Home

Neil Migliore likes pigeons

Posted By: Extortion

Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 04:24 AM

Neil's pigeons
Posted By: TheMechanic

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 05:07 AM

Nice find, "one of New York's most interesting people in the last 50 years",that's priceless.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 06:06 AM

Amazing find , I've always wondered what migliore looks like

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By: TheMechanic
Nice find, "one of New York's most interesting people in the last 50 years",that's priceless.

hahah yeah dude I know..also what is with mobsters and pigeons? To carry messages? I wonder how often that happens like in Ghost Dog, heh.
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 06:23 AM

Holy Shit . . . this is incredible in so many ways
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 06:32 AM

Wonder if his son's in the life?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

I doubt it. Neil's LCN til he dies but the amount of treachery he's seen i doubt he'd let his son get involved, you never know though.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 01:28 PM

I wonder if all these guys meeting up for this race know who "Neil" really is lol
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I wonder if all these guys meeting up for this race know who "Neil" really is lol

lol they must do, he's a legend.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

lol they must do, he's a legend.

I gotta admit if I was into the Pigeon Racing Circuit I would enter a bird just to go up there and see him.
Posted By: funkster

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
Originally Posted By: TheMechanic

hahah yeah dude I know..also what is with mobsters and pigeons? To carry messages? I wonder how often that happens like in Ghost Dog, heh.

Same here. So odd.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Nowhere near it.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 04:19 PM

also what is with mobsters and pigeons?

It's not just mobsters. It's that entire generation of inner-city Italian American men. My Dad is going to be 85 years old and he still goes to his buddy's coops on Bronxdale a few times a year.

But I keep forgetting that most of you grew up in a world where video games and the Internet rule the day. And I'm not judging you. God bless ya. But you have to remember that there was a time that kids had to entertain themselves in MUCH more primitive ways.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 07:03 PM

Great find.
Posted By: Long_Island

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 07:19 PM

http://liongatelofts.com/

Here is his website. That's his front gates to his house. Huge home.

He owns a pigeon feed store out in Suffolk County somewhere.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 07:25 PM

This is a European thing, common in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy. My grandfather whose mother was from the old country was really into racing pigeons and all the clubs that grew up around the sport. It's got a small but close community. He even built a massive coop for them, imported some of the really expensive breads from europe in the like the 70s.

It's actually a pretty cool hobby.
Posted By: British

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 07:34 PM

Its popular in Britain as well, especially in the northwest of England
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 07:36 PM

That's where I'm from British , and I ain't got a pigeon ha ha
Posted By: British

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 07:58 PM

You must be the only one lol
Posted By: cheech

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 08:36 PM

its an NYC thing...tyson into that shit to...not just mobsters lol
sonny black had them...
PB is more popular in Brooklyn?

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Long_Island

Is the breed between these Pigeons and the ones you see in any mtero city that different? The only thing I see is the ones in Nola are a lot fatter from eating food thrown on the ground by kids.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
PB is more popular in Brooklyn?

PB is popular everywhere whistle.

But seriously, yeah, probably. Just based on the fact that most of the racing events were based there over the years. But pigeon racing was still very big in the other boroughs, too. Huge in the East Bronx.

And I vividly remember going with my Dad and my Uncle to the downtown coops on West Street in Manhattan. But this was back in the late '60s, early '70s, when it really was the "meatpacking district." Realtors use that term today to describe the far West Village, where you pay 1.5 million for a 250 square foot studio. But back then it was nothing but meatpackers and warehouses. And most of those old steel buildings had coops right up on the roof.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 09:09 PM

theres a old old Russian guy down the street from me that's has a bunch of coops. I always trie to look in the fence but its wooden can only see a little plus he got a big ass Nazi german sherpard chasing your shadow on the other side of the fence. now I always notice big harwks or chicken things circling the house I know they cant see them do the hear them. this old guy neil was at the apalation meeting king kong got nothing on him. read somewhere crea a big pigeon guy so was Anthony spero and the great mike Tyson.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 09:12 PM

Can Neil summon his pigeons to attack people for the mafia?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 09:15 PM

guys got a table from the godfather movie nice chandalair. don't you keep the pigeon in the same coup from the day its born or something like that. sky rats. 15k for first place shit. what about all the side action. at the table with neil are 2 doc and probably couple more millionairs. poor vic ammuso and gas just couldn't do it rite.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/07/14 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
poor vic ammuso and gas just couldn't do it rite.

this
Posted By: JoeP

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/10/14 03:27 AM

There were alot of pigeon coops in canarsie & east new york...lot of body shops over on utica ave had coops on top.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/10/14 03:40 AM

It's fascinating to me, someone who grew up in northern New England.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 04:46 PM

It lists his phone number and email on his website...Dare someone to prank call..

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 04:49 PM

It lists his phone number and email on his website...Dare someone to prank call..

Neil, This is Don, Don Da Jewler, How yous doin?

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 07:39 PM

Someone call and say they are from PETA

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 08:10 PM

I's almost not even funny. Because some nut, who has never been within a hundred miles of a real wiseguy, yet has a fascination with this crap, is bound to call him just to hear the sound of his voice. You can bet on it.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I's almost not even funny. Because some nut, who has never been within a hundred miles of a real wiseguy, yet has a fascination with this crap, is bound to call him just to hear the sound of his voice. You can bet on it.

Crazy talk, PB. People from an internet forum crank calling people they don't know in real life?

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Crazy talk, PB. People crank calling anonymous people on an internet forum?

lol lol
Sometimes they even call other board members. Especially the female board members. Which is odd, because the guys who bark the loudest on these boards have never been with a woman who wasn't inflatable.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 10:12 PM

lol lol
Sometimes they even call other board members. Especially the female board members. Which is odd, because the guys who bark the loudest on these boards have never been with a woman who wasn't inflatable.

So what you are saying is that you need to be mob wannabe that knows wiseguys in real life to like crime? Just seems pretenious

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 10:18 PM

lol lol

So what you are saying is that you need to be mob wannabe that knows wiseguys in real life to like crime? Just seems pretenious

No, I think what we're saying is...most of us stop crank calling others by the 5th grade.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 10:25 PM

Right, but its a joke.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 11:00 PM

Right, but its a joke.

Yeah I get that. And I can almost see the humor in it. But that PB...he takes crank calls very very seriously. Crank calls and pigeons.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 11:04 PM

Carmela your adorable, its prank call not crank call.....what would crank call even mean? Besides maybe hitting up your boy for some meth.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/14/14 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Carmela your adorable, its prank call not crank call.....what would crank call even mean? Besides maybe hitting up your for some meth.

And that's why crank calls are no laughing matter!!

All these years saying it this way and nobody ever corrected me. They would just laugh and point. Now I know why. frown

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/15/14 02:28 PM

So what you are saying is that you need to be mob wannabe that knows wiseguys in real life to like crime?

Not at all. I've always given the proper credit and respect to our board members and researchers from other parts of the country and other parts of the world. Guys like Ivy and Hairy and Sonny post valuable links that most of us don't have the patience to look for.

I was merely pointing out that wiseguys have always attracted the same types of groupies and stalkers that celebrities and athletes attract. And it's especially true today, in the Internet age. It's just that, when some nutjob sleeps in his car across the street from Vinny Basciano's old house to take a picture, or approaches Tore LoCasio at the Publix on Marco Island, and tells him "great job on staying low key," rolleyes it doesn't make the newspapers.

I've never been of the mind that you have to grow up here to have an opinion about these guys. That's bullshit, and I'm constantly sticking up for guys like Ivy and Hairy because I feel that way. Mob guys are public figures and people want to read about them whether they're "from the neighborhood" or not. I'm just saying that there are limits when it comes to invading their privacy because they're just people.

But I do know that you were joking, Extortion. I was joking, too. But it was more of an inside joke between me and Carmela. So if you didn't get it, I understand.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/17/14 01:50 PM

I was merely pointing out that wiseguys have always attracted the same types of groupies and stalkers that celebrities and athletes attract. And it's especially true today, in the Internet age. It's just that, when some nutjob sleeps in his car across the street from Vinny Basciano's old house to take a picture, or approaches Tore LoCasio at the Publix on Marco Island, and tells him "great job on staying low key," rolleyes it doesn't make the newspapers.

People actually do that in NY?

And I'm from Louisiana, I'm not calling Neil to shoot the shit and ask him if his pigeons are "coo-ing"; That's way too much for long distance.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/17/14 04:28 PM

There are lots of crazies in this world, Lalou. People used to approach Gotti for his fucking autograph all the time. And he enjoyed the fucking attention. But look how things worked out for him wink.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/18/14 07:24 PM

There are lots of crazies in this world, Lalou. People used to approach Gotti for his fucking autograph all the time. And he enjoyed the fucking attention. But look how things worked out for him wink.

I don't see how asking for John Gotti's autograph qualifies as "crazy stalker". I'm sure myself and many others on here and in general would want to get his autograph.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/18/14 08:13 PM

I don't see how asking for John Gotti's autograph qualifies as "crazy stalker". I'm sure myself and many others on here and in general would want to get his autograph.

Well, you're right. That wouldn't necessarily make someone a "crazy stalker." But sitting on a guy's house just to take a picture and put it on the Internet would. And these guys do get those types of crazies in their lives. And I wasn't singling anyone out on this board.

Look, we all have an interest in this stuff or we wouldn't be here. But if you're searching property records and using Google Earth to see what mafioso homes look like, then your interest is probably a little more than what's healthy.

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/19/14 01:03 AM

Definitely agree with you there.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Neil Migliore likes pigeons - 03/21/14 08:02 PM

Getting back on track, everyone should watch the movie "Ghost Dog" a real classic and mandatory for LCN and pigeon enthusiasts everywhere!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET