Home

Roy Demeo was a coward

Posted By: johncarneglia

Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 07:18 PM

When the 'Cuban Crisis' occurred due to Chris Rosenberg calling himself Chris DeMeo, Roy was shitting his pants according to "Murder Machine" and the words of Anthony Senter. With the Gemini Lounge killings he had surprise and multiple gunmen in his favor so anyone who entered the back apartment wound up hanging upside down over the bathtub.

When El Negro sent some Cubans up from Miami to get revenge he would have been facing some equally tough guys that he wasn't going to surprise. It would have been a fair fight. And because of that Mr. Tough Guy wasn't so brave.

Anyone else think that DeMeo was a coward ???
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 07:24 PM

I think at the time demeo was that strung out on the drugs and drink he was more paranoid than usual , hence why the 17 year old Hoover salesman was murdered , u must be pretty fucked up to try and shoot a young kid driving through the streets for all to c , I don't think he was a coward but he defo was a liability
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 07:47 PM

I thought the orders came down from the top to clip Chris to avoid a war?

If that is correct then it's more about following the chain of command and not being a coward.
Posted By: xs0u1x

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I thought the orders came down from the top to clip Chris to avoid a war?

If that is correct then it's more about following the chain of command and not being a coward.

agreed.

was roy made by the time this happened?

nobody wanted a war. the order came from the top to kill chris. that's really it, roy had no backing from anybody to go to war. so he did what he had to do.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 07:59 PM

When the cuban problem occured,Roy was panicking alright,but during the panic attacks he killed an innocent person by mistake.I think that if,for example,the cubans came down to NY and Roy knew the identities of the assasins,they would've kissed their own butts.The problem was that the killers were unkown.So thats why Roy got the idea to shoot every cuban that got near him.Also Roy was panicking because his own crime family was goin down on him for the stupid bitch move made by Chris.Now,that dude was a coward alright.He killed people during a deal.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I think at the time demeo was that strung out on the drugs and drink he was more paranoid than usual

Roy was a user? Coke, pills???
Posted By: andrewc

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 09:35 PM

Roy was a big drinker according to Murder Machine, when they did the autopsy on him he had the liver of a person much older (so the book quotes). Don't remember reading of him being into drugs.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/30/13 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: andrewc
Roy was a big drinker according to Murder Machine, when they did the autopsy on him he had the liver of a person much older (so the book quotes). Don't remember reading of him being into drugs.
I too do not recall ever hearing that De Meo used drugs, in fact I think he saw drugs as a weakness, although he had no objection for selling them. I don't think Murder Machine went into too much detail about drug use in the crew. We know that the twins and Henry B. did use but not as much as Dominic Montiglio. Roy was pretty upset about killing Chris, but he "Had his orders".
Posted By: Scarface1981

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/31/13 11:44 AM

If i remember correctly in Albert's book 'For The Sin's Of My Father' it says Roy did not like or drink alcohol, or anything that made you lose your sense's/control. He was definitely troubled towards the end, and had alot on his mind and was hiding in his office.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/31/13 06:37 PM

Roy was a coward but for different reasons. he was a coward because instead fo trying to raise a family the right way he became a brutal criminal and serial killer. Chris Rosenberg was a psychopath so im happy he was killed too
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/31/13 11:09 PM

Demeo was not a coward.
He was a stone cold killer but he was not allowed to engage in a war with Cuban drug dealers.
If Rosenberg hadn't been such a cowboy then Roy would never have been in that predicament.
I bet the twins were worried men as they had accompanied Chris on his wayward quest.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 12/31/13 11:56 PM

Does it say who El Negro was? There was one that ran around under Griselda Blanco but I don't know if he dealt or was just muscle. I know there was a few El Negro's running around back then as well though.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/01/14 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: andrewc

I know the feeling
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/01/14 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: GaryH
Demeo was not a coward.
He was a stone cold killer but he was not allowed to engage in a war with Cuban drug dealers.
If Rosenberg hadn't been such a cowboy then Roy would never have been in that predicament.
I bet the twins were worried men as they had accompanied Chris on his wayward quest.

Agreed. He may have monumentally fucked-up and was stone-cold but going after a car loaded with what you perceive as a hit squad of professional killers with your guns a-blazing is not the act of a coward.
Posted By: VitoAndolini

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/02/14 09:45 AM

I believe that DeMeo used either Valium or Xanax (some form of anti-anxiety medication), as per either Murder Machine, or For the Sins of My Father. That, along with alcohol abuse, would destroy a liver/increase instability.
Posted By: PaulieSenter

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/23/14 01:26 AM

Listen all on this page Roy was no coward yes he fucked up in the end but was no coward if you only knew some real people instead of reading books about OC its what they do to sell the books you need to know someone close as a family member not books but Roy trust me was no coward
Posted By: Per5ico

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/23/14 02:11 AM

Agreed
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/23/14 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: PaulieSenter
Listen all on this page Roy was no coward yes he fucked up in the end but was no coward if you only knew some real people instead of reading books about OC its what they do to sell the books you need to know someone close as a family member not books but Roy trust me was no coward

Let me guess.
You knew Roy?!?!? OMG?!?! You lived down the street? You were part of his crew? Kinda. Almost?!?!?
NiƱo Gaggi that you?!?!?

Please.
Posted By: southend

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/23/14 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
Originally Posted By: GaryH
Demeo was not a coward.

Agreed. He may have monumentally fucked-up and was stone-cold but going after a car loaded with what you perceive as a hit squad of professional killers with your guns a-blazing is not the act of a coward.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ There are pieces of scum who'll never receive a word of sympathy from me who without bias of opinion are not by definition cowards
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 01/23/14 02:18 PM

Ofcourse you'd be paranoid if Cubans are after you, they had a history of wiping out whole families.
Posted By: Bigshot

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 04/13/14 07:39 PM

I sure don't think Roy was a coward he was the most feared man in Cosa Nostra where there were plenty of top-notch prized killers throughout the families. He was stressed-out from situation that Chris brought on from his deal bringing Roy's whole immediate family at risk.
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 04/13/14 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigshot
I sure don't think Roy was a coward he was the most feared man in Cosa Nostra where there were plenty of top-notch prized killers throughout the families. He was stressed-out from situation that Chris brought on from his deal bringing Roy's whole immediate family at risk.

Yeah, using the name 'Chris Demeo' was no smart move!

Demeo and Tony Mirra were the all-star stone-cold maniacs of that era for me. Could've been others at the time, but those two stand out in notoriety for me.
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: Roy Demeo was a coward - 04/14/14 12:13 AM

Most people in any type of criminal gang tend to be cowards.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET