Home

Hello

Posted By: Owney_Madden

Hello - 02/28/14 08:30 PM

I have fairly recently come across this site and what a treasure trove it is. I've been something of a Mafia buff since the early eighties. I think what fascinates me is how they got away it. Being from England I have relied on books and TV documentaries for my information. To be honest till I came on here I thought I knew a bit about the subject.... How wrong.
Could I as an initial enquiry cast you're minds back to when Joe Colombo was shot. I've seen it written many times that that his assailant was shot and killed by one of Colombo's body guards. Who was the Body guard? Did he ever face any charges relating to the incident? In lots of pictures of Colombo leading up to that time he is with a large man wearing glasses. The same man is seen leaning over him just after the incident. Who is he? Could he be the body guard?
Thanks in advance for any info. Keep up the good work with the site
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Hello - 02/28/14 08:48 PM

Welcome to the board.
Posted By: Gingello101182

Re: Hello - 02/28/14 08:50 PM

Hi Owney welcome to the boards. According to Greg Scarpa's FBIfiles, he told the FBI who he thought killed Jerome Johnson, the guy who shot Colombo. Unfortunately, the name of the suspected killer is redacted. What this means, in my opinion, is that the FBI knows who killed Johnson, but because the person who killed Johnson is still alive (or died recently, the public files are redacted (crossed out).

No one was ever charged with killing Johnson. One of the other knowledgeable posters may have a better guest who the bodyguard is/was.

Here is a link to the Scarpa Files.
http://vault.fbi.gov/gregory-scarpa-sr
Posted By: JoeySmokesBalls123

Re: Hello - 02/28/14 09:30 PM

GBB Is a gold mine OF FALSE INFORMATION >SOME< of these people are SMOKED THE FUCK OUT! So many fucking conspiracy theories It makes me laugh.

Welcome to GBB cyber space of SNITCHES + BITCHES!

Now I must go get a flower then take It back to my tower give It to my Queen but guess what? None of you know WHAT THE FUCK I MEAN!

Have a nice day don't end up gay : )

I'm going to go now but first I shall take a bow.
Posted By: SC

Re: Hello - 02/28/14 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeySmokesBalls123

Don't let the door hit you in your ass.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Hello - 02/28/14 11:00 PM

Welcome to the board Owney, are you Irish? I know you said England but Madden I think is an Irish name? We have threads that deal with Irish (IRA) and England if you want to check those out!
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Hello - 02/28/14 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Owney_Madden
I have fairly recently come across this site and what a treasure trove it is. I've been something of a Mafia buff since the early eighties. I think what fascinates me is how they got away it. Being from England I have relied on books and TV documentaries for my information. To be honest till I came on here I thought I knew a bit about the subject.... How wrong.
Could I as an initial enquiry cast you're minds back to when Joe Colombo was shot. I've seen it written many times that that his assailant was shot and killed by one of Colombo's body guards. Who was the Body guard? Did he ever face any charges relating to the incident? In lots of pictures of Colombo leading up to that time he is with a large man wearing glasses. The same man is seen leaning over him just after the incident. Who is he? Could he be the body guard?
Thanks in advance for any info. Keep up the good work with the site
Immediately following the shooting of Johnson,the shooter fled the scene and was never (officially)positively identified.There has been much speculation,but no concrete evidence as to who did it and why. Also fleeing the scene was a young woman who was assisting Johnson,and supposedly called out to Colombo just before Johnson shot him. To this day,no one knows the identity of the woman or whether she knew what Johnson was going to do.
Naturally,the presumption is that whoever ordered the actual hit on Colombo made sure that Johnson would never talk.
An interesting case,but chances are,it will remain unsolved.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: JoeySmokesBalls123

Don't let the door hit you in your ass.

He said goodbye, so I disabled his account. I told him to "Have a nice day try not to end up gay" ...whatever. *yawn*
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 09:14 AM

I remember reading somewhere, but I honestly don´t remember where (might be in the Joey Cantalupo book) that Johnson´s shooter/Colombo´s bodyguard was Philip "Chubby" Rosillo. According to the info I read, Chubby was made into the Colombo Family soon afterwards (around 1972). Chubby died in 1998.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 09:17 AM

Hairy your spot on , I've got the book and that's what it states
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
I remember reading somewhere, but I honestly don´t remember where (might be in the Joey Cantalupo book) that Johnson´s shooter/Colombo´s bodyguard was Philip "Chubby" Rosillo. According to the info I read, Chubby was made into the Colombo Family soon afterwards (around 1972). Chubby died in 1998.

Didn't he have more than one though?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 12:10 PM

Welcome Owney

one down six to go !
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Didn't he have more than one though?

I´m sure he had. But Rosillo was the one mentioned as Johnson´s shooter.

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 12:58 PM

An FBI affidavit supporting the warrant to search Rossillo said Rossillo was photographed carrying a black satchel just before the shooting of Colombo. Im- mediately after the shooting, it said, police found a black satchel containing a fully- loaded pistol close to the point where Rossillo was photographed.the other bodyguards that day where santo vigno and tge rat who was close to tommy shots gioeli paulie guns bevacqua

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 12:59 PM

Vigno was the bodyguard of colombos son anthony and rossillio was joe colombos bodyguard
Posted By: Owney_Madden

Re: Hello - 03/01/14 02:29 PM

La louisiane I'm English/Irish. I chose the user name because I'm from a town where Owney Madden lived for a while before going to America.
Reading the reply's It sounds on the face of it like the FBI had a bit of an off day. I Saw a programme recently where one agent said they swamped the Italian American rallies because they knew all the Colombo's would be there and they could get photo's. I doubt its been often when they have been on the spot when its gone off like that.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET