Home

Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier

Posted By: LaLouisiane

Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/20/14 08:23 PM

Hey guys, I'm in the middle of Al D'arco's book "Mob Boss" at the part where Casso and Vic are making new members in to the family around Thanksgiving. In the book it says a guy named Mike Desantis was made after helping carry out a hit on Sonny Morrisey a few weeks earlier.

He was the guy that operated the backhoe used to bury Sonny and ended up digging the grave uneven (Four Ft deep on one end and Two Ft deep on the other). Is Desantis an Italian last name or was he one of the few non Italians that were made? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: baldo

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/20/14 08:29 PM

Desantis is an italian last name. Don't have any other info on him though.
Posted By: TheArm

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/20/14 10:14 PM

He had family in Upstate NY, his cousin Frankie was a fringe Bretti crew associate whose ex wife Angela Amodio Desantis was beat to within an inch of her life and left for dead on the side of I95 in Florida during the ABC wars becuse she was suspected of being an informent. The sad part is,she wasnt. Afther that however, she became one. Typical Colombo stupidity
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/21/14 04:11 AM

Not all Italian names end in vowels. And a lot of family names were shortened or misspelled when people got off the boats at Ellis Island.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/21/14 09:18 AM

Desantis was the one who supposedly was going to kill darco in the hotel, D'arco was there to have a meeting with Lastorino,Bowat and Sal Avellino.In his book he said that bowat and Lastorino were acting very different and strange towards him. Supposedly out of nowhere Desantis came into the room and D'arco said he saw he had on a bullet proof vest and saw a bulge of a pistol in his waistband.. D'arco thought him and Avellino were going to get hit so he took off.. I don't know if I believe that they would really kill 2 people in the Kimberly hotel in Manhattan.. sounds like a horrible spot for a hit.. but with gaspipe calling the shots anything is believable.. guy was a fucking maniac..
was Desantis really there to kill Avellino and D'arco? who knows? maybe... but during that time period when everyone was getting killed I don't think D'arco was going to wait around and find out.. I could only imagine the level of paranoia all the Lucchese guys must have felt during that time period..
Posted By: TheArm

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/21/14 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
Not all Italian names end in vowels. And a lot of family names were shortened or misspelled when people got off the boats at Ellis Island.

If I am not mistaken, Desantis means "the saints" in Latin, or something close to that
DeAngelis is another common Italian name, meaning “The angels”
Posted By: faffy444

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/21/14 04:51 PM

Desantis translates to of or from the saints, while Deangelis translates to of or from the angels. the prefix De, or Di, or D' refer to of or from.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/21/14 11:25 PM

In the book it says he was to be released in 2010, so he should be on the streets right now.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/22/14 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
Desantis was the one who supposedly was going to kill darco in the hotel, D'arco was there to have a meeting with Lastorino,Bowat and Sal Avellino.In his book he said that bowat and Lastorino were acting very different and strange towards him. Supposedly out of nowhere Desantis came into the room and D'arco said he saw he had on a bullet proof vest and saw a bulge of a pistol in his waistband.. D'arco thought him and Avellino were going to get hit so he took off.. I don't know if I believe that they would really kill 2 people in the Kimberly hotel in Manhattan.. sounds like a horrible spot for a hit.. but with gaspipe calling the shots anything is believable.. guy was a fucking maniac..
was Desantis really there to kill Avellino and D'arco? who knows? maybe... but during that time period when everyone was getting killed I don't think D'arco was going to wait around and find out.. I could only imagine the level of paranoia all the Lucchese guys must have felt during that time period..

Yes
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/22/14 08:34 PM

In Casso's book it mentions Desantis had a plan to escape from Otisville by horseback when they were both locked up there, being a city guy Casso wanted no parts of it. I wonder if Desantis is still active, I sometimes naively think guys who were relatively new to the life and only were around during turbulent times and did long prison sentences like him would stay away from the life when they get out, but the vast majority jump back in if they can.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/22/14 10:08 PM

DeSantis was made in 1989 and probably put with Fat Pete Chiodo. He was a known loanshark.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Info on Mike Desantis, Luchese Soldier - 02/23/14 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
In Casso's book it mentions Desantis had a plan to escape from Otisville by horseback when they were both locked up there, being a city guy Casso wanted no parts of it. I wonder if Desantis is still active, I sometimes naively think guys who were relatively new to the life and only were around during turbulent times and did long prison sentences like him would stay away from the life when they get out, but the vast majority jump back in if they can.

Most made guys were involved in OC for decades before getting their button. I doubt he was new to the life.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET