Posted By: thebigfella

new philly thread - 02/11/14 04:17 AM

http://articles.philly.com/1999-08-17/ne...no-ralph-natale
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 04:51 AM

Err, what's new about this?

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 04:59 AM

If this isn't new to u and u have nothing constructive to add then this thread doesn't apply to u, this is just a spring board to continue the conversation that we had on the merlino thread before a clashing of egos destroyed it, if that's OK with u mr. Sinatra
Posted By: Ted

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 08:20 AM

Lots of Interesting info about Ligambi.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted
Lots of Interesting info about Ligambi.

Thank you big fella. I had no idea my Merlino topic was gonna cause arguments lol
Posted By: 22

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 01:54 PM

I haven't even finished reading that article yet that you posted but my first reaction was where did you dig that one up from.I don't ever remember seeing that one,pretty interesting so far.Good read.when I saw the date on it back in 1999 I was surprised.

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 01:55 PM

Everybody have the impression about ligambi that he's an easy going non violent gentlmen, he's a hot head just like the rest, although a little smarter maybe, what surprised me that I did'nt know before reading this article is that he sent merlino a message after he got convicted and told him he was taking over

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 01:58 PM

@22 u know how it is with the internet, it's just the roll of the dice

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 02:09 PM

Big fella that's the same thing I though,I didn't know or remember that at all.The other thing that surprised me was I have seen pictures of his sons Mark and Joe Jr.,they definetley don't look like twins at all.Lol

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
If this isn't new to u and u have nothing constructive to add then this thread doesn't apply to u, this is just a spring board to continue the conversation that we had on the merlino thread before a clashing of egos destroyed it, if that's OK with u mr. Sinatra

Relax, man. Without reading it, I just wondered what's new about an article from 1999. Like I said, I hadn't yet read it before replying, so that was my mistake.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 09:14 PM

Thank god there's a new thread after that last debacle with the little kid. Also thank you very much for that article bigfella. I never knew a lot of that stuff about ligambi's backround.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 09:26 PM

The article said Ligambi bit the feds leg...lol!!
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 09:29 PM

The article makes it sound like he pretty much fell into his position from a lack of talent elsewhere to be found. Can't count him out on being violent though as at one point he was convicted for a murder then overturned. I bet he's still smiling about that one.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 09:54 PM

He was just a regular Italian guy familiar with the life.He was a sports fan, good with numbers. He was a bartender 1/4 of a block north from trump plaza when Nick was told about him.Yogi would drink there often,and others.A few other associates were bartenders there for years...
Posted By: British

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 11:24 PM

Seems that Ligambi brought stability to that family, with a few old timers coming out and if they support him then maybe that family will grow again.
Posted By: pmac

Re: new philly thread - 02/11/14 11:34 PM

If merlino is boss they could have a actual hierarchy today. Joe boss mazzone under or ligambi can have it or consig. They got 2 maybe 3 capos. There not in bad shape for a family with about 30 40 guy. Like Joe said 4 yes ago Merlin probaly got a lot of recruits but he can make them himself when he gets off parole next month. Probably tell them go down Florida to get inducted. Or some tiny beach house on the shore.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 12:01 AM

The amazing part was what they said since I forget the date but out of 60 guys they are all dead or in jail except Ligambi.Talk about being a survivor.
Posted By: Jose

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 12:40 AM

capos being Mikey lance , sonny who is said to be bumped up and Phil narducci .. Not sure who the south jersey capo is .. Not too long before some f the guys who were indicted in 2011 start coming out . Can't forget about Georgie either - that's 4 potential capos

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 12:53 AM

Does anyone know what Ligambi was up to during Scarfo's era because I never heard much about him during that time.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Jose
capos being Mikey lance , sonny who is said to be bumped up and Phil narducci .. Not sure who the south jersey capo is .. Not too long before some f the guys who were indicted in 2011 start coming out . Can't forget about Georgie either - that's 4 potential capos

Don't forget Scoops in North Jersey
Posted By: southjerseyoldhead

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 02:23 AM

Stevie stepped aside now that joe is back. Number 2 is Chang for now until George gets of supervised then georgie got 2.
Five skippers philly lanc stevie tommy m and scoops.
nobody knows what joey m is gonna do inlcuding him
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 02:33 AM

whos tomy m

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 02:41 AM

Pretty sure tommy m doesn't exist. He probably ment sonny m
Posted By: NinoSconza

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Jose

I don't believe Sonny has been bumped up. That guys too lazy to get out of bed in the morning. Probably wakes up in the afternoon
lol

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 03:37 AM

http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Philadelphia_crime_family

This chart was created by a guy named idgaf1989, if chart is too small open in new window

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 03:40 AM

Tommy Marrone.

Thawt chart is off. Anthony and phil arent with south jersey.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 03:46 AM

who the fuck is tommy marrone

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 04:26 AM

Lol, there is no Tommy Marrone, as far as the hierarchy of the Philly Mob, anyways. He probably meant Sonny or Stevie Mazzone, if not, guys off his rocker. And I don't seen Merlino being boss of anything nowadays, not with Ligambi back on the streets and him actually being in Philadelphia, whereas Skinny Joey is getting his rocks off down in Florida. I see him being under Joe, and possibly operating in Florida under Ligambi, but boss? Nah, I don't see it in this day.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 04:32 AM

little Nicky I like the way you put that Lol

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 04:47 AM

Thomas Marrone

http://articles.philly.com/1995-11-05/news/25683595_1_mob-trial-mob-boss-john-stanfa

http://articles.philly.com/1995-10-19/news/25694104_1_john-stanfa-racketeering-case-debt-collection

Now this was 20 years ago...so maybe he moved up the ladder since then. Just guessing though...i really don't know much about him.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 06:02 AM

Hahaha, yea he's probably a captain now ........ Lol

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Hahaha, yea he's probably a captain now ........ Lol

Honestly i have no idea what his status is. I didn't even know he was made...and i wouldn't know the guy if he was standing right in front of me.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 04:51 PM

@sinatra I can't see merlino taking orders from anyone, blood will flow in the streets before that happens and everyone knows this so they will try to appease him, furthermore there's no such thing as a boss being demoted, either they retire or gets killed. Merlino parole should be over on March 15

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 06:02 PM

It will definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
@sinatra I can't see merlino taking orders from anyone, blood will flow in the streets before that happens and everyone knows this so they will try to appease him, furthermore there's no such thing as a boss being demoted, either they retire or gets killed. Merlino parole should be over on March 15

Yea, I didn't mean taking orders exactly, I meant free to do his own thing down in Florida with the possible involvement of Philly. I should've worded that better. And if the news article on the first page is true with Ligambi letting Merlino know he was taking the reigns while he was in lockup, he got demoted in a way. He's semi-retired since being released, at least until his parole is up. Like Philly said though, it will be interesting to see how everything plays out when that time comes.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 10:24 PM

How can Ligambi have taken over the family in 2000 when there are tapes confirming that Merlino is still the boss and that Ligambi is just keeping the throne warm? Either

1) Ligambi never actually tried to take over from Merlino
2) He wanted to, but was stopped
3) Merlino actually retired/stepped down since those taped conversations and Ligambi has officially taken over.

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 11:25 PM

I wonder what new york thinks about philly getting stronger, it seems like new york wants to keep the other families weak so they can take over thier rackets
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: new philly thread - 02/12/14 11:29 PM

What makes you think philly is "getting stronger"

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 12:28 AM

Tommy is a made guy just like his old man. Got his button along with eric damon, louie sonny alby and another kid in scoops crew.

Tommy was under ant.

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 12:36 AM

@del merlino is out George is out ligambi is out the other guys will be out within a few years, with all of theses heavy hitters on the streets it will create more made guys and venturing into new territories, philly and jersey is getting to small
Posted By: StLguy

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 01:27 AM

"@del merlino is out George is out ligambi is out the other guys will be out within a few years, with all of theses heavy hitters on the streets it will create more made guys and venturing into new territories, philly and jersey is getting to small"

How old are all the guys getting out?

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 01:54 AM

If I remember reading good fella tapes book this guy was a kid back then and was that guy shootsie's nephew. Tommy m. That guy shootsie got rail roaded He was just a bookie who was just doing what his boss stanfa told him the feds gave him like 20 yrs. And stanfa always badmouth him but the old guy never flipped and died in jail. He even wanted Merlino and stanfa to make peace. Stands got pissed cause he went to go see the genovese capo Andy in Newark without out consulting stands first.

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 02:24 AM

I feel that the time is very right for the Philadelphia family. With a lot of the heavy hitter now out of jail or close to it. I think Ligambi can take them back to the glory days. Like someone else said in another post they are gonna have to start branching outside of Philly and Atlantic city if they want to start racking in the money. Get back in with the unions and that will be a plus. Ligambi and Merlino can do great things for the family but we just have to sit back, wait and see.

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 02:51 AM

Philly guys don't take this the wrong way but the philly FAM is so interesting cause they had like 6 made guys go and write books. Like the family for 2 decades put out press releases. Its great for a mob nerd like me. Blood and honor is a classic book from nick the crows p.o.v. then tommy dels kids; previt.leonetti.veasey.guy tommy horse head giving interviews on an on. Natale got his book turned down cause wants more to say. I'm going against the consensus that Merlino retired. Nope bosses don't retire why the hell was ligambi and company telling the gambinos 3 yrs ago he's the acting boss.back to the family being so public. Good fella tapes. The guy who recorded his induction. But fuck they just keep coming back. Merlin the 2014 prototype of boss. He's the same age as m.m.d. shit the philly guys must have elected him boss he's hasn't done anything since he got out of jail to embarris them guys. I said he could have had a reality TV on vh1 3 yes ago when he got out. So what's he doing for money; being a boss.
Posted By: mike68

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 03:18 AM

The more guys back in the game, the more the Feds will watch them, unless they can actually keep a low profile for an extended period of time.

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 05:08 AM

Shotsie got railroaded he could have been boss but he didlt want it. If tony piccolo would have taken it shotsie would have been 2 and could averted the whole war but buck didnt want it. Shame, shotsie was a stand up guy but stanfa blew the whole thing with his bull shit.
Posted By: ThatsLife215

Re: new philly thread - 02/13/14 08:45 AM

Wow that chart is way off. there are good guys on there with families that dont even have parking tickets. Just because you grew up with someone who may be involved with illegal activity you are a gangster? wikipedia and all sites like it are a joke. I hope no one on that list is applying for a job that would do a search. Could this be considered slander? i asking i really dont know

Re: new philly thread - 02/14/14 12:10 AM

Shotsie was a bookie I thought. Didn't think he had any clout

Re: new philly thread - 02/14/14 04:08 AM

Yea that's because he was a bookie that's it. Tommy m is not a made guy. His dad whoever the fuck that's supposed to be also is not a made guy. I dunno who southjerseyoldhead is supposed to be but that is simply not true. I even asked my friend tonight just to be sure because I don't like to jump to conclusions but I can confirm that tommy marone and "his dad" whoever that is supposed to be are not involved in anything. My source is a family member of Lou sheep.

Re: new philly thread - 02/14/14 04:36 AM

Shotsie was a bookie but he definitely had clout. Those two arent necesarilly incompatable. He was a very smart and low key guy who could have easily gotten the support to tak eover. His mentality was make money no headlines kind of like Ligambi.

Re: new philly thread - 02/15/14 09:43 PM

I just read the goodfella tapes shotsie was def more than just a bookie. He had clout. What are you talking about vegas Mikey?

Re: new philly thread - 02/16/14 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: southjerseyoldhead
Shotsie got railroaded he could have been boss but he didlt want it. If tony piccolo would have taken it shotsie would have been 2 and could averted the whole war but buck didnt want it. Shame, shotsie was a stand up guy but stanfa blew the whole thing with his bull shit.
this post what I was talking about. Ok maybe he had stanfas ear but he was a bookie, a big bookie but still just a bookie. He could have and would have never been considered a candidate for being boss of anything. He was also in his mid seventies in the.early 90s. I mean who is he succeeding for boss anyway? Stanfa? This guy.was not recognized as anybody by the Merlino side during and after stanfa, nor was he by the scarfo guys before. The same thing with Tommy M and I am not sure his dad is or ever was anyone.

Re: new philly thread - 02/16/14 06:04 PM

He could not have succeded stanfa becasue he went down with stanfa. Piccolo was the logical choice to suceed scarfo but he didnt want it. Shotsie and tony buck were friends and had stanfa not come along shotsie culd have gotten the seat and united the famiy. He was an old school guy who was respected by the north jersey guys like scoops and sodano and the guys in philly. the merlino faction would not have gone against him.

Had tony piccolo taken over shotsie would have been top 3 no doubt about it.

Re: new philly thread - 02/16/14 06:42 PM

Ok so tony piccolo coulda been boss I'll give you that, shotsie no

Re: new philly thread - 02/16/14 06:52 PM

Ill tell you this. Shotsie had much more stature then ligambi and ligambi is now boss. Im not denigrating joe because I think very highly of him, but to say shotsie couldent have been boss because he was "just" a bookie is absurd. You knwo who else was "just" a bookie, and a much lower level one is ligambi.

Re: new philly thread - 02/16/14 06:52 PM

Why is it so unbelievable? Guys have to start somewhere. Stanfa started as a driver. The chin was a boxer that botched the biggest hit in history and ended up being among the best bosses of all time.

Why can't someone good with the sports book end up as a capo or admin?
Posted By: cheech

Re: new philly thread - 02/16/14 10:08 PM

In Boca on the way to the Cheesecake Factory. Hope I get a glimpse of Skinny Joey. Cross your fingers

Re: new philly thread - 02/16/14 11:15 PM

Someone on big trial always comments nicodemo flipped see you later Joe and the guys. Its probably be but just seems like it gonna happen any day. And that guy galati who ran the insurance fraud shit there saying he talking.

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Why is it so unbelievable? Guys have to start somewhere. Stanfa started as a driver. The chin was a boxer that botched the biggest hit in history and ended up being among the best bosses of all time.

it's unbelievable for several reasons. I will list them. AGE. Pedigree. Social standing. The time and place. He was jus a.bookie. Joe ligambi was MADE under scarfo and new all them guys his whole life. Maybe he was an unlikely boss but way more likely then some guy from.nj . Also After shooting a person in the streets. Who made shotsie? Was it no one or Stanfa? Same.difference. you guys must be fucking high on pcp to think a bookie from runnemede nj could be the.boss of LCN in Philly in the early 90s too. No
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

it's unbelievable for several reasons. I will list them. AGE. Pedigree. Social standing. The time and place. He was jus a.bookie. Joe ligambi was MADE under scarfo and new all them guys his whole life. Maybe he was an unlikely boss but way more likely then some guy from.nj . Also After shooting a person in the streets. Who made shotsie? Was it no one or Stanfa? Same.difference. you guys must be fucking high on pcp to think a bookie from runnemede nj could be the.boss of LCN in Philly in the early 90s too. No

I think shotsie was made back in like the 50s before Bruno was boss he had been around for long time at that point

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 05:14 AM

Shotsie wasnt made? Shotsie made by stanfa? Is this a joke?

Shotsie was made before stanfa even thought about coming to philly. No jersey boss of philly in early 90's? Who was boss before? Where had he operated for 20 years. jesus
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 02:17 PM

South : give me a heads up ,where did this guy work out of ect. cus i do not know him . What's is his real name ?
Posted By: NorthJeresyLife

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 04:03 PM

feds use it as an excuse
to give harsh sentences to italian bookmakers
throw on an irish or jewish last name 10% fo the time
mausie didnt even know who lou baretta was
never met damon canalichio
but you put a vowel at their name, its an enterprise
and they get 8 years for a 25k loan at 3 points
lower interest than a check cashing joint
disgusting

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 04:07 PM

Wasn't Shotsie made at the same time Long John Martorano was? I think they were the first 2 guys Scarfo made if my memory is correct. No?
Posted By: Snakes

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 04:08 PM

Why do you keep acting like these guys are the victims? They know the risk and still do it, some of you bitch more about jail time than the guys who are actually in it.

After 40 years of RICO, you think people would know the deal with it by now

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: southjerseyoldhead
Shotsie wasnt made? Shotsie made by stanfa? Is this a joke?

Shotsie was made before stanfa even thought about coming to philly. No jersey boss of philly in early 90's? Who was boss before? Where had he operated for 20 years. jesus

Scarfo was the boss, from jersey. Still has nothng to do with shotsie who was never and would never have been a candidate for the boss of anything.

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 09:54 PM

I saw something earlier about people wondering if Nicodemo flipped or is going to.When you really think about it what difference does it make.By that I mean say he flips and gives out names,so and so ordered the hit,so and so carried it out.I'm talking about the 3 murders on Ligambi's watch,Long John,Turchi,and Johnny ''Gongs''.So say the feds bring these guys in,it's basically just Nicodemo's word against theirs.He may be a way better witness than Bent Finger or Aponick but still it's not like anybody wore a wire that day,or they found the murder weapon,or any taped conversations.So everybody says those guys would be sunk but their lawyers will say in so many words show me the evidence.It just doesn't seem that easy.Probably everybody knows what went down but proving it is a whole different ball game.

Re: new philly thread - 02/17/14 11:26 PM

Its about the domino effect more than just his word. Guys get jammed up and they feel the heat and flip themselves. Its a snowball effect.
Posted By: ThatsLife215

Re: new philly thread - 02/18/14 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Someone on big trial always comments nicodemo flipped see you later Joe and the guys. Its probably be but just seems like it gonna happen any day. And that guy galati who ran the insurance fraud shit there saying he talking.

Please disregard anything you read on Big Trial. its all a bunch of troublemakers. all the rats and their families write posts on there to stir the pot.
Posted By: NorthJeresyLife

Re: new philly thread - 02/18/14 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: ThatsLife215
Originally Posted By: pmac

Please disregard anything you read on Big Trial. its all a bunch of troublemakers. all the rats and their families write posts on there to stir the pot.

you guys know who is posting all that shit on big trial? its that rat polak junkie veasey. he posts 10-15 times on each article pretending to be a differnet person. that stunad has a particular wayy of talking.

Re: new philly thread - 02/18/14 03:02 AM

Stanfa made veasey after a couple months of veasey being with him. Not too mention veasey is not an italian name. STanfa has to go down as the worst "boss" in teh history of the mafia. What was it like 70% of the his crew flipped?
Posted By: reginald_denny

Re: new philly thread - 02/18/14 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
South : give me a heads up ,where did this guy work out of ect. cus i do not know him . What's is his real name ?
i don't believe you know anyone, your a sham
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: new philly thread - 02/19/14 12:10 PM

Hey everyone that was part of the old philly trial thread remembers all the pictures I was posting right? Tell me how in the last 2 days I have gotten weird private messages about some of the pictures. And I am pretty sure Joe Ligambi Jr. girlfriend is messaging me because i posted some pictures she was in. Also I am almost 100% positive Sonny Mazzone is messaging me acting like a fan boy and asking for all the pictures of specifically Sonny Mazzone. I straight up told the guy that if he really is Sonny I think we could have a great conversation together buddy! haha
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: new philly thread - 02/19/14 12:13 PM

Ligambi jrs girls username is XoXo .. and the guy I think Is Sonny Mazzone or atleast a friend of his username is DelGiudice .. They both joined the forum in the last week or so and both have no posts. Also both messaged me just about 5 minutes after they joined... haha I pissed somebody off!

Re: new philly thread - 02/19/14 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Ligambi jrs girls username is XoXo .. and the guy I think Is Sonny Mazzone or atleast a friend of his username is DelGiudice .. They both joined the forum in the last week or so and both have no posts. Also both messaged me just about 5 minutes after they joined... haha I pissed somebody off!

LOL they gonna put the philly jinx hit on you Stevie!
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: new philly thread - 02/19/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Why do these people feel the need to do that, they don't realise that by going to the trouble of arguing with faceless people on the internet they have already lost the argument.

Re: new philly thread - 02/19/14 05:46 PM

Handsome Stevie damn bro lol

Re: new philly thread - 02/19/14 05:53 PM

I wonder how they find out about this forum. Are they surfing the web looking for newspaper clippings for a family scrap book then find a link to here, read the posts and go Bananas? I mean B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
Posted By: DelGiudice

Re: new philly thread - 02/20/14 05:26 AM

Come on guys, I'm not Sonny Mazzone and I'm no fan boy.
Don't make fun of me. ohwell

Re: new philly thread - 02/20/14 05:41 AM

I'm guessing in the same way that there are posters here that get word about mobsters, they're are mobsters who know people that surf the net for this shit.

Re: new philly thread - 02/20/14 05:41 AM

Would it even matter if Galati flipped? Isn't he just a low level associate? Who could he implicate?
Posted By: Gingello101182

Re: new philly thread - 02/20/14 10:16 PM

Hi Ted. I think you are right about Galati. I read in one of the articles about Galati that he may have helped to setup the van that was used to ambush Stanfa and his son. I guess he may have been involved in some fraud with Philly LCN guys but you are right it is not as though he could put anyone away for life like Nicodemo. This is just my opinion based on what I have read.
Posted By: Xoxo

Re: new philly thread - 02/22/14 04:14 AM

Hey I just want to let everyone know I am not Joe Ligambi Jrs girlfriend .. I am a friend of hers and saw handsome Stevie put pictures of her up from google from her Facebook so maybe people shouldn't make accusations that aren't true and jump to conclusions

Re: new philly thread - 02/22/14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Xoxo
Hey I just want to let everyone know I am not Joe Ligambi Jrs girlfriend .. I am a friend of hers and saw handsome Stevie put pictures of her up from google from her Facebook so maybe people shouldn't make accusations that aren't true and jump to conclusions

Name dropper lol.

Re: new philly thread - 02/22/14 01:37 PM

@xoxo what was said about her that's not true?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET