Home

Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet?

Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 12:34 AM

Last I knew nobody knows who runs the Genovese's. I know there are a few candidates:

Genovese Crime Family
Boss Unknown
Acting Boss: Daniel "Danny the Lion" Leo
Street Boss: Liborio "Barney" Bellomo
Underboss: Venero "Benny Eggs" Mangano
Consigliere Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo
New Jersey Faction Boss: Unknown

And for that matter, who runs Jersey for them and Springfield while we're at it.
Posted By: Gingello101182

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 12:41 AM

Some of the other posters can fill in the blanks but basically the Genovese family is run by a ruling panel of senior members. Benny Eggs is basically retired. Dom Cirillo has been alleged to be the consigliere but Jimmy Ida was the last official number 3. I have heard Larry Dentico was/is boss of jersey, I also heard Tona might be boss, and I also heard Mike Coppola might be boss of the Jersey faction. There might be an acting boss but I cannot confirm this. the top guys in the family in no specific order are most likely Barney, Dentico, Cirillo, and maybe Ernie Muscarella. I know I am leaving lots out guys up but I am sure Pizzaboy, Ivy or one of the other guys will know more than me. Hope this helps a little bit.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 12:49 AM

Quiet Dom being consigliere is just wiki BS.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 01:52 AM

ok so who is then Dellacroce? at least offer a replacement
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 01:56 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if it was him. He's obviously a top 3 guy in the family today. It may not be quoted by the FBI but I would think it's a possibility.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 02:16 AM

wouldn't surprise me either, but I'm not going post as if it were a fact just because it says so on his wiki page. he was identified as the acting boss in '97 after Bellomo was arrested and he was also indicted as the acting boss again in 2005. other than that and being regarded as a "high ranking member" I'm not sure what his role is in running the family, other than probably being on some type of ruling panel. but irregardless the guy is huge in both New York and New Jersey.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 02:28 AM

But when asking you is running the Genevese family, i don't think it should be ignored that several of the guys that have identified as being acting bosses(artie nigro, muscerella) have come outta Barneys powerful 116th street crew.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 03:55 AM

The thing is it doesn't really matter that the Genoveses don't have a "recognized" administration; the other families know who they need to talk to to get things done with the family (Barney, Quiet Dom, Leo) and they don't need to have specifically designated positions which can be targeted by the FBI.

Basically, they have a bunch of senior guys with plenty of money who run it collectively.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 06:47 AM

I've read that they use 6 guys on a rotating panel , bellomo , muscarella , dentico , barbeto , cirillo and Leo seem to be the most powerful guys in the family .
Posted By: TheMechanic

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/23/14 06:59 AM

I've been able to narrow it down to either Judith Light or Tony Danza, not sure which though....
Posted By: StLguy

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/25/14 02:53 AM

The genovese family is run by the cast of mob wives. This explains why they are so had to convict: listening to them for too long can make you crazy. Look at what happened to gigante
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/25/14 03:54 AM

Ellen Degenerate is their acting baws.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/25/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeTheBoss
Last I knew nobody knows who runs the Genovese's. I know there are a few candidates:

Genovese Crime Family
Boss Unknown
Acting Boss: Daniel "Danny the Lion" Leo
Street Boss: Liborio "Barney" Bellomo
Underboss: Venero "Benny Eggs" Mangano
Consigliere Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo
New Jersey Faction Boss: Unknown

And for that matter, who runs Jersey for them and Springfield while we're at it.

The latest reports over the last few years have the family most likely being run by a ruling panel. In other words, there is not currently a traditional administration of boss, underboss, and consigliere. And this would basically be a continuation of the set up going back to the late 1990's when Dom Cirillo became acting boss when Gigante and Bellomo went to prison. Several guys have been the acting boss (which is the same thing as street boss) from time to time - Cirillo, Serpico, Muscarella, DeLuca, Nigro, Leo - but it seems they are more or less the point man running things day-to-day on the street while the panel makes overall policy decisions.

As for who is on the panel, all we get is little bits of info in the press from time to time. In 2009, one article said the panel consisted of recently released leaders including Benny Mangano, Barney Bellomo, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico. After Tino Fiumara died, one article said he had been on a three man panel running the family, though the other two weren't specified.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/25/14 07:19 PM

Yeah I read that ivy , it's supposedly a rotating panel consisting of 6 captains . Bellomo , cirillo , dentico , Leo , muscarella , and barbeto being the obvious choices

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/26/14 12:19 AM

thanks for the helpful posts Ivy and Dom
Posted By: ChiSox74

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/26/14 01:07 AM

The Chicago Outfit
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 04:16 AM

Somebody has to decide who gets what and who the capos are and someone has to appoint people to this panel,
IMO it's a sham like they have always done
Only reason we found about chin was cause of the fish once another fish comes along then we will know who's the boss
IMO and this is just an opinion quite Dom succeeded chin when he died in 2005
A list of members being proposed for the family , sitting on his kitchen counter speaks volumes about his power and control not to mention the recent testimony about all the money he made from the fazios
Plus all the prestige he has coming from east Harlem ,

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Somebody has to decide who gets what and who the capos are and someone has to appoint people to this panel,
IMO it's a sham like they have always done
Only reason we found about chin was cause of the fish once another fish comes along then we will know who's the boss
IMO and this is just an opinion quite Dom succeeded chin when he died in 2005
A list of members being proposed for the family , sitting on his kitchen counter speaks volumes about his power and control not to mention the recent testimony about all the money he made from the fazios
Plus all the prestige he has coming from east Harlem ,

Well, we've had 2 captains and 2 soldiers from the family flip over the past decade and there hasn't been any mention of an official boss from any of them.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 05:15 AM

Tranghese, arillotta and ruggiero were from florida and Springfield not from the inner circle in ny like cafaro was in east Harlem with fat tony and Barone flipped a few years before chin died
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Tranghese, arillotta and ruggiero were from florida and Springfield not from the inner circle in ny like cafaro was in east Harlem with fat tony and Barone flipped a few years before chin died

Louie I tend to disagree

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 05:39 AM

What do you disagree with??

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 06:02 AM

I agree louie , just coz they have had a couple of captains flip doesn't mean to say they know who the boss is . A lot of made guys don't know wot famiky they belong to never mind the hierarchy , wen asked who there with they tell people what crew there in . It's quite consevable that people like arrillota and tranghese wouldn't have a clue who the bosses of the Genovese family was
Posted By: mickey2

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I agree louie , just coz they have had a couple of captains flip doesn't mean to say they know who the boss is .

disagree. there is just no official boss, its a ruling panel, i think its build after the outfit, has worked for them decades smoothly. and i guess, nobody today wants to be boss, right? so its a good solution and every powerful capo can feel boss-ish -> good for big egos, no internal wars..my opinion, tough.
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 02:47 PM

maybe the admin could basically be

Boss-Liborio Bellomo
Underboss-Ernie Muscarella
Consigliere-Jimmy Ida (maybe Cirillo)
New Jersey Boss-Larry Dentico
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 02:48 PM

but of course there's no official evidence proving this and it's logical for a normal hierarchy

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 03:24 PM

Like I said above , it's a rotating panel of about six guys . Bellomo , muscarella , cirillo , Leo , dentico , barbeto

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 09:36 PM

listen to him, he knows everything.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 09:50 PM

I'd take dentico out of the panels guy has to be in his 90tys. and benny eggs is like 100.even cirillo is 86 that's to old to be running around states settling beefs. I wonder who is inducting guys into there family now and whens the last time they did. wanna say in 2005 the feds went to arrest quiet dom at his house and found a list of 7 guys purposed, that's 9yrs ago I sure they brought in a hole bunch of new blood. im guessing they do have a official boss today and still use the old secret boss and fat tony is day to day boss. and like agelo prisco got caught telling his wired up driver I would surport barney he didn't get to well along with leo who was street boss at the time. leo was a purple gang guy with prisco just read that old Gambino boss Arnold sq was to. if crea has been boss for 3 yrs now and dom cefulo it would only be right they have one to. and persico and mike nose. got to go back to the old days.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/27/14 09:58 PM

Let's here your thoughts mikey u mafia expert u
Posted By: DBCooper

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/28/14 06:48 AM

Good Morning,

just a idea: Is it possible that the Genovese Capos act like a own little commission?

The Story with the panel is interessting, but for me a little bit unbelievable. Sounds like they are changing the boss every week and "one boss" ruins the decision of the other boss :S

your thoughts?

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/28/14 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I'd take dentico out of the panels guy has to be in his 90tys. and benny eggs is like 100.even cirillo is 86 that's to old to be running around states settling beefs. I wonder who is inducting guys into there family now and whens the last time they did. wanna say in 2005 the feds went to arrest quiet dom at his house and found a list of 7 guys purposed, that's 9yrs ago I sure they brought in a hole bunch of new blood. im guessing they do have a official boss today and still use the old secret boss and fat tony is day to day boss. and like agelo prisco got caught telling his wired up driver I would surport barney he didn't get to well along with leo who was street boss at the time. leo was a purple gang guy with prisco just read that old Gambino boss Arnold sq was to. if crea has been boss for 3 yrs now and dom cefulo it would only be right they have one to. and persico and mike nose. got to go back to the old days.

Dentico and Mangano were said to be the panel up to at least 2009. Not sure about today. Cirillo could also very well be on that panel but there hasn't been much mention of him since he went to prison back in 2005 when he was the acting boss.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of these guys seem to keep trucking even in 80's, even 90's sometimes. And I imagine it doesn't take much physical exertion to simply weigh in on this or that. It's probably why they have one guy - the acting boss - handle things on a day to day basis.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/28/14 07:01 PM

Ivy wot do u think about the rotating panel theory that's been mentioned ?? Dentico , barbeto , cirillo , muscarella, bellomo and Leo ?? I think that's feasible ??

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/28/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Ivy wot do u think about the rotating panel theory that's been mentioned ?? Dentico , barbeto , cirillo , muscarella, bellomo and Leo ?? I think that's feasible ??

I believe it to be the case. It seems the family has been hesitant to replace Chin with anyone as the official boss of the family. The panel was put in place in the late 1990's after Gigante and Bellomo were in prison and various indictments since then have named guys who have been on it at one time or another. Some of them have been indicted as the acting boss but not the boss. If there was one guy who had the title, I tend to think something would have come out over the past 17 years. Some people on these forums hate what they perceive to be a power vacuum so they will see somebody sitting on the throne even if it means putting him there themselves.

Most of the guys you mentioned above were on the panel at one time or another. Who's currently on it now, or how many it consists of, I don't know. I'm content to wait for further information.

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/28/14 07:46 PM

Thanks for your input ivy , I agree with u

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/29/14 08:09 PM

i wonder if such big panels with 6 guys even exist. Was there ever a panel that big? To my knowledge, no. I doubt such a panel is bigger than maybe 4 guys, do you agree?=
Posted By: StLguy

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/29/14 04:52 PM

I don't know. I'll call up Barney and get a copy of the minutes for every meeting.

PS: Don't tell the FBI.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/29/14 04:54 PM

I seem to think" (not know)that there is a "Boss" but just like the ruling panel of 4,5,6, only the people in that group know who is who.

And this is the way to keep people guessing. And possibly be the real" or misunderstood" rotating panel theory.

Because when it is mentioned with people in the know ,it almost always gets a sideways response or look (like r u kidding)

(Then again Theory)

(Not just the Genovese but the others also)
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Do we know who runs the Genovese Family yet? - 03/30/14 02:00 AM

Is Cirillo still active? I figured he would retire and enjoy the rest of his years with his children and grandchildern. As far as anyone knows, it is a rotating panel.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET