Home

Philly Family Interesting times ahead.

Posted By: flamingokid123

Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/25/14 10:31 PM

It will be a very interesting next couple of years , with all the top guys out on streets trying to take their share of the pie.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/25/14 10:34 PM

if the boss got indicted for gambling and loansharking then they don't have much of a pie

they're gonna get indicted if they let merlino call it

if they're smart then they'll tell him to stay in florida and shut the fuck up
Posted By: Merlinofan1970

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/26/14 03:28 AM

I hope all the guys just recently released steer clear of each other an not put their families through more trials.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/26/14 06:27 AM

That wont happen.leave merlino in fla.and they can prolly avoud trials for awhile
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/26/14 07:07 AM

George best lay low for a few years. The Feds will be pissed and all over him like white on rice.

Likewise old Joe if he walks as well.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 02:42 AM

I wonder if Licata will still be a capo. Borgesi best lay low for awhile. I can not picture Merlino staying in Florida for ever.
Posted By: HandsomeHarry

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 03:16 AM

I don't understand why so many guys got such a problem with Merlino. The guy was a kid when he got indicted back in the day and if he has been calling the shots all these years then he's no slouch and he's not stupid. He's out living the dream in Boca.
Posted By: HandsomeHarry

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 03:19 AM

These guys are a lot older and wiser now. I don't think we'll be seeing indictments and I personally believe they will fly under the radar. What pisses me off is that the feds are going after these guys when they should be going after the terrorists and crack dealers. These guys are easy targets, don't require the feds to get their hands dirty and offer an easy promotion. I can't stand the alphabet boys!!
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 04:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpYgpF1bqQ

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 06:18 AM

You are right. Agrees 100% wit ya.

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 06:20 AM

Being he's on supervised release, (GB) I tend to agree with u.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 11:34 AM

Extortion- you know the Borgesis were jammin to that Friday night! lol lol lol

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeHarry
These guys are a lot older and wiser now. I don't think we'll be seeing indictments and I personally believe they will fly under the radar. What pisses me off is that the feds are going after these guys when they should be going after the terrorists and crack dealers. These guys are easy targets, don't require the feds to get their hands dirty and offer an easy promotion. I can't stand the alphabet boys!!

so the fbi shouldn't indict a bunch of murderers and scam artist?

most crack dealers don't even make enough money for the feds to worry about them
Posted By: 22

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 02:19 PM

Sometimes you look at somebody a certain way from what you hear,I obviously don't know Borgesi but when I saw him walking out of the courthouse in that picture,he almost looked like a guy that's had enough and its time to chill.You always here people say he wanted to be a gangster from day 1 and at least unlike others he stayed the course and never ratted unlike a lot of wannabe tough guys,who fold when the going gets tough.I will give him that.They said when the verdict was read he choked back tears and muttered thank you to every juror under his breath.I thought for sure he would have had a few choice words for the prosecution.To me it seemed like the fight was out of him and it was time to move on.We will see what happens now but maybe he's not as bad a guy as everybody says.

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 02:36 PM

Also a funny line to me is why do they [the feds] go after the mob guys and not the terrorist and crack dealers.I don't know about that Philly alone has taken down some pretty violent drug gangs in the past.They are always busting ''dirty'' cops and as far as terrorist go the navy seals got their big prize last year.Also if a key mob guy goes to jail or gets shut down maybe somebody steps up,probably with not as much expirence.When these drug gangs get busted there's somebody setting up shop before the other guy gets to the police station.That never stops,no void there.
Posted By: Spadine

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 02:49 PM

I agree . They seem to allow alot of gangs & groups to operate & do business here in cleveland also . You know in a sick way , the mob actually was a force on the street & kept order . If you look back on times , as they started taking down the mob they allowed so much to go into the hands of these idiots & you see the results from it . I think maybe 2 cops were ever busted being dirty in cleve !
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

most crack dealers don't even make enough money for the feds to worry about them

Don't Mousey and Damion and some others have multiple drug convictions?

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

right the philly mob is probably moving all kinds of drugs
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 05:35 PM

They were never really that heavly involved in drugs(aside from long john), at least not involved in the distribution, but during the scarfo through merlino years when they had their street taxes going they were extorting drug dealers on a pretty large scale. And in more recent times i think it would be more common for them to give a guy a loan to get his startup for the drug business then actually be pushing the drugs themselves.

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 07:06 PM

Sounds about right Dellacroce,know they used to have access to that p2p,even beat a trial involving that back in 86 or 87.that alone was a major money-maker.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
They were never really that heavly involved in drugs(aside from long john), at least not involved in the distribution, but during the scarfo through merlino years when they had they had there street taxes going they were extorting drug dealers on a pretty large scale. And in more recent times i think it would be more common for them to give a guy a loan to get his startup for the drug business then actually be pushing the drugs themselves.

Del, Isn't that called conspiracy?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
They were never really that heavly involved in drugs(aside from long john), at least not involved in the distribution, but during the scarfo through merlino years when they had they had there street taxes going they were extorting drug dealers on a pretty large scale. And in more recent times i think it would be more common for them to give a guy a loan to get his startup for the drug business then actually be pushing the drugs themselves.

Del, Isn't that called conspiracy?

o ya definatly, guys have been nailed for a lot less.
Posted By: jmack

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/27/14 09:13 PM

Yes the Philly family still deals drugs, including the examples you just gave. They just don't do it on a large scale like they used to in the 70's and behind Scarfo's back in the 80's. The money that they make from it is minimal.

Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/28/14 09:13 AM

What pisses me off is that the feds are going after these guys when they should be going after the terrorists and crack dealers. These guys are easy targets, don't require the feds to get their hands dirty and offer an easy promotion. I can't stand the alphabet boys!!

You said it right there HH. Terrorism is what everyone in the agency wants to work nowadays, but, in order to get there, you've got to climb up the corporate ladder, though. How does a 'suit' climb to advance his/her career? Shucks, not by waiting around for attrition. They start at the bottom of the barrel. Nail a low level guy who they know can't do time. Guy with a family, ties to OC, not made, just around the life. Flip him and go to work for a few years to make their case. Then they get to a point where the mob is quiet, they announce, like they've done here in NY, that they're cutting the NYC mob task force again, this time from 5 units down to 3. Wait for things to stir up again and bam.... Headlines "Mob still going strong in blah blah blah."
Funny how once they arrest, it's mob strong, then in the news reports after the trial, it's mob decimated. Truth is. It's all a game. Many lives get sidetracked for the ladder climbers.

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/28/14 03:54 PM

..and keeping warmer than the rest of us, buy doing so!
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/28/14 04:23 PM

U guys are aware your talking about a bunch of killers and scam artists right? Drug dealers and terrorists gets caught all the time which planet are u guys living on? U guys want these mobsters on the streets so bad until it's one of ur family members that gets killed or they cheat one of ur family members out of thier life savings. Yeah I bet u felt real safe when they was shaking down momand pop stores, I bet u felt real safe when u was scared to go to the cops and tell them u saw a crime oput of fear that u might get killed, did it make u feel safe when u walked by a garbage can with a body chopped up? Or maybe u felt safe when they was using little joey as a runner and his pops didn't have the balls to stand up to them. I don't have a horse in the race I just enjoy the cat and mouse games

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/28/14 04:40 PM

Your right Big Fella they do go after these drug guys all the time.I have seen these border shows where at the end of the day they have enough confiscated drugs to fill up the Wells Fargo Center.But you know what,somebody just replaces it and it goes on and on.

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/28/14 05:43 PM

@thebigfella

some people seem not to realize that cutting up bodies is worse than drug dealing

plus how do drugs even get into the country.....I THINK WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER

they usually don't put nice guys under federal investigation
Posted By: F_white

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/29/14 06:15 AM

Can joe keep everyone an line we will see.
Posted By: British

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/29/14 01:00 PM

How big is the Philly family?

I read on here that some of the old Scarfo guys were getting out, would Ligambi be there man over Merlino
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/29/14 02:49 PM

Ligambi is Merlino's man. Everybody thinks Uncle Joe is only called that because hes Borgesi uncle but Merlino looks at him like an Uncle as well because Uncle Joe was very close with Chuckie Merlino. Joey would of never let Uncle Joe carry the torch if he didnt have him in his back pocket.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/29/14 03:12 PM

Wasn't Borgesi caught on tape before he was locked up saying his Uncle Joe said Merlino was a cancer on the family? I rememember reading that.

Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/29/14 03:39 PM

I counted all the known made members one time and it was around 60
Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Re: Philly Family Interesting times ahead. - 01/29/14 04:32 PM

Found this decent analysis/speculation on aboutthemafia.com:

Now two veteran mobsters are back on the streets of Phildephia where the mob family has been unsettled at best of late. Whether or not they will look to exert any influence or control over the local mob family and re-establish themselves with high ranking positions is a question being asked by both state and federal authorities.The beleaguered crime family could be split in as many as three different factions as several Philly mobsters once loyal to former boss Nicodemo “Little Nicky” Scarfo are now back on the streets and could be looking for their piece of the pie. It is also believed that Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino who has been living in Florida since his release from prison could still be a player having several key associates from his prior regime like Steven Mazzone and John Ciancaglini on streets in Philly. Now Ligambi and Borgesi are back on the streets they could choose a side with one of the two camps or try and re-establish themselves as part of the Philly Mafia leadership landscape.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET