Home

Barney admitting.....

Posted By: pacosmart22

Barney admitting..... - 12/29/13 07:51 PM

Does anyone know anything about barney bellomo admitting he was acting boss of the genovese family? Was it Okd by higher family ups also he said he dropped out of the mob and became a die hard catholic? Did he catch any problems for admitting he was a boss and that he retired from the mob ? ( we all no he didn't retire)
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/29/13 09:06 PM

It was part of his plea deal, and ofcourse hes gonna say that hes done with the life to get leniency from the judge. The geneveses was really the first family to really take advantage of the plea deal, the bottom line, if he didnt plead out and admit to certain things he would probably be doing life right along side jimmy ida.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/29/13 09:08 PM

I read that jimmy Ida was really pist at bellomo for taking the plea
Posted By: pacosmart22

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/29/13 09:16 PM

Yea of course he is gonna say he retired I was just wondering what the outcome was of him admitting he was a made guy and acting boss
I'm sure many weren't happy with him but he is a powerhouse.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/29/13 09:27 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere bellomo was placed in protective custody while incarcerated for a short time due to his plea deal , the Feds got info jimmy Ida wasn't happy , apparently Barney was scared stiff of Ida
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/29/13 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I'm sure I read somewhere bellomo was placed in protective custody while incarcerated for a short time due to his plea deal , the Feds got info jimmy Ida wasn't happy , apparently Barney was scared stiff of Ida

While it's been said Ida wasn't happy about Bellomo taken the plea deal, it's the first time I've read the rest of what you said above.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

While it's been said Ida wasn't happy about Bellomo taken the plea deal, it's the first time I've read the rest of what you said above.

Bc it's not true. Sorry but Barney has more hits under his belt than jimmy Ida ever ok'd. Ida was a pawn for Ianniello anyways. Don't forget nearly all of these front bosses came from Barney's crew when u guys start to talk about who runs that family
Posted By: Marcello99

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Bc it's not true. Sorry but Barney has more hits under his belt than jimmy Ida ever ok'd. Ida was a pawn for Ianniello anyways. Don't forget nearly all of these front bosses came from Barney's crew when u guys start to talk about who runs that family

Skinny your the truth. A man's man. A real stand up guy. They don't make guys like skinny anymore.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 01:22 AM

DN shut the fuck up lol
Posted By: Marcello99

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
DN shut the fuck up lol

This loser was banned for constant flaming. Here two days, it was obvious he just wanted to create attention to himself.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 01:35 AM

Hes probably the real boss
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 03:24 AM

domwoods74, I never heard that Bellomo was scared of Ida, I heard it was the other way around, and Ida was mad about the plea but there really was nothing Ida could do about it. Bellomo was from the old Ferro crew in the Genovese crime family, a crew you did not fuck with period.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 04:53 AM

Sorry I got my wires crossed , Ida was angry at bellomo and generoso for takin the plea and wanted to kill them but it was ida that was placed in protective custody , I agree Barney bellomo is the undisputed king of the volcano

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 06:37 AM

Sorry I got my wires crossed , Ida was angry at bellomo and generoso for takin the plea and wanted to kill them but it was ida that was placed in protective custody , I agree Barney bellomo is the undisputed king of the volcano

No big deal. Ya I agree with pretty much everything u said too.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 02:27 PM

The Chin saw him as the future,so he must have giving the ok on the plea
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 04:31 PM

That entire episode between Barney and Little Jimmy was blown waaaaaaay out of propoportion by the Feds to try to create dissension between the two of them. They wouldn't even allow the two of them in the same conference room for motions. It was a futile tactic that Jimmy, Barney and the lawyers saw right through, and it didn't work. All it did was make for melodramatic Capeci articles. What you also fail to mention (or realize) is that the two of them always got along fine prior to that. As a matter of fact, it was Barney and Sammy Black (who was like a father to Barney), who pushed for Jimmy to run the downtown crew when Matty went away back in the '80s.

Was Jimmy happy about Mickey and Barney taking pleas? No, he wasn't. But he quickly got over it. And for the record, Barney didn't need to fear anyone at that point. The idea that he was "scared stiff" of anyone, let alone a friend and ally like Jimmy, is ridiculous. Because by 1996---when Barney made the plea---he pretty much had final say on such matters. Vince loved him, and that's how Vince wanted it wink.
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:10 PM

Never understood the rational behind not taking pleas, I guess it's ego.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:14 PM

I think it is an ego thing and a weakness thing , john gotti wouldn't let anyone take a plea . I remember joe piney wanted to take a plea so he could go home for one last Christmas with his wife before he went to prison , gotti refused and off to jail armone went , a little harsh I think , armone was an old guy and died behind bars

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:23 PM

I think it is an ego thing and a weakness thing , john gotti wouldn't let anyone take a plea . I remember joe piney wanted to take a plea so he could go home for one last Christmas with his wife before he went to prison , gotti refused and off to jail armone went , a little harsh I think , armone was an old guy and died behind bars

It wasn't even a plea that Gotti denied him. It was at his sentencing. The trial was already over at that point. All they wanted Piney to do was to admit that he was a member, and he could spend one last Christmas at home. Gotti said no.

A little harsh, like you say. But look how things worked out for Gotti. The Gambinos were the last family to realize the benefits of the plea bargain, and it set them back a long time. Today the plea is the norm.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:28 PM

Yeah your right , everyone accepts a plea now , very few guys go to trial if they don't have to

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

It wasn't even a plea that Gotti denied him. It was at his sentencing. The trial was already over at that point. All they wanted Piney to do was to admit that he was a member, and he could spend one last Christmas at home. Gotti said no.

A little harsh, like you say. But look how things worked out for Gotti. The Gambinos were the last family to realize the benefits of the plea bargain, and it set them back a long time. Today the plea is the norm.

Somebody shouldve told that to bobby glasses, how do you turn down a deal for 12 years on a double murder rap?, He must've thought he had a really big chance of beating the case. Now given it wasnt exactly an iron clad case, but there were still multiple eye witnesses, that plea deal basically had a fucking bow on it.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:38 PM

Ha ha yeah Vernace was mad not taking that deal , I would like to know why he took his chances at trial

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Somebody shouldve told that to bobby glasses, how do you turn down a deal for 12 years on a double murder rap?, He must've thought he had a really big chance of beating the case. Now given it wasnt exactly an iron clad case, but there were still multiple eye witnesses, that plea deal basically had a fucking bow on it.

He was blinded by Junior's mistrials. Which, if Curtis Sliwa wasn't so God-awful unlikeable, wouldn't have happened (not the first mistrial, anyway. That one was 11-1 to convict, and the one holdout admitted to hating Sliwa).

Plus, Junior was a little more sympathetic and likeable as a defendant. Vernace just came across as a career goon.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:46 PM

It's funny that the Genovese are considered the most "progressive" of the Five Families, especially when you take into account most of them are in their seventies and eighties.

They were the first to really take advantage of the plea deal and have been able to keep a revolving door of quality guys on the street as a result.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 05:53 PM

Yeah I agree , mangano , antico , cirillo , barbeto , dentico to name a few . All have been administration members over the years
Posted By: azguy

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/30/13 11:34 PM

I bet Lawrence Ricci wished he had taken a plea...poor sap, found not guilty while decomposing in the truck of his car
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/31/13 02:20 AM

I've listened and seen sliwa in a couple interviews, guy really comes off as a jerkoff.
Posted By: Leo

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/31/13 07:36 AM

As we are on the topic of pleas. As it was stated at the start of the thread "he said he dropped out of the mob and became a die hard catholic" as we all know that hasn't happened, if he is caught up in another indictment would that be detrimental to Bellomo(or any other mobster in a similar position).
Posted By: southend

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/31/13 01:25 PM

was there a murder involved in Jimmy Ida's case

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/31/13 01:50 PM

Yeah he was charged with the hicky dilorenzo murder and the attempted murders if Dominic tucci and Ralph desimone

Re: Barney admitting..... - 12/31/13 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
I bet Lawrence Ricci wished he had taken a plea...poor sap, found not guilty while decomposing in the truck of his car

for what its worth, I've seen a quote from a detective on the organized crime task force state that he didnt think riccis murder had anything to do with him not taking a plea, and that his murder had to do with a power shift in one of the Geneveses jersey crews. but probably it was a combination of things, maybe him refusing to take the plea was just the last straw, who knows.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 01/01/14 03:13 AM

IMO it's a combination but other reasons I've heard was he was snuggling up to joe gatto and bx guys like Nigro theoretically so he could be official captain over tinos crew. I believe that's true but I think the trial was more influential in the desicion to kill him.

Re: Barney admitting..... - 01/01/14 03:38 PM

Very cool info Skinny, never heard that. Did the Gatto crew get split up between the other Jersey crews?

Re: Barney admitting..... - 01/01/14 08:03 PM

Ironically instead of a new captain the remains of that crew assimilated with tinos crew. So as of now it Michael Borelli. The two crews had close ties due to gatto sr and Tino both split the old Peter laplaca crew. Ivy shared with me that he had contact with someone who knew the recent garbage case very well, and said that LeConte seemed to be in line to take over that crew. But also note that the sting was based originally to get Tino and Franco. I don't know who alls made or not but they got some good capable guys. Tony Rizzo, JR Zaccaro, Joseph abate, mike Gerald, the greccos,Carmen cicalese, Elvis, Ed Aulisi, Joe Q..... Plus guys like Stephen DePiro and Louis Rizzo and Franco who help (or helped) run that crew.

Actually I think abate is an old name he may be dead now

Re: Barney admitting..... - 01/02/14 05:19 PM

Gotcha, any info on Depiro case? I think its been around 2-3 years since the arrests. That Tino crew must be huge and making $$$.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET