Home

New Mafia magazine out this fall

Posted By: ScottD

New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 10:28 AM

I wanted to let you know that a new Mafia magazine is coming out this fall. It's an offshoot of Cigar City Magazine in Tampa, and will feature one-of-a-kind unique historical and current Mafia articles, my libation lounge (cocktails and spirits), and reviews of cigars. Lisa Figueredo will be publishing this as well (she's the CCM publisher and niece of Baby Joe Diez and Lou Figueredo Sr- two Tampa 'guys'). I'll be senior writer and have reached out to some other authors for articles.

Though the name is Tampa Mafia we will be featuring mob stories from all crime families and areas.

Tampa Mafia
Posted By: azguy

Re: New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 10:33 AM

neat idea, horrible name IMHO... That's like calling it Beantown Sports and talking about sports from all over the country..

What about:

Our Friends
Made
La Costa Nostra
Friends and Associates
The Social Club

My suggestions free, lmao
Posted By: ScottD

Re: New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: azguy
neat idea, horrible name IMHO... That's like calling it Beantown Sports and talking about sports from all over the country..

What about:

Our Friends
Made
La Costa Nostra
Friends and Associates
The Social Club

Point taken, though it will concentrate mainly on Tampa and Florida (already have a built-in audience).

However, I will suggest stealing one of those names!'
Posted By: NNY78

Re: New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 11:36 AM

Scott,

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to reading your new venture especially your coverage of South Florida and best wishes for much success!
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 11:59 AM

I miss going to Ybor City and watching the old guy roll cigars. Used to love that smell as a kid...
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: ScottD
Originally Posted By: azguy

What about:

Our Friends
Made
La Costa Nostra
Friends and Associates
The Social Club

Point taken, though it will concentrate mainly on Tampa and Florida (already have a built-in audience).

However, I will suggest stealing one of those names!'

This going to be a monthly magazine. Is there going to be a Center-Fold each month?
Posted By: jimmerz

Re: New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 06:36 PM

Hasn't this already been done A couple of times already?
Posted By: mike68

Re: New Mafia magazine out this fall - 04/27/14 07:31 PM

Hmmm, how about a monthly 'not coming down for breakfast' section listing any 'men of honor' who may have met an untimely demise in the past month??
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET