Home

Reviving the Colombo's

Posted By: Jenkins

Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 12:19 AM

Is there any hope of reviving New York's weakest family? Reading the Michael Franzese thread made me think about that. In past discussions I've asked why they continue to let Junior Persico run it into the ground and the answer was he has too many relatives in the organization for anyone to overthrow the regime. They would certainly benefit from a change in leadership in my opinion. When Junior dies will that change anything? Will we ever see a resurgence from them like the Bonnano's did under Massino?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 12:58 AM

Despite them being the smallest of the five families they are not going anywhere anytime soon. They are still a very active organization, and are a still diversified in all the mob "staples", gambling, loansharking, extortion, and even still have a prescence in certain unions. People are to quick to write the colombos off, yes they got hit the hardest in "mafia take down day" but everyone charged ultimatley got off pretty easy, even their acting boss is already back on the streets. Bottom line the colombos arent even close to being wiped out.
Posted By: StLguy

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 01:09 AM

"Bottom line the colombos arent even close to being wiped out."

Do you think that the Decavalcantes are really as close to the end as many people here seem to think? It's odd that they can be so close to the center of the mob world and powerful mob families, but still be as pitifully weak as some make out. It seems that someone would have taken them out and collected the scraps if that were true. I guess it could be true though. I don't think that they even have a representative on Mob Wives... and that's worse that being off the Commission.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 01:55 AM

The thing about the decalvacantes is that in the past most of their power and big money came from their influence in the construction industry through their control over local 394, that was really their main niche while "being in the shadows of the 5 families". Back in 2006 local 394 was put under govt oversight in the attempt to remove organized crime influence and a number of guys got ousted from their union jobs. So today their presecence in construction is just a small fraction of what it used to be and its just a matter of time before theyre kicked out completely, and without that they will be nothing more then a "glorified crew" lol.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 02:09 AM

Do you know if the other families even cooperate with them on any rackets like they do with each other? Do other wiseguys think that they're a total joke now?
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 02:24 AM

They gotta have money left over from the gasoline racket..,
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 02:38 AM

They are almost entirely Brooklyn based, and south Brooklyn for that matter. They also share the area with big chunk of the Gambino family, as well as a few bonanno and luchesse crews.

How many more mobsters can dyker heights and bay ridge really produce? For this day and age.

And by "based" i'm talking about neighborhoods where guys live, not where they have scams. There may be a Colombo crew "based" in manhattan because they have some shylocks at a contruction yard in midtown, but they aren't based there.They may have a wire room in costa rica, but they aren't a costa rican based family.

There members come from, for the most part, south Brooklyn. An area that is changing.

I think they are on the way out.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 02:41 AM

"They are almost entirely Brooklyn based, and south Brooklyn for that matter"

I was under the impression that there were significant numbers of them from Staten Island too.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 03:31 PM

A change an leadership will help,but like you said to many of relatives in the family.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 03:58 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens when Persico croaks. I'm pretty sure that Orena is in for life, but does he have any connected relatives that are known.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 04:12 PM

The orenas are relatives of the persicos
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 05:06 PM

Yeah that was the whole reason persico put orena in charge , he thought coz he was a family member he could control him and he would be loyal 100%
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 06:45 PM

The Colombos have a big presence in Long Island too. But they are definitely the most geographically confined of the NY families.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 08:04 PM

with scopo,lang, and fusco kicking the bucket im sure they replaced them with some goons over the holidays. fbi must have been all over those funerals in the last 2 months. I thought the press would have reported on langs wake. maybe it was small but I doubt that he was snakes best friend. his nephew is stll active in that family there was a recent pic of him bf and the rat russo at a bar.
Posted By: British

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 08:26 PM

Have they made new members?
Posted By: Jenkins

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/10/14 10:58 PM

Does Alphonse Persico have any say now? When Junior finally kicks the bucket is Alphonse gonna try to run things? The Persico's seem just like the Gotti's. Gambino's finally purged the Gotti's out and I think that's what the Colombo's should do.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/13/14 01:44 AM

"The orenas are relatives of the persicos"

God damn. This is like mafia family inbreeding.
Posted By: Wisegoodguy007

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/13/14 03:45 AM

FBI doesn't even bother w surveillance anymore. They got moles inside the wakes w wires. What's better than that. The colombos keep refilling their ranks w more rats and half ass slouches. The guys now are just violent and greedy. Far cry from the violent and greedy smarter predecessors.
Posted By: TheArm

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/14/14 05:16 PM

They have always been the weak sister of the 5 NY families, mainly becuse of their incestuous leadership their tendency to open the books for every unmade mook in the 5 bouroughs who could earn a nickle and a dime,and a senseless inernal war. Thay are not called "the gang who couldnt shoot staright" for nothing.
Persico had ambitions of expansion in the 80 but assigned an idiot(Dominic Bretti) who put together a crew of junkies and rats, so he failed miserably. They will always be with us, but they will be the same old Columbos
Posted By: NinoSconza

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/14/14 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: TheArm
They have always been the weak sister of the 5 NY families, mainly becuse of their incestuous leadership their tendency to open the books for every unmade mook in the 5 bouroughs who could earn a nickle and a dime,and a senseless inernal war. Thay are not called "the gang who couldnt shoot staright" for nothing.
Persico had ambitions of expansion in the 80 but assigned an idiot(Dominic Bretti) who put together a crew of junkies and rats, so he failed miserably. They will always be with us, but they will be the same old Columbos

You've read too many books my friend. Your not fooling anyone. You should look up delusions of grandeur

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/14/14 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: NinoSconza
Originally Posted By: TheArm

You've read too many books my friend. Your not fooling anyone. You should look up delusions of grandeur

Listen and learn son, you might not come off like such a goof.
But if you want to dazzle us by refuting ANYTHING I have ever posted....dazzle away....you won't of course, becuse you have nothing.
Now scurry off and go play a game of candy crush

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/14/14 05:38 PM

Hey Arm, get your nose out of the book and get back to work, u owe dis guy an envelope.
Posted By: NinoSconza

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/14/14 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Hey Arm, get your nose out of the book and get back to work, u owe dis guy an envelope.

That envelope is needed we're trying to get skinny bail he's being held in the Morris County Jail with all the Luchhess's right now. He's got bad blood with them, we must bail him out.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/14/14 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

The only envelope that punk ass bitch gets is from the Govenment with a check and a date he needs to be at the welfare office to recertify.
Oh...and letters from his mom who is currently working as a "hostess" in Thiland...:)

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/15/14 03:43 AM

It ain't even that. It's a small family n persico can't get out of his own way. Teddy is out now but they're so weak now it's impossible to rebuild. They should merge w the lucheses. The gambinos should merge w the bonanos and the genoveses remain. Three families . Less bullshit. Everyone should live with one another for two years in a big fucking dorm for each family and conduct business in a swimming pool to avoid moles , wires and that would be the only way to rebuild it.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/15/14 03:43 AM

Not that it should be rebuilt. They're all plagues on society.

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/15/14 04:03 AM

@wisegoodguy

Who do you think that the DeCavs should merge with?
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/15/14 04:08 AM

Not that you asked me, but I think they should just remain an independent, if only as "glorified crew". Pyramid schemes suck when there's more people to kick upstairs to!! wink
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/15/14 05:55 AM

How much sway do Baudanza and Shacks actually hold?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Reviving the Colombo's - 01/15/14 12:43 PM

Why on earth would the Gambino's merge with the Bonanno's? Gambino have like 200 members and are a strong family.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET