Home

It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!!

Posted By: frankg2469

It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/04/13 06:30 AM

I'd love to hear some of my fellow members of GangstersBB opinion.I'm SO SICK of seeing this !!!! The man's name was Lucchese,not Luchese.Many journalists-even those that specialize in writing about Cosa Nostra,such as Jerry Capeci,have stated that the reason for this is "tradition".What tradition ??? Someone,somewhere misspells a name,a number of people follow suit(including the FEDS)and now it's a matter of tradition ??? What kind of nonsense is that ?
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/04/13 08:08 AM

On the mobsters episode it was said that when Tommy died,hes family changed the name on his tombstone to keep away any potential enemies.Dont know if this is true....
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/04/13 08:10 AM

Agreed, but that's nothing compared to what the NYPost wrote about the last Bonanno bust 1 crew was busted and the journalist wrote that: "one capo, two captains and several associates were arrested…"

For a NY-based crime reporter that's really pathetic.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/04/13 05:17 PM

How do we know whether Luchese or Lucchese was the original spelling?
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/04/13 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleMan
How do we know whether Luchese or Lucchese was the original spelling?

I am pretty sure Luchese doesn't exist in Italy, but Lucchese does. It literally means "someone from Lucca".
Posted By: Extortion

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/05/13 12:25 AM

Loucaizee
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/05/13 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped
On the mobsters episode it was said that when Tommy died,hes family changed the name on his tombstone to keep away any potential enemies.Dont know if this is true....

Posted By: Toodoped

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/05/13 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: Toodoped

So its true.Thanks G
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/05/13 11:34 AM

This is true, so I´m not kidding. When Lucchese went to school as a kid and while he was in prison, because of bad pronunciation of his last name, people started to call him "Cheese" (for Lucchese). I guess he didn´t like that so in a try to get away from the nickname "Cheese", whenever he was forced to state his name in public, he spelled it with a "K". This he said in front of the NY State Commission Hearings of the 1950s. He also said that he resented people calling him "Three Finger" and "Brown". So I doubt anyone called him that to his face. Vain as he was, he let his name be spelled "Luckese" on his gravestone.
Posted By: m2w

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/05/13 05:54 PM

the real surname is lucchese
Posted By: frankg2469

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/07/13 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: m2w
the real surname is lucchese

Correct and exactly my point.While I was at it,I forgot to mention the idiocy of SANTOS Trafficante----never known an Italian guy named Santos---everyone knows it's SANTO.Seeing that he was a Junior,Santino would be fine too.Every time I see SANTOS in print,I immediately think of the actor Joe Santos a.k.a. Angelo "Goofy" Garepe.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: It's Lucchese-----not Luchese !!! - 12/07/13 09:28 AM

it was mentioned in Al D'arco book Mob Boss. I prefer Lucchese smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET