Home

most secretive bosses

Posted By: mulberry

most secretive bosses - 12/07/13 04:22 AM

Which big bosses do we know the least about?

Phil Lombardo
Tommy Dibella
Posted By: Extortion

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/07/13 04:25 AM

Vincent Mangano.
Posted By: TheMechanic

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/07/13 05:05 AM

Gagliano, not much information on the guy out there.
Posted By: MobMan

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/07/13 06:45 AM

I think Tom Dibella "made" Michael Franzese.
Posted By: F_white

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/07/13 03:10 PM

It a toss up between John "No Nose" DiFronzo and Jack Tocco.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/07/13 06:47 PM

Michael Genovese of Pittsburgh was never indicted/convicted and was known nationally as a "reclusive" boss. Same with John Scalish in Cleveland. Very debatable topic. Tony Accardo has to be mentioned as well.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/07/13 07:35 PM

Phillip Lombardo defo for me , possibly one of the most savvy bosses of them all , the chin copied his blueprint for running a family with street and front bosses
Posted By: mulberry

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/08/13 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
Michael Genovese of Pittsburgh was never indicted/convicted and was known nationally as a "reclusive" boss. Same with John Scalish in Cleveland. Very debatable topic. Tony Accardo has to be mentioned as well.

Accardo was high profile and well known. The feds tried to get him but couldnt. We all know about his career. Do a google search on him and you will get a million hits.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/09/13 01:05 AM

Tommaso Gagliano, I find to be the most secretive boss from after the Castellammarese War till his death. He was part of the Morello crime family till Gaetano Reina split from that family to form his own family in the Bronx. We know that his cousin Salvatore Gagliano became an informant around 1914/15 against members of the Morello family, amongst them were Ignazio Dragna (Jack Dragna) and his brother Gaetano Dragna. Both of which fled to California soon after. Despite this Dragna and Gagliano had a friendly relationship for the remainder of their years.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/09/13 01:08 AM

John Gotti and Joe Colombo lol
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/10/13 07:07 PM

Not that he's a boss, but I'd be interested to know a lot more on Gambino Captain Jackie "Jackie Nose" Damico... what he's seen and perhaps been involved with would be amazing to know...
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/10/13 07:22 PM

I think even though they got him eventually, Chin was a pretty secretive boss. In an ostentatious kind of way. Not even letting people call you by name and dressing like shit? That's anti-boss behavior. Yet he ran the strongest OC group for a good long time.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/10/13 07:28 PM

Gagliano...the guy was a shadow.He almost never attended a meeting.He skipped all of the big meetings in his time.
Posted By: pmac

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/10/13 07:32 PM

profaci had owned 2 real big nice brownstones in Brooklyn were you go in one house the other bosses would go threw the other houses back door and inbetween the cellars met threw hidden walls with a room and a huge oak table were they have commiss meetings, forgot were I read that but he was a ruthless boss. luchese super secret boss, after he died the family was pissed he gave tommy Gambino the garmet district what a gift. luchese daughter married carlo Gambino son tommy. so im guessing luchese was the overall boss of the garmet district. before luchese gave it to his son inlaw did any other familys have sway in there or were they all there, but it was luchese spot. like Genovese and his nj port or Gambino and the bk port. bonanno had cheese and herion and a small family in montrea and cali. jurnior gotti got 360k for his wedding tommy Gambino like a billion today.

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/11/13 12:38 PM

Not much is known about Kansa City mob boss john sciortino

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/11/13 06:06 PM

Pittsburgh's John Sebastian LaRocca should be mentioned in this topic, as the IRS and FBI were hot on his trail for decades and couldn't convict him because they could never get him on tape...very reclusive boss.
Posted By: ovation32

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/11/13 06:38 PM

I would have to say that the two bosses I find most secretive - and would love to know more about - are (1) Gagliano and (2) Lombardo.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/11/13 08:49 PM

Good luck on Tommy Gagliano. You might be able to find some FBI stuff on Lombardo
Posted By: bigboy

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/12/13 12:18 AM

A secretive boss- or any other mobster for that matter ought to just do the opposite of Gotti. Ditch the $2000 suits and flash jewelry and drive a Smart car, keep off the phone. His big mouth cost him his freedom
Posted By: Extortion

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/12/13 02:58 AM

Lombardo from boston who owned the racetrack, you mean?
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/13/13 08:56 AM

Basciano.

Accardo? His life, what type of person he was, everything about him has been pretty well documented over the years. He's one of the more notable names in American organized crime history lol. The extent of his political/governmental connections, or whether or not he was a secret informant, are the two primary things shrouded with mystery when it comes to Accardo, but the same could be said for any Chicago boss throughout history.

Regarding Chicago, Paul Ricca, of course. You definitely have to put Lefty Campagna & the extent of his leadership within the organization during the 40s & early 50s. Things got very cloudy for the feds during that period. He doesn't get mentioned very often. Died young.

Then you have guys like Vince Solano, Skids Caruso, Turk Torello, Frank LaPorte, Sam Carlisi, Al Tornabene, of course the present day Johnny 'Bananas' DiFronzo, Jimmy Marcello, and the rarely mentioned Jimmy Inendino, who managed/have managed to fly under the radar, but were/are extremely powerful, ruthless, painstakingly quiet bosses.
Posted By: TheArm

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/14/13 01:51 PM

Frank Giardano...and yes he is a boss and yes there is now and has always been a Rockford Family...it's not just a Chicago Crew
Posted By: Salvatore_Inzerillo

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/26/13 11:11 AM

Bernardo Provenzano

He was on the run for an unparalleled 43 years. Until his arrest, the only known photographs of him were taken during the 1950s; the last-known photo was taken in 1959:
he is suspected of having been the head of the Corleonesi, a Mafia faction that originated in the town of Corleone, and de facto capo di tutti capi (boss of bosses) of the entire Sicilian Mafia until his arrest in 2006.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/26/13 11:43 AM

Great call on Provenzano.

Regards least know/successful/secretive you should add Trafficante to the list.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/26/13 10:56 PM

Someone mentioned Jacky the "Nose". Seems like all he ever did was have his nose up Gotti's ass. How about Leonard Falzone of Buffalo.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/26/13 11:14 PM

@jcb1997
Despite his popularity tony accardo was never a boss with final say, at best he gave his opinions

@huronsocialathletic
the outfit in the forties is very confusing, I'm in the middle of a deep research of that period, ricca did'nt take over until nitti died (ricca never had final say over nitti) and at that point gusik, ralph capone and a host of others was very powerful

Carlos gambling was the most secretive, the man never opened his mouth at a meeting, someone spoke for him, his voice is' not on tape anywhere

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/26/13 11:16 PM

@jcb1997
Despite his popularity tony accardo was never a boss with final say, at best he gave his opinions

@huronsocialathletic
the outfit in the forties is very confusing, I'm in the middle of a deep research of that period, ricca did'nt take over until nitti died (ricca never had final say over nitti) and at that point gusik, ralph capone and a host of others was very powerful

Carlos gambling was the most secretive, the man never opened his mouth at a meeting, someone spoke for him, his voice is' not on tape anywhere

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/26/13 11:17 PM

@jcb1997

@huronsocialathletic

Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/26/13 11:58 PM

Great Call Salvatore_Inzerillo. Provenzano has to be the most secretive boss for being on the run for nearly half a century and was still able to give orders to his clan. Essere accolto e riscaldato amico.

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
@jcb1997

@huronsocialathletic

Gambino was definitely recorded, he just never said anything incriminating.

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 03:18 AM

There are a lot of schools of thought on Accardo, but from everything I've read, I truly believe he called the shots at the end of the day.
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 04:29 AM

If you would like to know more about Accardo and Giancana, read some of StonePark's posts, especially 741951. I believe the entry is dated 9-27-2013. Very consistent with Outfit historians.
Posted By: Salvatore_Inzerillo

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 06:52 AM

its a good one

Francesco Paolo Augusto Calì

"Franky Boy", is the current underboss of the Gambino crime family under current boss Domenico Cefalu. Law enforcement considers Cali to be the Gambino "ambassador to Sicilian mobsters" and have linked him to the Inzerillo Mafia family from Palermo. "Cali is seen as a man of influence and power by organized crime members in Italy", according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Lipton.

Cali also maintained ties with the Sicilian Mafia. He married Rosaria Inzerrilo, a sister of Pietro Inzerillo and a relative of Gambino associate Frank Inzerillo, a member of the Palermitan Inzerillo family. In the early 1980s, after losing the Second Mafia War against the Corleonesi of Totò Riina, the Inzerillo family was forced to flee Sicily. Cali and old Palermo boss Filippo Casamento supported the return of the Inzerillos to Palermo, according to Italian authorities.

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 03:33 PM

Cali is really not all that secretive.

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 09:10 PM

How does your statement make him the "most secretive" boss?

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 09:11 PM

Could you pm me the link?
Posted By: Feech_La_Manna85

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 10:11 PM

I know he wasnt an official boss but how about Jimmy Brown Fialla? Only a couple pics of him online and he spent hundreds of hours at Castellanos house and was only picked up on wire saying like 8 or so words.
Posted By: carmela

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
How does your statement make him the "most secretive" boss?

It doesn't. Because he's not. A quote from wiki doesn't make it so, either.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/27/13 11:00 PM

The guy who's been running the Genovese family since chin died(I beleive this to be quiet Dom)

Re: most secretive bosses - 12/29/13 12:18 PM

Very little is known about former bonnano consigliere Stevie beef cannone
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET