Home

What's happening with the Decavalcante family

Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/13/14 05:21 PM

Who's running the family Gurraci or Riggi seems most likely to be Gurraci since he's younger and apparently Mirandas Underboss but seems unlikely since he's the same age as Riggi, but no doubt Vitabile is still Consigliere due to his comfort in that position.

Is there an official hierarchy or are they completely scattered?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/13/14 05:27 PM

Captain sal timpani and the guy who was supposedly the official underboss jimmy Palermo died earlier this year so there is defo a void in wots left of the family
Posted By: DelcoNostra

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/13/14 05:39 PM

Is Riggi on the streets? Gurraci got jammed up for extorting that pizza shop but is still out and about I believe. If he can stay out of trouble, he is still young and in a good position to try and rebuild from a "glorified crew" as Carmine Lupertazzi would call them if this was real life..
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/13/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: DelcoNostra
Is Riggi on the streets? Gurraci got jammed up for extorting that pizza shop but is still out and about I believe. If he can stay out of trouble, he is still young and in a good position to try and rebuild from a "glorified crew" as Carmine Lupertazzi would call them if this was real life..

all Guracci got for that was 6 months of house arrest and that was in 2012, so he's a free man, and he stayed acting boss through the whole time of being indicted and being under house arrest, and i believe he sill is acting boss now.

ya riggi was released almost 2 years ago now.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/13/14 06:16 PM

Thanks for the update Dellecroce, I knew that was a few years ago but damn time flies! I felt like I read that story yesterday... Riggi probably still has string pull I would think. I never read much about either of them. Are they considered allies? In a fam that small it might not really matter

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/13/14 06:36 PM

Allies? i have no idea, but it was Riggi who inducted Guaracci into the family back in the 90s, and only Riggi could've have made Guaracci acting boss.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 10:17 AM

Gurracci probably official boss by now, Riggi has been ill for ages, surely he isn't active. Miranda will never retire lol still UB, Consig Vitabile. Just my opinion.

Apparently they have 3 crews. Think Louie Eggs Consalvo skippers one, don't know who's under him but no doubt Rago will be. Pino's out next year, D'Amato and Gatto recently got out didn't they?
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 10:31 AM

Riggi has to be pretty damn old by now?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Riggi has to be pretty damn old by now?

Close to 90.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 10:58 AM

I thought so. The Eagle is still a gangster after jail and age. Him and Sonny Franzese are some hardcore guys!
Posted By: British

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 11:31 AM

Did they not bring in a fair amount of Italian born guys to rebuild the ranks?

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: British
Did they not bring in a fair amount of Italian born guys to rebuild the ranks?

Yeah, they had them Fed Ex'd over rolleyes .

You don't post much, British. But this is another topic we've discussed a million times. They don't just import Italians and Sicilians at their leisure. And who says they want to come here anyway?

Besides, the American immigration laws aren't favorable for Italians anymore.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 12:26 PM

@british

making people to "rebuild" the ranks is why the east coast mafia's are infested with rats

the decavalcante's haven't been able to run their own territory for over 70 years
Posted By: cheech

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 01:35 PM

cook, its old...we get it...every friggin post.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 02:10 PM

But given that New Jersey has 16.8% of the population of Italian origin, why isn't created a strong family as the other outside NY, (Patriarca, Philly, etc.), during the prohibitionism ?
And then there being more italian in Jersey than in the state of NY, shouldn't was more easy to made new blood ?
Posted By: British

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 03:05 PM

Fair enough, just thought I had seen that somewhere

As stated on other threads, LCN is not the career choice for many these days and who can blame them...
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
But given that New Jersey has 16.8% of the population of Italian origin, why isn't created a strong family as the other outside NY, (Patriarca, Philly, etc.), during the prohibitionism ?
And then there being more italian in Jersey than in the state of NY, shouldn't was more easy to made new blood ?

The same can be said of Philadelphia.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 03:25 PM

All the youngsters coming up in Jersey want to be involved with the Genovese family or other NY families, not a family on the way out.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

All the youngsters coming up in Jersey want to be involved with the Genovese family or other NY families, not a family on the way out.

Not sure it works that way where you pick n choose which family you want to be associated with.
Whoever's your local guy, is your guy.

Though the strong presence of the Lucchese and Genovese families definitely dilutes the recruitment pool for sure.
Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 04:06 PM

Any indication as to what rackets/scams these guys are involved in beyond the standard bookmaking/loan sharking? I know they were once quite heavily into the carpenters union, but these days it's hard to imagine anything potentially lucrative not being snapped up by the Genovese or Lucchese crews active in New Jersey.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Don_Squirreleone
Any indication as to what rackets/scams these guys are involved in beyond the standard bookmaking/loan sharking? I know they were once quite heavily into the carpenters union, but these days it's hard to imagine anything potentially lucrative not being snapped up by the Genovese or Lucchese crews active in New Jersey.

it was the family's cash cow. the Decavs influence in the construction industry was pretty much their niche while they were "in the shadows of the 5 families", and now that the govt has taken away a lot of their influence, its the reason that they're pretty much a "glorified crew" at this point. Local 394 pretty much belonged to them, but it was put under govt oversight back in 2006, which meant no more no show jobs, bid rigging, and sweet heart deals, or skimming the unions pensions, which was always their biggest moneymakers.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 06:19 PM

because new jersey lays down and takes it up the ass to new york

the jersey mafia can't hold down north jersey, atlantic city or south jersey
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 07:25 PM

IMO... I think they are keeping a Real tight circle and focusing on their legitimate adventures.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
IMO... I think they are keeping a Real tight circle and focusing on their legitimate adventures.

Of course they are. Don't pay any attention to Cook's trolling. It's all he knows.

Are the DeCavs as viable as they were twenty years ago? Hell, no. None of the families are. But they're not done yet, either.

Now the Westside Jersey faction are the heaviest guys in that state right now. By daylight. But the DeCavs still have some common interests and a VERY good friend in the Westside Bronx faction wink.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/14/14 07:50 PM

I hear you on that one PB, I'm not paying attention to anybody. I built my share of Sand Castles on here already. But your right about that, NO families are what they used to be.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 03:02 AM

This is a 2010 Decavalcante Crime Family Chart.

Posted By: JoeyBologna1234

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Of course they are. Don't pay any attention to Cook's trolling. It's all he knows.

Are the DeCavs as viable as they were twenty years ago? Hell, no. None of the families are. But they're not done yet, either.

Now the Westside Jersey faction are the heaviest guys in that state right now. By daylight. But the DeCavs still have some common interests and a VERY good friend in the Westside Bronx faction wink.

Pizzaboy you're bitching about this guy for trolling ok well I'm gonna bitch at you for your constant snitching?!
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 04:27 AM

From what I understand, the DeCavalcante guys are the one who are not capable enough to enter into one of the 5 Families. At least that's how NY sees them.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 07:30 AM

JoeyBologna1234,

Since you are pretty new here piece of advice shut up and don't fuck around with certain people on this board and PB is one of them.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeyBologna1234
Pizzaboy you're bitching about this guy for trolling ok well I'm gonna bitch at you for your constant snitching?!

Snitching? lol lol

I've never---not once---posted anything incriminating on any of these sites. Most of this stuff is common knowledge that's been posted already on other message boards, or that can be found elsewhere on the Internet.
Posted By: HenryHauglad

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 10:00 AM

Former north Jersey 'Godfather' John Riggi stays semi-retired, although he has been seen associated with some old crew members that wasn't snatch up by the feds under the earlyer indictments following the Pension scemes and Palermo-snitching, he mostly stays in his home. Even though Jersey are a small faction with small territory, they have made millions and Riggi was boss during their glory days, he probably has millions. Guaracci is the Official Don of North Jersey, although I think he is very influenced by Ralph Perna...

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: HenryHauglad
Guaracci is the Official Don of North Jersey, although I think he is very influenced by Ralph Perna...

Different families.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 10:51 AM

Hi PB, just wondering, as you said earlier on in the thread that the Westside faction is now the dominant LCN power in Jersey, how the Lucchese crews based in the state measure up in comparison to the Decavalcantes? I'm curious to know what/where their power base lies.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 11:19 AM

Hi PB, just wondering, as you said earlier on in the thread that the Westside faction is now the dominant LCN power in Jersey, how the Lucchese crews based in the state measure up in comparison to the Decavalcantes? I'm curious to know what/where their power base lies.

I'd put the DeCavs fourth behind the Westside, Luccheses and Gambinos respectively. And you can probably even make a case for them being fifth, if you want to throw the Philly family into the mix.

Like I said, the DeCavs aren't what they were twenty years ago. But they're still active and somewhat viable. Especially in trucking and other white collar endeavors in North Jersey.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 11:29 AM

Interesting, thanks for that. The Decavs have always fascinated me, I guess with the NYC families finally regaining a semblance of stability they're finding it increasingly unable to fly under the radar and pick off the scraps in the same way they did in the 90s.
Posted By: HenryHauglad

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 12:19 PM

Guaracci is the Official Don of North Jersey, although I think he is very influenced by Ralph Perna...

Different families.

Perna is Lucchese family capo, but he seems to have befriended Guaracci, therefore I am assuming Guaracci is influenced by Perna, if not the other way. Perna is obviously the most powerful of the two. Maybe he plays them, like Johnny Sack and The Sopranos?

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 09:30 PM

Perna is Lucchese family capo, but he seems to have befriended Guaracci, ..... Perna is obviously the most powerful of the two.

I wouldnt say that at all.

Originally Posted By: Scalish
JoeyBologna1234,

Since you are pretty new here piece of advice shut up and don't fuck around with certain people on this board and PB is one of them.

This.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
JoeyBologna1234,

This.

Thanks, guys. But it's not necessary. I'm a big boy smile .

And he's not technically new. He was here a few months ago as JoeySmokesBalls. He made the SAME EXACT posts about Joey Mango and snitches and blah blah blah.

SC eventually tossed him for trolling. Give it time, it'll happen again.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 10:18 PM

I'd put the DeCavs fourth behind the Westside, Luccheses and Gambinos respectively. And you can probably even make a case for them being fifth, if you want to throw the Philly family into the mix.

Like I said, the DeCavs aren't what they were twenty years ago. But they're still active and somewhat viable. Especially in trucking and other white collar endeavors in North Jersey.

being the fourth best team in your backyard is kinda rickety

north jersey ain't even that big

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/15/14 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

being the fourth best team in your backyard is kinda rickety

north jersey ain't even that big

You act like I give a shit, Cook. I'm not from Jersey, and I wouldn't piss on most wiseguys to put out fire.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 04:08 PM

show one post or i call bologna

see what i did there?

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech

show one post or i call bologna

see what i did there?

He's already gone from the site, Cheech.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 04:14 PM

too bad, would have been fun

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 05:23 PM

Thank God.
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 05:35 PM

Anyway back to the topic at hand, can the family gain at least any prominence in 'their' own territory? What's your opinion?

My opinion is that no they cannot make any form of a comeback while the New York families remain in what would be known as 'their' (the Decavalcante's) territory and their not likely to go anytime soon

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 05:50 PM

I agree as well. When there are captains from 3 of the 5 families that are considered more powerful than the boss of the Decavs, I don't see them gaining any sort of foothold into large money making rackets again like they had with construction.. Speaking of powerful jersey guys, is Depiro out of jail? He was out on bail but I never read anything after that in like 2012

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: DelcoNostra
I agree as well. When there are captains from 3 of the 5 families that are considered more powerful than the boss of the Decavs, I don't see them gaining any sort of foothold into large money making rackets again like they had with construction.. Speaking of powerful jersey guys, is Depiro out of jail? He was out on bail but I never read anything after that in like 2012

Actually some union guys from that case just pleaded guilty the other day, and Depiro is still awaiting trial-

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/hunterdo..._admits_ro.html

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 07:43 PM

Where does "Big ears" Majuri stand in the family?
Posted By: pmac

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 08:25 PM

they'll just keep inducting there kids or nephews. when Sam the plumber ran them they had a cap of 30 guys some how in the 70 tys riggi got the commission to let them up it to 60+. they were consider stronger then some of the 5 families during the 90 tys just like the bonannos cause the feds weren't focused on them. there a cool story about Vinny ocean reaching out to Vito rozzuto in Montreal about a Persian rug scheme. Vito gets caught on wire tap making fun of them. but they got the largest recruiting pool of Italians new jersey don't see how they can't rebuild. there the farmers always been yeah they can't recruit from NY but they'll go on. ttheres no more commission so they can make a family go away like they told Pittsburgh stop making guys.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 11:25 PM

I was wondering the same thing about Majuri.. Wasnt he on a panel running the family with Vinny Ocean? Hes only listed as a soldier now but I was wondering what he has been doing.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 11:41 PM

He was on the panel back then he and Vinny Ocean tried killing each other.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/16/14 11:55 PM

So Vinny got locked up and Majuri got pushed down to soldier?

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 09:03 AM

Vinny became a rat to no?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 09:09 AM

Yeah, and apparently he's now pimping and slinging dope in Houston.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 01:02 PM

Yeah I heard that to, I think he got busted for something to do with his strip joint I think.
Posted By: pmac

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 01:07 PM

think he runs a hustler club down there in Houston guy must be loaded. good book about the decav family I remember the name but its by smith. vinny ocean was recorderd people before he flipped, he was close friends with that porno king in nyc with the super mansion in manhatten with a gold in door pool. he ran a club in queens called wiggles or some shit, nyc has some weird strip club laws, is it no lap dances or something. I went to a strip around my way kids were smoking blunts in the place and I was the oldest guy there sad.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 01:14 PM

[
Originally Posted By: pmac
think he runs a hustler club down there in Houston guy must be loaded. good book about the decav family I remember the name but its by smith. vinny ocean was recorderd people before he flipped, he was close friends with that porno king in nyc with the super mansion in manhatten with a gold in door pool. he ran a club in queens called wiggles or some shit, nyc has some weird strip club laws, is it no lap dances or something. I went to a strip around my way kids were smoking blunts in the place and I was the oldest guy there sad.
The book was called Made Men by Greg Smith. The porno guy your talking about was Bob Guccione.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

With a crew of cowboys, and they're all making money. It's very telling.

The guy has almost nothing to fear by way of retribution. He's in virtually the same business that made him wealthy when he was living in Massapequa. And he still has a Federal handler to run to if things get sticky.

It's disgraceful. But is it any wonder why guys aren't afraid to testify anymore?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

With a crew of cowboys, and they're all making money. It's very telling.

The guy has almost nothing to fear by way of retribution. He's in virtually the same business that made him wealthy when he was living in Massapequa. And he still has a Federal handler to run to if things get sticky.

It's disgraceful. But is it any wonder why guys aren't afraid to testify anymore?

Indeed, his ratting kinda turned into a succes story as he's basically running the Houston Dixie mafia lol
Posted By: F_white

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/17/14 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: pmac

u need to go to the stripclubs in the southsuburbs of chicago or northwest indiana

fuck a lapdance, you'll catch claps or worsee in those mothafuckas

people smoking blunts and selling bud infront of the police
madGIVING US A BAD NAME!

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/19/14 12:57 PM

This is a Decavalcante Chart

Boss: John "The Eagle/Uncle John" Riggi/85
Acting Boss: Frank Guaracci
Underboss: Joseph Miranda/86
Consigliere: Stefano "Steve the Truck Driver" Vitabile/74

Captains:
1. Philip Abramo/64 (IP/1/21/2018)
2. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Giaccobe
3. Giuseppe "Pino" Schifilliti/71 (IP/11/30/2015)

Soldiers:
1. Gaetano Alessi
2. Jerry Balzano
3. Daniel "Danny" Annunziata
4. Anthony DeMaio Sr.
5. James Castaldo/53
6. Amelio Cocchiaro
7. Rosario “Russell” Cocchiaro/68
8. Joseph Collina/62
9. Louis "Louie Eggs" Consalvo/52
10. Carl Corsentino
11. Nicholas “Nick” Cottone
12. Frank D'Amato/62
13. James Gallo/65 (IP/12/22/2021)
14. Francesco “Joe” Gatto/68
15. Leonardo “Larry” Giacobbe
16. Francesco “Frank” Guarraci/55 (UI)
17. Girolamo Guarraggi
18. Charles "Fat Charlie/Big Ears" Majuri/69
19. Anthony "Marshmallow" Mannarino/64
20. Mimmo Marzullo
21. Joseph Merlo Jr/70
22. Joseph “Joey” Merlo III/41
23. Michael Merlo/49
24. Joseph Miglorato
25. Frank Nigro/67
26. Robert "Bobby Basile" Occhipiti
27. Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo/72
28. Francesco Paparatto/75
29. Salvatore “Sal” Polizzi
30. Gregory Rago/50 (IP/11/15/2014)
31. Emmanuel "Manny" Riggi
32. John "Junior" Riggi/58
33. Vincent Riggi/58
34. Joseph "Tin Ear" Sclafani/72
35. Charles "Charlie the Hat" Stango
36. Salvatore Timpani
37. Gaetano "Corky" Vastola

Possible Members:
Joseph Venditti

Members Who Have Died Since 2000:
Joseph “Joe C” Caruano (2000)
Giacomo “Jake” Colletti (2002)
Joseph Colletti
Anthony DeMaio Sr. (2010)
Joseph “JoJo” Ferrara (2007)
Philip “The Undertaker” LaMella
Joseph Merlo Sr.
Ralph Micale (2003)
Simone "Daddy" Palermo (2005)
Frank Polizzi (2001)
Larry Schiro
Anthony Staiti (2001)
Charles “Charlie” Stango (2004)
Louis Talese (2001)

Members Who Have Flipped:
1. Anthony Capo/Soldier (2000)
2. Vincent "Vinny Ocean" Palermo/Captain/Ruling Panel (2000)
3. Anthony Rotondo/Captain (2001)

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/19/14 08:00 PM

What year is that from Furio? Cause some guys have passed away on that list this year.

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/19/14 08:06 PM

yeah Sal Timpani and Jimmy Palermo have both died.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/19/14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Jimmy related to Vinny? What's Vinny been up too? Did he take half the family with him down there and they took over and gave a portion to the local county

Re: What's happening with the Decavalcante family - 05/20/14 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeyO
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Jimmy related to Vinny? What's Vinny been up too? Did he take half the family with him down there and they took over and gave a portion to the local county

No.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET