Home

new chicago outfit charts 1995-present

Posted By: BURNSY

new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 12:48 AM

Over the last 5+ years I have searched and researched websites, blogs, newspaper articles, government reports, indictments, books in my own collection and any other source I could find. The results are found in the following charts. I do not consider the information or structure of these charts to be completely accurate but it represents a lot of time and work and I believe it is the most accurate of any online charts or those in other publications. Any and all comments or criticisms are welcome.
www.heisenberg5.wix.com/chicagooutfit
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 01:10 AM

This is really great. Thank you, thank you.

Regardless what anyone says or doesn't say, this is really good info and I appreciate the effort put forth to find these charts.

Positive, constructive feedback is always good.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 03:17 AM

I am on my iPhone so it was a little tough for me to see but very good post.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 04:02 AM

Great charts! Nice work.

You can Harry Aleman to the improsined list until he died in 2010.

I noticed that you have Nick Calabrese listed as a solider, which i believe is accurate. There has been debate on these boards whether he was made or not made.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 04:12 AM

Pudgy is not the Cicero capo but overall nice charts
Posted By: funkster

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 04:41 AM

Don't forget Bellavia. Also, Cozzo and Ferriola have been released.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: GaryMartin

Don't be surprised if someone doesn't reply and say there is something wrong or someone is misplaced . Seems to be a trend on these Outfit threads.

In fairness, he asked for feedback.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: funkster
Originally Posted By: GaryMartin

Don't be surprised if someone doesn't reply and say there is something wrong or someone is misplaced . Seems to be a trend on these Outfit threads.

In fairness, he asked for feedback.

And he's getting positive feedback which is good. Proves it is possible on this board. Just a little frustrated about the happenings a few days ago.

Thanks. I'm going to edit my earlier post.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 10:30 AM

good charts.thanks
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 09:39 PM

While there is still debate about the top levels, the crew members and sizes in those charts look pretty correct to me. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 10:48 PM

Isn't "Snooky" dead. Either way these look great and thank you for taking the time.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/nwitimes/...mp;preview=True
Posted By: Snakes

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 11:20 PM

I'd put Vena above Spina as Grand Ave. capo. Solly D. or Inendino are more than likely capo of Cicero as opposed to Matassa, but nobody really knows for sure. Also, Tony Dote and Sal Cautadella need to be on there for Elmwood Park and Cicero, respectively. Don Scalise is dead.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 11:21 PM

And regardless of the fact that he has been shelved for quite some time, Mike Magnafichi needs to go on Elmwood Park's roster for 1995-1999.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 11:22 PM

All in all, great work.
Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/15/14 11:41 PM

great charts burnsy thank you

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 12:53 AM

What about a range of numbers for associates in each crew? No right or wrong answer, just your thoughts about the number of associates per crew.

Thanks

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 01:46 AM

Michael Marcello testified against John Matassa Jr and John Ambrose, so im not sure he'd be welcome back into to the fold. I also think he is released.

http://articles.chicagobreakingnews.com/...holas-calabrese

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 02:28 AM

when creating charts I also counted associates numbers seemed to average 15-20 close associates for any crew depending on recent indictments/arrests. that average isn't counting people paying street tax or who worked w/ outfit on one time basis.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 02:41 AM

Thanks BURNSY.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 02:59 AM

Here's more info on the Michael Marcello.

The Chicago Tribune 
April 17, 2009 

Chicago mob-leak trial makes for twisted script 
By John Kass 

www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass-17-apr17,0,194400.column 

In the mobster movies, a car pulls up and heavy men in hard shoes get out. 

And in the quiet suburban house, the wiseguy turned government witness stands foolishly in his new kitchen, oblivious in his bathrobe, scratching, boorishly guzzling milk from the carton. 

The guns come up. The milk spills. The feds lose another witness. 

Happily, it didn't happen in real life to Nicholas Calabrese, the Chicago Outfit hit man turned star government witness in the Family Secrets trial that sent mob bosses, soldiers, even a corrupt cop to prison. Calabrese is very much alive. 

Yet in federal court this week, the story of Outfit penetration of witness security is playing out in the case of Deputy U.S. Marshal John Ambrose, accused of leaking sensitive information about Calabrese—including his movements—to Chicago's mob. 

It's a difficult case to prove, since U.S. District Judge John Grady tossed out key evidence on Thursday. He invited an appeal by telling the jury "I made a mistake" in allowing secret prison tapes to be played linking Ambrose's late father, a Chicago cop convicted in the Marquette 10 police drug scandal, with other crooked cops connected to the Outfit. 

Whether Ambrose is found guilty or not, it's obvious that imprisoned Outfit boss Jimmy Marcello and his sleepy brother Michael—who testified in a rumpled orange jumpsuit Thursday—believed they'd cracked the security around Calabrese. 

The Marcellos knew of Calabrese being driven around town to murder locations where he briefed the FBI on unsolved hits that formed the basis of Family Secrets, which sent Jimmy and others to prison for life. They knew Calabrese called his wife from a phone dialed as Ambrose guarded Calabrese. 

The Marcello brothers knew all about it in January 2003, weeks before I revealed in a Feb. 21, 2003, column that Calabrese was talking to the FBI about a series of unsolved homicides—including the murders of Anthony and Michael Spilotro—and that his federal prison records had disappeared. 

Though I'm flattered the Marcellos are loyal readers, and that Ambrose's defense would try to use my column to argue that the leak could have come from just about anywhere, Mickey Marcello testified Thursday that he knew about Calabrese because a law-enforcement source was spilling. 

According to Marcello, a fat reputed Chicago mobster, Johnny "Pudgy" Matassa Jr., would tell him what the source learned. Then Marcello would drive to federal prison to tell Jimmy. Then, unbeknownst to the Marcello brothers, the FBI would tape what they said. 

"John says his source was giving him a list of names," the balding Mickey testified. "... I had John. He had who he had, who I presumed was a law-enforcement officer." 

Matassa and Marcello would meet, but not over checkered tablecloths, candles stuck in bottles of Chianti. 

"One time it was Dunkin' Donuts, various restaurants, places like that," Marcello said. 

He said Matassa told him about others Nick Calabrese was helping the FBI to investigate, including the boss, John "No Nose" DiFronzo—implicated but not charged in the sensational Spilotro murders. And about Anthony "The Trucker" Zizzo, who later disappeared from a Melrose Park restaurant lot and has never been found. 

Mickey Marcello, a font of information, developed a severe case of Fedzheimers when asked about Joe "The Builder" Andriacci, and those two brothers from Bridgeport, Bruno and Frank "Toots" Caruso. Andriacci and the Carusos were not charged. 

"Andriacci. 'The Builder,' " said Ambrose lawyer Frank Lipuma during cross-examination. "Is he a mob boss?" 

"I don't know," Marcello deadpanned. 

"Are you aware of the Carusos who run Chinatown/Bridgeport?" Lipuma asked. 

"No," Marcello said. "I'm not aware of that." 

"Aren't they associated with organized crime?" 

"They know a lot of people," sighed Marcello. "I guess you could say that. That they know a lot of people." 

So do the Marcello brothers. They knew a guy who knew a guy who knew Nick Calabrese was taking the FBI to places where murders were committed. 

That's not Hollywood. 

It's Chicago.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 03:12 AM

Here's more info on the Michael Marcello.

The Chicago Tribune 
April 17, 2009 

Chicago mob-leak trial makes for twisted script 
By John Kass 

www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass-17-apr17,0,194400.column 

In the mobster movies, a car pulls up and heavy men in hard shoes get out. 

And in the quiet suburban house, the wiseguy turned government witness stands foolishly in his new kitchen, oblivious in his bathrobe, scratching, boorishly guzzling milk from the carton. 

The guns come up. The milk spills. The feds lose another witness. 

Happily, it didn't happen in real life to Nicholas Calabrese, the Chicago Outfit hit man turned star government witness in the Family Secrets trial that sent mob bosses, soldiers, even a corrupt cop to prison. Calabrese is very much alive. 

Yet in federal court this week, the story of Outfit penetration of witness security is playing out in the case of Deputy U.S. Marshal John Ambrose, accused of leaking sensitive information about Calabrese—including his movements—to Chicago's mob. 

It's a difficult case to prove, since U.S. District Judge John Grady tossed out key evidence on Thursday. He invited an appeal by telling the jury "I made a mistake" in allowing secret prison tapes to be played linking Ambrose's late father, a Chicago cop convicted in the Marquette 10 police drug scandal, with other crooked cops connected to the Outfit. 

Whether Ambrose is found guilty or not, it's obvious that imprisoned Outfit boss Jimmy Marcello and his sleepy brother Michael—who testified in a rumpled orange jumpsuit Thursday—believed they'd cracked the security around Calabrese. 

The Marcellos knew of Calabrese being driven around town to murder locations where he briefed the FBI on unsolved hits that formed the basis of Family Secrets, which sent Jimmy and others to prison for life. They knew Calabrese called his wife from a phone dialed as Ambrose guarded Calabrese. 

The Marcello brothers knew all about it in January 2003, weeks before I revealed in a Feb. 21, 2003, column that Calabrese was talking to the FBI about a series of unsolved homicides—including the murders of Anthony and Michael Spilotro—and that his federal prison records had disappeared. 

Though I'm flattered the Marcellos are loyal readers, and that Ambrose's defense would try to use my column to argue that the leak could have come from just about anywhere, Mickey Marcello testified Thursday that he knew about Calabrese because a law-enforcement source was spilling. 

According to Marcello, a fat reputed Chicago mobster, Johnny "Pudgy" Matassa Jr., would tell him what the source learned. Then Marcello would drive to federal prison to tell Jimmy. Then, unbeknownst to the Marcello brothers, the FBI would tape what they said. 

"John says his source was giving him a list of names," the balding Mickey testified. "... I had John. He had who he had, who I presumed was a law-enforcement officer." 

Matassa and Marcello would meet, but not over checkered tablecloths, candles stuck in bottles of Chianti. 

"One time it was Dunkin' Donuts, various restaurants, places like that," Marcello said. 

He said Matassa told him about others Nick Calabrese was helping the FBI to investigate, including the boss, John "No Nose" DiFronzo—implicated but not charged in the sensational Spilotro murders. And about Anthony "The Trucker" Zizzo, who later disappeared from a Melrose Park restaurant lot and has never been found. 

Mickey Marcello, a font of information, developed a severe case of Fedzheimers when asked about Joe "The Builder" Andriacci, and those two brothers from Bridgeport, Bruno and Frank "Toots" Caruso. Andriacci and the Carusos were not charged. 

"Andriacci. 'The Builder,' " said Ambrose lawyer Frank Lipuma during cross-examination. "Is he a mob boss?" 

"I don't know," Marcello deadpanned. 

"Are you aware of the Carusos who run Chinatown/Bridgeport?" Lipuma asked. 

"No," Marcello said. "I'm not aware of that." 

"Aren't they associated with organized crime?" 

"They know a lot of people," sighed Marcello. "I guess you could say that. That they know a lot of people." 

So do the Marcello brothers. They knew a guy who knew a guy who knew Nick Calabrese was taking the FBI to places where murders were committed. 

That's not Hollywood. 

It's Chicago.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 03:48 AM

did not list associates on list which I believe aleman was.tried to only show made members.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 04:07 PM

Even though he's been ignored by the Outfit for a long time, I believe Mike Magnafichi is a made member who was with Elmwood Park. There has also been debate about Joe Lombardo. The feds charged him as the capo of the Grand Avenue Crew, not as the consigliere.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 04:25 PM

Lombardo was not a capo at the time of Family Secrets but he no doubt still held sway over Grand Ave. He was pretty much in a retired advisory role, a la Accardo. Although rest assured if Lombardo said "jump", Grand Ave. would still ask "how high?"

I am not sure that Mickey Marcello would really be black balled for what he said. Matassa didn't even get charged with anything and they've known each other literally since they were kids.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 04:28 PM

I wouldn't entirely dismiss Aleman as not made. He was Joe Nick's nephew and did a ton of heavy work for the Outfit in the seventies and eighties and was half-Italian. I could see a concession being made for him. Marcello got in, albeit with an Italian father (Aleman's was Hispanic) which is oftentimes the deal breaker for mixed guys.
Posted By: DB

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 04:28 PM

Wait Michael Marcello ratted ? Geez I totally missed that one

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 04:34 PM

Well, he just said that he got some information from Matassa who got some intel from a law enforcement connect. If I had to guess, Mickey was given permission to testify against Ambrose to possibly get his sentence reduced. Matassa was in no danger as it isn't against the law to tell somebody something a crooked lawmen told you (unless bribery was uncovered). Mickey gave up no other information and played dumb when asked about Joey A and Toots Caruso.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 04:55 PM

Interesting and thanks for the info

From my understanding he was pretty much legit in the outfit eyes but whether he got the ok or not my guess is he was completely shelved post FS, too much risk and who knows what he said off their record .

Curious how this would affect James as Michael is a guy who could probably continue as his money agent on the outside , sharking decisions/ collection and what not . James I hear was a real earner

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 04:59 PM

Mickey was not a real heavy guy in the Outfit anyways. He mainly just stuck with the poker machines. His activity was going to decrease anyway with his brother being locked up for life.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 05:08 PM

Understood but i suspect his retirement would affect James influence on the outside.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 05:25 PM

Marcello has zero influence as long as he's locked up Supermax. They aren't even giving these guys a chance to communicate with the outside. Lombardo is eighty-five years old and stuck in the medical ward and they still won't even let him out of solitary.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/16/14 05:59 PM

True and pretty F'd up but someone must be looking after his affairs . The outfit guys bread and butter was usually huge loan books and I'm sure Marcello had a big one , whether locked up or not . Without Michael he probably had some real exposure on his book not being handled properly .

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/17/14 01:08 AM

re thought michael Marcello on lists and took him off.thanks for heads up on don scalise and phil cozzo changed status.also added new 2014 chart of outfit.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/17/14 01:31 AM

when doing 2014 chart thought back to frank calabrese sr talking about a smaller outfit structure where a north and south side took place of old street crews. meaning Elmwood park and grand avenue into north cicero 26 street into south. could never find any confirmation so stuck with 4 main street crews.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/17/14 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Even though he's been ignored by the Outfit for a long time, I believe Mike Magnafichi is a made member who was with Elmwood Park. There has also been debate about Joe Lombardo. The feds charged him as the capo of the Grand Avenue Crew, not as the consigliere.

Yeah, I think Lombardo being the consigliere was just internet speculation.

Also, at some point, it was really Jimmy Marcello running the Outfit as it's acting boss. Just like Mike Sarno after him. And going back to the 1990's there were more than 4 crews.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/17/14 12:44 PM

Marcello was basically running things even though DiFronzo was the "boss." DiFronzo has pretty much been in an advisory role for the past decade. Marcello probably would have been boss if he wouldn't have been locked up Mike Sarno took over Cicero after Marcello went away but he was imprisoned almost immediately after Marcello was. Now, either Solly D. or Inendino run that crew.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/17/14 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BURNSY
when doing 2014 chart thought back to frank calabrese sr talking about a smaller outfit structure where a north and south side took place of old street crews. meaning Elmwood park and grand avenue into north cicero 26 street into south. could never find any confirmation so stuck with 4 main street crews.

the street crews are incorporated into the "areas"

u can look at the old fbi chart from i think it was 1976 or 1977

they had a westside group, southside group, and a northside group

just like the chicago crime commission chart in 1997 that had three area bosses

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 12:37 AM

The Outfit had six street crews from the early seventies until about the early nineties: Cicero, Elmwood Park, Grand Ave, North Side, South Side (26th Street) and the Heights . When Vince Solano died, the North Side crew was absorbed by Elmwood Park. When Tocco, Palermo, and practically the entire Heights crew was jailed that crew got absorbed by the South Side. Depending on who you ask, Grand Ave. is either still active or was folded into Elmwood Park. Nobody really knows for sure.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 01:54 AM

as Chicago heights and rush street crew members died or were imprisoned I understand that the remnants were absorbed into other crews. the same type trends have been happening with grand avenue and cicero/26th street. my question was more along the lines of are there now 2 active crews in Chicago covering territory north and south. meaning no more Elmwood,grand,cicero 26th street.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 02:01 AM

I think there are still three; North, South, and West, maybe just South and West if you believe that Elmwood Park is no longer active. I believe the North is still referred to as Elmwood Park, the West as Cicero, and the South as just the South Side, although they may be interchangeable.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
Marcello was basically running things even though DiFronzo was the "boss." DiFronzo has pretty much been in an advisory role for the past decade. Marcello probably would have been boss if he wouldn't have been locked up Mike Sarno took over Cicero after Marcello went away but he was imprisoned almost immediately after Marcello was. Now, either Solly D. or Inendino run that crew.

That's what it seems to me. One article cited an informant saying Sarno was still turning over money to DiFronzo.

as Chicago heights and rush street crew members died or were imprisoned I understand that the remnants were absorbed into other crews. the same type trends have been happening with grand avenue and cicero/26th street. my question was more along the lines of are there now 2 active crews in Chicago covering territory north and south. meaning no more Elmwood,grand,cicero 26th street.

I think there are still three; North, South, and West, maybe just South and West if you believe that Elmwood Park is no longer active. I believe the North is still referred to as Elmwood Park, the West as Cicero, and the South as just the South Side, although they may be interchangeable.

Going back to 2007, the Outfit was said to have the 4 remaining crews and run in northern and southern sections. More recently, in 2011, one FBI official said the Outfit was down to "2 or 3 crews."

That same year had the article that talked about Caruso being lower in the hierarchy than Sarno and kicking up to him. So at least at that point, there were likely 3 crews - Elmwood Park (North Side), Melrose (West Side), and 26th Street (South Side).

It wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, things were consolidated further to where you had just 2 groups - the Elmwood Park/North Side guys and everyone else.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 08:03 PM

That's actually pretty close to what I believe the structure may be now, since for what it's worth I have heard of Caruso kicking up to Inendino - who took over Cicero with Solly D when Sarno went away.
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 09:21 PM

I kinda wonder if Elmwood Park and Grand Ave. are defunct, tho., leaving only 26th St. and Cicero.

At least that is what some people speculate.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 09:43 PM

Elmwood is not even close to being defunct. It's definitely more on the white collar side but still active. Grand ave is not even close to how they used to be but still have enough activity to be a crew.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Elmwood is not even close to being defunct. It's definitely more on the white collar side but still active. Grand ave is not even close to how they used to be but still have enough activity to be a crew.

i don't think people realize how far "grand avenue" runs

grand avenue stretches through alot of communities and up the interstate

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Hmmm....based on what?

I have my own reason to think Grand Ave. is basically closed up. Based on something somebody once PM'd me through this board, among other things.

Even HSAC insisted Elmwood was gone.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/18/14 11:40 PM

^^^^^^^

then u have a deranged lunatic meeting with grand ave people and mentioning elmwood park

that mandell lunatic cop or whatever the fuck he is implied that both crews are active

i'll take his recently recorded conversations as evidence both crews are active
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 12:55 AM

The fact that mandell had to get permission from the grand ave capo albie vena to murder someone in Chicago mob territory tells u, all you need to know about whether they're active and frankly the sort of fear they still generate, which it seems to be now that if you don't pay ur gambling debts you're going to get a beating

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 01:52 AM

Please cut and paste the relevant portions of the articles/transcripts that would imply what you're saying.

I read a lot about it but didn't draw the same conclusions.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Please cut and paste the relevant portions of the articles/transcripts that would imply what you're saying.

I read a lot about it but didn't draw the same conclusions.

I'm not saying they're some large powerful crew but they still have some activity.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 02:34 AM

Anything's possible.

In that sense I agree with Ivy that you just don't REALLY know what's going on until the feds make a bust or say something.

You hear a lot of different things but you just don't know.

I would *guess* DiFronzo is essentially a retired old man who has likely tried to cut his ties with any illegal activity for a long time.

But, you never know.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 08:24 AM

Anything's possible.

In that sense I agree with Ivy that you just don't REALLY know what's going on until the feds make a bust or say something.

You hear a lot of different things but you just don't know.

I would *guess* DiFronzo is essentially a retired old man who has likely tried to cut his ties with any illegal activity for a long time.

But, you never know.

the feds just arrested somebody who obviously thinks grand ave, and elmwood park exist

elmwood park probably is involved with bookies and that ain't a white collar scam
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 01:42 PM

Over the last 5+ years I have searched and researched websites, blogs, newspaper articles, government reports, indictments, books in my own collection and any other source I could find. The results are found in the following charts. I do not consider the information or structure of these charts to be completely accurate but it represents a lot of time and work and I believe it is the most accurate of any online charts or those in other publications. Any and all comments or criticisms are welcome.
www.heisenberg5.wix.com/chicagooutfit

Not bad...couple things:

Aldo Piscitelli passed away in November. Rayjo Tominello shouldn't be with Elmwood Park as he is a Southiside guy and while he spends most his time in Florida, he is still involved with the Caruso's.

Pudge Matassa is not above Solly D and Inendino in Cicero. Jimmy I runs that crew with Solly D and Sammy C as his #2's. Add Nick C as a soldier there along with Paul Carparelli. Matassa is really a soldier, but since he travels in so many circles and is the main conduit between crews, people think he has more power than he does.

Albie Vena runs Grand Avenue...his brother-in-law Chris Spina and the Spina brothers are under him. The active "soldiers" in Grand Avenue are Anthony and John Spina, along with Bobby Dominic and Robert Pannozo and a few other guys I am not familiar with.

You should remove Mike Caracci and Spano from the list. Mike was never a major player and Spano is out of the rackets.

Tony Dote is probably the active Capo in Elmwood Park below Pete DiFronzo. I would add to that crew Gary Gagliano, Carl Dote, Francis Mazza and Frank Adamo.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 03:22 PM

I know it was like that even in the heyday, but its incredible how inter-related all these guys are today. Relatives by blood and through marriage...what's Gagliano's relation to Joe? Son?

ChiTown, is Toots' kid involved at all? He would be in his thirties these days..no?

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 04:05 PM

I know it was like that even in the heyday, but its incredible how inter-related all these guys are today. Relatives by blood and through marriage...what's Gagliano's relation to Joe? Son?

ChiTown, is Toots' kid involved at all? He would be in his thirties these days..no?

Gary is Joe Gags' nephew. He actually owns Luke's Italian Beef on Jackson in the Loop and does a lot of Real Estate in the Taylor Street/UIC area with Jimmy Inendino. They own properties up and down Flournoy Street.

Frank Caruso Jr. or "Chooch" as I believe they call him probably is involved...he married Brittany Szaflarski who is Shorty LaMantia's granddaughter and Casey's daughter.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 04:18 PM

Toots' kid got in trouble a while back about beating a black kid almost to death, right? Seems like he got hit with a light sentence too, if memory serves me correctly.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 05:00 PM

Toots' kid got in trouble a while back about beating a black kid almost to death, right? Seems like he got hit with a light sentence too, if memory serves me correctly.

Lenard Clark was the kid..it made national news bc it was racially motivated and even President Clinton talked about it.

It also showed the strength of the Caruso family--Toots hired PR Consultant Dominic DiFrisco to speak to the press on behalf of the family and did charity work with black churches where all his guys were there giving away stolen shit. They recruited NCAAP leaders to talk on their behalf. One of the witnesses to the beating (Michael Cutler) was killed in a "robbery gone bad" before he was to testify. The other--Richie DiSantis--was the son of one of Toot's bookies (Mikey DiSantis) and served time refusing to testify. Frankie Jr's friends got off with community service and he was sentenced to 8 years, but got out after 3 I believe.

The Italian Judge (who was Italian and grew up in Chicago) and sentenced Frankie Jr. was also was unseated the following election.

Can't make this shit up...

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 05:20 PM

Was going to say the Cutler "robbery" death should make even make the biggest skeptic to the Outfit's use of violence pause. I mean seriously..what are the chances?
Posted By: TonyG

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 08:00 PM

did not list associates on list which I believe aleman was.tried to only show made members.

Ok, fair enough. I am not certain, just curious.

According to newspaper reports and the Chicago Crime Coimmission, Aleman was a suspect in 13 murders.

I thought I read somewhere, that some of Aleman's murders were disclosed / confirmed by Nick Calabrese after he cooperated. Prosecutors decided not to take any to trial because Aleman was already locked up for life. It may have been a newspaper article that the FBI informed families of Aleman's murder victims based upon Nick Calabrese's disclosures.

Joe Ferriola was his uncle and with Aleman's murder count, I was under the impression he had his button.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/19/14 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown

Lenard Clark was the kid..it made national news bc it was racially motivated and even President Clinton talked about it.

It also showed the strength of the Caruso family--Toots hired PR Consultant Dominic DiFrisco to speak to the press on behalf of the family and did charity work with black churches where all his guys were there giving away stolen shit. They recruited NCAAP leaders to talk on their behalf. One of the witnesses to the beating (Michael Cutler) was killed in a "robbery gone bad" before he was to testify. The other--Richie DiSantis--was the son of one of Toot's bookies (Mikey DiSantis) and served time refusing to testify. Frankie Jr's friends got off with community service and he was sentenced to 8 years, but got out after 3 I believe.

The Italian Judge (who was Italian and grew up in Chicago) and sentenced Frankie Jr. was also was unseated the following election.

Can't make this shit up...

they didn't recruit people

they paid people off, probably paid clark's family off

we already know what happened to the cutler kid
Posted By: Mmalioni

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 03:47 AM

Aldo Piscitelli Jr. is active I think with Cicero or Southside. He is roughly in his 40s.

The Carusos wield (or wielded) enormous amounts of power. For Frank Jr. to have served over 3 years in IL state prison (run by the Folks and People Gangs) and come out without any issues, just shows something was agreed upon between the Outfit and the gangs.

Didn't Frank Calabrese Sr. have a huge beef with Shorty LaMantia in Milan, Michigan because Shorty wasn't technically made, but acted like he was made around the NY guys?

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 04:05 AM

[quote=Mmalioni]The Carusos wield (or wielded) enormous amounts of power. For Frank Jr. to have served over 3 years in IL state prison (run by the Folks and People Gangs) and come out without any issues, just shows something was agreed upon between the Outfit and the gangs.quote]

Not really. Didn't someone beat the crap out of John Gotti in prison, with no retaliation?

I one time met a kid who served five years in a max facility. He said it wasn't really that bad, just boring.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Mmalioni
Aldo Piscitelli Jr. is active I think with Cicero or Southside. He is roughly in his 40s.

The Carusos wield (or wielded) enormous amounts of power. For Frank Jr. to have served over 3 years in IL state prison (run by the Folks and People Gangs) and come out without any issues, just shows something was agreed upon between the Outfit and the gangs.

Didn't Frank Calabrese Sr. have a huge beef with Shorty LaMantia in Milan, Michigan because Shorty wasn't technically made, but acted like he was made around the NY guys?

He was on tape telling little Calabrese that he bitched LaMantia out for identifying himself as made...I've seen lots of speculation that he wasn't really bitching at him for saying he was made when he wasn't, but for even talking about it with anyone. I saw a lot of people saying LaMantia was 100 percent made.

Dunno what to think though. Based on what was said it sure seemed like Calabrese was dressing him down for saying something he wasnt.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 05:32 AM

yeah I remember that you said something like you're not even made.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/mob/2007/07/the_humiliation_of_shorty.html

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 05:47 AM

What I wanna know is what NYC guys they were talking about.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 08:19 AM

[quote=Mmalioni]The Carusos wield (or wielded) enormous amounts of power. For Frank Jr. to have served over 3 years in IL state prison (run by the Folks and People Gangs) and come out without any issues, just shows something was agreed upon between the Outfit and the gangs.quote]

Not really. Didn't someone beat the crap out of John Gotti in prison, with no retaliation?

I one time met a kid who served five years in a max facility. He said it wasn't really that bad, just boring.

john gotti got beat up for talking shit

caruso's kid was ordered by his father not to start anything

they paid somebody to watch him

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 11:02 AM

I thought the deal with Shorty was that he said that Frank was made, a fact which Frank did not want paraded around the prison.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

john gotti got beat up for talking shit

caruso's kid was ordered by his father not to start anything

they paid somebody to watch him

They even had that gangster disciple enforcer turned political activist wallace "gator" bradley involved with them, and he was getting accused of being paid off to support them. He was heavily involved with larry hoovers growth and development programme and had served time in prison, so it could be plausible that they came to some sort of financial arrangement to keep certain people safe in prison.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 01:45 PM

"Aldo P" was in his early 40s when he went to prison in the early 90s lol. He passed away in November and was probably 70...the broader LaMantia/Szaflarski family has been dealing with a lot lately.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 01:49 PM

It wasn't NYC guys. It was "East Coast" guys and if you listen to the tapes Calabrese is going on and on about "Raymond." He is talking about Raymond Patriarca Jr. He, Calabrese, Shorty, Frank Jr. and others served time together. Most of the guys were from Boston, Conneticut and the Bronx according to Frankie Jr.

Also Shorty was a relatively major player on the Southside...don't let Calabrese' lies and boasts to his son distort who the guy was. Shorty was a gangster tried and true, as were his sons Rocco and Aldo. Shorty worked for Skids Caruso and was very connected in Outfit circles...he was not a stooge or hated by LaPietra whatsoever. Calabrese said a lot of bullshit to his son to make himself look better.
Posted By: Mmalioni

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 02:31 PM

You are right about Aldo P. I stand corrected.

Anything current on Rocco LaMantia?

Also, Aldo P.'s sister is married to Szaflarski.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 03:19 PM

It wasn't NYC guys. It was "East Coast" guys and if you listen to the tapes Calabrese is going on and on about "Raymond." He is talking about Raymond Patriarca Jr. He, Calabrese, Shorty, Frank Jr. and others served time together. Most of the guys were from Boston, Conneticut and the Bronx according to Frankie Jr.

Also Shorty was a relatively major player on the Southside...don't let Calabrese' lies and boasts to his son distort who the guy was. Shorty was a gangster tried and true, as were his sons Rocco and Aldo. Shorty worked for Skids Caruso and was very connected in Outfit circles...he was not a stooge or hated by LaPietra whatsoever. Calabrese said a lot of bullshit to his son to make himself look better.

That's exactly what i was saying in my first response...that most thought it was Calabrese just being full of shit. I have never seen the transcripts other than that Suntimes article. Where can it be found you know? And you're right he does say East Coast...i've never seen who they were referring to. As Mmaloni asked, are his kids still active?

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 07:49 PM

"Neicy" LaMantia married Casey Szaflarski and was caught up in the hired truck program. Rocco is still locked up after he assaulted that pawnshop on Roosevelt Road. Before he went away, I had heard he was trying to write a book on Chinatown and his father and Grand Father...perhaps he smartened up. The guy is a serious hot head.
Posted By: FriedRavioliFarts

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/20/14 08:45 PM

I remember reading on ANP that one of the East Coast guys was Sonny Franzese.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/21/14 04:15 AM

I would also take out Angelo LaPietra as Underboss from 1995 to 1999 and put Monteleone as #2. This was in Frank, Sr.'s transcripts. LaPietra was out of prison but in declining health and was basically retired until he died.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/21/14 05:48 AM

"Neicy" LaMantia married Casey Szaflarski and was caught up in the hired truck program. Rocco is still locked up after he assaulted that pawnshop on Roosevelt Road. Before he went away, I had heard he was trying to write a book on Chinatown and his father and Grand Father...perhaps he smartened up. The guy is a serious hot head.

Looks like IDOC has him paroled in 2012.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/21/14 01:53 PM

Looks like IDOC has him paroled in 2012.

Interesting...I had thought he was sentenced to 6 years or so...I would then consider Rocco an active player on the South Side. He is probably the major power in that specific neighborhood as he is one of the few Southside guys who still live there.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/21/14 04:24 PM

It said he was sentenced to 6 years...to be released in 2015, but paroled in 2012. He lives in Bridgeport? I'm absolutely amazed he only got six years for being involved in an armed robbery. But sounds like he was just the getaway driver.
Posted By: Richards_bar

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/21/14 05:04 PM

Calling Rocco a major player in Bridgeport is laughable at best. The Carusos wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/21/14 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Richards_bar
Calling Rocco a major player in Bridgeport is laughable at best. The Carusos wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

He's basically a cousin of the Caruso's (and is through marriage now) but he's a street guy who still runs around Bridgeport beating up drug dealers and involved in street crime. Major player was probably the wrong term there...more like "active" on the street level shit that the Caruso's wouldn't touch anyway. But I guarantee he is still kicking something up...he had the entire LaMantia/Szaflarski family in on the hired truck scandal company...and the powers that be didn't let just anyone into that exclusive club.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/22/14 01:13 AM

when doing research for charts never came across any evidence that high ranking members held dual roles.example being monteleone holding position of underboss and 26th street capo. however I always thought that it made more sense seeing as Chicago in no way operates like other mafia families. the same could also be said for joe Lombardo being a senior advisor and capo in grand avenue. sorry for some of these long winded posts but it is good to here other peoples opinions about Chicago I do not get much street info here in Ottawa Canada.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/22/14 04:25 PM

I think by that point, Caruso was being groomed to take over that South Side crew anyways. Lombardo came back from prison and basically retired and was tight with DiFronzo as the senior advisor in the Outfit, which is typically held by a semi-active guy who still commands a lot of respect. He was no longer active capo of Grand Ave. but Cozzo and that crew was still definitely under Lumby's thumb.

For a lot of this stuff, you just have to use educated guesses.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/23/14 02:29 AM

I would also take out Angelo LaPietra as Underboss from 1995 to 1999 and put Monteleone as #2. This was in Frank, Sr.'s transcripts. LaPietra was out of prison but in declining health and was basically retired until he died.

In the indictment it has Monteleone as a boss:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/indict/2005/familySecrets.pdf

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/23/14 03:28 AM

Interesting. I've never heard Johnny Apes referred to as the overall Boss before reading the indictment.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/23/14 03:32 AM

Side question, did anyone really have Apes prior to the 90s? I never saw his name on any early charts.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/23/14 03:51 AM

He was on Roemer's '83 chart but he was definitely a player by the mid seventies.

Apes was never top boss - Chicago sometimes refers to the capos of their street crews as bosses which can cause confusion.

Re: new chicago outfit charts 1995-present - 03/23/14 04:16 AM

I'm sure I've seen it, but did he have him listed as a soldier?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET