Home

Frankie loc

Posted By: domwoods74

Frankie loc - 02/23/14 09:35 AM

Was just wondering how Frankie loc ended up in gottis inner circle ?? He wasn't part of the fist and wasn't really close to gotti , I know he was a big money earner in the Bronx
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Frankie loc - 02/23/14 12:45 PM

Appeasing certain family members I think and then they grew on each other and becoming closer to gotti than sammy was on a personal level
Posted By: azguy

Re: Frankie loc - 02/23/14 07:22 PM

You don't hear much about him, his incarnation...heck I don't even know what crimes he was accused of. He must have gotten life under RICO...
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Frankie loc - 02/23/14 07:32 PM

He got caught on the wiretaps with Gotti discussing several murders. According to Sammy's testimony, he helped dispose of DiBi's body. He had been made since the sixties and was probably chosen because he was believed to be dependable, loyal, and not willing to ruffle any feathers; three traits that Gotti was always willing to reward, so he became acting UB once Piney Joe went away. He later switched positions with Sammy and became consigliere, but that was owed more to Sammy's growing influence within the family than anything done wrong by Frankie.

Re: Frankie loc - 02/23/14 07:47 PM

Yeah , thanks snakes . I thought that was the case , in the beginning gotti tried to pick guys in key positions that wouldn't ruffle feathers . He prob pissed enough people off whacking big Paul without proper authorisation
Posted By: pmac

Re: Frankie loc - 02/23/14 08:57 PM

he got life for the dibono hit and just a couple yrs ago was appealing it saying theres missing wire tap tape were he told gotti to spare dibono and just take the 50k he would bring in. but dumb ass gotti had to kill the guy for not coming in when he was called for. same thing with that guy tommy dibrizzi in ct. gotti killed a lot of people for bullshit reasons. he got life cause gotti was on tape talking about killing dibono that's sucks. he didn't get charged with moving d.b. body cause I don't think its a federal crime. there a old Colombo guy who moved wild bills body got caught on tape with his wired up capo, asking him if he think he would be charged. tommy shots just clled him up and told him to take the body. but the feds never charged him this was like 3 yrs ago.

Re: Frankie loc - 02/23/14 09:24 PM

he got caught on the ravenite tapes telling gotti he was made at age 23 so did some quick calcs probably 1956 meaning he was made by the madd hatter. there was that old guy from the westside he said he was made at age 18 in 1947 uncle joey think was his name. scarpa was made in 51 at age 22 23. and snake persico was made very young. gotti says on the wire jeez frank you were born made, with slite admiration. some hard word to spell the last line.

Re: Frankie loc - 02/24/14 04:16 AM

Thanks pmac , great info pal
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Frankie loc - 02/24/14 02:48 PM

Yea I agree there isn't that much info on him. The problem is his boss (Gotti) was so popular with the masses that all attention was on him. But I would not mind hearing a lot more about him.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Frankie loc - 02/24/14 04:08 PM

If Frankie Loc didn't get tied up with Gotti he would have went his entire life flying under the radar. He's one of the quietest and low-key wiseguys to ever come out of the Bronx. I don't usually feel bad for most of these guys, but he's an exception. It's a shame what happened to him.

And yeah, pmac. Frank was a kid when he got straightened out. His brother Joe was fairly young, too. But Joe wasn't nearly as quiet and serious. Joe always loved the horses and playing cards. He ran a game at his club by the Bronx Zoo for years.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Frankie loc - 02/24/14 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
If Frankie Loc didn't get tied up with Gotti he would have went his entire life flying under the radar. He's one of the quietest and low-key wiseguys to ever come out of the Bronx. I don't usually feel bad for most of these guys, but he's an exception. It's a shame what happened to him.

And yeah, pmac. Frank was a kid when he got straightened out. His brother Joe was fairly young, too. But Joe wasn't nearly as quiet and serious. Joe always loved the horses and playing cards. He ran a game at his club by the Bronx Zoo for years.

Yea I agree. It's like Frankie said "My only crime is being a good friend of John Gotti."

Re: Frankie loc - 02/24/14 11:04 PM

shit if just wasn't In the room that day he would be free. it was him gotti and Sammy the bull. he got life for conspiracy to murder in the aid of ract. thats a big net. boston mob lawyer antohny cardinal went to bat for frank trying everything to get him a appeal, saying gotti threaten him+other shit. he's like a cerlibrity at fort devens probably not as much as when gotti was alive. probably hanging with sonny fransese and the rest of the aarp mob up there. he beat the gambling charge he was also charge with. think it was getting a slice of the ct operation. tommy Gambino did well in the nutmeg state.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 01:17 AM

Brother of Tone?
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 05:09 AM

Did frankie loc actually grow up in the bronx ? What part?
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Don't quote me but I think he's from the Pelham Parkway area, as PB said his brother Joe had a clubhouse by the zoo and Torre's crew used to hang around there too, am I right Pizz?

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
Don't quote me but I think he's from the Pelham Parkway area, as PB said his brother Joe had a clubhouse by the zoo and Torre's crew used to hang around there too, am I right Pizz?

Spot-on, Tony Kid smile.

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 06:53 PM

The guy who was involved in the biggest scam the mob has ever had , which involved salvatore locascio and his crew , Richard martino is out this year I believe ?

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 06:59 PM

Yeah, Richie comes home this summer. And I've read a lot of silly predictions on these sites about him "joining the administration" and whatnot when he gets out. But don't be surprised if he takes his fortune and moves to Florida full-time. The guy did a ton of time for what amounts to white collar bullshit. If he wants to head down there and sit in the sun with his compare, no one will stop him. He's earned that right wink.

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
tommy Gambino did well in the nutmeg state.

He did, pmac. But he was never hands on. From the time Tommy was given that territory (right around the time Breezy got popped), right up until he packed it in and moved to California, Braciole was the real power up there.

Re: Frankie loc - 02/25/14 08:18 PM

Thanks pizza , great info as usual
Posted By: DelcoNostra

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 02:41 AM

What about his son? I think Tore is out on the street but not sure. If he is, is he still active? He's probably still relatively young..
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 03:52 AM

He's out and he's still active but he's not terribly young at 54 but relatively speaking by mafia standards he is.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117

Spot-on, Tony Kid smile.

Do you guys happen to know which neighborhood the club was in? West Farms or Van Nest maybe? I can't picture it being near southern boulevard, just cause that was a rotten area. Most of the zoo surroundings were pretty rough.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: DelcoNostra
What about his son? I think Tore is out on the street but not sure. If he is, is he still active? He's probably still relatively young..

A lot of people say he's semi retired. He's loaded and living in florida or california if i remember right, Andy Campos is running his crew, only acting though I think. If Richie Martino wants it when he gets out, he gets it.

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 01:58 PM

I can't understand why martino would want it , I bet he has more money than tore
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I can't understand why martino would want it , I bet he has more money than tore

A lot more I'd say. He had to forfeit 20 mil of what he made off the scams but bet he has double that at least.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Brother of Tone?

Lol, I just caught that. Good one Sonny!

Re: Frankie loc - 02/27/14 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: DelcoNostra

A lot of people say he's semi retired. He's loaded and living in florida or california if i remember right

That's right, Tommy. Tore's in Naples living the good life. Nothing clandestine about it. He's not down there pretending to be retired to fool the Feds or any of those other silly conspiracy theories. He loves it down there and that's that.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Frankie loc - 03/13/14 01:51 PM

I love the story about Gotti making Frankie Loc cry when they were in Prison together.

Gotti was such an asshole.

Sammy was a rat but can you blame him?

Why should he take life lying down just because of Gotti's ineptitude?

..and then Gotti tries to throw him under the bus.

Loc got screwed as well.

Any wonder the guy feels hard done by when people like Massino are free.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Frankie loc - 05/18/14 05:16 PM

From Underboss

"If he’d had to bet on who might
turn, it would have been the most marginal defendant, Frank Locascio. But Locascio had a serious problem. His son was a made member of the family. If Frank flipped, he would be signing his son’s death warrant."

D'Arco flipped before Gravano and his son was a made member. IDK why this would stop Frankie.

Re: Frankie loc - 05/18/14 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
From Underboss

turn, it would have been the most marginal defendant, Frank Locascio. But Locascio had a serious problem. His son was a made member of the family. If Frank flipped, he would be signing his son’s death warrant."

D'Arco flipped before Gravano and his son was a made member. IDK why this would stop Frankie.

Because it's fucking absurd. That's why.

Frankie Loc is a STONE FUCKING GANGSTER. He wouldn't have flipped if Christ came off the Cross and told him to.

And this is why I really don't read too many of the books. Even the bios that are well written (like "Underboss") are filled with hearsay and outright bullshit rolleyes .
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Frankie loc - 05/18/14 05:25 PM

From Underboss

D'arco son also flipped with him to prevent him from getting killed
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Frankie loc - 05/18/14 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyL
From Underboss

D'arco son also flipped with him to prevent him from getting killed

Could you imagine sitting down your son " Son, were going to flip together, I hope that's okay with you?"

Didn't Shecklehead flip because his son flipped?
Posted By: cheech

Re: Frankie loc - 05/19/14 01:06 PM

From Underboss

Because it's fucking absurd. That's why.

Frankie Loc is a STONE FUCKING GANGSTER. He wouldn't have flipped if Christ came off the Cross and told him to.

And this is why I really don't read too many of the books. Even the bios that are well written (like "Underboss") are filled with hearsay and outright bullshit rolleyes .

great post
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Frankie loc - 05/19/14 04:51 PM

People seem to have problems with that. Gotta have an excuse for everything!

They just have to realize the dude wasn't going to give anything up lol

I agree on a lot of those books too. Gravano acted like he had too much class to flip and had every excuse in the book to say why he flipped. Just come out and say "I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in the joint and got out". I'd respect that more than hearing the excuses they come up with.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Frankie loc - 08/15/18 11:21 PM

Frankie caught a bad wrap. Yeah technically he was apart of the administration but he was a bookmaker before this. I feel he was content with running the Bronx faction and just staying off the radar. The Ravenite ruined everything.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET