Home

What were the mob hangouts you have been to?

Posted By: Footreads

What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/12/14 02:49 AM

I thought it might be fun to know

Some of mine were Areo Resturante in BayRidge, Brooklyn

Chateau Pelham in the Bronx

Rao's in east Harlem

19 hole bar was in Bensenhurt

Among others

Posted By: FVC

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/12/14 07:08 AM

Chateau Pelham.....my parents got married their. I herd that place was great back in the day
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/12/14 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: FVC
Chateau Pelham.....my parents got married their. I herd that place was great back in the day

God, do I remember that place grin .

Tony Amendola was one of the sweetest old men that ever walked Westchester Avenue smile.
Posted By: cheech

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/12/14 10:24 AM

i grew up in saint mary madelines social club on wooster st in new haven

we pitched quarters in the kitchenette and during christmas santa came, i always got a puzzle and i hated puzzles...my cousins died in a fire and they put their pictures up...all i remember

the avest was always fun, used to be down the whole street, now its in a parking lot mad
Posted By: Flushing

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/12/14 08:20 PM

Parkside Restaurant, Corona
Matteo's, Howard Beach
Central Booking, Queens, NY

Also, grew up a few blocks from this place:
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news...rticle-1.746970
Posted By: gram6814

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/13/14 01:49 PM

I've been to the Ravenite (but waited outside)
Posted By: oldirtyfishkilla

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/17/14 09:20 PM

I've been to the following spots:

Cascone's Restaurant in KC
Char-Pal Lounge (not inside) in Tampa, FL
The Columbia in Tampa, FL
La Tropicana in Tampa, FL (deviled crab is amazing!)

Maybe some others but can't remember...
Posted By: Skinny

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/17/14 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Flushing
Parkside Restaurant, Corona
Matteo's, Howard Beach
Central Booking, Queens, NY

Also, grew up a few blocks from this place:
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news...rticle-1.746970

FUCKING LOVE Matteo's... I feel like I've chilled with the entire staff there, one of my best friends still works there. never with the connected guys or anything but still everyone knows who they are... Tommy sneakers and a lot of old gotti guys (like one of the owners).
Posted By: Lilange

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By: cheech

we pitched quarters in the kitchenette and during christmas santa came, i always got a puzzle and i hated puzzles...my cousins died in a fire and they put their pictures up...all i remember

the avest was always fun, used to be down the whole street, now its in a parking lot mad

Cheech you a Sally's guy or pepe. I love Sally's haven't been for a few years I know that flo passed a few years back

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 07:39 AM

I'm a Sally's guy. They are currently selling. Sad

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 07:47 AM

I'm a Sally's guy. They are currently selling. Sad

Wow. I'm from ny and everyone talks about ny pizza but Sally's is my favorite I don't know if the 2 hr wait made it taste any better the first time after that I would make a reservation and go every few months. Places don't exist like that anymore very sad.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 04:23 PM

I used to work the front door at Memories Nightclub in Margate at the shore. South Philly's hangout spot for the summer.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilange

Cheech you a Sally's guy or pepe. I love Sally's haven't been for a few years I know that flo passed a few years back

last time i was in Connecticut i got pepes, i guess it was alright, i just couldn't get over the way they cut their pizzas, the fuck is that about?
Posted By: bobbyvegas

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 05:09 PM

Boca club resort. Theirs gangsters in there everyday

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: bobbyvegas

My niece got married there. They wanted to do a "destination" wedding on one of the islands. My brother-in-law told her he wasn't paying for any wedding where they didn't speak English as a first language lol.

They did a beautiful job, though. And it ended up costing about 100k. Fucking crazy what we do for our kids smile.

Oh, and being the golf junkie that I am, I have to mention that the golf course is stellar. When we're in Florida we live in neighboring Delray Beach, so I had played it before through a member. But when you're staying there you get the full ride. It's really something else.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 05:57 PM

Bobbyvegas,

Are you talking about the Boca Raton Resort and Club on Camino Real in Florida? You are kidding right?
Posted By: secondcoming

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 06:01 PM

Satin dolls in nj back when a relative had a piece of it. Long time ago in the 90s. You know it as bada Bing

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
FUCKING LOVE Matteo's...

Of course you do. Can you even buy garlic and olive olive oil in Georgia? tongue grin

Love ya, Skin. But I couldn't resist lol.
Posted By: bobbyvegas

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/18/14 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: NNY78

Bobbyvegas,

Are you talking about the Boca Raton Resort and Club on Camino Real in Florida? You are kidding right?

no joke. Thats my spot when i visit south florida. I have a friend, him and his wife spend a lotta time at the resort.Bar Luna is my spot.lotta characters in that joint

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

last time i was in Connecticut i got pepes, i guess it was alright, i just couldn't get over the way they cut their pizzas, the fuck is that about?

i dont like the sq pie they make...i go to the place next door called The Spot...its there original location and the same pie just in a circle...no wait either...the yuppies havent figured out thats its the same pie yet.

i wont wait for fucking pizza ever in my life. i refuse.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

My niece got married there. They wanted to do a "destination" wedding on one of the islands. By brother-in-law told her he wasn't paying for any wedding where they didn't speak English as a first language lol.

They did a beautiful job, though. And it ended up costing about 100k. Fucking crazy what we do for our kids smile.

Oh, and being the golf junkie that I am, I have to mention that the golf course is stellar. When we're in Florida we live in neighboring Delray Beach, so I had played it before through a member. But when you're staying their you get the full ride. It's really something else.

its where my brother in law got married 2 years ago...place is gorgeous...didn't get to play...we stay about 5-10 mins from there every february (as you know)

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 12:56 PM

its where my brother in law got married 2 years ago...place is gorgeous...didn't get to play...we stay about 5-10 mins from there every february (as you know)

That's what's nice about Boca. Even in you're on the west side of town, you're never more than a ten minute drive to either Mizner Park or the Town Center or the beach itself.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 03:22 PM

went to Mizner park for the first time a few months ago, cant remember the name of the place...wasnt bad...ate outside...the stone crab cost an arm and a leg though...better to go to th fish market yourself

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 03:25 PM

still if you like seafood and you never had a stone crab youre missing out...

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

My brother won't eat the pizza he can't stand the way the slice it up only Sally and peeps I've seen them slice it like that
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 04:58 PM

@cheech

u paid an arm and a leg for some stolen fucking food......that's kinda fucked up

i saw on tv one day that lobsters were literally about 2 bucks in maine

if i stayed on the east coast, i'd drive to maine, stock up and then drive back home
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/19/14 07:27 PM

Belmont Tavern, Belleville NJ. Good Chicken Savoy.
Posted By: ScottD

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/21/14 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: oldirtyfishkilla

La Tropicana in Tampa, FL (deviled crab is amazing!)

As are their Cuban sandwiches.

on places I've been:
Pretty much every one in Tampa/St. Pete
Gaetanos in Denver
Richards Bar in Chicago
Green Mill - Chicago (Capone era)
Most of the Grand Ave crew sites in Chicago
What's left of the old hangouts in North Bay Village, Miami
Gemini Club- Boston
Four social clubs in Bridgeport, Chicago
Sons of Italy Boston Lodge
Carmine Dinunzio's Cheese Shop- Boston North End
Winter Hill- Somerville
Most of the old social clubs and restaurants in lower Manhattan (Little Italy, the Village, Chinatown)
Social clubs in the Ironbound- Newark

probably more I can't recall.- many were just photos outside, while some I went into- mainly the bars and restos.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/21/14 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@cheech

u paid an arm and a leg for some stolen fucking food......that's kinda fucked up

if i stayed on the east coast, i'd drive to maine, stock up and then drive back home

What the fuck are you even talking about. What was stolen?

Lobsters are 5.99 a lbs where I am at stews all summer. Why would I drive 7 hours to pay 3 dollars a pound more when gas is 4 dollars a gallon.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/21/14 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@cheech

What the fuck are you even talking about. What was stolen?

Lobsters are 5.99 a lbs where I am at stews all summer. Why would I drive 7 hours to pay 3 dollars a pound more when gas is 4 dollars a gallon.

Don't waste your time, Cheech. Cook thinks trickle down economics is a bladder disorder.
Posted By: SC

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/21/14 07:43 PM

Some of the older New Yorkers will remember this big mob hangout - Ben Maksik's Town and Country Club. It was a nightclub in southern Brooklyn during the '50s and '60s. Lots of wiseguys!
Posted By: Footreads

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/21/14 08:03 PM

See the movie

All saints day it was made in 2000. One of my sons Friends made it in Brooklyn. I helped finance it because the script made me laugh out loud. Then I didn't think anything was funny.

They rob a seafood place famous for their lobster.

It has some very funny scenes in it. This move actually made money. It s much better then stealing. Even though it is about stealing. Let me know if you dug it.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/27/14 09:12 AM

If I was in NYC it'd be demeo hangout and hells kitchen

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/27/14 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
If I was in NYC it'd be demeo hangout and hells kitchen

Hell's kitchen isn't a hangout. It's a neighborhood lol.

Scratch that, Hell's Kitchen used to be a neighborhood. It's called Clinton now. Starbucks. Panera Bread. A Yuppie's wet dream rolleyes.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/27/14 06:51 PM

Brooklyn.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/30/14 12:56 PM

Here are a few of the Florida Mob hangouts in years past that are mentioned in this article from The Sun-Sentinel.

​In light of Scott Rothstein's alleged Mafiosi takedown of alleged Sicilian mobster Roberto Settineri, the Sun-Sentinel this morning attempted to explain the Mafia's presence in Broward County.

It made brief mention of Al Capone, Meyer Lansky, and Nicky Scarfo, but it was a superficial gloss-over with a few quotes from so-called experts. If you really want to know about the Mafia in Broward, read on.

And the easiest way to chart the Mafia is, of course, through the ristorantes.

Take what is perhaps the county's most popular Italian place, Martorano's on Oakland Park Boulevard. It's owned by Steve Martorano, who is the nephew of infamous mobster Raymond "Long John" Martorano, a late soldier who worked with Scarfo, one of the basest and most brutal mobsters you'll ever hear about. Long John was a 74-year-old ex-con wiseguy when he was gunned down on his way to the doctor's office in 2002.

When they were under surveillance in the late '90s, veteran wiseguys like John "Sideburns" Cerella, Vinnie "The Fish" Romano, and Jimmy Tortoriello were all documented to frequent the place, according to intelligence reports from organized-crime detectives. Romano, who was mentioned in Henry Hill's autobiography (the basis for the film Goodfellas), preferred, however, to eat his fish at Due Amici, a little Italian place in a strip mall in Pompano Beach.
Those three reputed Genovese crime family soldiers, along with capo Sam Salerno, had deep tentacles in South Florida's open territory at one time. The Bonnano crime family's Anthony Rabito, a player in Joe "Donnie Brasco" Pistone's investigation, has operated in Dania Beach. Most recently, reputed Bonnano capo Gerard Chilli was busted at his restaurant, JJ's, on the Hollywood Boardwalk.

Chilli, along with numerous associates, was hit with several criminal charges in 2006, among them a charge of selling stolen salmon at the restaurant.

But when it comes to Broward, one crime family stands out: the Gambinos. And here again, that leads to a well-known restaurant chain, Bobby Rubino's A Place for Ribs restaurants, which federal court documents show began as a Mob front. Bobby Rubino himself was a low-level Mafia bagman; the man who really ran the operation was Gambino capo Ettore Zappi, a colorful character who held court for years in Broward County.

​Zappi's grandsons, Frank and Anthony Galgano, took over Bobby Rubinos, along with the progeny of another infamous mobster, the former "godfather" Paul Castellano, who was gunned down by John Gotti's crew (which of course also operated in Broward County). Paul and Joe Castellano also own another popular chain, Big Louie's Pizza. They were represented in business by lawyer Dominic Miniaci, who also has longstanding ties, along with his brother, Albert. The Miniacis have long owned Paramount Vending and, despite the ties, are generally accepted as community leaders (the performing arts center on Nova Southeastern University's campus is named for their family).
The guy who blew the whistle on Bobby Rubino's was Pasquale Nigro, whose importance as a Mafia informant dwarfs that of Rothstein's. Nigro also gave testimony about Gambino skimming from Michael Peter's strip clubs.

But the most infamous Broward case involving the Gambino family has got to be the assassination of Greek restaurateur Gus Boulis. Allegedly involved in that murder was reputed Gambino capo Anthony Moscatiello, who was charged in the Boulis hit along with two associates. Moscatiello is alleged to have masterminded the killing as a favor for businessman Adam Kidan and hence-indicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff, who had purchased Boulis' gambling operation, SunCruz. Not sure what's happening with that case, which has a big flaw: Why would Moscatiello kill Boulis without a specific order from Kidan or Abramoff, who haven't been charged? It's a question that haunts the case.

Not sure where Moscatiello liked to eat, but you can be pretty sure it wasn't Miami Subs, Boulis' restaurant chain. There may be a lot of names in this post, but it's just a small piece of Broward Mob pie. I might add more as it comes to me.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/30/14 01:09 PM

Funny you mentioned Martorano's. Nicky Eyes was in Florida with his family last month and I recommended it to them.

I don't know Philly from a hole in the wall, but I've come to know Steve fairly well down there through mutual friends. He's a sweetheart. A big teddy bear type of guy. Great food, but I can only take the noise in small doses.

And one of the guys mentioned in the article used to own a strip joint in Boynton Beach, all the way up Federal Highway, close to Woolbright. A real shit neighborhood. But they took a pinch for drugs and prostitution awhile back and got shut down.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/30/14 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Funny you mentioned Martorano's. Nicky Eyes was in Florida with his family last month and I recommended it to them.

I don't know Philly from a hole in the wall, but I've come to know Steve fairly well down there through mutual friends. He's a sweetheart. A big teddy bear type of guy. Great food, but I can only take the noise in small doses.

And one of the guys mentioned in the article used to own a strip joint in Boynton Beach, all the way up Federal Highway, close to Woolbright. A real shit neighborhood. But they took a pinch for drugs and prostitution awhile back and got shut down.

PB,

The guy was having the girls peddle coke and give happy endings in the champagne rooms if I remember correctly. Like you said very bad neighborhood, after the city closed them down they sold the lot to Walmart.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/30/14 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: NNY78
PB,

The guy was having the girls peddle coke and give happy endings in the champagne rooms if I remember correctly. Like you said very bad neighborhood, after the city closed them down they sold the lot to Walmart.

Oh, so you're familiar with Boynton grin.

They're actually trying to clean that area up, but I really think that's where the expression "the wrong side of the tracks" came from: US1 in Boynton Beach, just west of the railroad tracks lol.

Although they fairly recently built a gorgeous complex on the Boynton Marina called Marina Village. But it ended up all rentals because they couldn't meet their pre-construction price quota. Happens all the time in South Florida.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? - 05/30/14 01:55 PM

S&S Absorbents, Bronx whistle
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET