Home

2007 Lucchese bust NJ --

Posted By: Belmont

2007 Lucchese bust NJ -- - 04/26/14 09:25 AM

Its been 7 years and basically no indictments. I never heard or saw anything like that ever.
Anyone have insight on any plea negotiations or anything else?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 2007 Lucchese bust NJ -- - 04/26/14 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Its been 7 years and basically no indictments. I never heard or saw anything like that ever.
Anyone have insight on any plea negotiations or anything else?

There were plenty of indictments. Some of those poor guys still have judgments on their homes and freezes on their bank accounts. It's the trials themselves that keep getting postponed, and the court dates that keep getting adjourned. Matty and Joe seem to want to delay things until they die of old age, and the younger guys can't plea unless it's a global package. The prosecutors won't budge on that. And I feel bad for some of those guys. Most of them are just bookmakers who want to put it all behind them. But they can't plea out unless it's part of a package deal. And someone obviously doesn't want that wink.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: 2007 Lucchese bust NJ -- - 04/26/14 09:42 AM

Well technically all the people from that bust "operation heat" have been under indictment for years.

Theres been a few reasons for the long delay, one of the defandants alfonso cataldo wanted a court appointed attorney, but the proscution believed he could afford his own and it went all the way to the supreme court...since then catalado has died-

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2013/...defendants.html

Also there have been alot of litigation about how the defense wants a lot of the wiretaps and recordings thrown out as evidence on the grounds of some technacalities, theres been alot of speculation that if the defense cant get the recording ruled inadmissable then we might see a wave of plea deals coming in.

But i think what it comes down to is old timers like matty maddona and dinapoli trying to postpone the trial until theyre dead.

Re: 2007 Lucchese bust NJ -- - 04/26/14 09:44 AM

.....Yeah what PB said(beat me to it).
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 2007 Lucchese bust NJ -- - 04/26/14 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
.....Yeah what PB said(beat me to it).

That's because I'm old and smart, Delly lol.

Re: 2007 Lucchese bust NJ -- - 04/26/14 09:53 AM

Haha cant argue with that.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET