Home

Jimmy Alto

Posted By: baldo

Jimmy Alto - 04/30/14 01:43 PM

So I was doing some research on the Al D'Arco book (which I haven't picked up yet) and it makes mention of this Jimmy Alto. There seems to be hardly any information about him. It's said in the book that he "had no boss." Any other info about him out there. What also caught my eye is that they mention Paulie Della Universita. I thought the whole "mafia judge" thing was ruled out to be a hoax or BS but here is Little Al mentioning him. It's odd that this supposedly powerful gangster is hardly mentioned on here or the other forums. Thanks.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Jimmy Alto - 04/30/14 03:12 PM

Jimmy Alto´s real name was Vincenzo Altomari. He died around 1959/1960. Lowkey made Genovese soldier. Why D´Arco described him as having no boss is a mystery to me. Could be that Capeci somehow is fooled by the Della Universita story that circulated the internet some time ago, and decided to put parts of it in the book. Jimmy Alto is listed by the FBI as a made member in their early listings. Della Universita is not.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Jimmy Alto - 04/30/14 04:14 PM

Wasn't that his club in Little Italy The Alto Knights Social Club?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Jimmy Alto - 04/30/14 04:33 PM

Could be. But I´ve always been under the impression that the Alto Knights Social Club was Pete DeFeo´s. DeFeo may have taken over the social club after Alto´s death...I don´t know.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Jimmy Alto - 01/06/19 06:37 AM

I read a few chapters of the biography. A lot of the text fits perfectly with that timeframe.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Jimmy Alto - 01/06/19 11:15 AM

https://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.com/2017/11/genovese-family-membership-chart-1930.html?m=1

Altomari-VincenzoJimmy Alto1894-1964
Posted By: downtown

Re: Jimmy Alto - 01/06/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by HairyKnuckles
Could be. But I�ve always been under the impression that the Alto Knights Social Club was Pete DeFeo�s. DeFeo may have taken over the social club after Alto�s death...I don�t know.

Joe Yacovelli late 60s into early 70s had the Alto Knights club.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET