Home

Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti

Posted By: philipbracci

Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 11:42 AM

Hi guys

I've read a lot about the Scarfo mob and one guy that was very interesting was Phil Leonetti. I'm sure you've read his book and the many others out there and his many TV interviews, which are all good and tells us about the Scarfo era.
However, I find Leonetti to be someone with a complex. When he talks about murder he says things like "we" are the good guys and we were against the bad guys. When he explains his 'friend' Salvie Testa he says it was a shame and he wished Testa never got killed and it was his uncle who had him killed because he was paranoid and power hungry and it had nothing to do with him he was just an innocent spectator when his uncle wanted to kill Testa. Yet in the book Blood and Honour Nicky the Crow quoted Leonetti as saying, "This motherfucker, I'm getting sick and tired of looking at him." Sounds like he loved Sal Testa. Also during his 1996 interview he tries to make out he was a good guy by killing bad people. That's why I say he has a complex because I think he wants to the world to see him as a 'nice guy' while blaming everything on his Uncle Nicky. In that same interview Tommy Del hidden, said Phil would have never left the mob if he hadn't been sentenced to 45-years-in prison. Phil said he flipped because he was saving his son from the mob, and because his Uncle was out of control and killing everyone including his best fried the one he said, "That motherfucker, I'm getting sick and tired of looking at him." When you read his book he tries to discredit Tommy Del, Joe the Plumber, Nicky Crow, and George Fresolone by saying they should have never been welcomed in the organization because they were no good. He says that because they made him look like a CRAZY killer who liked to murder people in their own records/books of meeting him. He didn't like that because he wants to portray himself as the victim. In the end the guy didn't want to spend 45-years in prison and he ratted out everyone he could to stop that from happening. I hope in the future he can be more honest about his past instead of blaming his uncle. Phil was a willing pupil, he says it himself and loved everything about La Cosa Nostra, apart from doing prison time for it, and that's what it all boils down to. Has nothing to do with his son, wife (former girlfriend of Vince Falcone) or his mother, it was because he didn't want to face prison, and he certainly didn't do it because Salvie Testa was murdered.
So Phil if you ever browse these pages and read this please be honest and stop weaselling your way out of things.

But as Silvio Dante says, "It will never fuckin happen!"

If anyone else has an opinion on Phil Leonetti please reply.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 08:20 PM

Well personally I think as a father of course he didn't want to miss his only son grow up. Phil had no choice with his life because of uncle Nicky. He was trying to give his kid a chance at life besides the mob. But who is to say that if he only got a 10-15 years that it would have been se outcome. But as much as he was forced into the "life" he lived it and loved it.

I'm sure the father In him wanted the family life but the criminal in him wanted a way out of a long prison term. At least he didn't end up like Sammy the Bull and end up back in jail. But who am I to say what he was up to. Lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 08:50 PM

Hi Phillymob

Yeah I have to agree that he has turned his life around and hasn't gone back to that way of life, but I doubt he made the jump with the Government solely because of his son. If that was the case why did he not go away sooner when he started 'despising' his uncle who he said had gotten out of control and he was planning to kill him. It took a 45-year prison sentence for him to see 'the light' and put his priorities in order.

Also what is interesting is the fact that in his book he doesn't mention his son's mother and how he met her. You just seem to read along and suddenly he mentions his son. I'm wondering if the mother is the girl Joe Salerno mentions about when he said he saw Phil stick a knife to her throat. Could she have been the mother of Phil's son or just one of his girlfriends. I believe this girl was a waitress. If anyone has any information please pass it along.

What was good about reading Joe Salerno's book and watching Phil's 1996 interview was the way Salerno said Phil would get that 'look' in his eyes when he was trying to decide weather he liked you or not, that was chilling Salerno said. I noticed it a few times when the interviewer Forest challenges him on some issues you can see that glare in his eyes. I bet he did wrestle the gun away from his uncle so he could shoot Vince Falcone in the heart again unlike Phil's version were he said Nicky ordered him to fire.

Be great to see what he looks like now.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 09:03 PM

Seems that Chris Scarfo stood up to his father...and never got involved. I think him and Phil are around the same age.

IMO Phil flipped because he didn't want to serve 45 years in prison. I'm sure worrying about his son was part of it too but i think the main guy Phil was worried about was himself.

Just my opinion.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 09:08 PM

I tend to agree Giancarlo , I must admit out of all the books I've read I did feel some sympathy towards leonetti , scarfo was a despotic maniac
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 09:25 PM

I've read Blood and Honor and Mafia Prince and I'm pretty familiar with that era. I honestly feel like although mafia prince was a good read there is a lot of self serving BS in there. Caramandi seems like he has less motivation to lie IMO and I believe his account about Testa over Leonettis. I also gamble with a few gents who grew up in that era and were pretty close to the Pungs and in the know. From what they say when Salvie Testa got killed everyone was happy and fine with it, and all of the regret and thinking it was such a mistake came years and years later and is probably BS. Mafia Prince is a great read but you can easily tell Leonetti is grasping at straws trying to justify things and make himself look better.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 09:27 PM

Also BTW it is absurd to think he flipped for any other reason besides the fact he was looking at football numbers in federal prison.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 09:52 PM

VegasMike

Your right the guy is grasping at straws. He had more concern about what he had to eat the night that he went along with Salvie's murder then secretly regretting it. I just hope, which will never happen, that he stops pushing everything on Nicky who lets remember was a mad killer, and start just being honest about the role he played during his time as a Philly mobster. Phil has this complex about trying to be the nice friendly killer who did what he had to do because it was against bad people. You can see it in his interview and book that if no charges hadn't been brought against him he would have taken over the organization (if New York allowed) and carried on the way he was without having thoughts about running away and starting a new life like he tries to make out in his book. He loved La Cosa Nostra and he loved murder as much as his uncle did. As Tommy Del said, "The only difference between him and Scarfo, was that Scarfo came first."

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/11/14 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
I've read Blood and Honor and Mafia Prince and I'm pretty familiar with that era. I honestly feel like although mafia prince was a good read there is a lot of self serving BS in there. Caramandi seems like he has less motivation to lie IMO and I believe his account about Testa over Leonettis. I also gamble with a few gents who grew up in that era and were pretty close to the Pungs and in the know. From what they say when Salvie Testa got killed everyone was happy and fine with it, and all of the regret and thinking it was such a mistake came years and years later and is probably BS. Mafia Prince is a great read but you can easily tell Leonetti is grasping at straws trying to justify things and make himself look better.

I agree Vegas. Any person that is involved in their own book is always gonna make it sound the best for themselves. Look at Bill Bonanno Anthony Casso and so on..... I mean their not gonna make themselves look bad ya know. But hey the books make for awesome reading there is no denying that. I enjoyed Mafia Prince
Posted By: 22

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 12:13 AM

You know I really liked that book but I never really thought about the things you guys are saying.But now when I think about it yeah I guess he wasn't a so called guy that went along for the ride.I sort of admired him afterwards but I never really got anybody else's point of view on it.Yes he definetley was a willing participant.I thought when Scarfo's son had that self-inflicted accident that he thought what if that was my son.Sometimes you wonder how different things would have been if Salvie was still alive.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 01:57 AM

You guys are reading Phil real good.He was not in any way a disrespectful kid or teen.He never stole, bullied, scammed or swindled,till he hit 16 maybe 17.Then Nicks influence came with vengeance.Phil totally changed started hanging with Philly guys.This also had to do with Nick moving up.Phil had his 10 guys he hung with in the area one is a superintendent of a large school district in south jersey another is a very successful businessman and freeholder a third is a CEO of a major utilities.Down here in AC the town is so diff from Philly and NY.So what i am saying he did not grow up a hardened career criminal until he was an adult. So when it fell apart he saw that that was it. He was tired of all the shit.This guy and lots of us grew up right across the street from our catholic school and convent on georgia ave.Only 4 guys from ducktown became made men..
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 02:12 AM

I am very inclined believe what Serpiente posts. I get a strong He knew these guys; you can tell he did.

With that said, another side of looking at Philip is that if he had acted any differently in front of everyone else, with respect to Salvie, he would have been dead before Salvie. That's a fact. Uncle or not, Nicky Sr. told him LCN came first. Boss makes the rules. Nicky was so tied up with Genovese by that time, they may have been in his ear to get rid of Salvie; too much publicity. Think about the Chin. We all know we don't always say what we feel; Phil is entitled to that possibility as well.

But, the fact is, he knowingly participated, directly/indirectly, in every killing the minute he started in with his uncle. He was an accessory to the Reds Caruso thing; technically.
Posted By: MemphisMafia

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 02:35 AM

I agree,I enjoy reading all Serpiente's post.Seems to have a great deal of authentic info.Very interesting.In the 96 interview Leonetti was asked if he felt remorse or regret for any of the murders.He bluntly says no.He hasn't lost a minutes sleep over anything in his past.I believe he was just as jealous and wary of Testa as Scarfo.That he not only wanted him killed but he pushed for it as well.If the Scarfo mob never went to prison he would have never ratted.He would have many more murders under his belt by now in my opinion

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 04:27 AM

I'll second that about Serpiente,seems to know AC like the back of his hand,telling us those stories before about the ''Blade'' Virilgio and others.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 07:46 PM

Maybe he didn't start his criminal career until he was in his teens/early adult years but his mentality was that of a criminal when he was a young kid. The man says it himself in his 1996 interview when his Uncle told him all about the Red Caruso murder, Phil said he felt great when his uncle needed his help and was happy how his uncle explained how he killed the guy. What I'm saying about Phil is that he is a very good manipulator about his own portrayal in the public's eye with His quiet demeanour his good looks and charm played well in front of the cameras while he masked an underbelly of violence, and if you notice if anyone tries to question his violent past he puts it all on his Uncle Nicky. I'm not saying Nicky Scarfo Sr wasn't ruthless, but I don't believe Phil when he tries to play the victim. Those who knew him like the Crow, Tommy Del, George Fresolone, and semi-legit Joe Salerno all say he was just as violent as his uncle.

Does anyone know anything about his son's mother? I'm curious about that part of his life because in his book he don't mention anything about his son being born or anything. I'm wondering if the mother is the girl who he stuck a knife to her throat, which Joe Salerno says he witnessed one time in Phil's kitchen.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 08:51 PM

bracci : I was not told this by Phil it was told to me by one of our boys.This is second hand from years ago. She was a waitress from Philly, like i said he started to spend a lot of time there.From what i was told she was a bit of a party girl. I guess cus he did have parental custody not often woman give up there baby. I don't recall if it was right from the start. His wife now he calls her Maria that is not her name. She was a local girl and has a twin sister and two others and a brother that used to work at scarf Inc.(the brother worked for scarf inc. not the girls)The two sisters worked at the restaurant on the corner of georgia ave. and artic ave.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:23 PM

Thanks Sepertine

Yeah I guess something happened with him having custody of his son over the mother. Did you know Phil well? If you did, did anything change when you learnt that he was a stone cold killer? Where people more cautious around him? I like to see if he portrayed himself differently than the one he shows off in his interviews.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:31 PM

Seems to be conflicting viewpoints on Leonetti, like Serpiente is saying, that guy in the Primetime interview who runs the bakery says the same thing, he was never a violent person, even in his senior years in High School, and he would've never thought he'd go on to be what he became. Yet others say he's this kid who had a perplexity for violence. I know one thing, he's not special from any other rat, he flipped because he didn't want to spend the majority of the rest of his adult life in prison, so he ratted everybody out.

I'm still waiting for his book to arrive at my door, I ordered it about a week ago, yet I'm still aware of the self serving shit that may be in it.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
His wife now he calls her Maria that is not her name. She was a local girl and has a twin sister and two others and a brother that used to work at scarf Inc.(the brother worked for scarf inc. not the girls)The two sisters worked at the restaurant on the corner of georgia ave. and artic ave.

Hey whats up Serp?

Did "Maria" happen to have a brother named Vince? I think he died in the early 1980's?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:46 PM

bracci: Yes i did know him ,like you would know someone that grew up on your block most of your life.And i did feel diff but i knew .I have an uncle in the life.It was more like a your team my team thing almost(I dont know how to put it)other people on the block "Yea" when they found out.Then the others that knew Nick were ready for it.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:49 PM

Gcarlo There was a brother that worked for scarf inc. Carman, And there was a older one that was never around for some reason ,I forgot till u asked he was Michael.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:53 PM

Sinatra : The Bakers name is used in his book also, He is one of the bakers that make the bread for the White House Subs (not D.C.)

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:58 PM

Look one day we were running around in gray sweat pants and shirts with chuck taylors ,Next day Phil was in big black boots blue or black jeans black knit turtle neck and a half length leather jacket with a 2" belt looking the part..

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 09:59 PM

Gcarlo There was a brother that worked for scarf inc. Carman, And there was a older one that was never around for some reason ,I forgot till u asked he was Michael.

Thanks Serp. I was thinking of this one guy named Vince who was friends with Phil...and i'm pretty sure he died in the early 1980's. Was wondering if it was a natural death or something else...the guy was only 30 or maybe 31.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 10:03 PM

Man" i will have to think vince, tony ,lots of those names around back then...

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 10:06 PM

Man" i will have to think vince, tony ,lots of those names around back then...

No big deal...i just didn't want to say his last name in case he was this Maria's brother. The Vince i'm talking about was partners with Phil in some concrete company. He's mentioned in Phil's book.....and i think he died in the early 80's....but i'm not positive on that.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 10:09 PM

You know a lot of people Phil and reporters and feds and me have said some not so good thins about Nick sr. he was loved by alot of people around here. I will put some posts out about him. He was a good guy to people in this area. I have to think and put to words. (not real good at it )but i will.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 10:11 PM

O yea " Big Big guy , if it is i know him and he is still in bizz..

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 10:18 PM

Dam i just saw you said he died in the 80s, one got wacked. the other one i am talking was an employee of Phil then went off on his owen. He is still in bizz in somers point.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 10:37 PM

Serp the guy i'm thinking of was Vince Bancheri....he's mentioned a few times in Phil's book. Him and Leonetti had a concrete company but then i think he went to work at Scarfo's company. I don't have the book in front of me but i'm pretty sure thats basically what Phil wrote in his book. I think he lived in Ventnor.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 10:59 PM

G: If his nick name is (Bruno)then it is him.I dont know if you know that scarf inc. was Phils not nick sr. Phil just used scarf.as a catch name. and boy did it catch.. Also Phil changed some names in his book.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 11:10 PM

Here you go Serp..it says Bancheri burnt down his house and then him and Phil used the insurance money to start a concrete business.

http://books.google.com/books?id=_W8fAQAAQBAJ&pg=PA55

No big deal...i just thought he might of been Maria's brother but i guess not.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/12/14 11:31 PM

Yes that is true, There was someone, but i just cant put my finger on it.That name does ring a bell. Cus there was a guy in Brig that showed Phil the concrete bizz also. And the nick names everyone used back in the day. Put it this way the guy did not live around us. But that does not mean anything. It will come to me.If it is one of the guys i am thinking of he was not around long.And it could be that guy from Brig.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/13/14 09:26 AM

Serp

When Phil was a Caporegime, who was in his crew? Also Lawrence Merlino was a Caporegime too, who was under his control. There has never been a chart of the Scarfo mob that listed all the crews with the soldiers in them. I'm interested in that because I was hoping Phil would have expanded on his role as a captain a bit more in his book because he had many dealings with different wiseguys across the East Coast Families. Any info you have Serp would be great.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/13/14 09:33 PM

I don't believe for one second that Leonetti cooperated because he was worried for his son...He waited until he was convicted to flip, which makes one would think that if he was aquitted he would have went right back to the mob..He could have cooperated the minute he was arrested, but didn't !!

I don't think he's gotten back in to crime because without his uncle around, he's back to being a nobody !!!
Posted By: Gingello101182

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/13/14 10:12 PM

Hey DiLorenzo, I know where Leonetti and his wife live in California. They live about 30 minutes from me. They own a few apartment buildings and a few single family homes which he and his wife collect rent for. I would guess the money him and his wife collect in rent along with Phil's TV appearances and his book, they do pretty well. If I remember correctly I think he stole money from his Uncle before he went into the program which he invested out here. He is an opportunistic asshole for sure, but you got to hand it to him he did come out on top.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/13/14 11:16 PM

Gingello

You should try and get a picture of him. I wonder what he looks like? I read he had plastic surgery and looks ugly.

What's people's opinion on Phil marrying Marie the girlfriend of Vince Falcone?

I think its a weird setup because obviously she liked Vince Falcone at one point and then to find out her new boyfriend and eventual husband Phil killed him must have caused her some pain and suffering? If not I have to say it sounds like some perverted romance.
Posted By: ThatsLife215

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/13/14 11:26 PM

Serp you seem to know more than the average bear about Scarfo Sr. I have a question for you, I grew up around the corner from Milano brothers and the rumor was that Nicky Whip was Scarfo kid. Did you think there is any truth to that?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:21 AM

bracci: I never asked him or them anything about LCN,but i would hear them slip.There was one night that Yogi and myself and Tommy and Tony G. were going to shoot some pool at the brjole cafe on mississippi and atlantic,we were waiting for Phil to show up.This was the only time Yogi or any of them talked in a conversation about it.Yogi says to me can i borrow $$$$ i looked up looked at Phil Tommy and Tony and they nodded (like ok)he went on to say that Nick knocked him and Chucky down and he need to $$$$ to make a move.Why he did not ask Phil for it i can only guess that if Nick asked if he helped Lawrence he could say no!!! And i dont think Phil had a crew ,weird but he did everything and i mean everything for Nick sr. As far as Yogi yea he did but i did not know who they were, so many around the office at georgia ave could not tell who they were there for or what..

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:28 AM

Life : I have no clue about that,never seen Nick out of A.C. I would see him walk to Beeps and to the store but thats it. As time went on you never seen him alone (always with Phil)Before like in early 70s he would be around and drive him self.But after 75ish no.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: philipbracci
Gingello

You should try and get a picture of him. I wonder what he looks like? I read he had plastic surgery and looks ugly.

What's people's opinion on Phil marrying Marie the girlfriend of Vince Falcone?

I think its a weird setup because obviously she liked Vince Falcone at one point and then to find out her new boyfriend and eventual husband Phil killed him must have caused her some pain and suffering? If not I have to say it sounds like some perverted romance.

I saw a picture of him on the net he gained a lot of weight. I have to find the picture.

That whole situation with Falcone's wife is crazy. Phil kills him and then he gets the girl lol. I'm sure she knows now especially because of his book but I'm dying to no how she felt when she first found out.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:56 AM

Phils wife that he calls (Maria) is the one that got some of money out of the apartment i was right next to her walking up georgia ave she walked in Angeloni's walked up to the bar, waved her sister over and said Phil just flipped right there just like that. she had two large shoe box size boxes opened one right there.There was me and her and two people across the bar.Her sister looks at me she repeated it and asked me if i had any money that i could give her.I did, not a lot .The money was wrapped.. That was the last time i ever seen her. But it was no million dollars.. someone else got that...

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 02:19 AM

Phils wife that he calls (Maria) is the one that got some of money out of the apartment i was right next to her walking up georgia ave she walked in Angeloni's walked up to the bar, waved her sister over and said Phil just flipped right there just like that. she had two large shoe box size boxes opened one right there.There was me and her and two people across the bar.Her sister looks at me she repeated it and asked me if i had any money that i could give her.I did, not a lot .The money was wrapped.. That was the last time i ever seen her. But it was no million dollars.. someone else got that...

Interesting. Thank you

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 10:01 AM

Serp thanks for that, how did Phil get on with the likes of Tommy Del, Nicky Crow, Salvie and the some of the other guys. It sounds like Yogie Merlino was saying Phil was ratting out the guys to Nicky (very ironic) and he would pull them up if they said anything out of line?

And I'm interested in this 'look' Phil would get that Joe Salerno kept mentioning, like it was a glare of something. Salerno made a note of this in his book. On his 1996 interview when he was tackled with some tough questions you could see his eyes harden.

One of the most interesting parts of that 1996 interview is near the end when Forest mentions Phil's wife who was dating Vince Falcone and he was saying it was strange that Phil and her got together after she found out he murdered her ex boyfriend, and Phil shrugs and rolls his eyes like it was no big deal and says something like "well, we got to stop living in the past."

Man you could tell he was cold blooded

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 10:17 AM

Serp

Just curious you say (Marie), which is obviously not her real name, what was her name, I don't want surname just her first. The more we dissect the character of Phil Leonetti the more we come to understand how he functioned as a mobster and individual.

Also was Phil one of the normal wiseguys who jumped from girl to girl or was he settled down after he met 'Maria', and if you have any info about how he treated his women, from the info out there about him and Nicky they liked 'tune' them up a bit.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:36 PM

bracci :I did not see that side of them.When i was around and we would be thinking about where to go out to ,You know a club or we would go up to golden nugget to Frank Sinatra suite, It was a five bedroom big big half of top floor.We would have that spot every 3 or 4 weeks. We would make a call to shift boss and that was it .It was never like all LCN guys it was one and 5 reg dudes.We or they did not fly like that ,unless they had it set up and then Nick would never let us around.It was just norm regular young guys stuff.All the LCN stuff was when they were together. And phil was smooth with the ladies not a pig ,and yes after he hooked up he did not run around if front of people.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:38 PM

Names i already said the bros. name i really dont want to put her out there, she is with the FEDS so thats a no no...

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:47 PM

And the thing about Joe he was a rat and a punk , I guess Phil saw right thru him (the look) And yes it was a little weird after Vince was gone ,when you would see them two together,That went away like anything else..

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 12:54 PM

Yes I can understand that about not wanting to disclose 'Maria's' name.

If you remember there was a lawyer who apparently was telling people were Phil was hiding out. The feds had to warn him about it, and Phil says he confronted this guy in an airport. Kind of chilling if you think about it because obviously the feds passed on this lawyers movements to Phil because how else would he have been able to track this guy down in an airport. A great way for the FBI to scare mob defence lawyers. Serp would you ever like to see Phil again or is that water under the bridge?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 01:01 PM

He is around , he comes and eats, and goes to the beach,he also comes here to see some people and there children. But i have not talked to him ,but i would we were playing at 7 years old till he was locked up.. (he cant stay away) I am going dinner this weekend with my cousin and our old friend so i will ask if he been in town. Got to go to meeting be back couple hours...

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 01:10 PM

Thanks for the info must be a bit strange for a guy who is in hiding and as notorious as Phil coming back around to hang out.

Later when you can answer, I was wondering what his fashion sense was like back then, what his favourite meal was? Lol I did say I wanted to know a lot of details about him.

Also do you think in a way Phil misses that life. I understand he has turned his life around, which is great, but I get the feeling that if he could have continued in that life then he would have.

Thanks again Serp very fascinating hearing from someone who was friends with these guys.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 03:17 PM

I also think Jason Cerbone (I think that is his name) the guy who plays Giacomo "Jackie Junior" Aprile in The Soprano's would be a great actor to play Philip Leonetti in a film if someone (Scorsese lol) made one of about Phil and the Scarfo mob. This kid has the look and even sounds like Phil a little bit. I just hope if they did produce a film it's made in the same way Goodfellas was instead of this new modern day crap they use it looks cheap. I also thought the great Frankie Vali could have played Nicky Scarfo. When Frankie played Rusty in the Sopranos he had his hair just like Scarfo I said "My god this guy looks like Nicky" lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 03:31 PM

I also think Jason Cerbone (I think that is his name) the guy who plays Giacomo "Jackie Junior" Aprile in The Soprano's would be a great actor to play Philip Leonetti in a film if someone (Scorsese lol) made one of about Phil and the Scarfo mob. This kid has the look and even sounds like Phil a little bit. I just hope if they did produce a film it's made in the same way Goodfellas was instead of this new modern day crap they use it looks cheap. I also thought the great Frankie Vali could have played Nicky Scarfo. When Frankie played Rusty in the Sopranos he had his hair just like Scarfo I said "My god this guy looks like Nicky" lol

Wow he would be perfect for that role. Very good observation on that.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 04:19 PM

From reading the book about Leonetti the one thing I thought showed some of Scarfo's betraying ways was back in the Falcone trial.Right before the verdict I think one of the lawyers called them all together and he said to Yogi Merlino something like if you severe yourself from Scarfo and Chuckie you have an excellent chance of walking.In the book it said Scarfo looked at Yogi and said its your call [almost implying that if you do we understand].Instead Yogi decided to take his chances with the boys saying something like were all in this together.Luckily they were still found innocent.I'm not sure if I told that right but my point was by Yogi hanging with them made it easier for Scarfo.Anyway I thought that Scarfo would have always remembered that,but later on it said that he wanted Yogi whacked,not just demoted to soldier.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 05:20 PM

Man u guys are making me laugh !!! But u are right on the money,dam i really thought about if they did do a movie it would be good as hell, if done right like you said..

The time around and including that night at the Brjole cafe were very scary times cus we did know that sr. was out for blood and if you were there you were gone..

But we were young tough as they come, so we did not heed his warnings and made out ok.Phil was even starting to not come around,and when he would say on the phone or earlier in the day that he would show up and did not. (this was just guys hanging out not LCN stuff)yea got weird sometimes. Even right before with Chucky drinking we all knew Yogi was very alarmed.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 05:41 PM

Serp

Thanks for the info your giving us. I was wondering how Phil treated Joey Merlino? I understand Phil wasn't a fan back when Joe was just a kid, but did Phil make them feelings known to you guys or did he just keep them to himself?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 07:24 PM

Dont know who liked him ,cus his cousins and uncles did not talk good about him. How the guys in Philly followed him i will never know.But they did.If you look in old posts about him u will see for your self what lots of people said about him.In my old posts before any of Jr. new trial even started you will see in those old posts when i would say body,s will hit the floor ect.Also u will see when i said that if Jr. was not locked up or taken down that he was about to make a big move. The new transcripts that are out or will b out on Nick jr. and when he was as a captain building a crew and about to make a move. It should all come out ,even more if someone flips.(the body's were about to hit the floor)But Crea or someone got wind of it and he was knocked down.I would not be surprised if one of the reasons Amuso was taken down did not have something to do with this. Or at least partly, It was on " Jr.associates and made guys on the street and ones about to get out were watching there back.. CRAZY (But no one down here had any love for Joey...)

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 08:46 PM

I guess after Nicky and them guys there was no one really left. The Genovese Family were hit hard with Bobby Manna and some of them guys being hit with indictments and they probably washed their hands with Nicky's blood spilling. Gotti who wanted to rule the whole Commission saw it as a golden opportunity because he was able to get Stanfa (Gambino loyalist) installed as the number one. Like I say I don't think the Genovese guys could be bothered with the attention they would have gotten if they stuck around to sort out the mess. From history the Genovese Family are low key and the situation in Philly was a nightmare with so many guys flipping. That's when cheerleader Ralph Natale offered encouragement to Joey, and from bits of information might have reached out to some Genovese guys in prison and offered to hand Philly's support to them if they backed him and Joey taking over the Family.

I guess whatever you say about Joey at least (up to now) he hasn't flipped. He did the crimes and paid the price, not many guys do that in the modern day La Cosa Nostra, even if the sentences are a few years, its easier to flip then rot in prison while your family struggles.

What amazes me about the Philly Family and many other Families is that they don't seem to learn from their mistakes. They still talk in risky places and deal with people who might be a rat (Ron Previte comes to mind).

Today however the FBI and law enforcement in general is to sophisticated. They are to much stealthy today then they were in the past were they wanted the mobsters to know they were under investigation, so they could shake up the hornets nest. Whatever new generation tech the FBI have today is probably mind blowing.

Then using the Philly Family as an example they seem to be riddled with informants. but that goes for the other Families as well--top to bottom informants lurk and feed law enforcement with information.

That's why the experts refer to the mob's golden era before RICO came along because they were always two steps ahead of the Government.

Enter the RICO law and forget about it, that was the end for the mob and many other ethnic organized crime groups, the only reason we here more about La Cosa Nostra is because its a brand name in the annuals of organized crime in America, and it makes the better headlines.

For example take the Chinese gangster (no disrespect) to them but they look boring and have really no personality with names hard to pronounce.
Then you hit in the face by guys like "Peter Killer", "Handsome Jack", "Big Tuna", "Nick The Nose", "Sally no Balls", and so on.

I will stop since I have gone off the subject completely lol

anymore stories you can share Serp would be great.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 09:03 PM

Phil mentioned a few times in his book that he hated Joey Merlino and said he wanted to kill him.

Here's one where he claims Joey was robbing them.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 09:44 PM

Yeah Phil hated this kid, but Joey did his time without complaint, I guess that's one of the best things you can say for Joey

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 10:28 PM

Yea Joey stood up,Not saying Phil should of or not but put your self there 45 years i rather be dead, If he would have got ten twelve he would be boss right now.And bet your ass he hates Joey being there. If anything would bring him back it would be to pay him a visit. Cus he loved jr.
Posted By: Nice_Guy

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/14/14 11:29 PM

Hey Serp

I wanna tell you the only reason I ever signed up to be on here was to hear stories from people that actually knew these guys, it's a pleasure to read your posts and they def seem genuine.
What about merlino crew, George borgesi, Mazzone, and Angelina, did you know them?
If so what are your thoughts on them?

Thanks

Salute from Chicago

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 12:08 AM

@philipbracci Im just curious to know why you are so impressed with a rat? Want to know his fashion sense and favorite meal? His ratting affected a lot of close friends and their families so I cant understand why you anyone would idolize a rat. You bring up Joey, The guy was facing life on a few times and never even thought about flipping. he spent almost half his life in prison. Think about this, he was never convicted on a major violent crime and always was sent to max security prisons, Guy did hard time and still never opened his mouth. I take a guy like that over a rat any day.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: ThatsLife215
@philipbracci Im just curious to know why you are so impressed with a rat? Want to know his fashion sense and favorite meal? His ratting affected a lot of close friends and their families so I cant understand why you anyone would idolize a rat. You bring up Joey, The guy was facing life on a few times and never even thought about flipping. he spent almost half his life in prison. Think about this, he was never convicted on a major violent crime and always was sent to max security prisons, Guy did hard time and still never opened his mouth. I take a guy like that over a rat any day.

Very true. But some of the rats are more interesting to hear from cause their willing to talk. I don't think anyone is idolizing rats but it's very interesting hearing what they have to talk about especially when you have the upper echelon of a crime family spilling the beans on family secrets. Massino, Casso, Leonetti, Gravano, the list goes on. The fact that their rats makes them interesting in itself.
Me personally is rather read more about these people than some others. But to each his own.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: PhillyMob

Very true. But some of the rats are more interesting to hear from cause their willing to talk. I don't think anyone is idolizing rats but it's very interesting hearing what they have to talk about especially when you have the upper echelon of a crime family spilling the beans on family secrets. Massino, Casso, Leonetti, Gravano, the list goes on. The fact that their rats makes them interesting in itself.
Me personally is rather read more about these people than some others. But to each his own.

I can understand hearing what they have to say about certain rackets and hits but to ask about the guys favorite clothes designer and what he liked to eat, favorite color etc, seems more like a crush to me lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 01:54 AM

I can understand hearing what they have to say about certain rackets and hits but to ask about the guys favorite clothes designer and what he liked to eat, favorite color etc, seems more like a crush to me lol

Yea I hear ya lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Gingello101182
Hey DiLorenzo, I know where Leonetti and his wife live in California. They live about 30 minutes from me. They own a few apartment buildings and a few single family homes which he and his wife collect rent for. I would guess the money him and his wife collect in rent along with Phil's TV appearances and his book, they do pretty well. If I remember correctly I think he stole money from his Uncle before he went into the program which he invested out here. He is an opportunistic asshole for sure, but you got to hand it to him he did come out on top.
Hi Gingelllo..Well you're absolutely right, if you take it from the ''i'm looking out for #1'' strategy which all of them take but few admit too,I'd have more respect for him if he said ''these guys made my life hell,so i'm gonna take whatever I can and get out of it before i go etc..'' but he didn't do that because he didn't wanna be known to his former friends as a cowardly snitch...And in my opinion, using your son as an excuse well after the fact is very weak and being a cowardly snitch..He should light a candle every day that he's able to collect rents from property bought with drug and blood money...That's no offense meant to you either Gingello, just my 2 cents !! cool

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 02:00 AM

Gingello

And he's now going on tv with his face blocked out etc...Who's left out on the streets of philly that he would be so scared of hunting him down ?? That shows his cowardice more then anything !!

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 02:04 AM

My last comments on philly...I don't like the joey merlino's of the world, but ya gotta give him that at least he's not a punk...He did his time like a man and now he's doing his thing..Hopefully a little older and wiser !!!

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 02:31 AM

Nice: I did not know them,they were young and now" it would not make a diff, but when you are 25 and they are 15 it is a big diff.I did see a couple of them like George and Joey in the summers,they were there for Jr.they were just kids.I guess at the very end they were becoming men but by then it was ugly . Joe Ligambi was around now and then but he was a little older then us , but he was green, he was tending bar up at a couple spots here, He and yogi would be together sometimes. There was a little club up by Steve Wynn golden nugget and he tended bar there and also the next summer at a guy we knew Vince bar and restaurant up by the trump plaza.So thats really a no they were to young to be in the bizz part.
Posted By: reginald_denny

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 02:38 AM

Nice: I did not know them,they were young and now" it would not make a diff, but when you are 25 and they are 15 it is a big diff.I did see a couple of them like George and Joey in the summers,they were there for Jr.they were just kids.I guess at the very end they were becoming men but by then it was ugly . Joe Ligambi was around now and then but he was a little older then us , but he was green, he was tending bar up at a couple spots here, He and yogi would be together sometimes. There was a little club up by Steve Wynn golden nugget and he tended bar there and also the next summer at a guy we knew Vince bar and restaurant up by the trump plaza.So thats really a no they were to young to be in the bizz part.
you wanna see the picture of me joe ligambi at the ted nugent concert back in 77? did you know ligambi was wild for the nudge and his song wang dang sweet poon tang?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: reginald_denny
you wanna see the picture of me joe ligambi at the ted nugent concert back in 77? did you know ligambi was wild for the nudge and his song wang dang sweet poon tang?

I no I would love to see it.lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 03:45 AM

Thanks buddy

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 04:00 PM

Life51 I have no crush for Phil trust me. I'm mealy interested in getting to know what type of individual Leonetti was, not just as a mob guy but as a human being. Serp is someone who knows this person and I am asking questions. If you look at one post Serp posted he mentioned Phil dresses the part of gangster (turtle neck top, black jeans etc) and I understand from reading material that he liked good food and restaurants so I wanted to know more. There is no harm in asking? Or are we not allowed to ask? But to explain it a bit clearer for you, I wanted to know if he had what I call the "Gotti Syndrome" the flashy clothes etc.
Once again Life try not to be offended. Salute.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/15/14 10:40 PM

Life51 I have no crush for Phil trust me. I'm mealy interested in getting to know what type of individual Leonetti was, not just as a mob guy but as a human being. Serp is someone who knows this person and I am asking questions. If you look at one post Serp posted he mentioned Phil dresses the part of gangster (turtle neck top, black jeans etc) and I understand from reading material that he liked good food and restaurants so I wanted to know more. There is no harm in asking? Or are we not allowed to ask? But to explain it a bit clearer for you, I wanted to know if he had what I call the "Gotti Syndrome" the flashy clothes etc.

Not offended at all. I would say he had more of the Sammy the bull syndrome if anything lol. All these rats have a sob story. I just have zero respect for any of them.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 01:56 AM

Not offended at all. I would say he had more of the Sammy the bull syndrome if anything lol. All these rats have a sob story. I just have zero respect for any of them.

They all have a sob story cause they have to justify why thy killed 20 people and destroyed countless lives and ruined their own. But I must say that I just love hearing about it.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 02:48 AM

Joey Merlino is more of man than Phil Leonetti can never claim to be, that's a fact.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Joey Merlino is more of man than Phil Leonetti can never claim to be, that's a fact.

When it comes down to being a man's man and a stand up guy, yea I have to fully agree with ya. We will see when Joey is facing a real long term like Phil but it seems like he might take it and smile but who am I to say.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 03:34 AM

What I can't understand is why in Cosa Nostra, specially Philadelphia, are relatives of informants allowed to get straightened out, not shelfed and are allowed to control a family? (Dominic Grande, Joey Merlino come to mind) Aren't they supposed to be excluded? Can anyone name any others either in Phily or NY who's family member cooperated.
Posted By: Curiosity

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 05:38 AM

I'd like to see the picture if you can find it.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 01:40 PM

Bean: And that goes om all the time.The thing that gets me is when you have to clip your cousin, or the boss has your brother or your father clipped. Then you have to still earn and act like all is good.I am not sure,There seems to be a whole lot of looking the other way when you are a associate or a soldier.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 02:20 PM

Bean: And that goes om all the time.The thing that gets me is when you have to clip your cousin, or the boss has your brother or your father clipped. Then you have to still earn and act like all is good.I am not sure,There seems to be a whole lot of looking the other way when you are a associate or a soldier.

I will never understand that Serp. The Ciangalini immediately come to mind. Total insanity.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

I will never understand that Serp. The Ciangalini immediately come to mind. Total insanity.

Yea the Ciangalini brothers were on opposite factions and one got killed. Look at mad Sam Destefano and his brother Mario killed their youngest brother cause he got addicted to drugs. Then Mario and Tony Spilotro kill Sam. So two brothers were killed out of three and they were murdered by each other. That is fucking nuts lol.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 08:25 PM

That was weird with the Chang brothers, their father must have been going out of his mind when they were fighting one another. There was another strange one: The Narducci kid's, Phil and Frank, they didn't do anything to avenge their own father's murder. Salvie Testa brought them in and told them he killed Chickie. All the mob guys at that time said it was unbelievable they didn't retaliate, and what was more weird was that they decided to work for Scarfo.

Hey Serp what do you think of Jason Cerbone playing Phil Leonetti in a film, if they ever made one? lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 09:02 PM

The thing with the Ciancaglini brothers was a weird one.I think that somehow ''Chickie'' Ciancaglini and John favored Mikey Chang over Joey Chang.Supposetly Joey Merlino was getting advice during the ''Stanfa'' wars from his father Chuckie and Chickie even though they were in prison.Also when John got out in early 95 he was all in for the hit on Billy Veasey that Oct. to avenge Michael's killing.So basically Johnny Chang was aligned with the Merlino crew.Even though they[Merlino Crew] tried to kill his other brother ''Joey Chang'' at the Warfield Luncheonette Johnny Chang did nothing to seek revenge on the people responscible for that.I think a lot had to do with the fact that Joey Chang was with Stanfa and Michael was with Joey.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

When it comes down to being a man's man and a stand up guy, yea I have to fully agree with ya. We will see when Joey is facing a real long term like Phil but it seems like he might take it and smile but who am I to say.

Joey has already faced just as much time as leonetti he's been tried for multiple murders and altogether he's served a little over 20 years
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 11:08 PM

Serpiente; reading the transcripts on Nick Jrs case and they make mention to him meeting with Joey Ciancaglini jr in 2007 in reference to recruiting to take over philly. A couple questions...is Joey even capable of backing anyone in his state? What would make Nicky think approaching Joe was a good idea? As far as I understood, Joe Chang was considered off limits and more or less in "good standing"?
Posted By: Youngbull

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 11:11 PM

This happens all the time in the life. Not as much as it use to given technology,DNA and informants will all catch up with you.

Serp. were you really there when marie came to the bar. I believe some of your stories I've been reading over the past few weeks, but I feel like your embellishing some of them. No disrespect, I enjoy your posts.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 11:28 PM

Young :only thing is i cant remember if she put something in her car on the way in Angelonis ,I know she stopped at her car , and if it was 3 or 2 boxes .Look dont know what to tell u, in A.C. Italian neighborhood was 3 or 4 blocks long it went from bay to ocean ,That is 4 or 5 blocks we all knew everything and everybody. And i knew her and her 3 sisters and 2 bros they lived 5 houses from me.I was right there.. And they r the stories i can tell,that is nothing.. not even scratching the surface... sorry bro lived it !

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 11:46 PM

Serp

What was Nicky Sr like? It sounds like he picked faults with everybody he met, even Phil. I bet it was like walking on egg shells when u was around that guy?
Posted By: southjerseyoldhead

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/16/14 11:51 PM

Serpient check your messages.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:14 AM

bracci :not fair to ask me cus i knew all his family,Not just that back in the day we did not have central air so in summer all our windows were open.And he did not hold back,you could hear him and you knew it was him.The houses were 3 foot apart.Not only that i watched Jr. and mark grow up.and i still hang with his family and i still know things,that make me not like him. But having said that others loved him. When the tax was put out nobody in ducktown had to pay. I will tell a couple stories give me a min.. b right back

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:35 AM

Sr. was not like the guy that did fireworks and held block partys, Not him the way he gave back was he never took a dime from us ,We had a club on Mississippi called A.L.K.I. club that was our card room ,Pool room ,Bookie room ,Ect. and he knew it he was there just a couple times .He did not even ask us to kick up never.The club back door ,if you walked out the ally went right to Scarf Inc.just cross over georiga Ave,all of duck town had these allys,

Now on a different occasion Beeps from north Jersey come down he wants to move in cus we just got gambling and he wanted in.
So he remodels a pool hall right on Artic ave. between mississippi ave. and georiga ave. and makes a couple card rooms ect.so we r thinking Nick is going to hit us for $$ he did not but he hit BEEPS and he was made..

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:36 AM

Yeah no problem, I like to hear the stories.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:38 AM

Haha Beeps must have been pissed at that lol
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:40 AM

seems like the only genuine moments of happiness in scarfo sr's life were when he was clipping somebody or rising to power in LCN, other than that he sounds like he was miserable 24 hours a day. appreciate the stories serp.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:42 AM

Yea he tried ,he bent Phils ear,dont know if he did nick ,Nick would never talk anything like that,he would talk food , people ,you know anything but rackets.But Beeps did break some balls , then some of us would go in and play pool and he loosed up over time,but he could never get our bizzz no locals would go to him,unless told to ,and that did happen..

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:45 AM

Rollin : Thats what we all would say behind his back, But when he was out he would kinda try to be the life of the party,Not a joke now dont get me wrong..

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:45 AM

Serp
Talking about card games, I heard the guys used to make money from them by raking the pot or cutting the pot. 5% I think they usually took. What I want to know is, when did they actually take the 5% from the pot? I don't know much about cards but I think during a game u have a number of rises until the players eventually see each others cards. So do they take 5% from every raise made or what?
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:50 AM

Sr. was not like the guy that did fireworks and held block partys, Not him the way he gave back was he never took a dime from us ,We had a club on Mississippi called A.L.K.I. club that was our card room ,Pool room ,Bookie room ,Ect. and he knew it he was there just a couple times .He did not even ask us to kick up never.The club back door ,if you walked out the ally went right to Scarf Inc.just cross over georiga Ave,all of duck town had these allys,

Now on a different occasion Beeps from north Jersey come down he wants to move in cus we just got gambling and he wanted in.
So he remodels a pool hall right on Artic ave. between mississippi ave. and georiga ave. and makes a couple card rooms ect.so we r thinking Nick is going to hit us for $$ he did not but he hit BEEPS and he was made..

Beeps wasn't made until after scarfo went to prison he was one of the guys tony piccolo made

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:50 AM

We did our ours, and some time we would do % ,and other we would go by the night,or by the table, see we had members so at was diff for diff people. this is at our club A.L.K.I.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:56 AM

sonny : never knew that we thought from day one he was made,Just the way he came to town Ect. cus he opened up across the street from a OC guy but Irish , i will tell thatstoiy in a min ,and we all thought what happend to him, that Beeps was made

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 12:59 AM

on a shy loan lets say $100 what was the Vig down in AC with Nicky's people? what points did they offer?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:04 AM

Beeps , with him mot being made explains what happend. ok this beeps opens a pool hall right across the street to a guy that was doing bizzz in ducktown his bizz was called Mucks Ducks it was a pool hall with the same thing going on just Irish, Anyway Mucks gets wind of Beeps opening right across the street,Dont know exacly what happend but Muck had a black eye the next day, the night before he was on Georgia ave.throing a fit in front of scarf inc. ,Now let me tell you no body did nothing on Nicks street.But now i know why Muck only got a black eye.Beeps was not made.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:10 AM

If you r talking about someone off the street, 3 pts. but all up to the shy, the amount , who u r ,just like a bank.. Just higher

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:20 AM

I guess the 3 points on a $100 was $30 a week. I've always been interested with the bizz side of the mob. Do you know of any other money schemes the guys pulled. I understand if u don't want to mention names, I'm just interested in the wheeling and dealings the guys did in AC

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:24 AM

No ,i was not made, i hung and grew up with them, but never did bizz with them , we did our thing ..

WE grew up with each other ,not like Philly and NY
Our hood was small we knew each other grand pops
and they knew ours.They never shit in there back yard.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:24 AM

no its 3 dollars a week. if your coming off the street nobody is going to loan you 100 dollars. too risky if you dont know them for that little amount of money.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:25 AM

Serp are you the same age as Phil?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:26 AM

Yes very close,

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:29 AM

Thanks South

I always thought the smaller loans they knocked out where very high interest rates, so to encourage the borrowers to pay the principle back quicker then having it drag out. Because they won't really make that much on the profit on $3 unless the guy is a complete mook and deadbeat lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:32 AM

Yea that too. If you are loaning someone 100 bucks they are most likely a loser and a deadbeat. So you probably are going to want to charge 10 points a week, no less than 5. Honestly, i dont know of too many guys who would even loan so little money, makes no sense.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 02:05 AM

South

You just reminded me about a program I saw called CRIME INC. It was a while ago. Anyway on it are two wiseguys talking, they are being picked up on a New Jersey State listening device. So these two wiseguys are talking about this other member (I think they were part of the Genovese Family) who had loaned a small loan to a old Italian barber and was burying him with Vig. These two guys were saying it was wrong and that this shylock was a bum who deserved to be hit. I don't remember how much this guy loaned the barber accept that it was considered a small loan. Don't they call it "The knockdown loan"?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 02:06 AM

Sorry it wasn't CRIME Inc it was on youtube on some old documentary can't remember the name of it sorry
Posted By: cheech

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 02:39 AM

Hey Serp did Sr pick his ass if it was itchy or did he have Phil do it? Just wondering. Trying to get an idea on this guy. Thanks
Posted By: italy100

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 03:00 AM

I love hoagies cool

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 03:11 AM

I love hoagies
Posted By: NorthJeresyLife

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 03:32 AM

there are italian criminals but just because they are itlaian doesnt make them in the mafia. The willingness on here to just lump together decent guys into the mafia is kinda sick. im sure their families see the posting on here where their dad, a used car salesmen, gets called a mafia don.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 04:18 AM

I love Hoagies
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 05:11 AM

Rollin : Thats what we all would say behind his back, But when he was out he would kinda try to be the life of the party,Not a joke now dont get me wrong..

i see what you're saying. speaking of parties, were you there after Nick Sr and Phil beat the Falcone murder case?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 01:52 PM

Bones: No if you were not one of them you would not have been at that party.There were some guys that were not made there but they were family In laws and blood and LCN.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 02:08 PM

SCREECH : Easy on these guys they r just interested in this LCN stuff, if i did not have surgery and was stuck on the internet i never would have come across this site, and never would have known that people even give a shit about this stuff.Because i never gave it a second thought till i saw this site. I guess when u grow up around it it is second nature. Cus i dont see any guys that have lived it saying a word. So stop Flaming people Cus when it is done to you you run to to MODS.. OK SCREECH !

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 03:08 PM

Italy : No i did not know much about them,Joe and Nick did not get along ,as i am sure u know. Abate was an old head and with a diff family,and the only one from his old crew that i knew of , and saw in person was Mike Taccetta and he always came down with diff guys.I never met him ,but we were all at a bar here in A.C. and he and a guy came in , In min or two Phil got up and went and spoke to him.Phil also left with him. Mike was in town often why i don't know,but i got wind from Yogi ,He would not tell me what was going on but if plans changed or something , He would say like we cant go Taccetta coming ect. not necessarily him but an example.

And as far as knowing things i was not told stuff ,You got to understand .I grew up on that street,Then when i was older i moved into my uncles spot,cus my uncle moved to Brooklyn for good .And that was two houses from Nick,in the other direction.Now this stuff that i know is 40 ish years of ears open mouth shut. That's all just a guy in a neighborhood. And this was not constant,Phil moved down to the Towers,and then he would move to a diff apt.then he would move back to one that his granny had on Georiga ave. so this is a life time of things not a one night at a party or a bar..
Posted By: cheech

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 07:31 PM

SCREECH : Easy on these guys they r just interested in this LCN stuff, if i did not have surgery and was stuck on the internet i never would have come across this site, and never would have known that people even give a shit about this stuff.Because i never gave it a second thought till i saw this site. I guess when u grow up around it it is second nature. Cus i dont see any guys that have lived it saying a word. So stop Flaming people Cus when it is done to you you run to to MODS.. OK SCREECH !

Listen phony I've never run to anyone. I actually gave out my number and address which I admit was stupid. If these guys are dumb enough to believe your charade than fine but I have the right to make fun of it. Ok Serpentine? And you don't know who I grew up around. Why would I tell u or anyone else? Becuz you were a two-bit bartender that made cuttty sark and water and handed out sandwiches at card games doesn't make you an afficianado. I'm on to your con but ill sit back and watch because its funny. Good day to you sir.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/17/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
Hey Serp did Sr pick his ass if it was itchy or did he have Phil do it? Just wondering. Trying to get an idea on this guy. Thanks

LOL.

I know Serpintines who have a house in Longport. You related? I am kind of in the middle of Cheech and the rest on whether BS not.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: spmob

LOL.

I know Serpintines who have a house in Longport. You related? I am kind of in the middle of Cheech and the rest on whether BS not.

So you guys are basically saying Serp is Burt Lancaster in the movie Atlantic City lol. I have to say I believe him he he never claimed to be anyone. I am more entertained by the questions that are being asked more than anything.
Posted By: Michael1000

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 12:13 AM

What I can't understand is why in Cosa Nostra, specially Philadelphia, are relatives of informants allowed to get straightened out, not shelfed and are allowed to control a family? (Dominic Grande, Joey Merlino come to mind) Aren't they supposed to be excluded? Can anyone name any others either in Phily or NY who's family member cooperated.

I'm don't think that matters. Who was it Tony Spilitro or Tommy Disimone that acted even crazier then he should have because one of his families members was a rat so he always felt he had that stain on him and had to prove himself more. I think every crime family maybe not the Genovese has members in which blood family ratted. Like the old saying goes you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: spmob

LOL.

So you guys are basically saying Serp is Burt Lancaster in the movie Atlantic City lol. I have to say I believe him he he never claimed to be anyone. I am more entertained by the questions that are being asked more than anything.

LOL That gave me a real good laugh man. I saw that movie on tv a few months back for the first time. It was weird Susan Surandan (however your spell it) put lime juice on her boobs. What was her reasoning again, she worked in a restaurant and smelled like fish.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:24 AM

And let the hating begin.....hey Chooch why you trying to discredit Serp?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Nice_Guy

And let the hating begin.....hey Chooch why you trying to discredit Serp?

The guy is obviously a liar. Everything is right out of the book. Have you read his other posts he claims to the Persico's from the Colombo family.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:27 AM

Lol screech. I like Chooch better lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:31 AM

Serpiente do you remember me it's your old buddy I ratted on Scarfo and have lived decent life didn't think twice about it.

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:33 AM

Serp. crazy I'd find you on a website like this. I know you probably hate my guts but I had to look out for #1 that's what it's all about! Everyone knew the ship was going down why not save yourself

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:35 AM

wow this is a big coincidence

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael1000
Serp. crazy I'd find you on a website like this. I know you probably hate my guts but I had to look out for #1 that's what it's all about! Everyone knew the ship was going down why not save yourself

Stop making fun he is only helping, the @philipbracci guy wants to hear stories about when Sr. wife over cooked the rigatoni and he went crazy. He also needs to know what Phil ate the white house, He learning how to cut the card game and want to make $100 street loans to his friends and how much vig to charge hahahahaha

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael1000

Stop making fun he is only helping, the @philipbracci guy wants to hear stories about when Sr. wife over cooked the rigatoni and he went crazy. He also needs to know what Phil ate the white house, He learning how to cut the card game and want to make $100 street loans to his friends and how much vig to charge hahahahaha
this man is a sham

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 11:44 AM

Life

What does your mother like to cook? Maybe I can have lunch with her if you don't mind. Thanks dude

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/18/14 02:25 PM

Life

What does your mother like to cook? Maybe I can have lunch with her if you don't mind. Thanks dude

Did Serp get you your $100 loan so you can take her out or did you do good cutting your card game last night? You jerk off.

Just by your questions you are asking its obvious you are clueless. You ask about family situations and throw peoples names around that you have no business speaking on that are friends of mine. So why don't you down the shore and buy Serp lunch and he can tell all the stories you want to hear, maybe even take you on the guided tour of Georgia ave. you would love that

i love hoagies - 02/19/14 02:17 AM

I love hoagies

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 02/19/14 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: italy100
SERP Joe liked him. Just didn't want anyone to know. They met but not in public. Nick was well liked by higher ups. Some people didn't want there name associated with him so they acted like they didn't like him. But behind the scene they supported him. If not he never would have made it as far as he did. People needed something taken care of on the streets he took care of it.
i support gay marriage for former mobsters
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 05/08/14 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Gingello101182

So much for witless protection.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 05/08/14 11:07 AM

If you really know where Phil Leonetti lives then go take a picture of him for everyone on the board. Because I am sure everyone on this site would like to see a recent photo of him, especially since he got all that surgery done on his face so NOBODY could reconize him... So thats why its suprising to me that somebody like you in California could reconize Leonetti when his most recent photo is about 25 years old..
Posted By: kiladelphia_pistolvania

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 05/10/14 01:03 AM

LMFAO. this thread is great. 100$ loans, cutting card game pots and some asshole who loves hoagies. at least Serp isnt like The Arm who was "ready to take the fight to persico's door". The Arm thought he was Rochester's Luca Brasi and Serp is content with being Scarfo's Spider. Huge difference in lies.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 05/10/14 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: kiladelphia_pistolvania
LMFAO. this thread is great. 100$ loans, cutting card game pots and some asshole who loves hoagies. at least Serp isnt like The Arm who was "ready to take the fight to persico's door". The Arm thought he was Rochester's Luca Brasi and Serp is content with being Scarfo's Spider. Huge difference in lies.

lol lol

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 05/24/14 05:55 AM

Jason verboten wud play a bus Phil leonetti in a film about him. I also think the late Frankie vali wud have played a bus Nicky a cargo. Wot do u guys think?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 05/24/14 05:57 AM

Sorry meant Jason cerbone the guy who played Jackie aprile Jr
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 05/25/14 07:15 PM

Yeah vali wounds be great as scarfo

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 06/16/14 02:17 PM

Does anyone know when leonetti had his facelift? The year I mean
Posted By: Italianheritage

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 06/20/14 02:17 AM

I'm currently reading the Leonetti book. It's not a bad read so far; but I just started it and am only a few chapters in.

I read the book about his uncle by George Anastasia. It was an older copy the library had and I enjoyed reading it. Does the new edition of that book have added information or chapters at all?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/07/14 07:31 PM

Can someone explain the background of this picture to me?

http://themafiaprince.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/philly-news.jpg?w=550

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/07/14 07:44 PM

Charles Manson, Bubba Smith and Leonetti?
Posted By: salvi62

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/08/14 09:03 AM

Can I ask a stupid question?

Why would Phil be still in hiding. With so many big time NY rats out in the open? And Scarfo in jail?

Please, no flames, its a sincere question. There is probably an obvious answer, I just don't know it.

Thanks.

Sal

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/08/14 09:12 AM

Sal, the big NY rats are not out in the open, Massino, Di Leonardo and Vitale are still in hiding. Leonetti is big time and although according to the Mafia Prince, he came into town a few times, he still did some damage and IMO he needs to watch his ass. Philadelphia guys are crazy.
Can you name the "big time NY rats" that you say are out in the open?
Posted By: salvi62

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/08/14 10:46 AM

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I meant guys like Michael Franzese, Sammy the Bull, Henry Hill, The Bath Ave. guys etc. or even John Veasey.

You know, the guys that are on all these "Mob Documentary" shows giving interviews, going back to their old hangouts.....

Just asking.

Sal

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/08/14 11:26 AM

Salvi, the mob ain't what it used to be. Why are these guys hiding in plain sight? Only they know. Some don't care, others know that the mob has lost its bite and yet others are either stupid or have big balls. There is a million reason, but the numbers are growing. I think today they are probably having casting calls to see who is going to be in the next Documentary. By the way, that award does go to Franzese and Pistone. I just think it crazy to rub their noses because that onlyantoginizes them. If I was them, I would keep my mouth shut and fade into the sunset. The shows that they go on probaly offer them good money and an opportunity to tell THEIR story. Just my opinion Sal!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/08/14 11:47 AM

Sal, the big NY rats are not out in the open, Massino, Di Leonardo and Vitale are still in hiding. Leonetti is big time and although according to the Mafia Prince, he came into town a few times, he still did some damage and IMO he needs to watch his ass. Philadelphia guys are crazy.
Can you name the "big time NY rats" that you say are out in the open?

PJ Pisciotti and Dom Cicale are not only walking the streets, PJ is living in a luxury building in Manhattan and fucking Cicale is making videos on Middletown Road. And they both testified against Vinny, who WAS A BOSS.

Paciello gave testimony about Allie Boy, one of the most dangerous guys still alive. And he's living in the lap of fucking luxury at the Delano.

John Alite will be walking NYC any fucking day now. Mark my words on that.

Were these guys "big" themselves? No. But they testified against heavyweights and they're out in the fucking open.

Forget about Vitale and Massino. They're old men. Other people their age leave New York for retirement communities all the fucking time. Why should they be any different?
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/08/14 12:48 PM

John Alite will be walking NYC any fucking day now. Mark my words on that.

PB- i personally saw Alite walking around Borgata on Memorial Day weekend like he owned the joint, couldnt believe it!and i didnt notice anyone with him. walking around AC alone i would think is a bad move for a rat but hey, who knows nowadays i guess.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/08/14 06:30 PM

Isn't Dominick Montiglio finger painting in Brooklyn?
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/09/14 06:39 AM

No one has the fortitude for whacking a rat. The mob is just a microcosm of society and just like society in general, their only concern is the next nickel. I'm not advocating killing anybody, but once you choose that life, you are either committed or you aren't...and by allowing these guys (rats) to remain living, especially out in the open, normal lives, it just makes a mockery out of what once was a way of life, not just a means for earning.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/09/14 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: oldschool3
No one has the fortitude for whacking a rat. The mob is just a microcosm of society and just like society in general, their only concern is the next nickel. I'm not advocating killing anybody, but once you choose that life, you are either committed or you aren't...and by allowing these guys (rats) to remain living, especially out in the open, normal lives, it just makes a mockery out of what once was a way of life, not just a means for earning.

Oldschool, is there anything to be gained by killing these guys who have already talked, IMO it will only draw the feds attention and a very long prison sentence.I don't think killing a few rats will prevent others from talking when the chips are down. smile
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/09/14 06:01 PM

It only draws the attn of the feds if you get caught smile
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 09/09/14 06:32 PM

I heard on this site. a lot of rats don't even need witness protection now. look at sal polisi.{the Sinatra club} this guy goes anywhere. then look at the guy in Chicago he ratted his own father out to the feds. no body is looking for him. why is joe bonnano never mentioned for his treachery, writing a book describing how the commission works,guliani used those words of bonnano to gain convictions in the commission case. how many more rats are out there. martin scorcese grew up in Brooklyn in the fifties, he says nobody ratted in those days. you were dead if you tried.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 07/20/15 06:30 AM

alfredo ferrara was the dude who showed phil the in & outs of the concrete biz..that name ring a bell Serp??

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 07/20/15 10:38 AM

Yes it does !

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 07/21/15 04:18 AM

i just hope i didn't bring back an unpleasent memory or open a can of worms..was he alright with you?

Re: Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti - 07/21/15 04:30 AM

By the way,I'm new to the boards although i'd been spectating for a couple of years now, but i like your posts..i've been a major student of lcn since early 90s & especially the scarfo yrs. you inspired me to become a logger so i can read all your older stuff..just sayin.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET