Home

Calcium Chloride and the Buffalinos...myth or fact

Posted By: TheArm

Calcium Chloride and the Buffalinos...myth or fact - 01/03/14 06:04 PM

This is not a joke. I was told this a long time ago by the daughter of a Buffalino made guy who is now an attorney, as well as some others from Scanton?pittston, and I have never been able to either refute it or find it to be verifiably true. She and they claim the development of calcium chloride for commercial ice melting in the 1950s was funded by Buffalino family money and for a time they made a cut of the sale of millions of tons of it to counties in PA. Anyone else ever hear this and can anyone state if it is true or not?
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: Calcium Chloride and the Buffalinos...myth or fact - 01/04/14 04:00 PM

I have never heard that, but it's very interesting.
Posted By: strococs

Re: Calcium Chloride and the Buffalinos...myth or fact - 01/05/14 04:55 AM

Thats a interesting story. I do not think its true. I was in construction for a time. I Remember the shady contractors using A form of calcium chloride to speed up the setting process. It often doesn't last as long as it should when using that shit.

The road decier was invented in Chicago. MAybe they had the rights to it in PA?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Calcium Chloride and the Buffalinos...myth or fact - 01/05/14 09:58 AM

Is that the shit which makes your bones strong and is in every glass of milk?

A Buffalino in every slice of cheese.
Posted By: TheArm

Re: Calcium Chloride and the Buffalinos...myth or fact - 01/06/14 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
I have never heard that, but it's very interesting.

I actually contacted the individual who forst told me this and she directed me to company in Pittston PA called Malazzo Industries and it turns out they did indeed have a patent on a particular forulation of salt free ice melt. This combined with the fact thyat this person might well be in a position to know,I am leaning toward most likely true on this one
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET