Home

List of Made Man '77

Posted By: mickey2

List of Made Man '77 - 03/22/14 10:47 AM

Does someone have a complete list who was being inducted in the 70's?
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/22/14 11:36 AM

I think it might be impossible to have a complete list since 76-77 was when the membership books were reopened. But i could name a bunch of mobsters who were inducted. For example The Gotti brothers,angelo ruggiero, roy demeo were a few gambino members made that year. In the Bonanno family a few names are anthony mirra lefty ruggiero anthony spero joe massino. Obviously there are a lot more because thats when the books were opened but i probably couldnt give you a full list
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/22/14 12:44 PM

Yea there was definitely a lot of big names made in the late 70's. It would be nice to see some more names.
Posted By: Owney_Madden

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/22/14 01:47 PM

I seem to remember reading that the books were reopened in 1976 for the first time in ages. And each New York family made 10 members each on that occasion
Posted By: pmac

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/22/14 06:37 PM

the guy greg depalma was caught on a wiretap the nite he was made saying it was him and 11 others I wanna say he said he was made the nite john gotti was. I think the gambinos made a lot more then 10 guys in 1977 just a guess 30 or 40. Sammy gravano was made that yr and he didn't say he was with any of the gottis. massino said he was with like 5 others that yr, same yr farnk coppa said he was made with a lot of guy and frank lino said he was made on his bday in little Italy with a buch of guys. I guessing each family probably had making ceromonys every month that yr or every other. Donnie brsco mentor lefty to 77.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/22/14 07:01 PM

some Colombos that were made after the books were re opened-

Salvatore Albanese
Carmine Franzese
Salvatore Fusco
Philip Gambino
Joseph Gorgone
Anthony Scarpati
Thomas Spero
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/22/14 09:08 PM

Although the books were closed, in the early 1970s, the five Families were allowed to each make a couple of new guys. Tommy Gambino, Alphonse Persico, Chubby Rosillo, Patsy Genese, Vincent Cafaro and a few others were made at that time. When the books were reopened in early 1976, the Five Families each made 10 new guys in the first bash. Later in 1976, the Families made additional guys. The year of the most new recruits was 1977. Guys were also made in 1978 and 1979 before the books were closed. Throughout 1976 and 1979, the Genovese Family made close to 100 new guys, the Gambinos around 80, the Luccheses and Bonannos around 50-70. The Colombo Family inducted perhaps the smallest amount of new recruits, around 50.

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/23/14 01:31 AM

76 was the year Gambino died, so it that the reason the books were reopened. I figured him to be the man on the commission with the strongest opinion during his reign. Wasn't sure if he wanted them closed and when he died the reopened.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/23/14 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
76 was the year Gambino died, so it that the reason the books were reopened. I figured him to be the man on the commission with the strongest opinion during his reign. Wasn't sure if he wanted them closed and when he died the reopened.

No. The books were reopened while Gambino was still alive. The first recruits were made in very early 1976, Gambino died in October, 1976.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/23/14 08:20 AM

The guy was from the old school and he'd be rolling over in his grave if he knew he had this feminine authors talking about him on discovery channel or bio... Or fanboy's putting him into a Mortal kombat line up... Gambino VS. Galante (Fatality)

Re: List of Made Man '77 - 03/23/14 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

No. The books were reopened while Gambino was still alive. The first recruits were made in very early 1976, Gambino died in October, 1976.

Thank you knuckles I wasn't sure about that one.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET