Home

How does the mafia drug system work

Posted By: Walkner

How does the mafia drug system work - 04/11/14 07:18 AM

It seems like every major mobster since the 70's was either directly involved with drugs, was accepting profits made from drugs, or was close enough to someone selling drugs that they could he considered part of the conspiracy.

How does it work exactly? These guy's cant possibly be out dealing drugs on their own right? I assume they use a massive amount of cash, buy a massive amount of product, and then sell it to dealer's or associates to distribute for them? Am I guessing right here?

You just read on guys like Gotti or DeMeo dealing drugs, or pretty much anyone from their generation on.. How do they do it? They cant possibly be out on a corner or in a dinner or bar or restaurant openly selling the booger sugar or H right?
Posted By: night_timer

Re: How does the mafia drug system work - 04/11/14 08:36 AM

Overall, the LCN seems to me like a pyramid or ponzi scheme with street LCN members kicking up to the bosses. It also seems pretty obvious that Gotti or DeMeo were not involved in street-level dealing - it was done by their crew members or associates or LCN probies (probationary members).
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: How does the mafia drug system work - 04/11/14 01:07 PM

Haha.how do i prospect for the genovese fam? Instead of a leather vest do u get a track suit jacket with genovese at the top and prospect at the bottom? Lol like n OMG.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: How does the mafia drug system work - 04/11/14 01:10 PM

They do it just like other organizations do it. The boss generally doesn't touch it at all, but funds people to obtain it through well established sources in large amounts.. It then goes to lower ranking people who get it into the hands of the dealer. Profits are passed back up the line to the boss with intermediate levels taking their share.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: How does the mafia drug system work - 04/11/14 03:40 PM

I think during 50s through to the early 70s the actual leadership of the families were more actively involved with drug trafficking then i think it started to change probably due to them no longer controlling the wholesale supply so its now a situation where if a capo or soldier wants to deal drugs theres no real system in place they just have to go obtain the drugs from somewhere sell them and then kick up whatever upstairs or keep it all.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET