Home

BIg Ron Previte

Posted By: mickey2

BIg Ron Previte - 03/27/14 12:19 PM

found that very interesting and well-written article on his wikipage -> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-capo-i-was-underpaid/

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/27/14 12:20 PM

Does anybody read this "the last gangster" book by anastasia?
Posted By: NNY78

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/27/14 12:24 PM

Thanks Mickey2, good reading! Havent heard much about this guy.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/27/14 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: mickey2
Does anybody read this "the last gangster" book by anastasia?

I read it. I wrote this :

Quote:
I have to echo PB on "The Last Gangster" book. It was illuminating and disgusting at the same time. It certainly removed any vestigial blinders about "honor" or anything like that. Those guys were only out for themselves. Previte was a vicious, callous, dangerous SOB both as a cop and as a gangster.

To reiterate Previte was a very selfish greedy evil person as a police officer and didn't change as he became a mobster. He was extremely untrustworthy and only out for himself. In that last however he was not that different from many of his peers.

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/27/14 12:35 PM

thx lilo for your opinion! But maybe this counts only for previte, there were other guys who were loyal to there family and all that..that "career" of previte is unique although, right? I mean,
i never heard of a cop turned mobster turned informant..
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/27/14 03:51 PM

In the heyday of the American mob previte would never EVER have got his button , it basically goes to show how far the Philly mob had fallen under scarfo and stanfa . Ralph Natale's reign was a total joke
Posted By: DelcoNostra

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/27/14 11:06 PM

In the book, he never really got his button. Stanfa needed men and he basically said "ok Ron, you're made, we will do the ceremony after we get rid of these punks." Aka merlinos crew. Then Stanfa got out away and he started hanging around Natale as a "made" man.. But agreed he shouldn't even have sniffed a button let alone a high ranking associate.. That being said I kind of like him haha
Posted By: pmac

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/28/14 12:27 AM

I don't think stanfa made him either. read veaseys book ibellieve he was made he even said they burn a piece of tissue at some hotel and he made the joke I already burned my hands for this crew, when he torched the car they killed mike chang in. he also said he was downstairs from the ceremony horsehead had and it pissed him off to congradulate him cause they were at war 2 months earlier. stanfa made merlino and all his guys, then went to war against them. previte big old liar. just I cant see merlino calling him a friend of ours, they all knew he was a ex cop.
Posted By: pmac

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/28/14 12:32 AM

there was that other philly guy who flipped and told the feds he was a made man the told them it was a lie and the lawyers destroyed him on the stand. previte just kept saying oh I didn't have the ceremony but I was made b.s. all the guys stanfa made had the ceremony. I wonder when he was wereing the wire if any real made guy introduce someone as a friend of ours or whatever, I doubt it. just cause he took pics with merlino don't mean shit or natale he was kicking up money to them. he triad to entrap merlino in a coke deal I remember reading that. like he was trying hard to get merlino to say yes but he wouldn't take the bait.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/28/14 02:00 AM

Nah you're wrong. Roger Vella lied, that's who you were referring too. Veasey and previte were made with no ceremony by Stanfa, or were about to be. Previte although a rat was definitely around a lot in those days. Just goes to show you how retarded Stanfa was.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/28/14 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Nah you're wrong. Roger Vella lied, that's who you were referring too. Veasey and previte were made with no ceremony by Stanfa, or were about to be. Previte although a rat was definitely around a lot in those days. Just goes to show you how retarded Stanfa was.

Veasey says in his book he was made the right way with a ceremony
Posted By: bigboy

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/29/14 03:37 PM

Previte was speaking on one of those TV gangster shows and clearly was just out for Previte. I have never heard anything about his police career but would think he was a real prick
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/29/14 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyL

I stand corrected,I have never read his book. For what it's worth he seems like a lying sack of shit but that's just my take.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: BIg Ron Previte - 03/29/14 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyL

I stand corrected,I have never read his book. For what it's worth he seems like a lying sack of shit but that's just my take.

Yeah I don't really believe much of anything Veasey has to say
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET