Home

Lilo Broncato released from prison

Posted By: bigboy

Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/01/14 09:47 PM

I read that actor Lilo Broncato was released after serving 4 or 5 years for the murder of a NYC police officer. This doesn't seem to me to be much of a deterrent to crime. If shitheads see that there isn't very much of a punishment they might be more apt to pull that trigger
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/01/14 09:52 PM

He was actually found innocent of the murder of the police officer, what he was found guilty of was the robbery. His partner, the one who actually pulled the trigger, was found guilty of the murder of the off duty cop, and hes doing life in prison.

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/01/14 09:58 PM

And he actually served 8 years of his 10 year sentence. And getting parole after doing about 80% of your time is pretty much the norm. He is also going to be under pretty strict parole conditions, he has to be home before 10pm, cant drink or do drugs, among a number of other conditions. The police union(PBA) has also already promised that they will be keeping a close eye on Brancato to make sure he doesnt violate any conditions of his parole.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/02/14 02:29 AM

Parole is no piece of cake, especially if Lilo will be under a microscope with drug testing.

I read that he was a heroin addict. That's a tough habit to break...
Posted By: StLguy

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/02/14 04:08 AM

I heard this guy has some projects coming up. The first is a movie called 'A Bronx Fail.' The second is a show about a new jersey mob family where his character and one of his friends plan to kill a made guy. Instead they fuck up a burglary and kill a cop. Looks promising.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/02/14 06:21 AM

I believe he got a heroes welcome when he arrived home ?? What a joke , this guy is a punk
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/02/14 11:27 PM

Dellacroce- Thanks for the information. I am relieved to see that they wouldn't release a cop killer so soon. He was an ass hole as he could have had a great career with Robert DeNiro on his side and probably half the actors on Soppranos. Never heard about the drug addiction though.
Posted By: 22

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 09:13 AM

His partner was his girlfriends father who was a real loser,i think his name was Steven Armanto [something like that].Can you imagine hanging around with your girlfriends father and doing drugs and burglaries together.I think if I am not mistaken that he got busted for getting high in the joint.Not sure if we have heard the last of his troubles.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 09:42 AM

Lilo Brancato (not broncato) tried to suicide in prison with a lethal dose of heroin,but was saved by the prison doctors,the name of Brancato girlfriend father is Steven Armento.
Posted By: southend

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 03:58 PM

He's Colombian adopted and raised by an Italian family right? Either that or vice versa. Either way I completely forgot about this but remember reading about it when it happened. Steven Armento what a dad. Obviously knew Brancato had scumbag tendencies but probably just wanted his daughter to be with a famous actor for obvious reasons

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 04:06 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillo_Brancato,_Jr.

Brancato was born in Bogotá, Colombia. Adopted when he was four months old, he was raised by Italian-American parents.

Although he was born in Colombia, Brancato has said, "I consider myself Italian. I was raised to eat pasta".

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 04:26 PM

oh man, not this non sense again. If a black guy was adopted at an early age by italian parents and he liked to eat pizza, could he also be considered italian? rolleyes
Posted By: F_white

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 05:13 PM

F*cking nonsense from both of you.

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 05:16 PM

Great post F White rolleyes
Posted By: Leo

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
oh man, not this non sense again. If a black guy was adopted at an early age by italian parents and he liked to eat pizza, could he also be considered italian? rolleyes

The funny thing is your American and Europeans laugh at you Americans who think your an "italian" or "Irish" since your great grandparents got off a boat from there.

P.S More Italian than your ever be. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Balotelli
Posted By: carmela

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Leo

P.S More Italian than your ever be. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Balotelli

Super Mario!!! love him.

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

The funny thing is your American and Europeans laugh at you Americans who think your an "italian" or "Irish" since your great grandparents got off a boat from there.

you know whats even more funny then that? Americans dont care what Europeans think about anything grin. but seriously, yes im an American, thats my nationality and im proud of it! A persons ethnicity is something entirely different im 50% Irish and 50% Italian and I'm damn proud of that to!

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 06:27 PM

"I consider myself Italian. I was raised to eat pasta".
I posted it 'cause makes me laugh.

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 06:58 PM

haha ya furio that cracked me up to, and me being part italian and part irish i was raised to always drink a Guinness with my sunday gravy! grin
Posted By: andrewc

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/03/14 08:51 PM

Good luck to Lilo, get back on your feet. Second chances.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 03:23 AM

cops are gonna be up his ass like nobody's business, hope he stays out..
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 03:41 AM

He will never make it!
METRO
‘Sopranos’ actor Lillo Brancato to be freed
By Larry Celona and Bruce GoldingDecember 30, 2013 | 7:22pm
Modal Trigger

Lillo Brancato
Photo: Splash News
“Sopranos” actor Lillo Brancato will begin the new year a free man after spending eight years in the slammer for a botched Bronx break-in that ended with his pal killing an off-duty cop.
Brancato, 37, bragged about his release in a tweet that said Monday would be “my last full day in prison.”
“Thank you for your love and support. I love you all!” the star of 1993’s “A Bronx Tale” said in a tweet he dictated from behind bars.
He had been set for release in July after serving eight years of a 10-year sentence. But he is getting out early after agreeing to an unusual deal with the parole board in which he will serve five years’ parole with a 10 p.m. curfew. Had he waited until July, he would not have faced parole.
His release outraged the sister of Officer Daniel Enchautegui, who was fatally shot by the actor’s cohort in a burglary in 2005.
“I’m still upset that he was not convicted of the murder and that he did not serve enough time,” Yolanda Rosa said.
“I don’t know how I will feel tomorrow when he is free, walking on the streets, while my brother will not.”
Brancato was convicted of attempted burglary in 2008 but beat a murder rap that could have sent him away for life. He had been doing time at the upstate Hudson Correctional Facility.
He was trying to break in to a friend’s house in The Bronx to steal drugs on Dec. 10, 2005, when accomplice Steven Armento shot Enchautegui in the chest.
The cop, who lived nearby, was investigating after hearing Brancato kick out a window. He shot back and wounded both crooks.
Rosa said she was told Brancato had been a “model prisoner,” although he was sued last year by a jailmate who claimed the actor beat him up over a pay phone
“Well, he wasn’t a model citizen before. We’ll see if he’s a model citizen after he gets out,” Rosa said.
Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Pat Lynch vowed the “lowlife thug” would be made to abide by his parole conditions “to the last letter.”
“The minute he steps out of line, we’ll be sure that he is returned to prison to finish out the rest of his sentence,” Lynch said.
http://nypost.com/2013/12/30/sopranos-actor-lillo-brancato-to-be-freed/
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 04:24 AM

Lol @ anyone acting like they don't wanna be American. Lol good game

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 04:32 AM

Who's acting like they dont wanna be an american? read my post again, i said i was proud to be an american, just that your ethnicity is different, and im pretty sure this Leo fuck is some sorta european.
Posted By: Leo

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

I am from the UK, I would much rather be British than American for a number of reasons no offense.

I dunno why people are being so rude. I'm out of this thrwad.

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 05:19 AM

ohhhh your British, i thought you were Euorpean whistle

By the way, ive been to Britain once and for the country that supposedly spawned the english language no one over there knows how to fucking speak it! rolleyes
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 05:50 AM

I am from the UK, I would much rather be British than American for a number of reasons no offense.

Hey I love the English and they're humor but I sincerely hope you're not one of those upperclass snobs with a giant mustache that moves up and down every time you cough. Then we would have a problem lol
Posted By: NinoSconza

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 09:45 AM

No rude is being read there are from people from all over the world on this board. What the hell is thrward. Sounds like a far

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/04/14 11:50 AM

The the Brits say when there is fog on the Channel
"dense fog: the continent is isolated "
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/05/14 07:27 PM

this guy only got convicted of burglary, which isn't really the norm for even accomplices in cop killings, look at the officer figoski shooting even the 4 guys that didn't even pull the trigger have been convicted of murder.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Lilo Broncato released from prison - 01/05/14 07:31 PM

Crime
EXCLUSIVE: Chazz Palminteri blasts fellow actor Lillo Brancato, involved in burglary that left cop dead
Bronx-born Oscar nominee Palminteri told the Daily News that he 'has nothing to say' to Brancato, who was recently released from prison after serving eight years for the burglary that led to the death of NYPD Officer Daniel Enchautegui.

Comments (65)
BY BRIAN NIEMIETZ AND LARRY MCSHANE / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 5, 2014, 2:30 AM

Print
SHARE THIS URL:

JOHN CARUCCI/AP

Actor Chazz Palminteri (pictured) says former protege Lillo Brancato — who was involved in a burglary that led to a cop's death — has 'made monumentally bad choices.'
Actor Chazz Palminteri offered a harsh rebuke to former protege Lillo Brancato: Don’t call me — and I won’t ever call you.

The Bronx-born Oscar nominee told the Daily News that he has zero interest in speaking with the newly paroled Brancato, who starred opposite Palminteri in the 1993 classic “A Bronx Tale.”

“As far as I’m concerned, he’s made monumentally bad choices and has to live with the consequences,” Palminteri said Saturday. “I don’t want it in any way understood that I’m working with him or in contact with him. ... I really have nothing to say (to him).”

RELATED: LILLO BRANCATO MOURNS MURDER OF NYPD COP SHOT DURING ROBBERY THAT SENT HIM TO PRISON

RICHARD HARBUS FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Brancato (pictured) was recently released from prison after serving eight years for a burglary that led to the death of Officer Daniel Enchautegui, who was killed by one of Brancato's pals.

Tough-guy Palminteri, an active advocate for the NYPD, said his time and respect are reserved for the city’s Finest — like Officer Daniel Enchautegui, killed by a Brancato pal in December 2005.

The officer is the forgotten hero of this Bronx tale as one-time Hollywood hot shot Brancato angles to get his career back on track, according to Palminteri.

Brancato, in his first post-prison interview, told The News that he hoped to contact Palminteri and his other “Bronx Tale” co-star, Robert De Niro.

RELATED: 'SOPRANOS' ACTOR LILLO BRANCATO RELEASED FROM JAIL

HO/AP

While Brancato tries to relaunch his career, Palminteri says that slain Officer Daniel Enchautegui (pictured) is the real hero of this story.

A spokesman for De Niro said the two-time Oscar winner was out of the country and unreachable.

Palminteri recalled Brancato turning a deaf ear to his advice when the two were on speaking terms.

“I would say, ‘I warned you about drugs years ago’ — and told him something would happen and something did happen,” Palminteri recalled. “I would see him and say, ‘I hear you’re doing drugs and you should stay away from that stuff.’ And he’d say, ‘Oh, sure, right.’”

RELATED: 'SOPRANOS' ACTOR LINKED TO COP'S DEATH TO BE RELEASED FROM PRISON

ANTHONY DELMUNDO

Enchautegui (pictured) was killed by a Brancato pal in December 2005 after a botched burglary.

Palminteri rejected Brancato’s version of Enchautegui’s murder after a botched burglary. Brancato, 37, blames his heroin addiction for his criminal behavior, and crime partner Steven Armento for the murder.

“You were there,” Palminteri said bluntly. “You caused it.”

Brancato, acquitted of felony murder, served eight years for burglary before his New Year’s Eve parole.

RELATED: ACTOR CHAZZ PALMINTERI COMES HOME TO THE BRONX

Palminteri, who visited with the Enchautegui family, is a co-founder of the Childreach Foundation. The group helps special-needs kids with parents in law enforcement.

Palminteri said Brancato missed the main message in “A Bronx Tale,” delivered by De Niro’s character: “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices you make will shape your life forever.”

Brancato is a living illustration. “Here’s a guy who was in the quintessential movie about not wasting your life and that’s exactly what he did,” said an exasperated Palminteri.

bniemietz@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ch...5#ixzz2pYPnqejD
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET