Home

Peter Limone

Posted By: British

Peter Limone - 12/04/13 08:35 PM

After serving all that time, he must be mad to want to get back involved

Seen him called the boss and acting boss, what's the real story with him?
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Peter Limone - 12/05/13 12:24 AM

A million other thread discussions
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Peter Limone - 12/05/13 12:53 AM

theres a couple of different "schools of thought" about who is the current Patriarca boss. one is that after Manocchio steppped down in 2009, Limone steeped up and became the new boss. but because of restrictions there were so many people that Limone couldnt meet with, that he had to make Dinunzio acting boss.

what some others(and my self) believe is that Dinunzio is acting boss and that right now there is no official Boss for New England. a couple of years ago, Anthony Dinunzio was recorded by Nicky Skins saying that even if he has to go prison he will remain boss "no matter what". Now would a guy who was just acting as Limones guy on the street really say something like that to the guy there representing the Gambinos? I'm not so sure.

But to think that Limone isnt involved in OC anymore just bc of all the time he did and the millions he won from the govt, simply isnt true seeing that he was charged with Gambling in Loansharking back in 2010 where he admitted guilt but avoided jail time.

thats all just my opinion.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Peter Limone - 12/05/13 05:43 PM

Carmen “Don of Donuts” Di Nunzio on the left talking to Peter Limone.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...sa_nostra_.html

The Foster Godfather

How do you become the “acting” head of a crime family?
Boston mafioso Anthony Dinunzio was arrested for extortion and racketeering on Wednesday. Law-enforcement authorities referred to Dinunzio in the indictment as the “acting boss” of the New England La Cosa Nostra. What does it mean to be an “acting” mob boss?

The real boss is working from prison, usually. The head of a crime family can maintain his position after getting pinched by the feds, provided he still has strong support from his underlings and can participate in major decisions from his cell. The rank-and-file mafiosi wouldn’t explicitly refer to his temporary replacement as “acting boss,” as police and prosecutors do, but they know the new head is only a caretaker, managing day-to-day operations until the boss returns. An acting head might eventually seize permanent control by promoting his own loyalists to important jobs like underboss (second-in-command), consigliere (chief adviser), or caporegime (unit captain). He could also convince the old boss’s supporters to change allegiance. A quicker, but riskier, route is to kill off the holdovers from the last regime. Sometimes, the jailed boss ends his own reign by collaborating with law enforcement.

Prosecutors won’t say why they believe that Dinunzio is merely the acting boss of the New England La Cosa Nostra. The prior boss, according to mob observers, was Peter Limone, aka “Chief Crazy Horse” or “The Camera Guy.” Limone has a colorful history. He was convicted for a 1968 murder that he didn’t commit and spent 33 years in prison. Despite receiving a $26 million payout from the government for the wrongful incarceration, he is said to have immediately resumed his mob activities and later taken the helm of the crime family. After pleading no contest to extortion and other charges in 2010, Limone didn’t do any time, but the judge ordered him to stay away from his old Mafia buddies. Anthony Dinunzio may be considered an acting boss on account of that order, which was intended to keep Limone from doing the job. It's worth noting that Limone’s name is curiously absent from Dinunzio’s indictment, even though prosecutors repeatedly mention Limone’s predecessor, Louis Manocchio, aka “Baby Shacks,” “The Professor,” or “The Old Man.” (Read an Explainer from 2005 on how mobsters get their nicknames.)
There are a couple of other possible explanations for Dinunzio's "acting" status. In the mafia’s heyday, at least, the would-be heads of local branches had to seek the blessing of more powerful leaders in New York. Despite several decades of contraction, New York remains the epicenter of mob authority. According to the federal indictment, Dinunzio tried to curry favor with Big Apple mafiosi after Limone was sidelined. It's possible the power players in New York were unimpressed and failed to support him for permanent leadership.

It could also be that Dinunzio’s temporary title was merely a ruse. Mob bosses sometimes want police and prosecutors to think they’re just caretakers, because they believe it makes them less appealing targets for wiretapping or surveillance. His title notwithstanding, it’s pretty clear that Dinunzio considered himself the permanent head of the family. According to the indictment, he told an emissary from the Gambinos in December, “If I go to the can, I’m still the boss ... No matter what.”

The hazy leadership situation in the New England family over the last several years is another reminder that, for all their organizational know-how, organized crime families haven’t yet figured out how to ensure a tidy transfer of power. When legendary gangster Carlo Gambino died, many high-ranking members of his crime family opposed his hand-picked successor, Paul Castellano. Castellano ruled the family for a few rocky years, but eventually John Gotti gathered support among the mafiosi and assassinated the unpopular don. Newly anointed mob bosses in Sicily also regularly face challenges to their power both from within the organization and from outsiders.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Peter Limone - 12/05/13 07:47 PM

Limone is the Boss, the brothers are UB and consigliere. The brothers consider Limone a mentor and teacher and he'll have the bosses position until he dies...
Posted By: pmac

Re: Peter Limone - 12/05/13 07:55 PM

limone knows every excon in the state no one taken his place. Howie winter at 85 yrs old got caught extorting some guy on tape last year saying im with the northend who do you think he was talking about. and that also shows you winter hill was always a mob group.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 10:19 AM

the situation is like Philly the family needs an old style boss, to reinforce the ranks and move on.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 11:13 AM

Young Peter Limone mug shot

In my opinion, given that Peter Limone spent almost more years in prison than outside, (he was born in 1934 and was sentenced in 1968) I think that to make a comparison with Matthew Madonna, the family Patriarca wanted to reward him for his loyalty, and also Limone in 2002 at 68 years, even with 20 million, he thought get back to being a man of honor would like to do the only thing he could do best,the mafioso.
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 07:05 PM

I think he still is boss he probably felt in some way its outta duty before he got pinched..I stool feel he is the boss today and gets his messages out through certain individuals..he was spotted in medford with a man that for a by the name of tony tomato aresco,,tomato is his nickname he owns a tomato company hens the nickname..tony is a loan shark and a big player.. I'm assuming there just weren't talking about nothing..limone gets around pretty good and meets with several people
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 07:14 PM

Why do they call him "The Camera Guy" and Chief Crazyhorse...how did the nicknames come about?
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 07:27 PM

I never got it why did they make him boss when he lost decades of experience while being in prison on the frame-up conviction. He is basically almost a novice in the field.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 07:32 PM

They don't really have a lot of other guys to turn to right now...

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 08:20 PM

Agreed 100%. He was a mere dice game operator when he went away and spent most of his life behind bars. The world has changed dramatically and LCN changed dramatically. He deposited over $150k in his savings account which clearly states to me that he doesn't understand modern banking and electronic paper trails or he was just plain stupid/careless. He never "ran a crew" on the streets...I admire his tenacity and his experience was horrendous...but at his age, he has millions from the government and should ride off into the sunset.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/06/13 09:14 PM

I thought he was a capo under Anguilo..I'm actually pretty sure

Re: Peter Limone - 12/07/13 12:04 AM

He was a favorite under Angiulo, but he went to prison as a young man, don't even think he was made, but an up and comer who drove Angiulo

Re: Peter Limone - 12/07/13 04:31 PM

Here is a New England Family Chart from the 1960's...Peter Limone is way at the bottom prior to going away

http://www.gangrule.com/2/wp-content/gallery/maps_new/rhode-island.jpg

Re: Peter Limone - 12/07/13 06:21 PM

jcb 1977 fbi in 1963 followed peter and his boss jerry from jfk to a meeting at fat tonys place up in harlem so he couldn't have been that low on the pole. then the jump back on a plane and left. the anguilo family were running dice games right up till the day they went away 83. when they were all ready multi millionares. weird thing I just thought of steve and whitey never ran any card games dice games. they were just shake down guys no brains. remember jerry screaming at his kid to throw the dice away every couple rolls at the vegas nights events. that's the difference between the the mafia and whitey. even frank salemmi was running these games in eastie in his days as boss. I do remember reading flemmi ran numbers. but jerry was a genius. im a bad speller even with spell check that I don't know how to you a red line just appears under all my screw ups.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/07/13 06:44 PM

Agreed that Limone was a student of Angiulo, but not a high ranking member of the Patriarca Crime Family at "that specific time." He oversaw dice games for Angiulo, but remember, Angiulo was an ATM machine for Ray Sr., and Ray Sr. did not care for him too much according to his FBI file.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/08/13 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
jcb 1977 fbi in 1963 followed peter and his boss jerry from jfk to a meeting at fat tonys place up in harlem so he couldn't have been that low on the pole.

I'd like to know where you read or heard that....I doubt jerry would have had a meeting like that with out Ray Sr. present

Re: Peter Limone - 12/08/13 08:24 PM

Is that family making any new members?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/09/13 03:09 PM

I totally agree whitey and his crew just shook people down and pumped dope..when gennaro was around whitey couldn't shine his shoes gennaro really was a great numbers guy probably one of the most under rated guys in mafia history.. whitey made money buy Anguilo made money the real mob way hustling,,whitey just ratted everyone out and scared everyone in his own neighborhood... Peter limone was one of anguilos best friends he was made a long time ago and he was def a rising leader maybe not a capo just yet

Re: Peter Limone - 12/09/13 03:12 PM

FULL STORY by Shelly Murphy Boston Globe Jerry Angiulo’s best bud was Peter Limone. Jerry took great care of Peter’s family while he was in prison all those miserable years . That’s about the best thing I can say about Jerry.

That was from the Boston globe,,those two were very close
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Peter Limone - 12/09/13 03:29 PM

if the guy was driving the underboss of the family around then he learned a thing or 2

not to mention he probably just gives advice at this point

Re: Peter Limone - 12/09/13 05:04 PM

Agreed...Ray Sr would "never" had let Jerry to have a high profile meeting without him present. He hated Jerry, as Jerry was nothing more than a money whore for Ray Sr.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/09/13 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
Agreed...Ray Sr would "never" had let Jerry to have a high profile meeting without him present. He hated Jerry, as Jerry was nothing more than a money whore for Ray Sr.

Why did he name him underboss if he hated him?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/09/13 07:44 PM

its documented in either the merry feral files or fat tonys fbi docet. fat tony wasn't a boss in 1963 neither was jerry under I think the were both capos at the time. fat tony had the biggest sports book on the east coast they probably had a little discussion about money and that was it. ray sr doesn't have to tell jerry shit he was the gambling czar of new England. peter in jerry were followed from jfk to fat tonys spot 2 hours latter they got back on a plane and left.think theres a old photo to of them walking in nyc.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/09/13 09:30 PM

I'd give my left nut for that photo of Gerry and fat Tony walking around Harlem, lol...

Gerry was the financial genius of the modern day mob. He supposedly invested the wore system for bookies to hand off action to a central office to minimize risk..

Ray Sr. put Gerry in that position because he knew how to make money. Plus, he thought Boston just an outpost to his family and strength lied squarely in Providence. I've hardly even heard of a Ray Sr. sighting in Boston...

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 12:56 AM

It was strictly financial
Posted By: Joerusso

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 05:00 AM

Limone was one of few from Boston that got made when the books opened in the late 50's. He was feared and a best friend of anguilo's like yous mentioned. Limone has a tight circle now real tight . He deals with old school guys like Biago,Spuck, Simone, Ferrara and etc keeps his circle real tight mostly guys who did time and kept mouths shut and dont bring heat like his gambling crew he had but exceptions for Dinunzio's b/c they was dumb specifically Tony he always was a loud mouth. Limone is in good shape from what i know. And you have to remember the vigs and percentage that get put in these dice/poker games or whatever gambling homes is crazy so they make out big just from attendance never mind the actual betting amount, the shy, vig on the shy, points etc it gets really profitable in large sums. whitey and flemmi took over a debt from howie/buddy what they owed from running their sports betting and extortion which was like 250k. thats why they was never clipped because without flemmi who was In Town going to over in the hill ??? no one. No one was really doing any business of sort and the bookies the hill had was really the towns bookies anyhow so it was just less headache an extra pay on top of the bookies makings just with the hill involved so for In Town its a win/win situation really IF you really know the truth just whitey with his fed connection and flemmi and his ratting they was really in the win/win collum all along out playing everyone in both crowds

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 06:37 PM

Could you confirm that he was made in the 1950's and if he was, what is the source? Over on real deal, there is somebody who is considered an expert in New England and his contention is that Limone got made in the 1970's as a reward for taking his sentence like a man. All of his info has been spot on.

Also, you're interpretation of Fat Anthony is dead accurate...He shouldn't even be alive IMO...he was an embarrassment to the Patriarca Family.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 06:53 PM

Its a fact that he was made when the books was first opened . My source are the 90 year old men in the neighborhood who knows and dont do the gossip based on rumors. Nick Giso was made at that time and few others like Russo, and Sonny Boy Rizzo, Pryce and few Providence guys. I have no documentation if thats what your talking about but these old men they know and was really involved themselves and they dont tell me much at all but out of respect of my grandfather/father uncle and my surname i am priveleged to be around these men and once in a while get a hidden gem of knowledge and thats one of em

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 07:55 PM

the guy in providence1994 the zip who killed the 2 guys in some social club, the hockey club or some shit .cant remember his name they asked him a made guy to leave the club he ended up shooting one guy in the shitter the other at the card table . he ended up being crazy, broke down crying on the stand the feds had no use for him he told some jury in 1977 jr drove him and some other guys from providence to gerrys secret room in that building on prince street were there were hidden walls a fernace ,tables, phones, and they burn sports receits. his name was nino he was a drunk he was made by Gerry and his brothers ray sr wasn't there probably cause of parole. and the pic of Gerry and limone in nyc is just them walking down some ave its in the file saying they were going to see fat tony about gambling shit. any one every read that part of underboss were jerrys talking to larry b about when ray sr brought him rays young friend to meet vito Genovese in little italy, im guessing 57 58 and ray said to jerry always send our friend a peace. jerry was still steaming 25yrs later about kicking up the money. jerry must have been in his mid 30tys sitting with Genovese. 36 37. funny guy on those tapes was a real money maker. real estate dons of boston. maybe in the 50tys limone was a low guy but in the mid 60tys he was on the move. he was 35 when he got life. think baby shacks also was made in the late 50tys ray took over in 54 before vito or carlo or angelo Bruno became bosses. so the national commiss approved him. I read he really like gerrys older brother nicolo better then any or the brothers he was his consign in the 70tys henry t was his under I believe till he got life never really now when Gerry officialy took over as underboss maybe mid 70tys. there a tape of frank a telling someone I 1980 nicky b acting boss right now cause ray was sick.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 07:57 PM

is the nino guy still in jail for that double murder? he should be the feds had no use for him. any rhode island people know?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 08:01 PM

I take your word for it...FYI...My two uncles and grandfather who are now deceased were involved in the region I grew up in, hence my interest in the topic. In most cases, the old timers are spot on.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 08:02 PM

There is one thing I never undestood about the frame-up of Limone and others: why did they falsely name Tameleo as the one who ordered the Deegan murder, when they could say it was Patriarca who sanctioned it (which was true)? With Patriarca convicted for murder they would have made more headlines than with Tameleo convicted.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 08:15 PM

Antonio Cucinotta but he was known and called Nino and he is out in WP for years now.. what do you mean made by jerry and his bros ??? you mean like they did the initation or was proposed by them ?? Because he was proposed by the Providence guys Ray sr brother from what i know...in the 50's Limone was a known figuree didnt have that much pull but he made his bones for jerry on this guy from everett with john anselmo and micheal rocke and he was made in the first book that was reopened.. And yes Ray sr liked donato and nicolo more than the rest of the brothers Nicolo was the oldest and more smarter a balance between gerry smarts and donato's fierceness ...

Re: Peter Limone - 12/10/13 08:20 PM

Thats because temeleo was known to be in Boston/revere not ray sr ...everyone went to providence to talk to Ray sr and it was a selected few if you got called down or waallowed to go...Temeleo was always in Boston over looking things collecting giving orders and pretty much just supervising the area for Ray sr so it was easier to blame a man who is frequently around oppose a man who if ever come up to Boston never mind is seen by the gangsters which is only a selected few that even sees him at all so it was more convincing and realistic to blame Temeleo

Re: Peter Limone - 12/11/13 01:23 AM

Ya the guy nino testified at some type of hearing said he was made in Boston by jerry a and I'm guessing his brothers in 1977 Jr patriarca and a group of other proposed guys were in the car driven up to boston from rhode. Island he said ray sr wasn't there. He talk about the Luna union they control in Rhode island to this day baby shacks convicted nephew manslaughtering some type of leader.
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: Peter Limone - 12/11/13 07:57 PM

Speaking of old timers, I heard a story a long time ago that Spucky made his bones with JR Russo out west on the Barboza hit. Spucky is one of those interesting figures in NE LCN that has been around as long as anyone but no one talks about him. I bet he's seen it all.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/11/13 09:02 PM

He is old school thats for sure very viscous business savy. He def was there he def is from j.russo regime. He keeps quiet real close with gambale, biago, ferrara, carrozza,simone people of that prestige. He controls eastie/revere and is very respected as respected as they come

Re: Peter Limone - 12/11/13 09:33 PM

With Richie the Pig? Richie isn't made...he was a sidekick of Angioplasty Anthony, correct? Why do you think Limone supported Fat boy for the big chair? If Limone keeps to himself and is part of that "old school" mentality, I'd say he may need to be checked out for senility. Who in their right mind would support that fat, arrogant loud mouth? Limone and DiNunzio doesn't make sense.

Or are you speaking of Spucky? Spagnolo is respected, maybe the most respected guy left...if not, he's at least the most active and capable.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Peter Limone - 12/11/13 10:32 PM

When is Matt Guglilemetti out?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 12:26 AM

Should be relatively soon...but seriously, what is he going to lead? There's nothing left of any significance in Providence...one of their main sources of income were the strip clubs and the Feds are on to that scheme. There are no crews left, Rhode Island unemployment is high and there are plenty of casinos in the region, so even illegal gambling income will be severely reduced. Providence died when the old man stepped down and subsequently got indicted.

This family is eerily similar to Cleveland...and it will continue to be reduced to some younger made guys who have no leadership qualities and are doing their own thing...like 16 of the original 24 mafia families who are now defunct. Boston is in better shape than Providence, but even Boston is a shell of what they once were. Unless they go on a heavy recruiting campaign or bring over some Italians from the other side, which New England never really had any relationship with the Sicilian, Calabrian or Neapolitan mafia families, attrition will continue and the family will not be a "family" in the traditional sense. There are no young guys who are capable of being boss...that was evident when the family chose Fat Anthony as boss in which he demonstrated that he is a spaccone and a bumbling idiot incapable of garnering the respect of his underlings.
Posted By: MOES

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 03:49 AM

Is't Limone a millionaire and older why would he go back to that after spending all that time in prison. You think he would throw in the towel and retire. Having all that time to think about things and the future and present LCN he must be downright delusional. A legend in his own mind. A small mind, a narrow mind.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 07:00 AM

One gambale is made long ago buddy. You swear you know but dont know a damn thing ,,, Providence always had and will always have a 100 wiseguys that you have no idea about. They have more than the strip clubs, the casino always been around and it never slowed things down before....they have unions, gambling, sports betting, the new bedford/fall river/taunton area, they have the strip clubs and many more schemes thats not known....Second always was a partnership with sicily... how do you think Biago came over and vito deluca ??? old boss philip buccola was the liason between all that . he sent Biago over here to get away from a crazy war goin on in sicily and biago is one of few wiseguys made here and in sicily ever and so is vito deluca and there is no sicilian connection !!! and in the early years of 1930's,40's,50's they was all over boston, springfield, and providence like simonelli,americo bucci, theodore fuccilo, armonte and cullicio so def was a connection. And if providence is dead why have four or five capo's for what 5 soldiers dont make sense at all. There is moriarty, milisi, arty spinola, Achilles, sparo, ruggerio, matty jr, peri je , dennis cappiccilo, cappola jr, souza all providence all active guys some made so you think you know but frankly jcb the more you speak the more you prove you have no idea at all.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 07:07 AM

You listed a track sheet from like, 2000 to recent time, of all the members/associates that been arrested indicted whatever.. if you can count go count you listed over 200 members/assocaites during that span of 13 years and of today's date there is a estimate of 60-70 members between boston and providence... cities of 700k people combined. Anyone if thats a family in disray show me a rising family because thats saids that a family thats super active. After one indictment of 30 or so people the family/associates should be disfunctional right??? No they are loaded with members/assocaites to keep things going and staying as active as any family . Im going to post that particular list and you be the judge

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 07:09 AM

This list was compiled over on real deal by "Wiseguy." As you could see, he put a lot of work into this to show "activity" as well as waning power:

In February 2000, 24 people, including Robert Beshere and Anthony "Spitzy" Gambale, were indicted in Boston on charges of running a sports bookmaking operation, tied to the New England LCN, that brought in as much as $500,000 a week in bets.

In March 2000, 17 people, including New England LCN soldier Anthony Ascenzia Jr, were indicted in Connecticut on charges of running a sports bookmaking operation that handled $2.3 million in wagers in one 4-month period, as well as a numbers operation, and distributing video poker machines from 1997 to 2000.

In April 2000, officials seized over $4 million in cash, computers, fax machines, and shredders at 16 locations in Norfolk County, MA, as well as 1 location in Florida, that were part of an extensive multi-million dollar sports bookmaking operation. No arrests were made at the time.

In July 2000, it was reported that several members of IBT Local 251 (drivers in film production) in Providence, including New England LCN associate Anthony Parillo, had criminal backgrounds and ties to organized crime.

In November 2000, 15 people, including New England LCN captain Anthony "The Saint" St. Laurent and soldiers Rudolph "The Captain" Sciarra and Vito "The Ox" DeLuca, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering and organized criminal gambling involving a sports bookmaking operation.

In November 2000, 15 people, including Joseph Marques, Steven Roccio, John Battista, Jeffrety Pelagalli, Thomas Ricci, Joseph Mariano, and Terrance Stegner were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, aiding and abetting, and organized criminal gambling involving a sports bookmaking operation that stretched from Rhode Island to Connecticut.

In January 2001, 5 people tied to the New England LCN, including John Tillinghast, Frank Welch, Daniel Mattenson, and John MacArthur, were indicted in Providence on charges of running a sports bookmaking operation.

In June 2001, New England LCN associate and loanshark Leonard Rosenberg was killed during a robbery in Boston.

In October 2001, 7 people tied to the New England LCN, known as the "DeCologero Crew," including John DeCologero and Paul DeCologero, were indicted in Boston on charges of racketeering, cocaine trafficking, loansharking, robbery of rival drug dealers, weapons possession, and murder.

In December 2001, New England LCN associate, William Angelesco, was indicted in Boston on charges of murdering strip club manager Peter DeVito.

In December 2001, 2 New England LCN soldiers, Freddy "The Neighbor" Simone and Vincent "Dee Dee" Gioacchini, were indicted in Boston on charges of illegal weapons possession.

In December 2001, New England LCN associate and strip club owner, Peter DeVito, was killed in Boston.

In March 2002, 5 people, with ties to the New England LCN, were charged in Norfolk County, MA on charges of running a sports bookmaking operation and drug trafficking.

In September 2002, 6 people tied to the New England LCN, known as the "Mello Organization," including Timothy Mello, were indicted in Boston on charges of racketeering, cocaine and marijuana trafficking, robbery of rival drug dealers, witness tampering, obstruction of justice, extortion, running a sports bookmaking operation, and firearms offenses.

In December 2002, 18 people, including New England LCN soldier Anthony "Sonny Boy" Rizzo, were indicted in Boston on charges of trafficking in cocaine and oxycodone.

In December 2002, 6 people, including New England LCN associate Joseph Settipane, as well as Vincent LePore, James Candelino, Frank Cinsuruli, Thomas Verona, Anthony Pino, and Gregory Costa, were indicted in Boston on charges of keeping a place for illegal gambling, using the telephone for illegal gambling, and conspiracy to violate gaming laws involving a sports bookmaking operation that netted up to $500,000 a week, as well as a numbers operation.

In articles in November 2003, December 2006, and August 2008, it was reported that, despite being a "shell" or a "shadow" of the organization it once was, with dwindling membership - 20 to 25 active members in Boston, with 10 inactive or in prison, as well as a dozen or so members in Providence - (as well as a "substantial" number of associates) and it becoming harder to attract quality recruits, the New England LCN, under the leadership of boss, Luigi "Baby Shacks" Manocchio, continued to be active in the traditional rackets of sports bookmaking, video poker, loansharking, extortion, and drug trafficking. In November 2012 it was reported that, although the FBI considered LCN the #1 organized crime threat in New England, the threat in Rhode Island was "substantially minimized to the point of being almost non-existent" after recent indictments.

In December 2003, 3 people, including New England LCN soldiers, Frederick "The Neighbor" Simone and Vincent "Dee Dee" Gioacchini, as well as Francis "The White Haired Guy" White, were indicted in Boston on charges of conspiracy, loansharking, money laundering, and extorting $500 to $1,000 monthly payments from a sports bookmaking operation.

In June 2004, 7 people tied to the New England LCN, including Scott Martinelli, James Viglione, and Robert Romboli, were indicted in Stoneham, MA on charges of organizing and promoting gambling and possession of gambling aparatus involving a sports bookmaking operation that took in as much as $60,000 a week in profits; as well as conspiracy and possession involving cocaine and oxycodone trafficking.

In January 2005, as a result of an investigation into organized crime involvement in the Laborers International Union of North America and the local construction industry, New England LCN captain Matthew "Matty" Guglielmetti (a member of LIUNA Local 271) and associates Anthony Gobbi and Robert Nordolillo, were indicted in Providence on charges of conspiracy to distribute 67 kilos of cocaine brought through Rhode Island en route to Canada.

In February 2005, 15 people, including New England LCN captain Joseph Achille, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a sports bookmaking operation that took in over $500,000 in bets in the months leading up to the Superbowl, weapons possession, trafficking in prescription drugs, and assault conspiracy involving Laborers Union jobs.

In March 2005, New England LCN soldier Alfred "Chippy" Scivola, was indicted in Connecticut on charges of extorting $4,000 a month from a strip club operator; in partnership with the Gambinos.

In April 2005, 13 people, including New England LCN associate Arthur Gianelli, were indicted in Boston on charges of racketeering, running a sports bookmaking operation using a Costa Rica wireroom, distributing video poker machines, money laundering through investments in legitimate businesses, extortionate takeover of a bar and a restaurant, and arson.

In July 2005, 10 people, including Russell Tardanico and Leonard Teperow, were indicted in Boston on charges of using the telephone for gaming purposes involving a sports bookmaking operation.

In January 2006, 24 people, including Raymond "Scarface" Jenkins, Richard Angell, Thomas Verona, and Darrell Ashdown, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, organized criminal gambling and conspiracy involving a sports bookmaking operation in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, tied to the New England LCN family, which took in $3 million a month in bets and layoffs, as well as possession of marijuana and vicodin with intent to deliver.

In April 2006, New England LCN captain Anthony "The Saint" St. Laurent , was indicted in Providence on charges of collecting two seperate vig payments of $2,000 a week from loans to 2 men of $100,000 each.

In May 2006, New England LCN soldier William "Billy" Angelesco and associate Gene Giangrande were indicted in Boston on charges of extortion and running a sports bookmaking operation. He had reportedly been moving in on the Medford rackets, involved in sports bookmaking and shaking down drug dealers.

In December 2006, New England LCN underboss, Carmen "The Cheese Man" DiNunzio, was indicted in Boston on charges of conspiracy to maintain a gambling operation and extortion of other sports bookmaking operations.

In December 2006, 12 people, including New England LCN captain Edward "Carmine" Lato, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running of a sports bookmaking operation that took in over $675,000, as well as trafficking in marijuana, steroids, and vicodin.

In December 2006, 2 New England LCN associates, Edward and Elias Samia, were indicted in Worcester on charges of running a numbers and card game operation.

In March 2007, 3 people, including Domenic DiCenso, the son of a late New England LCN member Franceso DiCenzo, were indicted in Boston on charges of selling cocaine out a pizza shop and weapons possession.

In August 2007, 7 people, including Joseph Russo and Steven Contrada, were indicted in Medford on charges of conspiracy, organizing and promoting gambling, keeping a place to register bets, using a telephone for gambling purposes involving a sports bookmaking operation, as well as heroin possession.

In August 2007, New England LCN associate, Gene Giangrande, was indicted in Cambridge on charges of extortion, conspiracy, assault and battery, loansharking, and running a sports bookmaking operation.

In April 2008, 13 people, including New England LCN soldier Vincent "The Animal" Ferrara, were indicted in Boston on charges of conspiracy, using a telephone to register bets, and keeping a place to register bets involving running a sports bookmaking operation.

In May 2008, 3 people, including underboss Anthony "The Cheeseman" DiNunzio, were indicted in Boston on charges of attempted bribery to secure a $6 million construction contract in the "Big Dig" Project for $15,000 and 5% of the contract revenue.

In October 2008, 2 people, Nicholas Manocchio (the nephew of New England LCN Luigi "Baby Shanks" Manocchio and director of the Laborers New England Region Organizing Fund) and Gerald Diodati (a contractor) were indicted in Providence on charges of labor racketeering, bribery, and receiving kickbacks for contracts.

In November 2008, 25 people, including New England LCN associates Nicholas "Nicky" Pari and Gerlad "Gerry" Tillinghast, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a sports bookmaking operation, trafficking in cocaine, marijuana, and vicodin, selling weapons, counterfeiting, and fencing stolen goods. In a follow-up case in February 2009, 30 additional people, including George Eunis and Donald St. Germain, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a sports bookmaking operation, extortion, selling firearms, insurance fraud, and marijuana trafficking.

In December 2008, 10 people, including Jason McMahon and Michael Sepe, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a sports bookmaking operation - which paid tribute to the New England LCN - that took in more than $400,000 in wagers in 2 months, as well as marijuana trafficking and weapons possession.

In December 2008, 11 people, including New England LCN member Peter Limone, as well as associates Thomas Palladino, Joseph DiPrizio, and Anthony Squillante, were indicted in Boston on charges of organizing a gambling syndicate involving a sports bookmaking operation, conspiracy, loansharking, and extorting payments from 4 unaffiliated sports bookmaking operations.

In December 2008, 9 people, some of whom had ties to the New England LCN, including Steven Contrada, were indicted in Boston on charges of organizing a gambling syndicate and conspiracy involving runnging a sports bookmaking operation.

In February 2009, New England captain Anthony "The Saint" St. Laurent was indicted in Providence on charges of murder conspiracy.

In April 2009, New England LCN soldier Joseph "Junior" Pingaro, was indicted in Boston on charges of conspiracy and tax evasion on income of $3 million.

In April 2009, 2 people, including New England LCN soldier Darin Bufalino, were indicted in Salem on charges of robbing a landscaper of $11,000.

In June 2009, New England LCN associate, Edward Gravalese, was indicted in Woburn on charges of organizing and promoting a gambling syndicate, keeping a gaming house, and conspiracy to keep a gaming house involving illegal high-stakes poker games.

In February 2010, the wife and son of captain Anthony "The Saint" St. Laurent were indicted in Providence on charges of extorting tribute payments from local bookmakers for $800,000 and $1.5 million from 1988 to 2009.

In May 2010, as well as a superseding indictment in October 2010, 31 people, including New England LCN captain Mark Rossetti and soldiers Darin Bufalino and Michael Prechillo, were indicted in Boston on charges conspiracy, heroin and marijuana trafficking, running a sports bookmaking operation, loansharking, extortion, illegal weapons possession, armed robbery, money laundering, perjury, and witness intimidation. In March 2011, 4 people, Joseph Giallanella, Michael Petrillo, Charles Davis, and Charles Toomajian, some of who had been previously charged, were indicted in Boston on charges of conspiracy, larceny, and receiving stolen property involving $1.9 million that had been embezzled from a temp agency by Davis, and laundered by Toomajian, in order to pay gambling and loansharking debts to Giallanella and Petrillo.

In November 2010, 27 people, including New England LCN associates Joseph and Richard Tiberi, were indicted in Providence on charges of running a prescription drug trafficking ring that distributed oxycontin, oxycodone, percocet, and vicodin, conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver, soliciting another to commit a crime, an attempting to make an illegal bet.

In January 2011, and in superseding indictments in March 2011 and September 2011, and April 2012, 9 New England LCN members and associates, including former boss Luigi "Baby Shacks" Manocchio, acting boss Anthony DiNunzio, captain Edward "Carmine" Lato, and soldier Alfred "Chippy" Scivola, were indicted in Rhode Island on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, extortion, and travel-in-aid of racketeering, involving monthly protection payments of $2,000 to $6,000 a month from local adult businesses from 1993 to 2011, including strip clubs such as the Cadillac Lounge, Satin Doll, Foxy Lady, Desire, and Cheaters, the Northeast Sales adult bookstore, as well as the extortion of $25,000 from an auto dealer.

In May 2011 and November 2011, 25 people, including New England LCN captain Edward "Carmine" Lato, and soldiers Frank "Bobo" Marrapese Jr. and Alfred "Chippy" Scivola, were indicted in Providence on charges of racketeering, conspiracy to commit extortion, loansharking, organized criminal gambling, sports bookmaking, illegal trafficking in prescription drugs, criminal solicitation, felony shoplifting, and marijuana possession.

In December 2011, it was reported in an affidavit by the Rhode Island PD that Patriarca associate Frederick "Freddy" Carrozza had netted over $2 million from the sale of a house, even though it was only valued at $900,000, by the buyer lying on a mortgage application and getting a $2.2 million mortgage; with the sale proceeds going to Carrozza.

In February 2013, New England LCN associate Enrico Ponzo was indicted in Boston on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, marijuana trafficking, loansharking, unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, money laundering, and murder during the 1990's.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 07:24 AM

hey i added those numbers up and total is 340 now that is a family thats decimated LOL. Im not saying they are as strong as their heyday or when ray sr ran it but for current day and age with technology, publicity and rats like deluca,rosetti and salemme man they are consistently being arrested with no signs of decline and still active at a alarming stature. Now only a strong family can do that. and they are still making guys like Micheal Prochillo, Billy Angelesco, Alby Folcarelli,Junior Pingaro,Paterno, Louie Dinunzio, Louis & Greg Costa, Tommy Iafrate, Ray Jenkins, Dom Serino, floramo jr, corrazzo's kids as well as lepore's kid ...like cris carter saids on espn C'MON MAN

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 07:32 AM

Never mind the providence shit thats gets in depth that i have no clue about This is not fbi files or books or what no crooked DA saids...This is my street knowledge, interactions, connection eyes and ears straight from the north end. The only thing thats true is limone allowing stupid loud mouth dinunzio to hold the helm.. that must be cause nobody wanted the aggravation and he is a cocky loudmouth but we see the results but besides that i spoke the truth/peace ...

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 08:51 AM

Didnt read whole thing but did you say 340??
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 04:06 PM

those are alot of recent arrest

seems like somebody is giving information

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 04:26 PM

cook county you are right someone is saying something but its not slowing things down as we see. And extortion yes 340 count it yourself it wont take long

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 04:29 PM

Hey JoeRusso,

Now you claim the DA or the U.S. Attorney is crooked? That list provided by Ivy League demonstrated "activity" in those years. In "most" of those cites, many of the members and associates were duplicated in the different charges. If you believe that Providence has 100 wiseguys, you're delusional. The Patriarca Crime Family had 100 members at their peak. You say the DA and the U.S. Attorney, the FBI, the State Police are all corrupt. Like I said before, there was corruption with a "small number" of FBI Agents which was 15 years ago. If you don't think that the FBI director in Washington D.C. immediately sent his most trusted agents with squeaky clean records for damage control and for public relations, then you are narrow minded and can't understand how things are done. To say that the entire law enforcement community and upper echelon members of the U.S. Attorney's office is crooked, then you have absolutely no credibility. While your "street knowledge" is appreciated, you have absolutely no leg to stand on from a credibility standpoint. Nobody on this site knows who you are, so how is anybody to believe what you are spewing?

I'll go our on a limb and say that "maybe" you have "some" street knowledge...but to say that the Patriarca Crime Family has 100 members in Providence that nobody knows about is ludicrous when at their peak that family had a total of 100. If what you say is true, then the entire FBI office in Boston/Providence, the US Attorney's office in Rhode Island and Massachusetts and the state police in RI and MA are lying. You got a lot of balls saying something so asinine. The Bonanno and Colombo Family have less than 100 members...so the Patriarca's aren't even close! You may know a few wiseguys from the neighborhood...good for you...Anthony Gambale is not made, but Richie is and I confirmed that with a high ranking law enforcement official. I'm not a cop or even a fan of the cops as I have met and known "plenty" of wiseguys from the region I grew up in...who cares? If you're in the "know" then you shouldn't be posting about any of these guys in your neighborhood...where I come from, they call that duplicitous and back stabbing. At least the families I post about are defunct and all the guys are dead...you're posting about guys on the street who you "admire." Do you admire criminals? Liars? Thieves? Murderers? Extortionists? IF you do, then its people like you that have no place in normal society. I'm done with this back forth bullshit with a guy living near the north end...Boston is an Irish town, always has been, always will be. One of the weaker mafia factions in the country compared to many other cities. Providence is where the true power base was in Patriarca's heyday, as any boss from Boston was a lackluster, clusterfuck who was either indicted, an informant or just plain stupid. The true LCN bosses in New England who are held in high regards with other mob families were from Providence...PERIOD!

A wiseman and a friend once told me: Never get into a pissing match with a skunk...so true.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 04:37 PM

Everyone on here admires criminality to some degree or you wouldn't be posting here.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 04:58 PM

Correction...everybody admires to allure of a secret society and the underworld...at the end of the day, "most" of these guys are scumbags and leeches on society
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 05:26 PM

i don't think he said 100 made members just 100 guys out on the street earning money that eventually gets kicked up.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 05:32 PM

No your delusional, I know providence capability i know real street guys who you know. Hey i never said 100 made guys but 100 guys italians/sicilians like me who is connected all the way either going to be made or choose not to be made but they are guys thats active and well known in the criminal world with high prestige. See jcb you trust the feds, DA, and law enforcement too much you see. why are they right ? They might have informants and rats but they are not in the everyday, in and out routine of things....Rossetti was a long time rat correct... why is not the whole east boston/revere that whole area even north end in disray?? all that time he was informant a big hard crippling indictment shouldve been came down right. Deluca as well all he gave up was the strip club scheme and even that the feds was already on too it before he starting ratting. See i dont live close to North end i was born and raised in and still live in north end and not one guy i mentiond is not known so im not doing nothing but repeating names thats known and didnt expose none of their illegal/legal activities, secret hangouts or socail clubs, or thier assocaites. Your a hypocrite, you say richie is not made now you said he is after i told you he is but you say you confirmed it with a high ranking law official but its his brother thats not made CMON MAN...Hey my father, uncle respected, made, i never mentiond their name my grandfather was a underboss/consgliere is hardly mentioned or even known about all from boston north end. Boston was a irish town not its multicultural my friend. Providence was stronger with soldiers you never seen or heard of and to an extent it still like that but Boston is always and will always be the backbone. But what do you know you have to ask the crrupted fbi, staties, or DA and what the fuck do they know.. they rely on people like rossetti and you see how far they got with that guy and his information.. his father ralphie is spinning his grave but hey im just from the streets of north end, come from a made family, know most guys that mentioned and is real informative but what do i know huh. The more you talk it proves more and more you really dont know a damn thing so stop speaking so much... I might be a skunk but a skunk who speaks the truth and knows not relying on some fbi, or da, or statie who probably is in debt from his last bet so seriously CMON MAN

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 05:48 PM

the more you TRY to prove what not happening and the disray the more i can prove the family is def in affirmative aCtion... IDk how many members the colombos or bonnano's have its not my business but what i do know is who is active who is not who is made who is not, If things are hot if things are cool and i know this 40-50 guys in boston made FACT with the other 20-30 in providence thats a assumption of 60-80 guys but me personally i think its 60 something members. In its heyday it was well over 100. So compare and contrast is not a great comparison method to make your point IMO

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 07:39 PM

One could never reason with a street guy...narrow minded, neighborhood guy who only knows what a bunch of old men and wannabees chirp about on the corner. I get it, you hate law enforcement..but they are WINNING the war on organized crime. 24 original mafia families and 8 exist today, with Philly, NJ and New England on the brink of extinction as far as "traditional mafia structure" is concerned. I got no beef with you, but I strongly disagree with most of your comments. Agreed to disagree.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 07:53 PM

They might have been winning the war against crime but traditional structure is a boss underboss consgliere capo's soldiers and asscoiates and as far as numbers go theres no lack in numbers for anyone to step in. but hey you might as well become a spokesperson for law enforcement and the stoolie's and i know what i see buddy not gossip we dont live based on gossip : agree to disagree

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 08:29 PM

Listen man...I'm not on the side of stoolies or law enforcement...I had a few uncles and my grandpa who were all made and one being a Capo as part of the LaRocca Crime Family...believe me when I tell you that I do not take everything law enforcement says as gospel...However, I work a regular job and do research for several mob authors because I enjoy reading and learning about OC, but I'm also realistic and a stats guy and if anything has proved true, its that law enforcement has severely weakened OC activity and have put some of the most powerful mob bosses away for life and decimated families around the country. Do I believe that the FBI has railroaded some guys...absolutely...for what reason? They look at it as the ends justify the means. Like in the military in Afghanistan or Iraq, elite special forces have killed thousands of innocent people...for one reason...to rid the world of evil. It's a classic counter intelligence tactic. The CIA and how they have a broad ranging way of extracting intel from a captured Al Quaida member...starvation, water boarding, physical beatings to name a few. Is it ethical and moral? Probably not...but does it work in most cases? Yes...and that is evident by the success our government has had in killing or capturing guys like Hussein and Bin Laden.

Most wiseguys who come from the "old school" understand that the FBI has a job to do. Like with Baby Shacks, he was always courteous and friendly with the government and when he was indicted, he knew he was caught red handed and he took his sentence like a man but never complained he was railroaded. Not all FBI agents are ethical...but a majority of them are. They are guys who have wives and children and are looking to get rid of evil in society. Do I believe that illegal gambling, prostitution and loansharking are evil? NO...but drug dealing and murder certainly are. The young guys today in the mafia, lets face it, they do not carry the same old school values as the old timers did. Most of them were not born in Italy, do not understand the culture and tradition and honor of being a society guy...which is why you are seeing guys flipping left and right. There hasn't been a mob boss from Boston who has had any real success. It was Patriarca and Manocchio who were the backbone of New England LCN...the bosses from Boston were a joke from Salemme (who was half Irish), Limone and DiNunzio. The heavy hitters in Boston like Ferrara, Spagnolo, Quintina etc are getting up there in years and while they may still be earning, they don't have the muscle they once had. Are they capable? IMO, yes. Those guys know that in today's LCN, it isn't worth bringing heat. Rossetti was a piece of shit and will always be a piece of shit. DeLuca IMO was an informant longer than people realize and he gave up more than the strip clubs...he provided the Feds with a detailed list of who's who and the types of crimes they are involved with and he is still used as a source. The cheesesman will be dead in the near future as guys like him have heart disease and are more detrimental to themselves, he's no threat. Fatboy Anthony certainly is viewed as a joke and truly wasn't an effective Capo, let alone boss. The point is since the old man stepped down, New England is hurting as they can't find a capable leader.

Similar to Cleveland...when the top brass went away, some of the younger made guys like Joe Iacabacci and R.J. Pappalardo were reported to be rebuilding the family with the help of Chicago...well, they never rebuilt the family and they became nothing more than some guys who were made that became independent operatives and did their own thing. The Pittsburgh family had well over 100 associates and recently, there was a big illegal gambling bust...does that mean they have a family? NO, they are simply operating themselves as there is no family hierarchy. Guys like Patriarca and Manocchio don't come around too often and there is "nobody" who is younger that even come close to being as effective a leader as Ray or Baby Shacks...the heyday is OVER and slowly but surely they will cease to exist...like most other families.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 08:57 PM

jcb, you have plenty of great stuff to share, but you do really seem to carry some sort of a grudge against the phiily and new england families, as all of your posts try and frame them as on deaths doorstep with only a few random guys running around leaderless. we can sit here all day long and hype that they aren't what they used to be, but that's common knowledge and has been beaten to death. with all of the rats, state and federal cases against both families the amount of activity has been pretty consistent over the past decade, showing their resilience. i believe that outside of ny, they will be the last to go.

we can also argue about the #'s, most seem to be between 40-50 a piece. granted, not all of them are active, but just that number right there makes any comparison to cleveland null and void. without a doubt they are still actively making new members, so time will tell how long these guys can hold it together.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 10:00 PM

anyone know is frank anguilo still alive they said he went rite back to his house/million dollar apartment building that's in some family members name. he looked healthy as shit at his brothers funeral couple yrs ago. he one of those matty horse guys 100yrs old and still mafia. he would be the last brother alive they must have a ton of grandkids nephews ect. jerry was loan sharking out of fort devens he;s whole 20+ bid. remember some congress guy got caught up in some realestate scandal in the early 90tys tring to buy something or get a loan. there some funny lines in the book about buddy ciachi. old ass jerry getting sent to the hole yelling at co.s must have been close to frank locascio and don baldimenti they were all there for yrs. locascio still is I no somegirl married to a c.o, up there they make bank.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 10:35 PM

Aww all I have to say without making this debate any less pointless is the only thing your correct about is Tony Dinunzio. He was wreckless, stupid and a loudmouth and i assume he was put in that position b/c he can relate between Limone, fat dinunzio to others and keep his mouth shut and he was used as a target knowing he was going to take the fall if it was to happen and it did so thats a smart strategic move to say the least. But Anguilo was not the most effective boss but he was respected and did a pretty good job as underboss. Philip Buccola was a great Boss but we had great influential guys from Boston as well like russo, Cucchiara, lombordo, pryce quintina, sonny boy rizzo, john anselmo, henry selveltelli, henry temeleo, Nicolo and danny anguilo, Mr. Franseco Paul Intiso, Sandrelli, Scarpa and the lits goes on and i can say the same for providence. But this just sit back and watch Limone will bring this thing back to what it can be like in this day and age make it a little bit stronger Mark my word

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 10:45 PM

But pmac as for frankie truthfully i believe he is still alive now i dont think he is still living in the north end as he was few years back at the socail clubs and all but i do believe he is with a family member that i heard but i may be wrong i will get back to you on that for more correct and accurate information on him

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 11:14 PM

I posted a year ago that my cousin was giving baseball lesson to the son of a made guy that lived in Southern Mass. He got friendly with the father and would get VIP passes to the Foxy Lady and other "stuff".

My cousin said there were tons of guys around all the time and there was still a strong present of made guys in Providence. His words were "way more than anyone thinks". My cousin liked all the joints down there and this guy brought him and made introductions saying "this kid tutors my boy in baseball, make sure nobody messes with him"...

Do people forget Manocchio was at the head of the table for like 12 years. Do you think he just sat around watching the family dwindle. Rumor has it there was at least 4 button ceremonies during that time.

Plus, how long were the DiNunzio brothers on the scene for and making money, a longtime, they just didn't show up one day and take over.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 11:31 PM

Its needless to say that they are loaded down there in providence they always have and will be. Unless your really involved or know people or in my situation where you were born in around that life you wouldnt know esp if your pulling a JCB and listening to what the feds or DA reports than your really fooled and lost. Providence is loaded always has been and will always will be . For decades they had the most italians per capita in any city in the U.S. and i think the state did as well
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Peter Limone - 12/12/13 11:54 PM

Joerusso

Appreciate you're input, great reading. How many active made guys do you think they have in Providence? Why has the power base shifted to Boston if they are so capable in Providence?

Cheers.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 01:52 AM

The powershift is because Limone is probably the best next capable man to do it considering that everyone in providence who is capable are still soldiers by choice and some dont want the limelight due to technology, rats, change in the way things were etc and other things as well and they are all old in their 50's-80's so they just want to make their ends and live queitly without the headache of being skipper. I personally believe there is 20-30 made guys in providence. I mentioned a few people dont know about, some we know of from recent indictments and some are just behind the shadow BUT i wouldnt be suprised a bit if there were more considering thats a whole other world down there for sure of how they do things. Its so crazy alot of boston guys dont have a clue who is the providence guys at all. Years back a bunch of providence guys came up for the st anthony festival and they got introduced to boston guys mostly the younger crowd costa, RIP cono fritz(frizzi, few other guys was there and like 10 providence guys and was introduced to eachother by couple capo's achille being one of them and during introduction it was made clear that everyone was made so they needed to get to know eachother because their in the same family!!! thats how bad it can get between who know who and is recongnized and known between the two.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 02:44 AM

Do you think it's possible that Boston and Providence will eventually split up?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 02:55 AM

Neg. They need each other. Diminished strength requires friends of circumstance.

Plus NY would never allow it.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 03:26 AM

I dont think they will split since thats the way it is like sonny said they need eachother to an extent but i dont think NY has anything to do with it. I think NY has no say truthfully. The commission is somewhat crumbled so until the commission gets back to full effect i dont think NY has much say. Influence yea but control No. I believe Patriarca family, philly and chicago is on their own with no influence from NY just because NY is a mess with no commision, no direct structure to oversee other families as well as theirs. all their families are trying to stay positional powers so to control and oversee other families during this time of getting things back in order as far as commission goes and getting stronger i dont see it happeneing because of that

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 03:45 PM

The comparison to Cleveland is relevant to how the top administration has gone to prison and there is a leadership void. JoeRusso says that there are 20-30 made guys in Providence that nobody knows about. Due to the amount of informants New England has had, do you really believe that the federal government knows "nothing" about alleged made members? They took down the last three bosses, flipped a few high ranking members and sent a lot of their Capos to prison. Do the Feds know everything? No...but if there are 20-30 made guys in Providence that have flown under the radar for this long, then they've made history and I doubt very much that in this day in age that is even remotely possible.

I agree with your statement that outside of NYC, they will be the last to go...but outside NYC, the only viable families left are Chicago, Philly, New England, Detroit and New Jersey. I don't hold a "grudge" against Philly, they are just a truly dysfunctional and disorganized family since the Scarfo years which has been over 30 years ago. In regards to New England, when has a boss from Boston held the big seat for an extended period of time? Boston definitely has more made guys left than Providence and until 20-30 made guys are identified, how can you hold any validity in JoeRusso's statement? Mob guys today don't stay under the radar...people know who they are and law enforcement are watching these guys constantly and have enough inside information to have an idea of what these guys are doing. Do you really think that mob guys are so smart and reclusive that nobody knows who they are? When the regional director of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney say that Providence has been decimated, they have 50 men underneath them conducting surveillance on key players 24/7. They know who they meet with, who that person meets with and so forth. Since the early 1980's when the government first used RICO on James "Jack White" Licavoli in Cleveland and then the infamous Commission case, they have dismantled 15 out of the original 24 mafia families with one powerful law. Even a few of the NY families are limping along (Bonanno and Colombo). Chicago is still operating, but severely reduced.

You say they are "actively" making new members? Where is that information coming from? When was their last making ceremony? How do you really know they are "actively" making new blood. They don't even have a boss, an underboss or a consigliere at the moment. Do you really believe Baby Shacks made a guy with the last name Jenkins?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 04:13 PM

So your contention is that the government knows nothing? All the success they have had against New England and they are clueless? You are saying that guys on the street are so highly intelligent, that they are invisible for law enforcement surveillance? I'd have to say that the DiNunzio brothers, Baby Shacks, Lato, Limone, DeLuca, Rossetti, St. Laurent among others would even disagree with you. It didn't take too long to send these guys away. If there are 20-30 made guys running around Providence, they have to be meeting with somebody and extorting and threatening at least gamblers that are in default of payments, yet nobody knows who they are? Even Ruggiero who is a "legitimate" businessman was outed as being a made guy. I get that you are a big supporter of the mafia, but if you actually believe that the federal government knows nothing, you are sadly mistaken. They could find Saddam Hussein in a fucking hole or Bin Laden in a compound in the middle of fucking nowhere but they can't find a "street criminal." They have successfully dismantled OC "families" in most cities and you believe that New England will be absolved from that? The government has more time and more money than any organized crime family in the world. It took all of 2 seconds for Peter Limone to be indicted again and if you think the government of the U.S is going to allow a hood to collect $33.7 million dollars without giving him headaches, you're sadly mistaken. They're watching him like a hawk plus he's nearly 80 years old, hardly a threat. Did you support the U.S. government when they sent Seal Team 6 in to whack Bin Laden? Or the Army Rangers and Delta Force to capture Hussein?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 05:10 PM

Would Lemone not be making new members?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 05:14 PM

Again you swear you know. Am i supposed to tell you when was the ceremony, who conducted it, who proposed each member, No. do i even have that answer no. My personal belief is 20-30 and thats a little under estimation b/c they are loaded down there, second, they have 4-5 capo's in lato, pretty matt, achilles, st laurent, deluca and scivola and you tellin me there is only one member per captian thats not possible, third they have people like ruggerio who you never heard of, not of the limelight, quiet, and last what info did deluca or rossetti give to be dentrimental. None Limone was in a state case because of deposit of cash flow made him suspicious, rossetti got busted because of his hispinac friends and the dope dealing, so nonthing fatal happened everyone besides rossetti will be out in less than three years of this date, Rossetti be out in 6 years and all they got was the strip club scheme and really only specific inner working of one strip club cadillac lounge. all the other srip clubs was just named. So being capo's and knowing alot they sure gave them horse crap. Nothing fatal to cripple them thats a fact. I told you who was made want me to keep repeating names. all was made recently from providence and boston milisi,scarpa,moriarty,folcarelli,sparo,pari jr,folco cappiccllo etc all providence i mentioned so there no new men being made. I just name 13 people from providence made guys and i dont know providence to much at all never mind the guys who really who is whi in providence forget about it. And you ask me where is this info coming from not the fucking feds or DA thats for sure. It comes from street guys, In the moves the respect, talking people say not rumors but talking thats done out of acknowledgement. Believe or not like ripleys I dont care the truth is in the pudding kiddo these are facts i dont need to reveil my sources but just know thats what it is. To say there is no boss underboss or consgliere your brain is wrapped in mushy tomato sauce. are you serious? Im done arguing and the back and forth you dont know nothing saying there is n o boss, underboss or consgliere just proved it again and actually sustained my theory of you not knowing shit. Because the feds caught osama and hussein thats means they got everything under control right. So why cant they stop the drugs and border traffic? why cant they stop the terrorist from coming here? why cant they stop the curroption in their own country in politics, the navy all armed forces ? Why cant they control and stop russia ? you swear you know but your dumber than the words you speak. Say what you want im done with you you prove time after time you and the feds since your speaking on their behalf dont know nothing at all but mosquito's shit

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 05:32 PM

LMAO...a lecture from a guy who can't spell or even complete sentences. A citizen who hates his country's government...narrow minded neighborhood tough guy. I agree that this is going nowhere...and Lato and St. Laurent aren't going to be out in 3 years. When the old men in diapers from your neighborhood talk, that is gospel, right? Good luck to you sir.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 05:50 PM

am i supposed to get sophisticated with you because i do have spell check and grammer correction but its not that serious frank. And i bet the old men your talking about that wears diapers is not only sharper but is more respected and appreciated than you ever will be but can also have you disappear faster than the speed of light. he has more hits under his belt than you do killing mosquito's so be an internet wiseguy and advocate for the government all you want im done with you

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 07:45 PM

Again, not in support of law enforcement's war against OC, but I'm a realist and the fact is that the U.S. Government not only is winning the war against OC, but they have crushed and are continuing to assault OC families that are still operating. If you hate the government so much, why do you live in the U.S.? You know and I know as full blooded Italians, and in my case, first generation that there aren't enough full blooded Italians migrating to the U.S. like there was over the last 100 years. Definitely the Americanized ones that are here don't hold the "men of honor" tag to well or adhere to "old school" traditions and rules. There are more rats in today's mafia than ever before. Why? There aren't enough stand up guys who are being made. Like Ruggiero, he paid his way into LCN through his friendship with Louie. When guys like that get pinched, you and I both know they aren't going to spend one day behind bars...they sing like birds and move out west.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 09:38 PM

Here are some of the indictments for New England LCN figures:

1.http://media2.wpri.com/_local/pdf_files/2012_docs/nelcnindictment.pdf

2.http://media2.wpri.com/_local/pdf_files/LCN-superseding-indictment.pdf

3.http://masslawyersweekly.com/fulltext-opinions/2007/11/19/commonwealth-v-dinunzio/

Re: Peter Limone - 12/13/13 10:02 PM

jcb not evry one in the mob is a killer 50 rats said you didn't have to make your bones when they open the books in the 70tys joe ruggiero is a multi millionare who was around the serial killer salemmi in the 90tys so im guessing he was made way before baby shacks was more than a capo. sounds like you don't like the guy. he just bought millions of land in fall river hugging it out with the mayor he got no shit in his closet the feds wanted him forever so maybe he never would rat. to the guy who asked is limone still making guys xmis is coming up that's usually when it happens wouldn't see why not. this thread is dead. limone is a legend that's that and a boss plus he got 25 mill and still wants to be a gangster the minute his probation is up. Howie winter went on tv couple yrs ago im retired 2 yrs later shaking guy down for 70gs using the north end as his weight.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/14/13 01:54 AM

PMAC nicely said Limone a legend . ruggerio wanted for years never ratted been around for years never was he on any 302's thats that PMAC beautiful

Re: Peter Limone - 12/14/13 06:35 PM

I like Ruggiero actually...but there is a guy never charged with a crime. This is a piece from the Mayor of Fall River:

Meanwhile, Mayor Flanagan, a former state prosecutor, "soundly defends" Ruggiero whom he "describes as 'a self-made billionaire' who coaches Little League and donates to charitable organizations" as reported by Jo C. Goode for The Herald News:

"Mr. Ruggiero is in his late 60s, and to date, he's never received even a speeding ticket. This was a very in-depth (FBI) criminal investigation, and there have been several very in-depth criminal investigations into organized crime, both in Rhode Island and Massachusetts," Flanagan said. "At no point, even in the documents that you have, has he ever been alleged to commit a crime. At no point has he ever been charged with a crime and no point has he ever been convicted of a crime. I've spoken to Mr. Ruggiero about these allegations when I first met with him, and I've even spoken to him about these allegations as late as yesterday (last Thursday). He has definitively told me that he has never been involved in any wrongdoing."

This alone proves my point that although Ruggiero is a made member of the mafia and NEVER even arrested, it is still impossible to fly under the radar at this day in age.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Peter Limone - 12/14/13 07:55 PM

billionaire?

Re: Peter Limone - 12/14/13 08:07 PM

I think he was exaggerating on the "billionaire" status, but he is definitely a multi-millionaire.
Posted By: artichoke

Re: Peter Limone - 12/14/13 09:44 PM

Rugiero is compromised. He supplied Salemme with cars to lam it and Deluca has him on tape talking about some serious things. I will leave it at that.

Re: Peter Limone - 12/15/13 04:18 AM

That's a highly fascinating tidbit of info if it's true, u think Ruggiero is cooperating in some capacity?
Posted By: MOES

Re: Peter Limone - 12/15/13 10:46 AM

lol lol lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET