defendant inside the murder vehicle.

So they needed 2 specialists to confirm that Nicodemo was, once in his own car at some stage.

Maybe the prosecutions jealous the defense were getting all the laughs.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 01:54 PM

The murder trial of reputed mob soldier Anthony Nicodemo ended in a mistrial Tuesday after two jurors were dismissed for undisclosed reasons.

Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart spent the morning in chambers with prosecution and defense lawyers - and several detectives - before bringing the remaining jurors into court at 11:40 a.m.

"As you can see, we're now down to 11 jurors and so we cannot proceed," the judge said. The 11 jurors were then dismissed and Minehart ordered everyone in the packed courtroom to remain until further notice.

Court rules allow a criminal jury to continue with 11 jurors but only with the agreement of both sides.

Assistant District Attorney Brian J. Zarallo and defense attorney Brian J. McMonagle said they could not comment on the reason the jurors were disqualified: whether they had been approached by someone outside of court or had violated Minehart's instructions by reading media accounts of the trial.

"There are questions that still need to be answered but I can't comment further," said Minehart, responding to a reporter's questions by telephone through a courtroom aide.

One person familiar with the inquiry said at least one of the jurors would be questioned by police detectives to determine what happened.

Testimony began last Tuesday before a jury of seven women and five men, with one female and one male alternates. By the second day, the female alternate replaced the third juror, a woman, who reportedly had read media coverage of the trial.

The trial proceeded through Monday, when the prosecution ended its case. The defense was to begin Tuesday morning but it quickly became obvious a serious problem had developed.

When the remaining jurors were brought back into court two were missing: the last remaining alternate and a male juror.

Security was heavy: nine deputies flanked both side walls of the courtroom. After the jurors left, everyone remained in place for 30 minutes.

Nicodemo, 42, remained at the defense table with McMonagle and cocounsel Frank C. DePasquale Jr. while Zarallo sat by himself at the prosecution table and about 75 spectators sat in the gallery.

DiPietro, 50, was gunned down shortly before 3 p.m. on Dec. 12, 2012 as he stood by his pickup truck in the 2800 block of South Iseminger Street in South Philadelphia.

A letter carrier described seeing a man in black, wearing mask and gloves, firing into DiPietro's prone body.

A second witness, a pedestrian testified that he was walking along Camac Street when he saw a masked man in black run by him and jump into a black 2011 Honda Pilot SUV. The witness testified that he memorized the license plate number HTK1942 and reported the information to police arriving at the scene.

Within minutes, police identified the car as Nicodemo's and were at his house in the 3200 block of South 17th Street banging on the door.

Nicodemo was he taken into custody. A search of his SUV turned up a .357-magnum revolver wrapped in clothing in the back of the driver's seat. Ballistics tests showed the revolver fired the shots that killed DiPietro.

In his opening to the jury last Tuesday, McMonagle said that Nicodemo was driving home when he became the victim of an aborted carjacking. He said a masked gunman jumped into the SUV, apparently stashed the gun behind the driver's seat and then jumped out of the car and fled on foot.

Despite Nicodemo's alleged ties to organized crime, Minehart barred the mob from being mentioned during the trial because there was no evidence that DiPietro's murder was linked to the mob.

Read more at ↓http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... kzs3wTC.99

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 02:01 PM

Jeezus.

Did not see this coming. Doubt its from Tampering, would guess reading media coverage but who knows?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 02:03 PM

Maybe nicodemo and co. Tried to get to juror, guys on trial for his life so i wouldnt put it past him. Dont they usually have a couple of alternates just for this type of situation?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 02:25 PM

Maybe nicodemo and co. Tried to get to juror, guys on trial for his life so i wouldnt put it past him. Dont they usually have a couple of alternates just for this type of situation?

That is what I was thinking I thought they went to trial with like 15 or so?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 02:35 PM

Maybe they caught a juror red-handed. If that's the case, they'd have to declare a mistrial because the entire jury pool is vulnerable.

Either way, it doubt it will make a difference.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 02:52 PM

Next jury will be sequesterd for the length of the trial if one of the jurors was paid off or something. Or maybe one of teh jurors was on GA's site or on here
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 04:51 PM

Action News has learned that a mistrial has been declared in the murder trial of reputed mob hit man Anthony Nicodemo.

In a statement issued Tuesday afternoon, the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office said the mistrial was declared due to "issues involving a juror."

No further details were released.

A status listing to determine a new trial date is scheduled for July, the DA's office said, and noted the gag order in this case remains in effect.

Nicodemo was on trial for the killing of Gino DiPietro, 50, back in 2012 in South Philadelphia.

Witnesses said DiPietro was gunned down by someone driving a black SUV.

That SUV was traced back to Nicodemo, police said.

DiPietro's family members told Action News at the time of the killing that DiPietro had no mob ties and never associated with Nicodemo or anyone else in the mob.

Defense attorney Brian McMonagle said his client had nothing to do with the killing. He said DiPietro was the victim of a botched carjacking.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 04:56 PM

Merlino,

Great avatar! Very patriotic and appropriate considering it's almost Memorial day.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 06:39 PM

Delaying the inevitable...

Can't blame Nicodemo or anyone he has the goods on for attempting to tamper, but this may be the nail in the coffin. Watch him decide to cooperate before another retrial.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:20 PM

When it comes to Philadelphia these trials are a joke,maybe that's why they were so brazen about how they went about committing the crime,knowing that something will get screwed up.If these jurors were not sequestered that right there was mistake no. 1.Who knows what happens now,what happens if the witness's change their mind,it only seems like this could hurt the prosecution more so than the defense.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:30 PM

When it comes to Philadelphia these trials are a joke,maybe that's why they were so brazen about how they went about committing the crime,knowing that something will get screwed up.If these jurors were not sequestered that right there was mistake no. 1.Who knows what happens now,what happens if the witness's change their mind,it only seems like this could hurt the prosecution more so than the defense.

I respectfully disagree, 22.

While I always make it a point to point out that I'm not from Philly and not familiar with the players, I think I do know a little something about the court system, even though they very from state to state.

The defense was clearly losing this one, and being that the mistrial was called BEFORE any lengthy deliberations, leads me to believe that they were able to get to a single juror. Next time they'll be sequestered, and that'll be all she wrote.

And you can also look for additional charges of jury tampering. Because if tampering turns out to be the reason for the mistrial, the bagman is obviously as inept as the rest of that crew. Because they ALREADY know about it.

Just my two cents.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:37 PM

Do we know for sure it was tampering? The jury wasn't sequestered? In a Philly mob murder trial?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:37 PM

Do we know for sure it was tampering?

I don't think so.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:39 PM

Philly is crazy

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:43 PM

Do we know for sure it was tampering? The jury wasn't sequestered? In a Philly mob murder trial?

I'm not sure. But I thought the defense went out of their way to make sure the jurors were told it wasn't a mob trial.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:47 PM

Yeah the defense barred the prosecution from mentioning the defendents alleged(lol) ties to organize crime because the prosecution couldnt prove the murder had anything to do with the mob.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:56 PM

This is a real defeat for the Philly mob in general. No mention of mob ties in this trial, however, if it turns out to be tampering then this thing grows legs. Much like the upcoming Galati trial. They'll flip enough little guys to make both trials more interesting.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:57 PM

I'm not sure. But I thought the defense went out of their way to make sure the jurors were told it wasn't a mob trial.

I meant a made guy on trial for murder. Came out wrong

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 07:58 PM

It could be as mundane as a member of the Jury was caught reading external news services.

Jury Tampering is only ONE option.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:02 PM

It could be as mundane as a member of the Jury was caught reading external news services.

Jury Tampering is only ONE option.

Of course smile.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:05 PM

You guys make a lot of good points,i never quite looked at it from that angle Pizzaboy,but I see where your coming from.I'm with you cheech I'm surprised they were not sequestered but then again it wasn't supposed to be a so called ''mob'' trial.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:16 PM

TUESDAY, MAY 20, 2014

Mistrial In Nicodemo Murder Case
By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

Shortly after mobster Anthony Nicodemo's attorney offered a bizarre carjacking defense last week to explain how his client became an unwitting getaway driver in the December 2012 murder of Gino DiPietro, a person following the trial rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"There's no way a common sense jury buys that story," the observer said.

But common sense doesn't always apply in Common Pleas Court, a sometimes illogical Alice in Wonderland-like judicial world where the unexplainable happens. This morning, as the defense was preparing to call its first witness, it did.

Judge Jeffrey Minehart declared a mistrial late this morning after dismissing two more jurors in the case. That left the panel with just 11 members and apparently neither side wanted to proceed at that point. The case blew up amid reports that police have opened an investigation into possible jury tampering.

At least one family member of the defendant was questioned this afternoon, but one law enforcement source cautioned that it was too soon to determine whether a juror had been approached. An overheard conversation in the hallway outside the 11th floor courtroom contributed to the concern raised by law enforcement that a juror might have been compromised, but by late this afternoon there were no definitive answers.

One of the jurors who was dismissed this morning was a South Philadelphia resident, but it was unclear if he had been the target of jury tampering. Minehart placed a gag order on the lawyers in the case when the trial opened last week. Neither Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarallo nor defense attorney Brain McMonagle were permitted to comment.

Minehart said little about what had transpired, but dismissed the panel late this morning after meeting with attorneys for about an hour behind closed doors in his chambers. He has scheduled a status conference for June 12. It is expected that the District Attorney's Office will retry the case.

Law enforcement sources said late today that there are several options to further shield a jury the next time around. While there were only two alternates selected this time, as many as six could be added. One alternate was dismissed last week and another this morning for what were described as routine and benign reasons. It was the third juror who was let go that raised concerns.

A new panel could also be sequestered, an extreme measure, but one that is permitted. The most extreme option would be a request for a change of venue that would move the case out of Philadelphia Common Pleas Court. No decision has been made with regard to any of those issues, according to sources familiar with the process.

Nicodemo, who has been held without bail since his arrest minutes after DiPietro was gunned down in a mid-afternoon assassination, will remain in prison pending the new trial. As the defense prepared to open its case, the central question was whether the 42-year-old mobster would take the stand in his own defense.

Zarallo had taken four days building an impressive, if circumstantial, case after Nicodemo. The evidence included witness testimony that Nicodemo's black Honda Pilot was the getaway car that a masked gunman jumped into after pumping six bullets into DiPietro.

DiPietro, 50, was slain in the 2800 block of Iseminger Street as he was getting into his pickup truck. The shooting occurred shortly before 3 p.m. on December 12, 20012.

A mailman who heard the shots, described how he saw a masked gunman in a hoody running from the shooting scene. Another witness, who was passing by, described how the gunman ran passed him and jumped into a Honda Pilot that was parked in an alleyway with its engine running. The witness got the license tag of the vehicle.

The Honda was registered to Nicodemo whose home in the 3200 block of South 17th Street is a five-minute drive from the murder scene. Within 20 minutes police were knocking on Nicodemo's door and taking him into custody. They also obtained a search warrant and seized the Honda which was parked behind his row home. Inside the vehicle, wrapped in a jacket and stuffed behind the driver's seat, they found a .357 magnum that, according to testimony from forensic experts, was the murder weapon.

Zarallo, in his opening statement to the jury last week, said that the evidence linked Nicodemo to the conspiracy to murder DiPietro and that while he didn't pull the trigger, he was just as guilty as the shooter. The Assistant District Attorney twice mentioned Domenic Grande, a friend of Nicodemo's and a mob associate, as someone who fit the description of the gunman. He also said that Grande's fingerprint had been found on the hood of the Honda Pilot.

Grande has never been charged and McMonagle said he would be in court at some point during the trial, an apparent reference to an appearance as either a character witness or a courtroom supporter of the defendant. The case, however, never got that far.

McMonagle, in his opening, had told the jury that Nicodemo was a victim of the chaos that surrounded the shooting. He said his client was sitting in his Honda when a masked gunman unexpectedly jumped in the vehicle and told him to drive. McMonagle implied that his client was forced at gunpoint to flee the scene. The lawyer said the gunman later jumped out of the Honda, but left the murder weapon behind.

The defense opening raised several questions. Why didn't Nicodemo report the carjacking? And why, when he was taken into custody, didn't he mention it to the police? Instead, he has sat in prison since December 12, 2012. Zarallo was expected to hammer away on those issues had Nicdemo taken the stand.

Legal sources in the defense community said the scenario laid out by McMonagle was the only one that could explain away the irrefutable evidence linking his client to the getaway car and the murder weapon. With this morning's mistrial, it may be several more months before another jury gets to ponder that defense argument.

Common sense would suggest that the explanation is bizarre at best. But in Common Pleas Court, bizarre is not necessarily unusual.

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/05/mistrial-in-nicodemo-murder-case.html#KbEMKEBTmpv6GYi8.99

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:20 PM

looks like tampering was the issue.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:30 PM

Thanks delly

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:32 PM

I'm a pretty sharp guy whistle .

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:36 PM

Man GA says the same thing over and over in his articles all the fucking time. He is such an overrated writer it isn't even funny. He writes one new paragraph a day and the reiterates everything else. Sad. But what's really sad is their aren't that many good reporters around. Newspapers went to shit. Any tom dick and Harry can start a blog. I miss when newspapers meant something and I'm only 34. But I remember as a kid my father would bring home the two New York papers. The daily news which I still get delivered to my door everyone morning and drives my wife nuts and the Post We would read them together when he got home from work. Damn I miss being ten cry

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:36 PM

Anastasia could be blowing smoke. "Reports" Of Jury tampering could mean his Nanna thinks so....

I still think its because some putz opened a newspaper but looks like Im behind on this one wink

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:37 PM

lol that made me laugh Mr Pizza

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:41 PM

lol that made me laugh Mr Pizza

It was intended to. Because God only knows that I'm about as sharp as a marble.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:49 PM

Showing your age even knowing what a marble is tongue

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:50 PM

PB. Post or the Daily News for you?

I'm guessing you're a Lupica guy?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:50 PM

Showing your age even knowing what a marble is tongue

Yeah, I probably should have made a video game reference lol.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:51 PM

Aww this is so cute reading the interaction between cheech and PB.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:53 PM

Quick story. I'm at a Yankee game ten-twelve years ago with some of the guys. Before batting practice were down the field. Like you used to be able to. jeters there, oneill, Bernie. I'm yelling on top my lungs LUPICA!!! My friends don't even know who the fuck he is. They were asleep when Sports Reporters were on wink any way he comes over and I get his autograph under the brim of my Yankee cap.i shake his hands. He's surprised I even know who the fuck he was. My buddy vinny goes who is that? I said he's a newspaper writer. They just looked at me like I was a retard.

But that's me.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Aww this is so cute reading the interaction between cheech and PB.

You made blush

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 09:16 PM

They just looked at me like I was a retard.

But that's me.

You're a retard? lol
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 09:20 PM

Quick story. I'm at a Yankee game ten-twelve years ago with some of the guys. Before batting practice were down the field. Like you used to be able to. jeters there, oneill, Bernie. I'm yelling on top my lungs LUPICA!!! My friends don't even know who the fuck he is. They were asleep when Sports Reporters were on wink any way he comes over and I get his autograph under the brim of my Yankee cap.i shake his hands. He's surprised I even know who the fuck he was. My buddy vinny goes who is that? I said he's a newspaper writer. They just looked at me like I was a retard.

But that's me.

Friggin great story... lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 10:17 PM

Dom was at the Z bar earlier around 6o'clock doing shots of patron.was told he looked light he didnt have a worry in the world.i wonder if hes still there now? Is their any philly guys from this forum that are members of that club?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 10:22 PM

Dom was at the Z bar earlier around 6o'clock doing shots of patron.was told he looked light he didnt have a worry in the world.

Yeah, I've heard that same thing about a hundred of these guys. But the truth is, no one knows what's going on in someone else's head. He could be at the bar self-medicating with booze to keep his head together, or maybe he just doesn't give a fuck. But only he knows for sure.

All that said, I'd be a little worried if I was in his shoes. Time will tell, though.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/20/14 11:27 PM

Cheech I get the NY Post every morning and they hit me hard price wise because its considered out of state.Don't care have to have it.Nobody and I mean nobody does a headline like the Post.Last week on the cover and a big picture of what was her name Monica Lewinsky the one with Clinton and the headline said ''My life sucks''.They take it to another level.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/21/14 10:21 AM

They just looked at me like I was a retard.

But that's me.

You're a retard? lol

depends who you ask
Posted By: DelcoNostra

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/21/14 01:00 PM

Cheech I have been thinking the same thing about Anastacia since the day I got interested in the Philly Mob... He was decent on the MobTalk series on Philly.com but his articles are the same thing over and over. He needs a Thesaurus too because he uses the same words all the time. If you read his articles and books, he uses the phrase "wanton violence" to describe the philly mob ALL the time. It drives me nuts!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/21/14 01:04 PM

"Make Money Not Headlines!!" lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/21/14 01:38 PM

cheech I had a similar deal at a Nascar race one time but different result. My brother got me some pit passes and all that through DuPont and we were on pit road before the race and folks were getting autographs on these cheap hats they gave us. Some dude on pit road starts autographing mine and says "this sure is a nice hat to mess up" and I laughed, then proceeded to tell him "it's just going to be a shop hat so don't worry". He quickly put it down and didn't want to sign anything else.....haha

I agree pizza, the next set of jurors are going to be stuck in the hotel with no damn t.v.......LMAO

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/21/14 02:40 PM

I just saw Dom Grande, Lance and some other guy. The other guy I don't know but he was dressed nicer like he had a job during the day haha with some papers in his hand. But the main reason I wanted to share this is because Dom probably weighs the same amount as Lance. Lance as always been a bigger dude but Dom is huge! If my name was in the papers in connection to a Murder, I think I wouldn't be able to eat a decent meal.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/21/14 06:09 PM

Cheech I get the NY Post every morning and they hit me hard price wise because its considered out of state.Don't care have to have it.Nobody and I mean nobody does a headline like the Post.Last week on the cover and a big picture of what was her name Monica Lewinsky the one with Clinton and the headline said ''My life sucks''.They take it to another level.

The daily news has gotten expensive too. I switched to just Friday and the weekends recently.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/23/14 09:04 PM

I hate this gag order shit. I think most of us would really like to know what really happened with the jurors and all the cops posted up in the court house. Something serious went down.I have always thought Nicodemo wouldn't flip. And if he did it would be because he was found guilty. And I seriously doubt Ligambi ordered the hit. IMO it was ordered by Merlino at his fathers funeral. Tying up loose ends. Or it wasn't ordered and Nicodemo acted alone. But I also don't think that Nicodemo would just hit someone like that without first getting approval from somebody higher up..

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/23/14 09:11 PM

Also if Dominic Grande was the shooter, I would think that someone else besides Nicodemo would have ordered him to do it. Maybe I give him too much credit but it was the middle of Ligambi and the rest of the guys trial and if he just did it without somebody approving it I would think he would get into some trouble. But from what I know Grande is on good terms with Mazzone and them. Not sure what type of relationship he has with Ligambi though.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/23/14 10:40 PM

who is grande under? lance?? im curious since south philly is so small.. do most of these guys have day jobs? or do they honeostly just chill around south philly all day long shooting the shit?
I would also like to know how grande is as an earner? what type of stuff is he into money wise? really curious cause nicodemo seemed like a good earner.. he had the book inside the Borgata.. he has a legitimate job also.. seemed pretty smart until all this happened..
handsomestevie- check your p.m.'s my ninja
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/23/14 10:42 PM

pizza,,, you have a little dementia spell and forget about my message I sent you? im over here waiting for you response and im not getting any younger over here at 28 years old... just busting your balls

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/23/14 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
pizza,,, you have a little dementia spell and forget about my message I sent you? im over here waiting for you response and im not getting any younger over here at 28 years old... just busting your balls

28 years old? Go fuck yourself lol .

And I didn't even notice the pm. I'll hit you back in a little bit. I'm in the middle of something smile.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/23/14 11:03 PM

I would think Grande is under Lancellotti. And I'm sure they have day jobs. Grande is in some real estate with Nicodemo. I've seen a few properties with both Nicodemo and Grandes names listed as owners. They probably buy up shitty properties, do the labor themselves and then re sell for much higher value. Also Grande was arrested in the Borgata bust as well for taking lay off bets from the Borgata ring. So he is definitely into gambling. Philly don't have too many rackets these days besides gambling, loan sharking, poker machines, and some extortion. As for how Grande is as an earner, I have no clue.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/24/14 04:29 AM

Just from hearing the tapes of him and hearing stuff about Nicodemo it sounds like he can be a pretty hot big hothead. Could be wrong. But even if he has some smarts maybe a temper like that is enough for him to pull boneheaded hit on a guy he has / had a beef with? Idk just my 2 thoughts. Either way I bet he's not sleeping to well at the moment.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/24/14 11:17 PM

Say Tony nicks flips. Do we really think he will be a better witness than natale was? Based on the tapes, he doesnt sound really bright. The defense is going to point to the fact he is a felon that was facing life on murder one with zero choices left. Would a jury necessarily buy his word on decade old hits that he claims, with no other evidence, were directed by his capo and boss?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/24/14 11:37 PM

Say Tony nicks flips. Do we really think he will be a better witness than natale was? Based on the tapes, he doesnt sound really bright. The defense is going to point to the fact he is a felon that was facing life on murder one with zero choices left. Would a jury necessarily buy his word on decade old hits that he claims, with no other evidence, were directed by his capo and boss?

Good point. It's been proven with some of the recent cases that you can't win a trial solely on a rat anymore.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/24/14 11:38 PM

I think Nicodemo would be a decent witness. Especially if he gives up Grande and then he flips too, then I think a lot of people will end up snitching or doing a lot of time in prison. Juries are different every time so I guess it just depends on the juror personally if they believe the witness.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/24/14 11:45 PM

And who knows if Ron Galati is going to end up ratting too. I wouldn't feel too safe if I was involved with Nicodemo or Galati right now. And if I was Merlino,Mazzone, Ligambi or even Mikey Lance I would be worried about a guy like Grande gettin caught up with a murder charge. Dom is only 34 and definitely don't want to do life in prison. His dad ratted and the whole family disowned him. Maybe they will reunite!!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
It's been proven with some of the recent cases that you can't win a trial solely on a rat anymore.

It all averages out in the long run. The Feds have been batting .900 at trial for the past 200 years. That's not going to change. They stack the deck in their favor, and they win.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 12:57 AM

It's been proven with some of the recent cases that you can't win a trial solely on a rat anymore.

It all averages out in the long run. The Feds have been batting .900 at trial for the past 200 years. That's not going to change. They stack the deck in their favor, and they win.

But when it comes to murder charges, the Feds are around .500 in recent years. Even if Nicodemo flips, it'll still be tough to make a murder charge against Ligambi or Merlino stick.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 03:41 AM

Little Nicky,totally agree,said something like that a little while ago.if Nicodemo flips the jury will probably look at it like he's trying to save his own neck and when Ligambi's lawyers get done with it they will shred him.Could it be this simple as Nicodemo saying Uncle Joe ordered the hit and then Ligambi saying,no I didn't.Like a ''he said she said''I doubt its on tape so again even if he wants to co-operate I still don't think he has enough to get a conviction on Ligambi.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 09:42 AM

But when it comes to murder charges, the Feds are around .500 in recent years. Even if Nicodemo flips, it'll still be tough to make a murder charge against Ligambi or Merlino stick.

Well, I'd have to see that on paper to believe it. Granted, in the high profile mob trials of the past few years they seem to be in a bit of a slump. But the Feds try hundreds of murders a year that don't make the papers, and I still think that it all averages out. They have too many tools in their arsenal and they don't play fair, so they'll always win a lot more than they lose.

As far as Nicodemo being a poor witness against Ligambi and/or Merlino, I have no idea. I don't pretend to know anything about that family other than the very public knowledge that they seem to be a running joke lately. But I do know something about the Feds and their tactics. So I was making more of a general statement than a prediction about Nicodemo. I don't know him, and I don't care whether he flips or not smile .

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 09:54 AM

Little Nicky,totally agree,said something like that a little while ago.if Nicodemo flips the jury will probably look at it like he's trying to save his own neck and when Ligambi's lawyers get done with it they will shred him.Could it be this simple as Nicodemo saying Uncle Joe ordered the hit and then Ligambi saying,no I didn't.Like a ''he said she said''I doubt its on tape so again even if he wants to co-operate I still don't think he has enough to get a conviction on Ligambi.

I think the strength of tony nick's flipping would the possibility of the momentum it would cause. Grande would go down immediately (as the triggerman) along with some other ancillary guys. Maybe that would be enough to bring a case against merlino, uncle joe or maybe lucibello. Or maybe some other evidence exists out there on the two murders that we don't have because they never filed charges.

But on his own, i think hes a weak witness regardless of the extent that the feds tilt everything in their favor. He will be especially pathetic if he is found guilty by a juror of his peers before flipping. Then they literally got a convicted murder one felon, that likely testified falsely at this own trial, telling the government's story.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 03:40 PM

Pizza boy, historically doesn't mean shit. Its all about recent years. Most jurors realize that the country has bigger problems that 70 year old bookmakers with vowels at the end of their names.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 04:12 PM

I think the strength of tony nick's flipping would the possibility of the momentum it would cause. Grande would go down immediately (as the triggerman) along with some other ancillary guys. Maybe that would be enough to bring a case against merlino, uncle joe or maybe lucibello. Or maybe some other evidence exists out there on the two murders that we don't have because they never filed charges.

Spot-on, Nicky. Nicodemo wouldn't be a very credible witness after being convicted of first degree murder. What the higher ups would have to fear, if anything, is the domino effect that rats create.

Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Pizza boy, historically doesn't mean shit. Its all about recent years. Most jurors realize that the country has bigger problems that 70 year old bookmakers with vowels at the end of their names.

You're right. People don't give a shit about 70 year old bookmakers. I certainly don't. But jurors still care about murderers, no matter what their age, and no matter what their name is. Look no further than Bobby Vernace here in New York. He's almost 65 and he just got convicted of a thirty year old murder.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 07:53 PM

Its out of control. The budget the philly oc office has. For a bunch of glorified bookmakers and video poker machine operators. There are probably a half dozen bigger, more profitable and more violent crews operating in philly without a whole office dedicated to them.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 11:27 PM

Carace, Gioeli, Little Dino, Gotti (and to a lesser extent Ligambi, Scoops, Romanello etc) all winning trials of 'late' is the exception not the rule.

If Nicodemo flips people are in trouble. And the odds are definitely stacked against.

Pizza's right. The Feds play games only they win. The chances Nicodemo and Grande are willing to do life for Ligambi and Joey are slim, at best.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 11:38 PM

Carace, Gioeli, Little Dino, Gotti (and to a lesser extent Ligambi, Scoops, Romanello etc) all winning trials of 'late' is the exception not the rule.

And on top of that, Gioeli and Little Dino are probably going to die in jail anyway, even after being acquitted. So even when the Feds "lose," they still win sometimes. Like I said, they stack the deck and they win. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm not in denial about it either. If the Feds want you, they're probably going to get you.

And for those reasons, a 21st century Italian American gangster = A poor career choice.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 11:41 PM

Didnt Little Dino just get 50 years or something like that?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/25/14 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Didnt Little Dino just get 50 years or something like that?

Yup, and Fat Tommy got almost twenty. In the shape he's in, odds are he's never coming home either.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/26/14 05:37 AM

Well, I'd have to see that on paper to believe it. Granted, in the high profile mob trials of the past few years they seem to be in a bit of a slump. But the Feds try hundreds of murders a year that don't make the papers, and I still think that it all averages out. They have too many tools in their arsenal and they don't play fair, so they'll always win a lot more than they lose.

As far as Nicodemo being a poor witness against Ligambi and/or Merlino, I have no idea. I don't pretend to know anything about that family other than the very public knowledge that they seem to be a running joke lately. But I do know something about the Feds and their tactics. So I was making more of a general statement than a prediction about Nicodemo. I don't know him, and I don't care whether he flips or not smile .

I meant Mafia cases, specifically. Most have ended with "guilty on racketeering, acquitted of murder". Bobby Glasses and the people around the Al Bruno murder (at least the one's that didn't flip) seem to be the only losers as of late.

Nicomedo seems f*cked, though.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/26/14 11:16 AM

There were like 8 guys charged with Al Bruno's murder and 4 of em flipped. One of the guys who didn't flip, Emilio Fusco, was found innocent of the murder but still got 25 years. Those 2 Greek brothers, Freddy and Ty Geas, were/are tough dudes.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/26/14 10:07 PM

Still can't believe this shit happened. Unreal.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:39 AM

Reading Dave schratweisers twitter from the last week. He's a crime reporter for one of the local stations. He's saying you can expect to see the "shooter" up on the stand with nicodemo at the retrial. Guess grandes day is coming. He also made mention of the Feds meeting with merlino and subpoenaing (sp?) his financial records. Apparently he pays $250 a month in restitution. Feds are curious where his money is coming from and also want to up his payments.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:42 AM

Originally Posted By: tjonezee
Reading Dave schratweisers twitter from the last week. He's a crime reporter for one of the local stations. He's saying you can expect to see the "shooter" up on the stand with nicodemo at the retrial. Guess grandes day is coming. He also made mention of the Feds meeting with merlino and subpoenaing (sp?) his financial records. Apparently he pays $250 a month in restitution. Feds are curious where his money is coming from and also want to up his payments.

It looks like a house of cards if you ask me. And once it tips . . . .

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 08:02 AM

Having Jacobs down in Boca to sit in on the feds talking to merlino isn't a cheap ticket either, but like stated above and scharweiser seems dialed into some sources from the feds, or the feds could be using schratweiser and out fishing looking for some rats to start jumpin early because they do not have anything. Pretty big statement that was leaked that the shooter will also be on the stand in the next trial

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 02:49 PM

Having Jacobs down in Boca to sit in on the feds talking to merlino isn't a cheap ticket either, but like stated above and scharweiser seems dialed into some sources from the feds, or the feds could be using schratweiser and out fishing looking for some rats to start jumpin early because they do not have anything. Pretty big statement that was leaked that the shooter will also be on the stand in the next trial

The scuttlebut down here is that Joey left town after Easter and hasn't been seen since. I'm not sure how accurate this is or how accurate this guy Schratweiser is either.

I do have some good news for the boys in Chicago however. Whats left of the Outfit is safe and recouperating well down here in Boca. They have been staying in a local assisted living facility, who BTW the ARM works at changing bed pans. The Outfit has been playing shufflebaord, feeding the ducks and catching the early bird at Josie's so they are all rested up and ready to go back to their summer home on Lake Michigan now that it has warmed up a bit up there. wink

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 03:10 PM

I just seen a picture of Eddie Jacobs and Merlino in Boca last week. Crazzzzzy.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 03:20 PM

At the uncle joe trial he was standing the whole time and one day I was there overheard him say he was probably going in for surgery could be down there getting R&R from surgery not sure, hes a bigger dude though and good lawyer. Philly family could turn out to be getting ready to crumble all together with this new trial

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 03:32 PM

post that shit

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 03:37 PM

so the prosecutor going to put grande up on the stand for what all he has to do is plead the 5th like dave chapel taught everyone the judge could hold him in contemp for the rest of the trial I think but its only like a 2 week trial. say nicodemo just put it on record with whoevers in charge like I don't like this guy and im gonna kill him does that make the higher guys in phillys mob guilty of something that's a blury line.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 04:23 PM

something is still amiss

i have to believe this didn't go down as planned.

why keep the burner phone, why keep the biscuit, why go home right after?

if he ditches the gun, doesn't go right home and have some alibi he doesn't even get arrested.

something went awry
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 05:35 PM

He was down there to get a deposition from skinny.
He was there for two days.Man you guys find everything....

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 05:42 PM

I agree cheech, i would of definetly got rid of the biscuit

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:04 PM

Dave Schratwieser ‏@DSchratwieser May 23
Mistrial and gag order. Judge won't release them right now. Looker for shooter to be sitting next to Nicodemo next time#fox29

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:15 PM

@FOX29philly Only on Fox. Feds put heat on Mob Boss Joey Merlino. Subpoenaed his financial records & ordered him to answer questions#fox29

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:16 PM

@FOX29philly Merlino & his attorney Ed Jacobs spent 90 minutes answering questions in South Florida this week about Joey's finances#fox29

@FOX29philly Jacobs tells Fox 29 this is "nothing unusual" since Joey is set to come off parole in Sept.Says he answered all questions#fox29

@FOX29philly Two Philly U.S.Attornies went to Florida to question Merlino. Jacobs says feds want Joey to up his $250/mo restitution#fox29

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:17 PM

@FOX29philly Sources say feds curious about where Merlino's money is coming from. They want to know if he can pay more restitution#fox29

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:18 PM

@FOX29philly Sources say Feds may ask for a hearing before a judge if they aren't satisfied with Merlino's answers. Feds won't comment#fox29

all the posts are from Daves Twitter page and I posted them all in the order that he posted them..

Originally Posted By: Serpiente

He was down there to get a deposition from skinny.
He was there for two days.Man you guys find everything....

Funny how you posted that after it was reported. Not saying you're lying. Saying its funny

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:20 PM

House of Cards. Mark my words. Or don't. What do I care? lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:24 PM

What do u think PB. Merlino, ligambi, Mazzone etc all go down?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:29 PM

What do u think PB. Merlino, ligambi, Mazzone etc all go down?

Like I always say, I don't really know the pecking order down there. It's not like New York, or even Jersey and Connecticut, where I might, um, hear a few things. But between the lawyer going to Florida, and everything else I've read today, something's about to jump off. Someone's talking. Maybe it's hearsay. Maybe it's not a major player. But someone's talking.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:34 PM

Was that to me or Serp?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:48 PM

Yea , Steve cos we do not know .........

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 07:55 PM

Im trying to figure out how to post this type of file that I have the picture saved in. but if anybody wants to see it and dont want to wait for me to figure it out, just PM me and I will tell you how to find the pic yourself.. wink

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 08:13 PM

LOOK WHAT DADDY FOUND!!!!

Skinny Joey, Eddie Jacobs, and Stan the Man!

Attached picture eddie.jpg

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 08:13 PM

Anyone that thinks I was bullshitting can take a look at this!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 08:19 PM

Thanks for posting stevie………..A Don doesn't wear pink shorts lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 08:23 PM

I'd rather meet Cosmo Kramer and Stan the Caddy.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 08:24 PM

lol I got some more now that I figured out how to post these type of files... Actually A LOT more.. literally 100's of merlino but theyre all him with his shirt off on the beach with people that arent involved.. probably the people buying him everything.. also some of Grande, and the Mazzone brothers. I got you guys!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 08:25 PM

Dominic Grande

Description: Dom Grande on Mothers day.
Attached picture domg2.jpg

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 09:05 PM

Okay I got a bunch of pictures im about to post (IN THE RARE PHOTOS THREAD) for everyone thats been PM me asking about pictures.. Also, if anybody else can ever contribute some good ones to share with me that would be great, Thanks.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 09:45 PM

Dominic Grande

That's the least gangster looking gangster I've ever seen.

The one in the pink shirt looks scarier.

Edit: and thx to HS for posting the pics.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 10:01 PM

No problem buddy! I just posted like 25 photos in the rare photos thread.. All Philly guys if you want to check it out.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 10:02 PM

Anthony, Steve, & Sonny Mazzone

Attached picture zmazzones.jpg

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 10:04 PM

Dominic Grande with some of the Mazzones

Attached picture zgrande.jpg

Description: Mazzones daughter with Dom Grande
Attached picture zgrande1.jpg

Description: Mazzones nephew with Dom Grande
Attached picture zgrande2.jpg

Description: Dom Grande with Mazzones nephew
Attached picture zgrande3.jpg

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 10:05 PM

Also, One of the Mazzone brothers, Anthony, had kids with Dom Grandes Aunt. So Dom Grande is cousins with Stevies kids and Sonnys kids. And Stevie and Sonny are Uncles to Dom Grande..

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 10:06 PM

And heres Johnny Chang with his wife on left and Merlinos wife on right..

Attached picture zchang.jpg

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/27/14 10:07 PM

Okay I think I am done for the night! Hope you all enjoy!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 04:39 AM

Good stuff Stevie!!!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 04:46 AM

This sounds like it may get interesting. How sure are they that the shooter is Grande? This is the feds making assumptions based witnesses description of the shooter?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 08:08 AM

lol I got some more now that I figured out how to post these type of files... Actually A LOT more.. literally 100's of merlino but theyre all him with his shirt off on the beach with people that arent involved.. probably the people buying him everything.. also some of Grande, and the Mazzone brothers. I got you guys!

Handsomestevie,

Here is a tip from an oldtimer who worked for the NYS Dept. of Mental Health for 20 years. Having hundreds of pictures of Joey with his shirt off is considered by those of us in the mental health field and normal folks as being kinda creepy. wink Seriously though I'm a student of human behavior and I can't help but be curious why my tongue in cheek post to another member of this board compelled you to spend a lot of time and energy defending yourself? smile

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 08:52 AM

The philly homicide detectives must have some snitch on the street that is saying its Grande for these assumptions to be leaked. On the other hand, this could be an intentional leak to Schratweiser to get it out in the media to see if it stirs anyone to start jumping ship early. Even if Nicodemo and Grande were all cranked up or coked up, not losing the gun or using a rented vehicle is just plain stupid. I mean the dudes up in North Philly are smart enough to go to the airport with a crackhead and rent a car before they commit some major crimes or get them to carry some weight in the car, these 2 dudes in s philly are just dumb and as PB has stated this will lead to Philly police convictions which will lead to the feds which will lead to the end. These 2 should have looked up at N Philly and the 17 year olds who kill ppl everyday and get away with it oh and there is that no snitching thing up in n philly as well.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 11:39 AM

Great pictures Stevie. Chang is the only one who looks like a mobster, the rest look like queers.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 12:50 PM

LOOK WHAT DADDY FOUND!!!!

thanks stevie, good find...i dont think anyone thought you were bullshitting, youve aways had good pics

i like jerking Serps chain...only cause he gets drunk and his buddies post....so he is fair game

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 01:21 PM

Great pictures Stevie. Chang is the only one who looks like a mobster, the rest look like queers.

That's because Chang is a real mobster 100%
Posted By: gram6814

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 02:40 PM

His father was a real gangster. Chick is going home soon if God spares.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 02:45 PM

dumbest comment ever Tommy...and i shouldnt have to exlain why
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 02:47 PM

so much for this being an open/closed trial...things are heating up!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 03:04 PM

Glad everyone enjoyed them.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 03:11 PM

Its Anthony Mazzones son. His dad is alive theres a recent pic with stevie that i posted yesterday.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 03:18 PM

There both not involved at all, the brother and son, but I think the brother Anthony had a kid with Grandes aunt. So Anthony Jr and Dom are cousins.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 03:38 PM

He is alive...for some reason I thought he died. Your right...there are the 3 of them. Anthony looks much older.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 03:57 PM

The philly homicide detectives must have some snitch on the street that is saying its Grande for these assumptions to be leaked. On the other hand, this could be an intentional leak to Schratweiser to get it out in the media to see if it stirs anyone to start jumping ship early. Even if Nicodemo and Grande were all cranked up or coked up, not losing the gun or using a rented vehicle is just plain stupid. I mean the dudes up in North Philly are smart enough to go to the airport with a crackhead and rent a car before they commit some major crimes or get them to carry some weight in the car, these 2 dudes in s philly are just dumb and as PB has stated this will lead to Philly police convictions which will lead to the feds which will lead to the end. These 2 should have looked up at N Philly and the 17 year olds who kill ppl everyday and get away with it oh and there is that no snitching thing up in n philly as well.

the only people in north philly that don't snitch are the coppers

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 04:51 PM

You didn't detect a hint of sarcasm?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 07:25 PM

There both not involved at all, the brother and son, but I think the brother Anthony had a kid with Grandes aunt. So Anthony Jr and Dom are cousins.

Yea, its doms aunt trudy. She use to wait tables at some restaurant on south st

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 11:14 PM

So Uncle Joe's son Steve got indicted today. Any comments?

http://www.bigtrial.net/

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 11:41 PM

I wonder what his son was actually doing that was illegal. Seems like a nice kid, isn't he an actor or some shit?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 11:46 PM

Boy never a dull moment with these philly guys.

Steven Ligambi was an aspiring actor for a while, guess that didn't pan out. My guess is he's not a major guy and was probably involved in this minimally. Here is an interview he did a while back for a movie he was acting in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVOD9JsVVRs&feature=related

Eric Esposito got 27 months today, was wondering if anyone knew what crew/sportsbook he was working for.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 11:54 PM

I have been trying to find a picture of this Eric Esposito for almost 2 years now.. Cant find anything. Same for Robert "Bootsie" Verrechia.. They were both indicted with Uncle Joe and the rest of the guys. I have found pictures of everyone indicted in that case except for Esposito and Verrechia. Theyre both Philly guys about 43 years old..
moneyman- my guess is he was working with Uncle Joe, Massimino, Lucibello, or Angelina. Not 100% though.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/28/14 11:56 PM

So Uncle Joe's son Steve got indicted today. Any comments?

http://www.bigtrial.net/

I know Uncle Joes son Steve said a few words on behalf of the his dad and family the day when Uncle Joe got released. Im just surprised it was Steve and not one of his other two sons. Steve seems like a good ol boy!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:25 AM

I have been trying to find a picture of this Eric Esposito for almost 2 years now.. Cant find anything. Same for Robert "Bootsie" Verrechia.. They were both indicted with Uncle Joe and the rest of the guys. I have found pictures of everyone indicted in that case except for Esposito and Verrechia. Theyre both Philly guys about 43 years old..
moneyman- my guess is he was working with Uncle Joe, Massimino, Lucibello, or Angelina. Not 100% though.

Handsome steve-o, whats up with you and pictures? Ive never in my life seen anybody talk about pics of guys as much as you. No disrespect, but are you okay.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:37 AM

I like to put a name to the face of the people im discussing. Also I contribute a lot of photo's for people so I ask other people to try and do the same so im not the only one roaming all over the internet trying to find them. And yea Im okay. Your picture is of Sal Pelullo. Are you okay? Guy is a wanna be and a weirdo.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:37 AM

Dont try to clown me you dont even want to go there.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:38 AM

Are you okay? Guy is a wanna be and a weirdo.

Touché.

To each his own, boys. To each his own wink.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:41 AM

PB, you got that right!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:43 AM

Touché.

That's fuckin funny, I don't care who ya are lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:45 AM

PB, you got that right!

I usually do tongue lol.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

Touché.

That's fuckin funny, I don't care who ya are lol

Hey, the Wichita lineman's up late tonight lol.

(An old Glen Campbell song, the young'uns won't even get it grin ).

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:47 AM

You usually do Sir. I must say PB I respect you more then a lot of other posters here. Always a gentleman.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:49 AM

You usually do Sir. I must say PB I respect you more then a lot of other posters here. Always a gentleman.

Eh, I'm just too old to argue. If the Internet was around thirty years ago, I probably would have acted like a dick sometimes too. But thanks for the compliment, Stevie smile.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:51 AM

Hey, the Wichita lineman's up late tonight lol.

(An old Glen Campbell song, the young'uns won't even get it grin ).

LOL good one! lol I'm only 34 but of course I know the song very well. Never liked it much but I hear that reference all the time as you can imagine.

And on cue, I'm about to take my ass to bed wink lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:56 AM

I like to put a name to the face of the people im discussing. Also I contribute a lot of photo's for people so I ask other people to try and do the same so im not the only one roaming all over the internet trying to find them. And yea Im okay. Your picture is of Sal Pelullo. Are you okay? Guy is a wanna be and a weirdo.

Lmfao, pelullo is a wannabe and a weirdo? What are you? I would say both of you fall in the same category. Wannabes and weirdos. The difference between you two, he ripped off several million dollars. You surf the web for male photos of mobsters as soon as you get home from your 9 to 5 job. Then when you get up at 7am, you get on this forum to see if anybody posted male photos of philly guys. And on the days thiers no new pics, it probably ruins your day

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 01:10 AM

Vegas the fucks your problem?

HS has done nothing but contribute photo's of mafioso to a mafioso website.

This websites about, the mafia.

If you don't want to see photos about, the mafia, maybe go somewhere else eh?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 01:11 AM

Dont try to clown me you dont even want to go there.

Im shaking in my boots

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 09:40 AM

You didn't detect a hint of sarcasm?

i didnt my apologies chap wink
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 09:50 AM

The guy is putting up good pics. Don't be a dickhead please.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 10:21 AM

Is Pelullo really a wannabe? In the Scarfo trial they said he was more of a gangster then Scarfo Jr is.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 10:45 AM

Stevey was right vegas don't go there he contributes solidly to this forum. I wonder why there is very little info on Esposito even when he was convicted no articles were written.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 11:39 AM

Yea, its doms aunt trudy. She use to wait tables at some restaurant on south st

Yeah she's a really nice lady too.
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 12:13 PM

Good pics Stevie. Horse jockey Merlino made me chuckle there for a minute. Lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 08:08 PM

Lmfao, pelullo is a wannabe and a weirdo? What are you? I would say both of you fall in the same category. Wannabes and weirdos. The difference between you two, he ripped off several million dollars. You surf the web for male photos of mobsters as soon as you get home from your 9 to 5 job. Then when you get up at 7am, you get on this forum to see if anybody posted male photos of philly guys. And on the days thiers no new pics, it probably ruins your day

If your only here to try to start shit with people, Im not even worried about you because you will be banned soon enough. You dont contribute jack shit. And dont even compare me to Pellulo, dudes a clown and gonna do 30+ years in jail. Hes the president of Nicky Scarfos fan club. But hey say whatever you want about me because for one you dont know shit about me and 2 its obvious from everyones posts that they would rather read what I have to say. Have a good day Sal Pellulo fan!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 08:15 PM

SonnyBlackstein, LongIslandguy, ItalianForever, thanks for having my back! Yous know which one of us is the solid poster here.. And Im too old for fighting with some guy on the internet that has Sal Pellulo as there avatar... Its not like I can search for the Female members of the Philly mob because they dont exist. LOL anyway subject is dead. Anybody here anything new about Philly today?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 05/29/14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Stevey was right vegas don't go there he contributes solidly to this forum. I wonder why there is very little info on Esposito even when he was convicted no articles were written.

I have only seen about 2 or 3 articles about Esposito besides the main one when all the philly guys were arrested.. but heres the one from him getting sentenced..

POSTED: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 3:01 AM

A REPUTED mob soldier was sentenced yesterday to 27 months in prison for running an illegal gambling business.

Eric Esposito, 43, of Philadelphia, was convicted Feb. 21 after a weeklong trial for running the business on behalf of the city's La Cosa Nostra family at the First Ward Republican Club in South Philadelphia, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. The club is unrelated to the Republican Party. The business used video poker machines, which prosecutors had said sometimes brought in $2,000 a day.

As part of the sentence, U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno also ruled yesterday that Esposito must pay a fine of $4,000 and serve three years of supervised release.

The government alleged that Esposito worked as the "de facto manager" of the club from 2006 to 2009 and never renounced his mob membership or status as a "made" member.

The prosecution argued that Esposito's sentencing range should be increased to 30 to 37 months because of his longtime association with the mob. The 27-month term he received was the maximum under the advisory sentencing guidelines.

Thirteen other reputed La Cosa Nostra leaders, members and associates have been convicted or pleaded guilty in the case. One is awaiting sentencing. Esposito was one of 13 people included in a 50-count superseded indictment unsealed in May 2011.

The reputed boss of the Philly mob, Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, was released from federal prison in January after prosecutors decided not to try him a third time. He was not convicted of any charges in the case.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201405...W6il16vdvJu7.99

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/13/14 10:49 PM

Dom grande and a bunch of his guys are at the hooters on Roosevelt and welsch right now. They're all rooting for the LA Kings.
Posted By: Hamilton

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/13/14 11:49 PM

Dom grande and a bunch of his guys are at the hooters on Roosevelt and welsch right now. They're all rooting for the LA Kings.

It's his going away party lol

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/13/14 11:52 PM

how old are dipietros kids? this dude running around philly without a care in the world and the cops and the street think he killed their dad looks like it could be a powderkeg getting ready

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/14/14 12:12 AM

how old are dipietros kids? this dude running around philly without a care in the world and the cops and the street think he killed their dad looks like it could be a powderkeg getting ready

Merlino, just my thoughts, i think dom didnt have anything to do with the situation.i think the feds just put his name in to try and get ant nicodemo to flip.im not from philly and never saw dom or ant nicodemo, but from what i hear from jersey, both have no worries. Ant is locked up feeling hes definitely gonna beat the case. Dom, from it looks like, wasnt the shooter and had nothing to do with it. If i wasnt guilty, i would be doing the same thing as dom. Drinking mojitos every night, while everyones reading the papers

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/14/14 01:40 AM

So these people think its a cut and dry case,no one is worried.According to that 1 juror if the trial continued it was just a matter of time.That's a head scratcher.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/14/14 01:51 AM

So these people think its a cut and dry case,no one is worried.According to that 1 juror if the trial continued it was just a matter of time.That's a head scratcher.

No one knows what's going on in someone else's mind. I laugh my ass off when I hear people say things like "John Gotti looked like he didn't have a care in the world." Yeah, until the iron door slammed shut for good.

Maybe Grande was at the bar self-medicating to keep from going crazy. Maybe he IS fucking crazy. Or maybe they really do believe that Nicodemo is going to walk. But whatever it is, only they know what they're thinking and whether or not they're worried. I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw a wiseguy put on a brave face when he secretly had a bleeding ulcer from stress.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/14/14 09:32 AM

No one knows what's going on in someone else's mind.

Unless their renting space up there. smile

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/14/14 11:31 AM

Merlino, just my thoughts, i think dom didnt have anything to do with the situation.i think the feds just put his name in to try and get ant nicodemo to flip.im not from philly and never saw dom or ant nicodemo, but from what i hear from jersey, both have no worries. Ant is locked up feeling hes definitely gonna beat the case. Dom, from it looks like, wasnt the shooter and had nothing to do with it. If i wasnt guilty, i would be doing the same thing as dom. Drinking mojitos every night, while everyones reading the papers

I don't know about all that it's pretty obvious to all of south Philly that Dom was the shooter. Wether or not he gets charged with it who knows I personally doubt he will unless Anthony flips.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/14/14 03:04 PM

OJ couldnt beat this case.

My 2 cents he'll roll the minute the INEVITABLE guilty verdict comes in.

But its been said before. We'll find out soon enough.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/14/14 09:55 PM

lol. Are you for real? "From the looks of it"??? They wouldnt pull his name out of a hat if they didnt have people on the street saying his name. Much tougher to prove it was him in a court of law, but dont kid yourself, people are talking about it, and Dom's name is getting mentioned. There are no secrets in South Philly. People love to talk. No doubt he was the shooter. Up to the courts to prove it though.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/15/14 01:20 AM

I wonder what that feeling is like,like you guys say in South Philly there are no secrets,when you run across someone in a convience store or at at club,bar,whatever that you you know killed your brother or father or even close relative.I mean your in line behind the person that killed your father,and obviously he's not in jail,I'm sure its happened.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/15/14 09:37 AM

That is what I am thinking especially for DiPietros kids and also relatives, there has to be many people in s philly who dont like dom grandes dad already ans hold deep resentment towards him now his son might have committed a murder that could bring down many leaders of the philly mob

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/16/14 02:36 PM

Retrial not until early 2015 ..

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/16/14 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jose
Retrial not until early 2015 ..

Tick tock.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/16/14 06:03 PM

Nicodemo Trial 2015

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/17/14 08:07 PM

Now to me this seems like a ploy for the defense,by the new trial being so far away only negative things can happen.What happens if one of the key witness's moves away or has a change of heart or even passes away.That could only help the defense.It's like in the O.J. trial everyone knew he was guilty but suddenly the lawyers attacked Mark Furhman and it changed everything.Like in this case there is no way humanly possible a jury could aquit him.Seen staking out the area,vehicle seen leaving the scene, and evidence found right inside vehicle.Supposed car-jacking but not reported to police.Only way to win this is on technicalities.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/17/14 10:35 PM

Im with you all of the witnesses are out in the open, wonder if a "sopranos" like corner store meeting might occur now. S Philly is a small area but for all these witnesses being able to not get amnesia kind of shows what lack of muscle these guys carry over there anymore. If it was west or n philly those residents never see anything, more scared of those gangstas than the mobsters in s philly

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/17/14 10:39 PM

Im with you all of the witnesses are out in the open, wonder if a "sopranos" like corner store meeting might occur now. S Philly is a small area but for all these witnesses being able to not get amnesia kind of shows what lack of muscle these guys carry over there anymore. If it was west or n philly those residents never see anything, more scared of those gangstas than the mobsters in s philly

That's everywhere, though. Here in the Bronx, I guarantee you that the "Average Joe" would rather testify against a made guy than a Crip or a Blood. Things change.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 12:17 AM

I would have to disagree with that comment PB. On the show "48", or "48 hours", whatever its called. You have a crip/blood wanted for murder. Within 2 days, you have a brother being questioned. The detectives tell him hes never gonna see his kids again if he doesnt give up the shooter. Next thing you know, hes starts crying hysterically and gives up the crip/blood and later testifies.
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 12:49 AM

Not to get off track ..... but like bobbyvegas says....on that First 48 show, does anybody notice that absolutely everybody always talks? Even the guys that do the murder, once they are questioned for more than 15 minutes...first they slowly admit they were at the scene of the crime....then they admit there was a fight...and then they just admit everything. I almost feel bad for these people it's like they don't know they can demand a lawyer.

Anyways, I wanted to say thanks to all you that have been posting the articles about this Philly trial. Very interesting, thanks.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 12:53 AM

I would have to disagree with that comment PB. On the show "48", or "48 hours", whatever its called. You have a crip/blood wanted for murder. Within 2 days, you have a brother being questioned. The detectives tell him hes never gonna see his kids again if he doesnt give up the shooter. Next thing you know, hes starts crying hysterically and gives up the crip/blood and later testifies.

Agree to disagree.

There are at least half-a-dozen rats who've returned to the Bronx-Westchester-NYC Metro area after leaving Witness Protection. I see one of them all the time, and do you know what he's doing? He's shylocking money as a freelancer at the video casino at the racetrack. Un-fucking-heard of twenty years ago.

I've never heard of a Crip or a Blood or whatever you call them returning to his old neighborhood after testifying. It's an indisputable fact that the Black and Latino gangs will kill you a lot faster than the mob today. And I think that the average suburban White person realizes that.

But like I say, I don't come here to argue. Agree to disagree smile.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: mldetroit
on that First 48 show, does anybody notice that absolutely everybody always talks?

Well, if they didn't go there to talk, they wouldn't be on television lol.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 01:02 AM

PB check your pm!

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 06:27 AM

Aside from the 48 hours show I think PB is spot on... here in west philly you have a 13 year old kid get shot by unidentified black 17-21 year old male over a stolen bike but its right near an undercover detective who chase the shooters into a house and the homeowner didnt see anything.... unless shooters in the large urban areas are caught on video they tend to get away with shootings and murders due to neighbors or witnesses intimidated, scared or dont trust the police to protect them now a days. And in the niccodemo trial you have a neighborhood postman freely talking to police who did the shooting along with 2 others, so like PB said times have changed. The mob rat operating out in the open where he came from is classic

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 11:56 AM

I agree with both of you guys in a way. I think a white guy who rats can come back to his neighborhood a lot easier than a black guy can go back to his. They know now to go back or they will be killed. The white guys doesn't think he will be killed. But I think a white guy who doesnt live in a black neighborhood is more likely to rat on a black guy than a white guy from his neighborhood. Hope that made sense.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 11:57 AM

I watch 48 hours to...I can't believe how easy they get those guys to rat. But it is TV...they don't show the other side as much. They were complaints about that TV show because of it and they been showing the other side a little more but still not as much.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 12:07 PM

Are you talking about "48 hours" or "the first 48"? If it's "the first 48", then I agree it's absurd how they always confess without pressure. In an episode they even solved a contract killing in Las Vegas in a couple of hours because the middleman who found the hitman gave everybody up immediately after being asked the same question twice. He might as well have gone to the police himself even before the hit was done.

I can understand this happening after drunken riots or crimes of passion, but with organized/business related crime such behavior looks like a comedy movie.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Are you talking about "48 hours" or "the first 48"? If it's "the first 48", then I agree it's absurd how they always confess without pressure. In an episode they even solved a contract killing in Las Vegas in a couple of hours because the middleman who found the hitman gave everybody up immediately after being asked the same question twice. He might as well have gone to the police himself even before the hit was done.

I can understand this happening after drunken riots or crimes of passion, but with organized/business related crime such behavior looks like a comedy movie.

It's like the ending of an episode of "CSI Miami." Even the most hardened career criminals give Horatio a full confession in the last five minutes of the show lol.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 12:33 PM

It's like the ending of an episode of "CSI Miami." Even the most hardened career criminals give Horatio a full confession in the last five minutes of the show lol.

Exactly. It had the same level of incompetence as the Nicodemo hit:

first, they find a body with a cell phone near it and track the phone call. They arrest the last person the victim was talking to and ask him about the murder. He doesn't say anything or says he doesn't know, something like that. They insist by asking the same question and he immediately says: "ok, it was a hit. My boss asked me to find somebody to bump this guy off because he was badmouthing our club after being fired". So he gives up everyone involved, takes part in a sting operation to record on tape the ones who gave the order, and at the end he gets the longest sentence of them all after the trial, while the hitman only gets several years for conspiracy to commit murder even though he pulled the trigger.

If they made a movie out of this, there is no way they could have kept it serious without changing the story, really.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 01:39 PM

You know how he breaks him down he throws a pair of "kneepads" on the table and says.."you can take some time to think about it. Then they usually confess.....

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Hamilton

You know how he breaks him down he throws a pair of "kneepads" on the table and says.."you can take some time to think about it. Then they usually confess.....

It's the Howdy Doody orange hair. It disarms them whistle.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 02:48 PM

I was talking about the First 48 Lol. Sorry for the confusion.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 02:49 PM

Sometimes I catch myself yelling at the TV and saying, "Just ask for a lawyer". But then get mad at myself cause I know the kid did it.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Hamilton

I thought imamobguy was back lol
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 06:07 PM

If I were going to throw a rock through somebody's window, I would remember to take the license plate off my car or switch license plates all together. This guy murdered somebody and couldn't remember to take off his plate.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: mldetroit
If I were going to throw a rock through somebody's window, I would remember to take the license plate off my car or switch license plates all together. This guy murdered somebody and couldn't remember to take off his plate.

It's so bizarre that that's the defense I'd use.

Your honor, my client concedes that he's a made guy in the Philadelphia Crime Family. Would a professional criminal be so stupid as to commit murder in his own car?

It's as good a defense as he's going to get. At least as good as the carjacking defense that he's using. I can't believe that it's going to matter, though. This guy looks done to me.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 07:07 PM

I hope they won't work out a plea agreement. Asking less than a life sentence is like putting a seal on his mouth forever, he would handle 15-20 years, especially with the possibility of parole. So we would never know who did what in the Philadelphia mob in the last 20 years.
That's why I don't hate criminals with weak personalities who are quick to inform. If everybody was a "tough, stand-up" guy, the mafia books we are reading would be thinner than a child's school copybook because of lack of information.

By the way, what's Nicodemo's reputation? If you had to bet money, will he talk if sentenced to life or not?

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 09:51 PM

If I had to bet money, I would say he flips if he gets life.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/18/14 10:41 PM

If I had to bet money, I would say he flips if he gets life.

That goes for about 99% of people. Wiseguy, Crip, Blood, whatever.

This isnt 1950 anymore. Not by a Loooong shot.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/19/14 01:03 AM

By the way, what's Nicodemo's reputation? If you had to bet money, will he talk if sentenced to life or not?

He's as tough a guy as there is in Philly, but that doesn't matter a lot when you're facing life in prison.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/19/14 06:59 AM

You're right he's as tough as they come in south philly but facing life for not pulling the trigger just won't happen...smoke show wife and young kids .. Doesn't look good for SP or the crew..unless something like OJ or Casey Anthony happens

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/19/14 09:19 AM

I said this earlier in this thread. Criminals, sociopaths, etc., do not think like normal people. They don't have a concious like normal people. It seems like they only "regret" their actions after they've had their freedom taken away.

With that said, this guy may not flip right away. He may convince himself that he can do the time but, after a few years his atitude may change.

Let's not forget, we are talking about a guy who is accused of participating in a murder, in broad daylight, in mid-december.

Me? I am obviously interested in criminality; i follow a fucking mob website on my free time. BUT, BUT, BUT, no matter how whacked out I got, partying during the day gearing up forthe holidays, I never, ever, ever thought it would be cool to kill someone for christmas. That's SOCIOPATH thinking.

Re: Nicodemo Trial - 06/25/14 11:18 PM

Dom was at the Z bar earlier around 6o'clock doing shots of patron.was told he looked light he didnt have a worry in the world.i wonder if hes still there now? Is their any philly guys from this forum that are members of that club?

You ever been to Zee Bar they just give you a little paper card that you scribble your name on and it says your a member. A lot of people party there it's right off Delaware Ave plus Delilahs is right next door.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET