Home

Most Violent Mobsters

Posted By: Toby

Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:14 AM

Hi, Everybody.

Who were the most violent mobsters in history?

If anybody has some interesting information or stories about this subject, I would be grateful if you shared them.

Thanks.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:21 AM

I've read on this site that Roy DeMeo and people he worked with were pretty violent.

Carlo claims that Richard Kulkinski was the most violent person involved in this sort of thing; but it's debatable if half of what he said or claimed to have done for certain people is really true. Philip Carlo's book that they made into a movie do not help as there's a lot of wrong information in it apparently.

It's sad what happened to writer Philip Carlo but his books on the subject of your question you asked are poorly researched and written; but he had terminal ALS at the time.

Posted By: Extortion

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:42 AM

For the United States...

Nicky Scarfo
Carmine Galante
Roy DeMeo
Jimmy Coonan
Angelo LaPietra
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento
I've read on this site that Roy DeMeo and people he worked with were pretty violent.

Carlo claims that Richard Kulkinski was the most violent person involved in this sort of thing; but it's debatable if half of what he said or claimed to have done for certain people is really true. Philip Carlo's book that they made into a movie do not help as there's a lot of wrong information in it apparently.

It's sad what happened to writer Philip Carlo but his books on the subject of your question you asked are poorly researched and written; but he had terminal ALS at the time.

Richard Kuklinski was not a mobster, he was a hitman
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:53 AM

Don't include ang lapietra on that list.

For Chicago, destefano, nicoletti, schweihs, chiaramonti, vena, aleman, Marino, lots more

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:53 AM

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 04:17 AM

Not that ang lapietra wasn't a hard head, but his younger day exploits weren't quite as well documented as many of the other younger Taylor St guys of his era.

The hook nickname had absolutely nothing to do with some type of industrial meat hook in the basement of his mansion.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 05:30 AM

of the top of my mind....

Chicago: Mad Sam's favorite method was to shove a debtor into a telephone booth and jam an icepick into the man's stomach threatening to finish the job if he didn't get the money owed him.No need to show other examples.....

Nicoletti was eating pasta when Billy McCarthy's eye popped out from the torture.

New York:

Theres story that Neil Dellacroce once beat a man to death who was tied to a chair.He beat the guy with a hammer. When the cops found the body they thought the guy had been decapitated because his head was missing.

Posted By: Strax

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 06:50 AM

Leoluca Bagarella,Filippo Marchese,Giuseppe Greco.

Sicilian Mafia members are much more violent than american ones.

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Strax
Sicilian Mafia members are much more violent than american ones.

Not just sicilians,calabrians also....remember the Francesco Raccosta case?

I think that violence is violence,no matter the country....

There are maybe more violent examples in Italy than the U.S....but don't forget the Action Jackson case or the Albert Agueci murder....
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 09:40 AM

Really ???
Here is the real list...

Tommy Patera
DeMeo crew
Anthony Casso
Scarfo
Galante
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 09:54 AM

Greg Scarpa, Roy DeMeo, Mad Sam DeStefano, Albert Anastasia...
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 10:10 AM

Frank and nick calabrese were no slouches in the killing department either
Posted By: carmela

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 10:13 AM

Oh, the "Most Violent Mobster" thread. Has it been a month already?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Oh, the "Most Violent Mobster" thread. Has it been a month already?

lol lol

But when you ask new members to use the search function, you're "picking on them."
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 10:28 AM

Who were the guys in italy that recently fed 2 people alive to pigs.hands down tho toto riina.wasnt called the beast for nothing.he invited rosario riccobono(?spelling?) And all his top guys to dinner then killed them after they ate.fuk the valentines day massacre and 3capos murder.riina got shit done.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Richard Kuklinski was not a mobster, he was a hitman

That's what he claims but who knows if he really even worked for them? I mentioned him since when people mention Roy DeMeo some people do mention RK.

Granted RK did kill people but doing things like freezing someone for months at a time is not the style of the people he claimed he worked for.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 12:39 PM

Luciano Leggio, Richard Boiardo, Bobby Bisaccia, and everybody in the Purple Gang(Harlem) were all a bunch of crazy killers.

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
and everybody in the Purple Gang(Harlem) were all a bunch of crazy killers.

Fair enough. But most of the old Purple Gang members (the Meldishes notwithstanding) were very business minded and ended up moving up the criminal ladder by only using violence as a means to an end. Whereas most of the other guys mentioned in this thread would hurt you just for their own perverse pleasure.

What you have to realize about East Harlem back then is that guys Fat Tony, Buckaloo and Sammy Black were forever on top of the younger guys in the Purple Gang to be be earners first and thugs second. And in that respect, they weren't a "gang" in the traditional sense.

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 02:55 PM

And in that respect, they weren't a "gang" in the traditional sense. [/quote]....... They were named as, many crime syndicates have been, by a journalist who was reminded of the violent Detroit bootlegging mob of the 1920's called the Purple Gang, after the purple polo shirts they wore. Many of these young men were related to prominent organized crime figures, members of older, more traditional syndicates dealing in heroin, and had worked with the older generation doing many of the menial jobs associated with the trade. However, the younger group had become "so uncontrollable that the older traffickers would attempt to avoid them socially in an effort to evade the attention of law enforcement."
By the mid-1970s, the Purple Gang was noted for having "an enormous capacity for violence, and involvement in numerous homicides." Some were also notable for a decided "lack of respect for other members of organized crime," considering many of the old-timers to have grown fat and soft.

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:41 PM

^^^^
I'm not looking to split hairs, NJCapo35. And I'm fully aware of what was written about those guys back then. But they weren't the pack of wild dogs that the media made them out to be. That several of them ended up skippers and acting bosses with the Westside should tell you that they weren't your typical "gang."

Those reporters wouldn't know Pleasant Avenue from Pleasantville. That's all I'm saying smile .
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:51 PM

Anthony Mirra, Estimated to have killed at least 30 people. He was despised and feared by his fellow mobsters. He had unpredictable mood swings also.

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 03:52 PM

No Beef All Pork sick That wasn't posted to beef whitcha, just trying to be informative to other posters. We all know your the OC Encyclopedia here! smile
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/05/14 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Really ???
Here is the real list...

Tommy Patera
DeMeo crew
Anthony Casso
Scarfo
Galante

This is the best list. Notice every person on that list (save for a few DeMeo crew holdouts) are in prison for the rest of their lives or got filled with holes? It does not pay to be in that life and be a heavy hitter.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Don't include ang lapietra on that list.

For Chicago, destefano, nicoletti, schweihs, chiaramonti, vena, aleman, Marino, lots more
MISSSING SOMEBODY GIANCANA??? was preety brutal
Posted By: Avellino

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 05:08 AM

Iceman

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 05:12 AM

^^^ That's a human torso,stuffed in a suitcase.The cops belived that Paul The Waiter Ricca sliced off his victim's head,
arms and legs and packed it.

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 07:20 AM

Ricca & Giancana were reliable hitters, but they were placed into authoritative positions pretty early on in their careers. When I think of the legendarily violent Chicago Mafia guys I think of someone like Frank Schweihs, someone who's entire career was centered around murder & violence.
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
Who were the guys in italy that recently fed 2 people alive to pigs.

Yeah they were members of the Oppido Mamertina clan.
This is the guy who was caught on tapes bragging about the murder:

http://www.newz.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Pepe-Simone.png

And this is the boss who was eaten by the pigs.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/29/article-2515069-19B36B7F00000578-637_306x423.jpg

The calabrian 'ndrangheta is particularly violent. Recently a 3 years old toddler was burnt in a car with his grandfather, who was a member.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 03:13 PM

there all pretty violent but pitera,demeo crew, westies all that dismemberment stuff is horrible imagine stuffing someone price by piece into bags and suitcases
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 03:21 PM

What, did that guy shave his legs? No blood I know they hung him upside down to drain the blood first. Very neat is always nice.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 03:29 PM

No no that's a pic from Hannibal TV series just used as an example of how sick a process dismembent is...
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Those reporters wouldn't know Pleasant Avenue from Pleasantville. That's all I'm saying smile .

PB, speaking of pleasant avenue I haven't been down that way since 1991, are there still some locally owned Pop Stands or is it all Starbucks and Craft stores now? In your opinion was it the most mobbed up area in NYC at that time or was some of that reputation undeserved?

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: NNY78
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

PB, speaking of pleasant avenue I haven't been down that way since 1991, are there still some locally owned Pop Stands or is it all Starbucks and Craft stores now? In your opinion was it the most mobbed up area in NYC at that time or was some of that reputation undeserved?

No, it wasn't an undeserved reputation. It was mobbed up, all right. But it hasn't gentrified, either. The Mom and Pop stores haven't turned into Starbucks in East Harlem, it's just that the Moms and Pops are all Latino today.

My grandparents lived on Pleasant, between 117th and 118th, for over fifty years. My Dad grew up there, and married my Mom at Mount Carmel on 116th. And although I, myself, grew up in the Bronx, I still spent half my life in that neighborhood.

My Dad is almost 85 now and he's still on the Mount Carmel/Giglio committee, so we go back a few times a year. And take it from me, the Italians are pretty much all gone.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Most Violent Mobsters - 05/06/14 04:13 PM

PB thanks for the insights. I'm glad to hear the neighborhood has maintained some character. I haven't heard anyone mention the Mount Carmel and the Giglio Society in years. Thanks again!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET