Home

Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini

Posted By: Timbowman

Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/29/13 10:41 PM

Anyone know anything about these guys? Guglielmini was Castellanas father in law. Both Gambino members from the 60's. Castellana still seems to be alive.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/30/13 04:14 PM

In 1986, Frank Perdue the chicken man, testified in front of the President´s Commission on organized crime and said that Pete Castellana Sr had been seeking to buy chicken from Perdue for a number of years and that Castellana had a "reputation" and "is about as bad as there is". However, Perdue acknowledged that he began doing business voluntarily with Castellana eventually. "He had a reputation in the industry not to be as honest as, shall we say, Paul Castellano Sr. He had a reputation of going bankrupt two or three times. And the only way we would sell him, we had to have the money up front" Pedue said.

Castellana had a history of cheating hundreds of creditors. In the mid 1960s, he was indicted and sentenced to five years in prison and fined $45,000 for fraud scams related to his meat and poultry wholesale business. Joseph Pagano (member of the Genovese Family) and Castellana´s nephew Gandolfo Sciandra were also indicted and sentenced in this case. Although never indicted for it, Castellana also had a reputation of being a loan shark partner of Carmine Lombardozzi.

Pete Castellana is a cousin of the late Paul Castellano but I don´t know the reason for his last name being spelled differently. I think he´s still alive, he should be around 86 today.

Joseph Guglielmini was the son of Salvatore who had emigrated from Cefalu, Sicily in the early 1900s. The Guglielminis were related to both the Castellano and Gambino families. Salvatore was also related to Luigi Morici, the Baltimore crew leader by marriage. I think one of Salvatore´s daughters was married to Morici´s son Serafino.

In 1946, Salvatore, and two of his sons (Frank and John) and two of his daughters were indicted of possession of a large amount of counterfeit gasoline, sugar, tire and red ration stamps. Salvatore´s daughter Nancy said that she was a part owner of two butcher shops and had collected the red points from customers. I don´t know the outcome of the trial.

In the 1960s, Salvatore and Frank, nicknamed "Butch" were listed as made Gambino members, while John and Joseph were listed as suspected members. Frank was later a member of Nino Gaggi´s crew.

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/30/13 05:17 PM

Good info, thanks

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/30/13 06:13 PM

You´re welcome.

And here´s some more stuff on Castellana and his businesses.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/western-beef-inc-history/

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/30/13 08:00 PM

Thanks again. I wonder if there is any info on his violent crimes in the 60 and 70s ?

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/30/13 08:03 PM

I wonder if his wife is still alive? He came out of prison in 69?

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/31/13 09:51 PM

Im pretty sure Joe Guglielmini's daughter Marion, married Peter Castellana Sr.

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 12/31/13 10:20 PM

Trying to find out if any violent crimes were committed by Castellana when he first got out of prison in 1969.(he may have not been convicted, by definitley suspected and interviewed

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 02/21/14 01:07 AM

How can someone find out if peter castellana is still alive?

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/03/15 05:22 PM

Any information linking Peter or Guglielmini to the murder of Frank Sagumeri in Canarsie in 1969?

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/03/15 05:23 PM

Anyone have information on who killed Frank Sagumeri in Canarsie in 1969?

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/03/15 05:24 PM

He was a civilian who may have got mixed up.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/03/15 09:03 PM

correct

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/03/15 10:13 PM

Can you shed any more light?
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/06/15 06:28 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
In 1986, Frank Perdue the chicken man, testified in front of the President´s Commission on organized crime and said that Pete Castellana Sr had been seeking to buy chicken from Perdue for a number of years and that Castellana had a "reputation" and "is about as bad as there is". However, Perdue acknowledged that he began doing business voluntarily with Castellana eventually. "He had a reputation in the industry not to be as honest as, shall we say, Paul Castellano Sr. He had a reputation of going bankrupt two or three times. And the only way we would sell him, we had to have the money up front" Pedue said.

Castellana had a history of cheating hundreds of creditors. In the mid 1960s, he was indicted and sentenced to five years in prison and fined $45,000 for fraud scams related to his meat and poultry wholesale business. Joseph Pagano (member of the Genovese Family) and Castellana´s nephew Gandolfo Sciandra were also indicted and sentenced in this case. Although never indicted for it, Castellana also had a reputation of being a loan shark partner of Carmine Lombardozzi.

Pete Castellana is a cousin of the late Paul Castellano but I don´t know the reason for his last name being spelled differently. I think he´s still alive, he should be around 86 today.

Joseph Guglielmini was the son of Salvatore who had emigrated from Cefalu, Sicily in the early 1900s. The Guglielminis were related to both the Castellano and Gambino families. Salvatore was also related to Luigi Morici, the Baltimore crew leader by marriage. I think one of Salvatore´s daughters was married to Morici´s son Serafino.

In 1946, Salvatore, and two of his sons (Frank and John) and two of his daughters were indicted of possession of a large amount of counterfeit gasoline, sugar, tire and red ration stamps. Salvatore´s daughter Nancy said that she was a part owner of two butcher shops and had collected the red points from customers. I don´t know the outcome of the trial.

In the 1960s, Salvatore and Frank, nicknamed "Butch" were listed as made Gambino members, while John and Joseph were listed as suspected members. Frank was later a member of Nino Gaggi´s crew.

Great info HK,as always..I remmember reading that the patron of that whole clan was Salvatore Masotto,he was the first capo of that crew,Gaggis crew..is that true?There were a few Masottos in the cre even in the early 80s,Thomas and the other one..Of course i remmeber that from your list of soldiers that you put up here...

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/06/15 09:19 PM

paul massotto was murdered ..tom m. was not the same after that ..went into a funk .got dementia..

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/06/15 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
paul massotto was murdered ..tom m. was not the same after that ..went into a funk .got dementia..

there was Victor Masotto,oldtimer..dont know how Paul Masotto was related to them.Thomas seems to be the son of Salvatore

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/06/15 09:52 PM

do not know victor

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/07/15 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns

Great info HK,as always..I remmember reading that the patron of that whole clan was Salvatore Masotto,he was the first capo of that crew,Gaggis crew..is that true?

Hard to say. We don´t know how far back the Castellano/Gaggi crew goes. Paul Castellano (Gaggi´s predecessor) may have been given a crew, with Gaggi included, when Gambino was made boss.

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/09/15 09:50 AM

Good stuff

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/12/15 09:02 PM

Peter Castellana was Paul's Castellanos cousin. Guglielmini was Peter Castellanas father in law.

Peter married his daughter Marion.

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/12/15 10:59 PM

marion got caught screwing someone and the guy gut killed. not sure of when it was

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/13/15 01:05 PM

I heard Peter Castellana was in jail at the time....

So I guess he had someonelse do the dirty work?

Ironic the guy who has affair with Marion gets killed, but nothing happend to her??

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/13/15 02:23 PM

yes that is petes black eye ,he stayed with her.. she got punished with a rolls royce and a mansion in long island

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/13/15 05:21 PM

Who ran Canarsie during that time?

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/13/15 05:25 PM

Is Pete and his wife still alive? I think the son runs the beef company

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/13/15 09:03 PM

both alive i believe..all his sons run the biz
Posted By: JoeP

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/14/15 10:39 AM

One of the sons is married to the sister of Fran Fraschilla the college basketball coach(St. Johns).

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/14/15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Timbowman
Who ran Canarsie during that time?

what do you mean who ran Canarsie?Dont get what you mean

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/14/15 07:59 PM

Colombo , luchese, gambino? Which family controlled Canarsie? That's what I meant.

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/14/15 08:23 PM

nobody runs an "area", benson hurst , harlem, ozone park..howard beach, with 5 families guys are all over. you can not tell another family canarsie is ours nobody allowed. maybe more guys or clubs ,
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/14/15 08:34 PM

I know all 5 families were present, but I would have to say the Lucchese's and Gambino's had the majority of that area on lock.

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 04/14/15 10:27 PM

corozzos, danny c,.yes NJ they were dominant

Re: Peter Castellana and Joseph Guglielmini - 09/24/15 10:26 PM

Any suggestions on how I can find out more info?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET