Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 01:55 PM

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 01:57 PM

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 02:00 PM

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 02:01 PM

Can everyone see my post because I can't ??
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 02:07 PM

still blank

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 02:09 PM

I will keep trying

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 02:14 PM

Posted By: TheArm

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 04:27 PM

Don't try to go from a word program to this template, it doesnt work
Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 04:29 PM

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 04:29 PM

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 04:30 PM

what is wrong with this?

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 05:01 PM

Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 05:15 PM

Is this a new article or the one from 2013 saying jackie g is gonna take over.
Posted By: Pedasso

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 05:46 PM

Jack Tocco has officially retired after being boss of the Detroit mob for 35 years.

Jack Giacalone is officially boss. This has happened within the last month or so.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 09:57 PM

What's the source for this?
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/07/14 11:49 PM

This is the only article I've seen so...

http://aboutthemafia.com/detroit-mafia-quietly-moving-into-new-era
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 08:10 AM

I think he is talking about what Scott Burnstein posted over on the other forum last week.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 10:03 AM

Is this news to anybody,Jack is pushing 90.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 10:08 AM

No this is no surprise Jackie the kid has bee in charge of that family for quite sometime now whil Jack has been his adviser.

Jack Tocco is 86 years old now he is not as involved that is for sure.

There is also a new underboss, consigliere, street boss and capo's as per Scott Burnstein. He posted about it on another forum last week.

New underboss is La Piana and new consigliere is Tony Pal new street boss is Peter Tocco.

I also think they have one of the D'Anna brothers as a capo as well.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 11:35 AM

Hey Scalish can you copy and paste the post on here?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 11:45 AM

This a interesting article

http://aboutthemafia.com/detroit-mafia-transitions-to-new-leadership

The Detroit mafia also known as the Detroit Partnership for the first time in over thirty years now officially has a new boss. Former boss Giacomo “Jack” Tocco has now retired and the family is now being lead by new boss Jack “Jackie the Kid” Giacalone. The change over in power has been rumored for years now and has finally happened according to sources. Anthony “Chicago Tony” La Piana will serve as under boss under Giacalone but work more as a co-boss along side Jackie. Source claim that La Piana has already started to assert his power on the streets and has taken over most of the interests that belonged to former boss Jack Tocco.

Jackie Giacalone has family ties going back decades in the Detroit mob and has long been tapped as the heir apparent to the thrown. He became a captain in the mob back in the 1990′s and was appointed as street boss for the family sometime around 2000-2001. The Detroit La Cosa Nostra family remains as one of the more stable families outside of the New York mafia five families. They are believed to control rackets not only in Detroit but also in states like California, Florida, Ohio, and Texas along with Canada.

Here is a break down of the 2014 Detroit Mafia leadership from new boss Giacalone down to the families current capo’s. This is roughly what things may look like on the streets now that the change over in leadership has taken place.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 11:47 AM

Administration
Boss – Jack “Jackie the Kid” Giacalone
Underboss – Anthony “Chicago Tony” La Piana
Consiglieri – Anthony “Tony Pal/The Butterfly” Palazzola
Street Boss – Peter “Specs/Blackie” Tocco
Counselor emeritus: Giacomo “Black Jack” Tocco, Joseph “Joe Hooks” Mirabile, Dominic “Uncle Dom” Bommarito
Capos
David “Davey Donuts” Aceto
Joseph “Joey Jack/Joe Vine” Giacalone
Joseph “Joe the Hood” D’Anna
Paul “Big Paulie” Corrado
Antonino “Tony the Extermintor” Ruggirello (coming out of retirement for short-term stint until La Piana names an official successor as boss of his crew, the former Meli crew)

The low key and steady leadership which has made the Detroit mafia so successful over the years is believed to continue under the control of Giacalone. Although many believe the Detroit family will soon suffer from its older leadership base and a lack of a younger generation coming up to fill the ranks it remains a viable mob family and in the current climate that is no easy task.

For more information on the Detroit mafia and its history both Motor City Mafia:: A Century of Organized Crime in Detroit and The Detroit True Crime Chronicles: Tales of Murder and Mayhem in the Motor City are both highly recommended. Would also like to offer a special thanks to author Scott Burnstein for his help with information for this article. Get a copy of Mr. Burnstein’s books above as his insight into the Detroit mafia is second to none and both are phenomenal reads.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Administration
Boss – Jack “Jackie the Kid” Giacalone
Underboss – Anthony “Chicago Tony” La Piana
Counselor emeritus: Giacomo “Black Jack” Tocco, Joseph “Joe Hooks” Mirabile, Dominic “Uncle Dom” Bommarito
Capos
Antonino “Tony the Extermintor” Ruggirello (coming out of retirement for short-term stint until La Piana names an official successor as boss of his crew, the former Meli crew)

The low key and steady leadership which has made the Detroit mafia so successful over the years is believed to continue under the control of Giacalone. Although many believe the Detroit family will soon suffer from its older leadership base and a lack of a younger generation coming up to fill the ranks it remains a viable mob family and in the current climate that is no easy task.

For more information on the Detroit mafia and its history both Motor City Mafia:: A Century of Organized Crime in Detroit and The Detroit True Crime Chronicles: Tales of Murder and Mayhem in the Motor City are both highly recommended. Would also like to offer a special thanks to author Scott Burnstein for his help with information for this article. Get a copy of Mr. Burnstein’s books above as his insight into the Detroit mafia is second to none and both are phenomenal reads.

Thanks Furio. Your the man!

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 01:21 PM

Thanks furio , that is wot I've been trying to post since yesterday
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 02:31 PM

Scott exaggerating as usual. 5 capo's my arse.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 02:31 PM

How many do u believe there is tommy ??

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
How many do u believe there is tommy ??

Would be shocked if they have anymore then 3. Decavelante's and Philly both have 3 and there clearly bigger families. There on there last legs, probably only have 15 active made guys.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 02:43 PM

They are believed to control rackets not only in Detroit but also in states like California, Florida, Ohio, and Texas along with Canada.

lol

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 02:51 PM

Thanks Furio that's the one there is also soldier's listes as well but those are mostly the same as the last few years.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 03:03 PM

Yeah I must admit I felt there reach was a little far fetched ha ha ,

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 10:31 PM

detroit is a low key family though, whose to say they are on there last legs when they are doing everything a family should be doing and keeping things under the radar.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/08/14 11:32 PM

"Low key" is just a byword for severely reduced in manpower and activity. The Genoveses are the only truly "low key" family and they have 200+ members.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/09/14 12:19 AM

@Snakes I'm as quick as the next guy to call someone out for over estimating a crime family. But, "low key" can also mean: The perfect combination: 1) Operating in a city absolutely overridden with other shit to do with almost 0 law enforcement attention (Michigan US Attorneys are not judged by how many successful mob cases they've tried unlike NY, PA, NJ ones are). 2) The uniquely incestual family structure.

I'm not saying it's one way or the other, but that's just the devil's advocate.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/09/14 01:34 AM

I agree , low key doesn't mean they r on there last legs , the Detroit mob for me r set up in the same way as the Genovese family with panels and street bosses insulating the administration , although nowhere near as big as the Genovese family in numbers I don't believe they r on there last legs , they r a structured viable family who r prospering

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/09/14 03:23 AM

Furio, great list but why have a Counselor emeritus and Consiglieri.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/09/14 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
"Low key" is just a byword for severely reduced in manpower and activity.

This.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/09/14 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
"Low key" is just a byword for severely reduced in manpower and activity. The Genoveses are the only truly "low key" family and they have 200+ members.

they ain't gonna stay lowkey for much longer if they still have 200+ members

that's counterproductive nowadays
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/09/14 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Would be shocked if they have anymore then 3. Decavelante's and Philly both have 3 and there clearly bigger families. There on there last legs, probably only have 15 active made guys.

fyi, philly has 4 crews: north jersey, south jersey, south philly and south philly/bucks county. don't make the mistake of going to the other end of the extreme either.

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
they ain't gonna stay lowkey for much longer if they still have 200+ members. that's counterproductive nowadays.

just the nj faction of the geneovese crime family is larger than both detroit and chicago separately. +1 for the all powerful east coast mob! it feels great knowing that nj is home to such a powerful organization!

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 04:28 AM

F white,I honestly don't know why there are a Counselor emeritus and a consigliere, but I think, given that very often this these are honorific titles that are given to old soldiers who still want to have their say on the family business and don't want to completely retire . But it is my guess.

Scalish here is a list of the Detroit Partnership of 2014, thanks to Johnny_Scootch, and the site

http://organizecrime.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3133&start=90

where I got the list

This is how Scott Burnstein say the family looks today.

Detroit LCN 2014

Administration

Boss – Jack “Jackie the Kid/The Bathrobe” Giacalone
Underboss – Anthony “Chicago Tony/Tony Lop/The Loli-Pop” La Piana
Counselor emeritus: Giacomo “Black Jack” Tocco, Joseph "Joe Hooks" Mirabile, Dominic "Uncle Dom" Bommarito

Capos

“Soldiers”

Anthony “Tony Z” Zerilli (inactive/shelved)
Vito Tocco
Salvatore “Mops/Junior” Tocco
Jack “Little Jackie/Miami Jack” Tocco, Jr. (part of the year in FL)
Anthony “Nino/Smitty” Tocco
Anthony “Little Tony/Little Tawncy” Tocco, Jr. (part of the year in FL)
Joseph “Joe T” Tocco
Peter “Fat Pete” Corrado
Peter “Baby Bull” Corrado
Paul “Cousin Paulie/the Fixer” Corrado
Anthony “Nino” Corrado
Dominic “Chicago Dom” Corrado (CHI-NW IN)
Joseph “Joe White” Giacalone (Flint)
Jack “Jackie the Nose” Giacalone (FL)
Vincent “Vinnie Jack” Giacalone
Dominic “Fat Dom” Rubino
Peter “Petey Boy” Messina
Joseph “Jo Jo” Messina
Joseph "Joe the Clipper" Barbara, Jr. (semi-retired, sometimes looked to for counsel by admin)
Dominic “Big Dom” Vivio (shelved-PITT)
Frank “Frankie the Bomb” Bommarito (semi-active)
Robert “Bobby the Animal” La Puma
Gerard Di Michelle
Sam Ventilmiglia (TX)
Anthony Rugerio
Patrick Rugerio
Antonio “Toto” Ruggirello
Anthony “Little Tony Long” Cimini, Jr.
Anthony “Little Tony Razz” Randazo Jr,
Girolamo “Mimmo” D’Anna
Salvatore “Sparky” Palazzola, Jr.
Vincenzo “Vinnie Meatballs” Bronzino
John “Johnny Bananas” Sciarotta
Joseph “Joe D” Di Stefano
Eugene “Genie Boy” Baratta
Joseph “Joey the Trash Man” Tringali
Isodoro “Teddy San Diego” Matranga (CAL)
Peter “Pete the Clown” Leonardo
Louis “Butch” Stramaglia
Greektown Mike Katranis (in charge of Greektown)
William "Billy Lee" Loiacano (FL-inactive)
Joseph "Joe Gravel" Gargalino (FL-Retired)
Antonio "Tony the Zip/Dago Tony" Ciraulo (Serving a Life sentence)

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 07:46 AM

That's it good stuff Furio.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
[quote=TommyGambino]Would be shocked if they have anymore then 3. Decavelante's and Philly both have 3 and there clearly bigger families. There on there last legs, probably only have 15 active made guys.

fyi, philly has 4 crews: north jersey, south jersey, south philly and south philly/bucks county. don't make the mistake of going to the other end of the extreme either.

Scoops crew has like 2 made guys doesn't it? Tiny.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 09:50 AM

[quote=TommyGambino]Would be shocked if they have anymore then 3. Decavelante's and Philly both have 3 and there clearly bigger families. There on there last legs, probably only have 15 active made guys.

I think there's 5 total made guys in the nj crew. Seems like all their crew is into is gambling.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 09:52 AM

Thanks.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I think there's 5 total made guys in the nj crew. Seems like all their crew is into is gambling.

Names? Beeps and fazzini are only two i can think of, think Beeps is retired, Fazzini in jail. Is Nicky O made?
Posted By: jmack

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 10:53 AM

Names? Beeps and fazzini are only two i can think of, think Beeps is retired, Fazzini in jail. Is Nicky O made?

Yes, Nicky O is made.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 11:30 AM

Yeah Nicky o got made the same day as vincent centorino, john praino, George fresolone , Nicholas cifelli , they were made in john praino's house by Anthony piccolo and patty specs martirano

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Yeah Nicky o got made the same day as vincent centorino, john praino, George fresolone , Nicholas cifelli , they were made in john praino's house by Anthony piccolo and patty specs martirano

Cheers for the info. Scoops needs to make a few guys up there, Scoops and Nicky O are getting on in age, need some young guys. Fazzini is young-ish.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 12:42 PM

There's also some guy with the last name Servido. Forget his first name.

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 12:59 PM

There's also some guy with the last name Servido. Forget his first name.

Yeah, Joe Electric didn't know he was a jersey guy.
Posted By: Pedasso

Re: Detroit mob has new leadership - 04/10/14 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
F white,I honestly don't know why there are a Counselor emeritus and a consigliere, but I think, given that very often this these are honorific titles that are given to old soldiers who still want to have their say on the family business and don't want to completely retire . But it is my guess.

You're correct about the Counselor Emeritus, Furio. However, it's mainly for retired administrative members, hence why the former boss, underboss, and consigliere currently hold that slot. Tony Tocco and Vito Giacalone have been slotted here as well before they died. Soldiers have in the past had this position, but it is rare. It's just an extra buffer and counsel if wanted by the boss and sitting admin. It's not a true source of power, like say the consigliere. They are held in higher regard that a soldier however.

This isn't a new position either. It was referred to as the "Ruling Council" originally when the family was young and powers from the different factions consolidated their power (Tocco, Zerilli, Licavoli, Meli, and Priziola factions). The first member to become a "counselor emeritus" was the first boss, Black Bill Tocco, when he started to step away and give rackets to his son, Jack Tocco in the 60's, but still wanted some say in family matters. As the founders aged or got sick, they usually stepped down and took this position.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET