Home

James Carmine Galante

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

James Carmine Galante - 03/21/14 08:57 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/08/nyregion/indictment-details-fraud-by-mafia-crime-family.html

Brief article on Carmine's nephew and member of the Bonanno's.

Does anyone else have any information on this guy?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: James Carmine Galante - 03/22/14 09:44 PM

I heard James (Jimmy) was Galante´s son, not nephew. He was one of the first new guys the Bonannos made when the books were reopened in 1976. Used to drive Lilo around. If I´m not mistaken, Jimmy was the one who actually drove Lilo to Joe and Mary´s the day Lilo was killed. He was later put in Massino´s crew and around 1986, he was under Vitale. At some point, Jimmy Galante briefly served as acting captain for Vitale´s crew before moving his business to Connecticut. I could be wrong, but I think he was active in the waste hauling industry up there, at least for a couple of years. He was born in 1936 and to my knowledge, he´s still alive.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: James Carmine Galante - 10/28/14 08:01 PM

Found some more info on James Galante.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/5-drivers-plead-guilty-article-1.679294

As Capo, he and his crew pled guilty to racketeering charges in the mid 90's. He got a 4-12 year length sentence.

Is he still involved? Deceased?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: James Carmine Galante - 10/28/14 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
I heard James (Jimmy) was Galante´s son, not nephew. He was one of the first new guys the Bonannos made when the books were reopened in 1976. Used to drive Lilo around. If I´m not mistaken, Jimmy was the one who actually drove Lilo to Joe and Mary´s the day Lilo was killed. He was later put in Massino´s crew and around 1986, he was under Vitale. At some point, Jimmy Galante briefly served as acting captain for Vitale´s crew before moving his business to Connecticut. I could be wrong, but I think he was active in the waste hauling industry up there, at least for a couple of years. He was born in 1936 and to my knowledge, he´s still alive.

I'm sorry I missed this post back in March, Hairy. But the guy who was in the garbage business up in Connecticut is a different Jimmy Galante, and he's not with the Bonannos. He's not even made. The Jimmy in Connecticut was aligned with the Westside directly through Matty. They made A LOT of money together in the Danbury area. Garbage yards, transfer stations, dumps, the whole nine yards. And he's only a few years older than I am. No way he was born in 1936.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: James Carmine Galante - 10/28/14 09:32 PM

Yeah the Jimmy Galante with the garbage companies is from Brewster I think, Putnam County, it's like an hour north of the Bronx and is usually considered upstate NY, I know PB has said it before but him and Tommy M were huge
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: James Carmine Galante - 10/29/14 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

I'm sorry I missed this post back in March, Hairy. But the guy who was in the garbage business up in Connecticut is a different Jimmy Galante, and he's not with the Bonannos. He's not even made. The Jimmy in Connecticut was aligned with the Westside directly through Matty. They made A LOT of money together in the Danbury area. Garbage yards, transfer stations, dumps, the whole nine yards. And he's only a few years older than I am. No way he was born in 1936.

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
Yeah the Jimmy Galante with the garbage companies is from Brewster I think, Putnam County, it's like an hour north of the Bronx and is usually considered upstate NY, I know PB has said it before but him and Tommy M were huge

I stand corrected.

Happy birthday PB! (Two weeks late....)
Posted By: bronx

Re: James Carmine Galante - 10/29/14 09:23 AM

jimmy was his nephew, when joe b was out in AZ jimmy would go see him..
Posted By: pmac

Re: James Carmine Galante - 10/29/14 12:55 PM

theres a pic on here with massino outside the toyland social club, wonder what boss he went to to get a pass after his uncle carmine got clipped. but as the article says he seems to keep going into the 90tys. probably dead cause sal vitale and massino never got him indicted. shit out of all the bonannos that wher indicted early 2000s there all out but 5, and there the guys who are doing time cause of vinny gorg. baldo amato is doing life before vitale and massino flipped I think. Kansas royals tonite day drinking.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: James Carmine Galante - 10/29/14 05:26 PM

Been 29 years since K C opened the books.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET