Home

Bootlegging In Gulf Coast

Posted By: BlackFamily

Bootlegging In Gulf Coast - 11/22/13 05:37 AM

http://historicaltextarchive.com/books.php?action=nextchapter&bid=72&cid=4p
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Bootlegging In Gulf Coast - 11/22/13 10:29 PM

It might have been run through the South but Southerners didn't buy it, I can almost guarantee that one. I'd say 1 in 3 healthy Southern men back then ran their own still out in the woods. My Great Grandfather made moonshine his whole life.
Posted By: Jenkins

Re: Bootlegging In Gulf Coast - 11/22/13 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
It might have been run through the South but Southerners didn't buy it, I can almost guarantee that one. I'd say 1 in 3 healthy Southern men back then ran their own still out in the woods. My Great Grandfather made moonshine his whole life.

A lot of southerners probably didn't drink at all back then, since we are in the heart of the Bible Belt. I'm sure the rural areas just had the stills but I bet in the bigger cities like Memphis and Atlanta the bootleggers made some money.
Posted By: South_Made

Re: Bootlegging In Gulf Coast - 11/23/13 03:05 AM

It happened more than you would think just wasn't spoke about much for example in my hometown of Columbus there were bootleggers same with Phenix City as well as Atlanta and of course Memphis, New Orleans, Macon and so on.I wouldn't say they were on the same scale as everywhere else but it was still happening all the same. Alabama passed prohibition early if I'm not mistaken and a few people in Phenix City as well as other parts of Alabama took advantage of it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET