Home

Frank Bonomo of the Bonannos.

Posted By: Gotti

Frank Bonomo of the Bonannos. - 01/21/14 02:18 PM

Does anybody have much information on him? I managed to find this link but I was wondering how accurate it was because I have failed to find anything else online about him.

Thanks.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Frank Bonomo of the Bonannos. - 01/21/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Gotti
Does anybody have much information on him? I managed to find this link but I was wondering how accurate it was because I have failed to find anything else online about him.

Thanks.

You wont find a more accurate article on Bonomo than the one in the link you posted (which I canĀ“t see btw.) So here it is again.

http://www.onewal.com/a024/f_bonomo.html
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Frank Bonomo of the Bonannos. - 02/08/14 05:25 AM

Bonomo was very loyal to the family. He was a loyalist to Joe Bonanno during the Bonanno War. He was well respected in the family, but was never an offical capo as far as I know. He did serve as an acting capo in the late 70's, Galante promoted him to official capo during this time, but he always felt that Rastelli was still the offical boss of the family and continued to report to the real capo of the crew Salvo. He was close to many capo's at this time in the family, he was close to Phil Giaconne. Sometime after the three capo's were murdered in 1981, Joe Massino stripped Bonomo of his associates, and they were tranfered to the Gambino crime family. Massino said this was on Rastelli's orders, but Bonomo thought Phil had nothing to do with this and believed that Massino was really behind the move to curry favor with John Gotti, a rising star in the Gambino crime family at the time. After that Bonomo retired from the family.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET