Home

How wiseguys dress these days

Posted By: British

How wiseguys dress these days - 01/20/14 11:16 PM

From the various photos on sites like this, it really shows the difference from years ago when it looked like most wiseguys dressed quite well.

Most pictures from these days seem to show them dressing poorly, am I wrong?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/20/14 11:20 PM

wow, is this the return of Wilson? lol
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 03:15 AM

The trend seems to be a wife beater and whatever brand track suit fell off the back of a truck that week.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 03:28 AM

They dress like any of us
Posted By: British

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 10:36 AM

The middle aged overweight guy in a tracksuit is a look i try and keep away from lol
Posted By: southend

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 01:11 PM

I have to say I was a little surprised to see Anthony Santoro wearing an Echo hoodie
Posted By: bigboy

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 04:10 PM

Perhaps Vinnie Basciano will be the last of the good dressers. Compare him to Massino in his tracksuit with his jowls hanging down.
Posted By: carmela

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: southend
I have to say I was a little surprised to see Anthony Santoro wearing an Echo hoodie

With his matching dirty sweatpants size XXL ( I know, I know...3 a.m. woken out of sleep, nothing else to wear), socks with sandals...the fat sloppy bastard probably hasn't seen his pisciolino since the 80's.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 05:38 PM

Anthony DiNunzio from Boston was a pig!!! Dressed in sweat pants and walked around the North End...no class at all.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 06:26 PM

That fat fuck Santoro is a real classy guy. Check him out squeezing his balls. lol

Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/21/14 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

That fat fuck Santoro is a real classy guy. Check him out squeezing his balls. lol

Those guys look like they were ridden hard and saved up wet...
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/22/14 03:38 AM

Look at the pictures of Carlo and Vito and all the Patriarchs. Now look at the people standing around them. I'll bet they're invariably dressed in similar, all-be-it less expensive, suits.

Today, we live in a jeans and t shirt society (unless our job requires better). Anthony Santoro looks just like my dad on the couch for Sunday Football (minus about 100 pounds).
Posted By: Ted

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/22/14 04:12 AM

^Exactly. Back in the day, everyone wore suits. Even at causal dinners or sporting events or even going to see a movie. So the old mobsters did the same. Now days most people hardly ever where them. Hence mobsters dressing more slobbish (and of course keeping a low-profile blah blah blah).

Plus those guys pictured above are lower-level guys, yes? They're not leaders sitting back and collecting money. They're working the streets, so they'll dress accordingly.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/22/14 09:35 PM

LOLL!! Slobbish equals low key?? The suits are the front men these days, to jerks offs that actually have to work... and hard too...

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/22/14 09:51 PM

Please. Don't even get me started on people that wear sweatpants in public anywhere outside the gym. Whether you're the fat bastard Santoro, or one of these football rejects that couldn't make it past high school football walking around like you're in your 3rd trimester, it says one of three things: you care nothing about your appearance, nothing without elastic fits you, or you've given up on life so you may as well off yourself already.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/22/14 09:57 PM

Reminds of me of that time when George Costanza started wearing sweatpants around and Jerry's reaction was priceless lol

"You know what kind of message you're sending to the world with these sweatpants? You're telling the world 'I give up, I can't compete in normal society, I'm miserable, so I may as well be comfortable'"

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/22/14 10:03 PM

95% of the time you see a guy walking around in sweatpants the guy is a drug addict.

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/22/14 11:06 PM

[quote=carmela]Please. Don't even get me started on people that wear sweatpants in public anywhere outside the gym. Whether you're the fat bastard Santoro, or one of these football rejects that couldn't make it past high school football walking around like you're in your 3rd trimester, it says one of three things: you care nothing about your appearance, nothing without elastic fits you, or you've given up on life so you may as well off yourself already.
lol lol lol Great analysis Carmela

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/26/14 06:13 AM

I have to confess! I wear my sweats in the morning on the way to the coffee shop to drink my coffee (to which I am an addict) and to have my daily bran muffin! lolll
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/26/14 06:48 AM

George Constanza wore velvet.

Least most gangsters haven't bottomed out yet.
Posted By: Thaddeus

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/26/14 09:30 AM

Castanza would drape himself in velvet if it were socially acceptable.
Posted By: cheech

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/26/14 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

With his matching dirty sweatpants size XXL ( I know, I know...3 a.m. woken out of sleep, nothing else to wear), socks with sandals...the fat sloppy bastard probably hasn't seen his pisciolino since the 80's.

best post in 2014

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/26/14 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
Originally Posted By: carmela

best post in 2014

I have a lot of great posts lined up; watch for them.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/26/14 10:42 PM

Lol classic.
Posted By: HandsomeHarry

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 01:14 AM

What's wrong with a leisure suit? I wear them all the time. Track jacket, track pants and a nice pair of Nikes. I look better than most people wearing casual clothes.
Posted By: JoeP

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 03:45 AM

I like to wear sweatpants when I go to the titty club.
Posted By: HandsomeHarry

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 03:57 AM

Haha!

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 08:17 PM

I recall that back in the late 50's and 60's we used to get tailor made pants ($15.00) great Damon knitted shirts and of course the leather jacket. Sharkskin suits for dress. Thought we were cool. Is Damon even in business any more?? They had great looking sweaters??
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 08:23 PM

I remenber the Shempley's Sansabelt slacks with Action Zone and the extra large snack sack. If somebody googles it and can put the picture up it will be appreciated. I don't know how.

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 09:08 PM

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 09:14 PM

They censored out the best part: the extra large snack sack.

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 09:42 PM

Wish those pants were around now! LOL
Posted By: Scalish

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/27/14 10:07 PM

Lol that's right the extra large snack sack. Lol your to much Carmela.
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/28/14 01:25 PM

Speaking specifically in regards to Chicago Cosa Nostra, the typical Outfit street soldier uniform is a pair of light wash blue jeans, tennis shoes, a grey or black sweater, a baseball cap or an Irish "flat cap", and a pair of aviator/wide frame sunglasses.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/28/14 03:32 PM

The guy modeling those pants looks just like the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket...Lee Ermey??
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/28/14 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Holyoke
The guy modeling those pants looks just like the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket...Lee Ermey??

I recently saw a rerun of "Law and Order: SVU." Ermey played a convincing rapist. He turned into a very good character actor.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/28/14 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Speaking specifically in regards to Chicago Cosa Nostra, the typical Outfit street soldier uniform is a pair of light wash blue jeans, tennis shoes, a grey or black sweater, a baseball cap or an Irish "flat cap", and a pair of aviator/wide frame sunglasses.

so dress lowkey and then throw on some Gucci shades
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/28/14 07:07 PM

I'm going to try and find that Law and Order episode. He was great in the Geico commercial he was in.

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 01/28/14 07:20 PM

Gunnery sergeant Hartman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur3121e_Cgg

Re: How wiseguys dress these days - 02/05/14 02:39 AM

those poor strippers loll!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET