Home

La Cosa Nostra and Drugs

Posted By: philipbracci

La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/13/14 01:49 PM

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what La Cosa Nostra's role was in the drugs trade was or still is?

Back in the day they ran the heroin in the US but eventually got busted and South American gangs took over. What role did the LCN have in the drug business after the French Connection era? Did they supply other organized crime gangs or did some just distribute to other wiseguys who sold it on down the line to neighbourhood dealers until it hit the street. And lastly I hear from Jerry Capeci that most just sell drugs--i think he means by that, that they are street corner dealer. If anyone has any info please reply thanks
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/13/14 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: philipbracci
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what La Cosa Nostra's role was in the drugs trade was or still is?

Back in the day they ran the heroin in the US but eventually got busted and South American gangs took over. What role did the LCN have in the drug business after the French Connection era? Did they supply other organized crime gangs or did some just distribute to other wiseguys who sold it on down the line to neighbourhood dealers until it hit the street. And lastly I hear from Jerry Capeci that most just sell drugs--i think he means by that, that they are street corner dealer. If anyone has any info please reply thanks

Just because they got busted doesn't mean they stopped. The bosses and mafia figures always claimed it was against the rules but they're still involved in it they have different outlets they can use and different territories.

They obviously adapt with the time and keep up on trends Google: Sally "KO" Larca (Genovese) and Basicano's sons moving a ton of loud all over NYC and NYS....It's not your china white but it's highly profitable especially on a big scale. Pills also all the senior members of the crimes families pass their oxy 30 scripts,Perk 10's,Prometh/COD Syp off to someone for an extra $2-3 G's a month to pay for their big new Buick lacrosse which is still sporty looking but it's lowkey!
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/13/14 06:54 PM

For years heroin was pretty much the only game in town. Through it's trans-Atlantic connections with the Sicilians, the LCN was able to dominate that trade; either by direct involvement or collecting a tax from Sicilian traffickers. It was mainly importing and/or wholesaling.

As I've mentioned before, the big shift came when cocaine and marijuana came on the scene on a big scale. Geographically speaking, the LCN was never in a position to control those drugs and they eclipsed heroin in popularity.

After the fall of the Pizza Connection, the Chinese became dominant players in the heroin trade for a while but would soon edged aside themselves by Colombians and later Mexicans who begun refining their own high-grade product, along with trafficking in other drugs.

Today the LCN is still involved in the drug trade, especially the New York families, but it has been marginalized.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/13/14 06:57 PM

Come on, Ivy. Have you learned nothing from Dan? grin

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/18/14 12:19 PM

Hi pizza what do you mean by that?

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/18/14 12:26 PM

Hi pizza what do you mean by that?

It's an inside joke about a poster from another board. It really doesn't belong here. so I apologize for the confusion.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/18/14 12:27 PM

The commissions ban on drug dealing was basically a warning to not get caught , nothing more

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/18/14 12:35 PM

Pizza no problem. If u listen to the "experts" they say most of the modern day mob makes their money from dealing. I just want to know are they still big wholesalers or just small time retailers or in Jerry Valencia opinion street corner dealers

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/18/14 12:45 PM

sorry meant Jerry Capeci lol
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/19/14 09:55 AM

Actual made guys would wholesale and guido wannabes would sling it on the street.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/19/14 08:43 PM

anyone with 210K buy money and good security can join the drug trade...

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 09:45 AM

Thanks guys
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Come on, Ivy. Have you learned nothing from Dan? grin

All I learned from that guy is that even the functionally retarded can manipulate a keyboard.

Pizza no problem. If u listen to the "experts" they say most of the modern day mob makes their money from dealing. I just want to know are they still big wholesalers or just small time retailers or in Jerry Valencia opinion street corner dealers

I don't recall Capeci ever saying most of the mob makes it's money from drug dealing or that most are just street corner dealers. Neither would be true.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 03:28 PM

What's some examples of the jail sentences like years and so on if caught wholesaling drugs? 15 yrs 25yrs?
Posted By: NNY78

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
What's some examples of the jail sentences like years and so on if caught wholesaling drugs? 15 yrs 25yrs?

DonMega1888,

Here is a link to the USSC website, it has all the current federal sentencing guidelines for the various illicit narcotics. Many factors play a role in what a person gets for a sentence and there are mandatory minimums for some drug offenses regardless of the circumstances.There is a movement currently underway in many government and social science circles to move away from mandatory minimums for financial and humanitarian reasons. Hope this helps.

http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/...icking_2013.pdf

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: NNY78
There is a movement currently underway in many government and social science circles to move away from mandatory minimums for financial and humanitarian reasons. Hope this helps.

And I'd support those changes for addicts and other bottom feeders who are only dealing to feed their addiction/disease.

But in the case of some high level dealer who's already driving a Mercedes and gets caught with 500k cash in his basement?

Three words for you: No . . . Fucking . . . Way.

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: NNY78
There is a movement currently underway in many government and social science circles to move away from mandatory minimums for financial and humanitarian reasons. Hope this helps.

And I'd support those changes for addicts and other bottom feeders who are only dealing to feed their addiction/disease.

But in the case of some high level dealer who's already driving a Mercedes and gets caught with 500k cash in his basement?

Three words for you: No . . . Fucking . . . Way.

I agree PB, the black hearted scumbags producing and distributing this poison deserve the maximum sentence allowed and the street level guys deserve a stiff sentence too, I don't think any sane person would argue that. I think were it gets tricky is the with the minimum mandatory sentencing which handcuffs the Judges and treats all defendants the same regardless of their circumstances. Let me use Florida law as an example because I haven't lived in Brooklyn since 92 and am not current on New York drug sentencing guidelines. Down here the State drugs laws are very harsh. Here is one example: If you are arrested in possession of 7 or more hydrocodone tablets without a prescription you are automatically charged with possession with attempt to distribute which carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years in jail. Now if you are convicted of that charge the Judge is not allowed to take into consideration any mitigating circumstance so he is required to give the same minimum 5 year sentence to the guy that swiped 7 pills from his Grandma's medicine chest for his personal use as the guy who works a crew that doctor shops and sells thousands of pills a week at $30 a pop. Now the Judge can certainly give the dealer more time but he can't give the kid one day less than 5 years and there is no parole in Florida. There are other examples, but this is one of the more frightening ones. You know I have a soft spot for the folks struggling with addiction as does Mrs. PB, so as always thank you for the feedback.
Posted By: cheech

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 06:40 PM

Those Rockefeller laws were some of the worst I've seen. A kid with a gram of crack gets 5 years. A kid with an eight ball of coke gets probation. Guess what race sold which drug?

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 06:42 PM

And anybody telling you that Mafiosi didn't deal drugs they don't know what the fuck there talking about. Even the saint Carlo gambino took proceeds from drug money and even knowingly financed it. And I don't see a big difference between bootlegging during prohibition and drug dealing.

Fortunes were made and lives were ruined. Sometimes both happens to the same person.

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 06:43 PM

^^^^

Yeah, it's a real Catch 22. But Jesus, laws are made and amended every day in this country. You'd think there would be a cut and dry way to separate users from kingpins in the eyes of the law.

It's the very reason why the old "Rockefeller Laws" up here were such a disaster. They were finally amended a bit back in 2009. But if you ask me, it was too little, too late.

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 07:47 PM

Those laws were awful.

The more ppl they send to prison the more cheap labor they have. I'm totally against prisons becoming privatized for profit but that's exactly what's going on. Sad. I've seen cases where judges get kickbacks for harsher sentences. These private companies find some shit hole town that's about to go bankrupt and this creates jobs. Everyone is happy just to be working and stimulate the local economy they don't see the bigger picture.

Sorry for rant off topic.

Back to drugs and la cosa Nostra rolleyes

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 07:49 PM

I'm not in favor of mandatory anything. Every case is different why take common sense from a judge.

Same at work. Mandatory 50 calls a day. Well what if my day dictates I can't. Call a bunch of busy numbers? Just cause.
Nothing mandatory works. Use common sense. Do the right thing. And nine out of ten times you'll come away fine.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 07:53 PM

The problem is each party is SHIT scared of being called soft on crime. Forget the deets.

If a Dem (or Repuclican for that matter) ran on reducing mandatory sentences for specific drug offenses he'd get PR blitzed out of the race on day one. Regardless the actual proposed changes.

Sadly, it's not in the cards for a long LONG time.

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 07:56 PM

And that's why I have no allegiance to either party.

Here is what I would do. No more career politicians. You get a 4 year term and you can run one more time after. Then....you're done. Get in. Help the people. Get out

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 08:05 PM

Funny you should say Cheech.

There is a system in which there is ZERO corruption, vested interest, career politicians, predjudice against any race creed group.

Its a Lottery. Representatives are selected to serve 4 year (or whatever) terms drawn from the civilian population via lottery.
Sounds funny but the more you think about it, the more sense it actually makes.

Food for thought. But I digress. My mother warned me about politics at the dinner table...

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 08:17 PM

I like that sonny. Similar approach to what I was saying.

Govt isn't for the people any more. It's for corporations. Special interest and lobbyist groups. A shame.

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/20/14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
Govt isn't for the people any more. It's for corporations. Special interest and lobbyist groups. A shame.

Amen to that mate, sadly.
Posted By: 22

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/21/14 07:26 PM

You know people are always broke,they have bills,families,and so-on,but somehow someway they can afford drugs,mainly cocaine.I saw a picture in the NY Post today of 383 kilograms of coke in like 16 suitcases as evidence in the re-trial of Eddie Badia.Apparantley he got popped in 2003 and got 25-life but that got overturned.Its impossible for the demand to be that great,thats just 1 guy and 4 of his cohorts.The jurors were stunned when they saw this.I thought I've seen everything but that was mind-boggling.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/21/14 07:45 PM

scum bag street dealers...duhhhh duhhhhhhh... me no want 80 dollars worth of coconut flavored aspirin... pardoname yo no quiero wiener schnitzel either... LOSERRRR

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/21/14 08:06 PM

The mob has been in junk since day one. The mob is still in junk today. There's not much else to say.

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/21/14 11:49 PM

Paprincess I rarely have a fucking clue what you are talking about.
Posted By: HandsomeHarry

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/22/14 02:42 AM

America is a disaster plain and simple. The entire world is a disaster for that matter. We are screwed!

Re: La Cosa Nostra and Drugs - 05/22/14 06:16 PM

Handsomeharry I agree! These two scumbags should be punished with a overdose of their own medicine.

"New York Heroin Market Growing to Meet Demand"

On Monday, authorities announced the arrest of two suspected high-level drug traffickers based in the Bronx. Authorities seized 53 pounds of heroin, assault rifles, $85,000 in cash, and about 20 pounds of cocaine. This is just the latest glimpse into the burgeoning heroin market in New York City, where the flow of heroin has peaked in more than two decades, fueled by a growing demand for the drug on the East Coast.

Roughly 35 percent of heroin seized nationwide since October by the Drug Enforcement Administration was confiscated by agents in New York State. Compare this to years past, when the state accounted for about one-fifth of heroin seizures nationwide. “It’s cheap, it’s potent and there’s a user demand here right now and they’re flooding the market,” said James J. Hunt, head of the DEA’s New York office. “In my time, we’ve never seen the amount of large heroin seizures like this.”

More than 288 pounds of heroin were seized in the city in the first four months of 2014, according to the office of special narcotics prosecutor Bridget G. Brennan. Brennan’s office is focused on large-scale operations, so this figure does not account for everyday street-level trafficking in the city. The amount of heroin seized in investigations involving Brennan’s office already surpassed last year, and every year since 1991.

Heroin use is on the rise nationwide, especially among young middle-class users from Maine to Staten Island. Heroin suppliers have flocked to New York because it is a hub with a thriving local market and easy access to other places along the East Coast. “This is highly organized, high volume, and it’s being moved much more efficiently and effectively to reach out to a broader user base,” Brennan said.

http://bronx.news12.com/news/bronx-men-g...3?firstfree=yes
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET