Home

Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico

Posted By: Johnny_Pops

Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/11/13 08:32 PM

Moreno Gallo was an active member of the Montreal mafia & a close confident of Vito Rizzuto. He had been deported from Canada a few years ago & apparently living in Mexico. He was just shot dead in a café in Mexico. Who called for the hit? Vito? The Siderno/Calabrian faction? Local Mexican cartel? I don't think it is a coincidence that a few hombres picked him out of a crowd by accident.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/11/13 08:38 PM

Holy fuck
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/11/13 10:08 PM

Lol Vito has more power and influence then most think. When people ask if the Rizzuto family still answers to the Bonannos I laugh they don't have to answer to anyone especially the Bonannos.
Posted By: cdn_wiseguy

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/11/13 11:32 PM

The Gallo hit has Vito's revenge written all over it. On the anniversary of Nicolo Rizzuto's death. Definitely a message being sent there.

The death toll of players who sided against vito continues to grow. Gallo was quite influential. This is a pretty significant hit.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 12:12 AM

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 12:47 AM

Seen that, reminds me of the photo after Galante got whacked just not so pink.
Posted By: ForgettableName

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 01:42 AM

It seems every November (or in 2009 December) a major murder has occurred, with Nick Rizzuto Jr. killed December '09, Nicolo Rizzuto killed 2010, Sal the Ironworker killed 2011, Joe Di Maulo killed 2012, and now Gallo 2013... Here's an updated list of confirmed and possible Montreal Mafia related murders, shootings, and disappearances:

Deaths in the Montreal Mafia War 2008 - Present

Moreno Gallo, 68, Shot to Death in Mexico - November 2013

Mathieu Vallée, 30, (Associate of Mohamed Awada) Shot to Death -
October 2013

Salvatore (Sam) Calautti, 40, Shot to Death in GTA - July 2013

James Tusek, 35, Shot to Death in GTA - July 2013

Jamie Laramee, 37, (Associate of De Vito co-defendant Pietro
D'Adamoa) Shot to Death - July 2013

Cody Laramee, 25, Shot to Death - July 2013

Giuseppe (Ponytail) De Vito, 46, Died of Cyanide Poisoning in
Prison - July 2013

Fernando Pimentel, 36, Shot to Death in Italy - May 2013

Juan Ramon Fernandez, 56, Shot To Death in Italy - May 2013

Tonino Callocchia, 51, Shot and Wounded - February 2013

Vincenzo Scuderi, 49, Shot to Death – January 2013

Gaétan Gosselin, 69, Shot to Death – January 2013

Domenico Facchina, 37, Shot to Death – December 2012

Giuseppe Fetta, 33, Shot and Wounded - December 2012

Emilio Cordileone, 50, Shot to Death – December 2012

Tony Gensale, 43, Shot to Death - November 2012

Mohamed Awada, 47, Shot to Death - November 2012

Joe Di Maulo , 70, Shot to Death – November 2012

Pierre-Paul Fortier, 27, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012

Frederick Murdock, 33, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012

Vincent Pietrantonio, 53, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012

Tommy Pietrantonio, 28, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012

Domenico Arcuri Sr. , 79, Died Suspiciously – October 2012

Ben Zaid Moez Ben Ali, 34, Shot to Death, Possibly an Innocent Civilian – August 2012

Marco Lafratta, 24, Shot and Wounded - August 2012

Riccardo Ruffolo, 34, Shot to Death – August 2012

Chenier Dupuy, 37, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – August 2012

Lamartine Paul Severe, 42, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - August 2012

Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, 60, Shot to Death – July 2012

Giuseppe "Joe" Renda, 53, “Missing” – May 2012

Salvatore Silletta, 49, Shot To Death – March 2012

Giuseppe "Closure" Colapelle, 38, Shot To Death – March 2012

Steven Laporte, 39, Shot To Death – March 2012

Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio, 48, Shot and Wounded – December 2011

Salvatore "Sal the Ironworker" Montagna, 40, Shot to Death – November 2011

Lorenzo "Larry" Lopresti , 40, Shot To Death – October 2011

Raynald Desjardins, 60, Shot At – September 2011

Antonio Di Salvo, 44, Shot To Death – February 2011

Rita Biasini, 50, Shot At - February 2011

Nicolo Rizzuto, 86, Shot To Death – November 2010

Ennio Bruni, 36, Shot To Death – September 2010

Agostino Cun-trera, 66, Shot To Death – June 2010

Liborio Sciascia, 40, Shot To Death – June 2010

Paolo Renda, 70, “Missing” – May 2010

Ducarme Joseph, 43, Shot At In Suspected Dispute With Montreal Mafia– March 2010

Peter Christopoulos, 27, (Bodyguard of Ducarme Joseph), Shot To Death – March 2010

Nick Rizzuto Jr., 43, Shot To Death – December 2009

Fredrico Del Peschio , 59, Shot To Death - August 2009

Dany de Gregorio, 43, Shot and Wounded – June 2009

Sam Fasulo, 37, Shot To Death - January 2009

Mario (Skinny) Marabella, 40, “Missing” – December 2008
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
The Gallo hit has Vito's revenge written all over it. On the anniversary of Nicolo Rizzuto's death. Definitely a message being sent there.

The death toll of players who sided against vito continues to grow. Gallo was quite influential. This is a pretty significant hit.

I think with it being on the anniversary of Nicolo and this being Gallo I agree. Vito ain't playing around!
Posted By: mbo

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 01:57 AM

Damn.... Even Tony Soprano looks like Ghandi when I see that list. Montreal doesn't fuck around.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 02:05 AM

"I would rather live in Europe than face assassination in Montreal as members of the Rizzuto clan are knocked off one by one"

---Moreno Gallo
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: ForgettableName
It seems every November (or in 2009 December) a major murder has occurred, with Nick Rizzuto Jr. killed December '09, Nicolo Rizzuto killed 2010, Sal the Ironworker killed 2011, Joe Di Maulo killed 2012, and now Gallo 2013... Here's an updated list of confirmed and possible Montreal Mafia related murders, shootings, and disappearances:

Deaths in the Montreal Mafia War 2008 - Present

Moreno Gallo, 68, Shot to Death in Mexico - November 2013

Mathieu Vallée, 30, (Associate of Mohamed Awada) Shot to Death -
October 2013

Salvatore (Sam) Calautti, 40, Shot to Death in GTA - July 2013

James Tusek, 35, Shot to Death in GTA - July 2013

Jamie Laramee, 37, (Associate of De Vito co-defendant Pietro
D'Adamoa) Shot to Death - July 2013

Cody Laramee, 25, Shot to Death - July 2013

Giuseppe (Ponytail) De Vito, 46, Died of Cyanide Poisoning in
Prison - July 2013

Fernando Pimentel, 36, Shot to Death in Italy - May 2013

Juan Ramon Fernandez, 56, Shot To Death in Italy - May 2013

Tonino Callocchia, 51, Shot and Wounded - February 2013

Vincenzo Scuderi, 49, Shot to Death – January 2013

Gaétan Gosselin, 69, Shot to Death – January 2013

Domenico Facchina, 37, Shot to Death – December 2012

Giuseppe Fetta, 33, Shot and Wounded - December 2012

Emilio Cordileone, 50, Shot to Death – December 2012

Tony Gensale, 43, Shot to Death - November 2012

Mohamed Awada, 47, Shot to Death - November 2012

Joe Di Maulo , 70, Shot to Death – November 2012

Pierre-Paul Fortier, 27, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012

Frederick Murdock, 33, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012

Vincent Pietrantonio, 53, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012

Tommy Pietrantonio, 28, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012

Domenico Arcuri Sr. , 79, Died Suspiciously – October 2012

Ben Zaid Moez Ben Ali, 34, Shot to Death, Possibly an Innocent Civilian – August 2012

Marco Lafratta, 24, Shot and Wounded - August 2012

Riccardo Ruffolo, 34, Shot to Death – August 2012

Chenier Dupuy, 37, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – August 2012

Lamartine Paul Severe, 42, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - August 2012

Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, 60, Shot to Death – July 2012

Giuseppe "Joe" Renda, 53, “Missing” – May 2012

Salvatore Silletta, 49, Shot To Death – March 2012

Giuseppe "Closure" Colapelle, 38, Shot To Death – March 2012

Steven Laporte, 39, Shot To Death – March 2012

Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio, 48, Shot and Wounded – December 2011

Salvatore "Sal the Ironworker" Montagna, 40, Shot to Death – November 2011

Lorenzo "Larry" Lopresti , 40, Shot To Death – October 2011

Raynald Desjardins, 60, Shot At – September 2011

Antonio Di Salvo, 44, Shot To Death – February 2011

Rita Biasini, 50, Shot At - February 2011

Nicolo Rizzuto, 86, Shot To Death – November 2010

Ennio Bruni, 36, Shot To Death – September 2010

Agostino Cun-trera, 66, Shot To Death – June 2010

Liborio Sciascia, 40, Shot To Death – June 2010

Paolo Renda, 70, “Missing” – May 2010

Ducarme Joseph, 43, Shot At In Suspected Dispute With Montreal Mafia– March 2010

Peter Christopoulos, 27, (Bodyguard of Ducarme Joseph), Shot To Death – March 2010

Nick Rizzuto Jr., 43, Shot To Death – December 2009

Fredrico Del Peschio , 59, Shot To Death - August 2009

Dany de Gregorio, 43, Shot and Wounded – June 2009

Sam Fasulo, 37, Shot To Death - January 2009

Mario (Skinny) Marabella, 40, “Missing” – December 2008

Can anyone provide an updated list of everyone killed or attempted to be killed and who they are associated with vs who was responsible for the hit?

Thanks in advance and also thanks for this list!
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 05:08 AM

Damn that list is crazy. Is there any American LCN family racking up bodies like that currently?
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 06:10 AM

Hell no
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
"I would rather live in Europe than face assassination in Montreal as members of the Rizzuto clan are knocked off one by one"

---Moreno Gallo

Just for the record, Gallo was only reported to have stated the part in bold.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Damn that list is crazy. Is there any American LCN family racking up bodies like that currently?

Nope, nowhere near. The FBI would cripple the NY families if it was like Canada in the last few years. Canadian LE are TERRIBLE and the prison terms mobsters get in canada are comical.
Posted By: southend

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 01:27 PM

Damn that list is seriousness. Whose next?
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 01:50 PM

What cartel runs acapulco? Id assume they work with vito or he paid em2b able to do this

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 03:13 PM

Interesting to think of who's next? I'm interested to see what everybody thinks.

I'd have to say the top three on the list would be (in no particular order)

1.Raynald Desjardins
2.Tony Magi
3.Ducarme Joseph (presuming he was involved in young Nick's murder)

I'm sure there are a few other names on there. Any other guesses? Do others think that Arcuri's are on the list? are they still in hiding? What about Tony Mucci? (another senior guy who was part of the cotroni old guard)

I read an article a few weeks ago which said that many Ontario mobsters were going into hiding now as well. Anybody know of Ontario mobsters who might be on the list? Violi's maybe?
Posted By: ColombianJoe

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 03:27 PM

Desjardin & Joseph's name are circulating alot on the street and in social circles lately..wouldn't be surprised if they're up next, especially since they're not Italian
Posted By: m2w

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 03:33 PM

vito is ordering to kill people even abroad or in prison

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 05:06 PM

Magi will be tough with all his security, but as we talked about someone already showed up with a gun while his convoy went by and the guy took off the woods and was never found. I'd imagine they are still trying to get to him.

Desjardins is up as well but with his legal troubles it could be a while before Vito can get to him unless he pulls a Ponytail and mysteriously commits suicide with something you're not going to find in prison. Last I checked Cyanide was not on the "want" list of smuggled goods.

Didn't they already try to hit Joseph? I think he just survived one hit attempt not too long ago.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 05:25 PM

My good lord, this is just unbelievable. When is the movie coming out on this? Mexixo, Italy, prison, didn't the elder Arcuri drop from a heart attack while his house was on fire in Florida (nothing would surprise me anymore).

I didn't know that Gallo was against Vito, I thought he was locked up facing extradition while all of this was going on?

You can't do this in the U.S. anymore for RICO statute alone. But also, too many rats. Again, this is just incredible.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 05:44 PM

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Local+mobster+gunned+down+Mexico/9151962/story.html

Pretty detailed article:

Quote:
Mexican authorities confirmed to The Gazette on Monday that Gallo, 68, was killed in Acapulco on Sunday, three years to the day that his former ally, Nicolo (Zio Cola) Rizzuto, 86, was felled by a sniper's bullet.

Quote:
Local newspapers are reporting that Gallo was killed execution style by four men, not two. Gallo was dining with his friend, the owner of Forza Italia. The restaurant was nearly empty except for about eight wait-staff and the cook.

Witnesses told El Sur newspaper that Gallo was sitting at a table near the entrance. He fell to the ground and lay in a pool of blood beside the table.

Police are quoted in the newspaper as saying that his body was riddled with at least nine bullets.

Quote:
One police source recently told The Gazette that Gallo was believed to be in the same boat as Joseph Di Maulo, 70, another influential Mafioso who was gunned down in front of his home in Blainville on Nov. 4, 2012. Both men were once considered allies of the Rizzuto organization even if they didn't share the same Sicilian origins as Nicolo Rizzuto, the patriarch of the clan.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 05:45 PM

What did this dude do to cross Vito? Did he side with the opposition at some point?

This is michael corleone level war.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 05:52 PM

They tried to take down Joseph at his clothing store in Old Montreal but it got botched and he escaped. He still walks around freely and i've seen him at Greek restaurants, so he doesn't take as much precaution as he should considering his past.

Gallo was Calabrese and he didn't show enough loyalty. It might partially be his fault that Nick Sr. got taken out since he was once a "mediator" between rival clans, hence the revenge hit.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 07:18 PM

is that the pic of gallo? weres the hole in his head. 9 shots . maybe it went threw his ear. I remember reading that book the 6th family 3yrs ago everyone in the book is probably dead now except for vito. who the hell is helping him, he must have got a clan of zips to come over. in nyc you got tons of Italians 5 yrs ago I didn't even think there were Italian people in cananda, thought everyone was French or indian.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ColombianJoe
They tried to take down Joseph at his clothing store in Old Montreal but it got botched and he escaped. He still walks around freely and i've seen him at Greek restaurants, so he doesn't take as much precaution as he should considering his past.

Gallo was Calabrese and he didn't show enough loyalty. It might partially be his fault that Nick Sr. got taken out since he was once a "mediator" between rival clans, hence the revenge hit.

He'll probably be next then (Joseph).

I agree, I think Gallo pulled a Di Maulo and backed the take over attempt and Vito is punishing those involved hence all the hits.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
is that the pic of gallo? weres the hole in his head. 9 shots . maybe it went threw his ear. I remember reading that book the 6th family 3yrs ago everyone in the book is probably dead now except for vito. who the hell is helping him, he must have got a clan of zips to come over. in nyc you got tons of Italians 5 yrs ago I didn't even think there were Italian people in cananda, thought everyone was French or indian.

Yes it seems that is actually the crime scene photo. Looks like all the shots were from his breasts on up.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 08:02 PM

Holy crap Vito will have the next great mob movie made. Dude has more balls than the 5 families put together.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 08:32 PM

Mtl is similar to NYC in the sense that there's a large Italian community that has been around since atleast the early 1900's if not before..It's very multicultural, every possible OC unit you could think of exists on an island the size of Brooklyn (same goes for Toronto although the GTA is larger in size)

The vibe in Eastern Canada is comparable to NY, Philly or Baltimore, not like what you see on TV with moose, seals, igloos, and maple syrup wink
Posted By: Salvie84

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 09:20 PM

Who would play Vito? This guy and that city is pretty fascinating. He came back like a real boss. Everyone was writing him off too at first (reporters). The Sixth Family is a great read. I would definitely like to see the updated version.
Posted By: JoeySmokesBalls123

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 09:40 PM

Blah Blah Blah he got what he was asking for
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/12/13 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
in nyc you got tons of Italians 5 yrs ago I didn't even think there were Italian people in cananda, thought everyone was French or indian.

you've got more italians per capita in toronto and montreal than in nyc. by far.

ACTUAL italians, I'm talking about...

folks with italian last names and that's it don't count.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 12:08 AM

Hamilton also has a lot of Italians and O.C.

The Violi's are out here as well. They may want to keep there head up as well as they were rumored to have been a big part of the rival faction and also were in Montreal at the same time the Rizzuto Sr. hit took place which was very suspicious.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Scalish
Hamilton also has a lot of Italians and O.C.

The Violi's are out here as well. They may want to keep there head up as well as they were rumored to have been a big part of the rival faction and also were in Montreal at the same time the Rizzuto Sr. hit took place which was very suspicious.

Your right about Hamilton. For a small city, we have lots of Italians and 3 mafia families - Violi/Luppino, Musitano and the Papalia's.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 01:07 AM

Johnny Pops,

Did you hear about the ex biker who was shot downtown here on Saturday night?

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 02:30 AM

Johnny Pops,

Did you hear about the ex biker who was shot downtown here on Saturday night?

Yes, ex-Hell's Angel with a long rap sheet. Must be payback for something that got somebody pissed... they shot him 6 times at close range with a shotgun.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 02:34 AM

Yeh that's what I think as well. They said he was downtown at a bar and got into a scrap that night with a few guys.
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 04:19 AM

Some of these murders where in broad daylight, how do they get away with that nowadays with DNA and cameras everywhere?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 09:59 AM

Also the Federation,Acapulco have a indipendent drug cartel The Independent Cartel of Acapulco in Spanish: Cártel Independiente de Acapulco or CIDA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A1rtel_Independiente_de_Acapulco

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 04:56 PM

i think the murder was ordered by the caruana-[BadWord]'s
and not by rizzuto

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
i think the murder was ordered by the caruana-[BadWord]'s
and not by rizzuto

Did Gallo have more to do with Agostino C's murder?

And I think Nicholas Cage could pass for Vito

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 05:28 PM

the caruana's have connections in the whole south america and with the cartels
Posted By: Salvie84

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 06:27 PM

Haha yeah looks wise. I feel like he wouldn't do Vito's ruthlessness justice. I was thinking Liam Neeson or Frederico Castellucci (guy who played Furio)

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 06:56 PM

They have the ties I'm sure that led Vito to killing him.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 06:59 PM

the guy that played Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 06:59 PM

Javier Bardem
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

That map is rather outdated. Zetas control much of the eastern part of the country now. Juarez cartel have lost a lot of ground.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/13/13 10:22 PM

The zetas are losing ground by the second, el chapo will own most of Mexico soon

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 12:36 AM

My guess would be that Rizzuto would be working closely with Caruana-[BadWord] along with the Arcadi group. Those 2 groups seemed to have remained loyal and are both very strong groups.

Anybody know when Arcadi will be out of prison?

And I know he's already played several gangster movie roles, but De Niro with the slicked back hair could pull off playing Vito.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 01:45 AM

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted, but I haven't seen it on here and just came across it. In my opinion, the best detailed article of the Montreal situation.

http://www.panamericancrime.com/?q=conte...ob-war-montreal

Of note, the article states that Agostino [BadWord]'s son is now running that clan/faction in Montreal, which supports the fact that Caruana/[BadWord] could very well have been involved in the Gallo hit.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 02:12 PM

That's a great article, definitely the most detailed that I've read on the war.

Here's another photo of the murder, definitely has a feel the look of an old school mafia hit

http://aboutthemafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Moreno-Gallo-murder-scene.jpg
Posted By: southend

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 03:44 PM

Can you imagine if this kind of mob war were going on in the states these days, NYC for instance.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 06:20 PM

Vito & the Caruana's have been tied together for decades..They even shared property in Venezuela back in the days..So really anything is possible
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 07:26 PM

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the Violi faction have died off with Paolo Violi and Vic Cotroni?

And, sadly a Vito Rizzuto movie will never be made for the simple fact that it'd be about a Canadian in Canada and nobody in hollywood cares about Canada. ohwell

Also, first post from this newbie. Hi everyone. smile
Posted By: BordertownResident

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 07:38 PM

I love the uncnsored media in Mexico. There isnothing morew that sells your papers betterthan plasting somobodys splaterred brains on the cover. I'm really suprised how the Rizzutos managed to track him down in Acapulco. Guess its hard toavoid getting out of the social underworldwhen you hve always been in it. You'll be suprised howbigthe social networking of the underworld is. Btw imhighy skeptical this was cartel relatedand there isno cartel that runs acapulco. Its really fragmented there its bunch of street gangsfighting each othher for the local drugtrade and extortion. Therewas alocal carteltherecsalled CIDA butthey have been disbanded. Now its no onespropertyandfree for tales which none oftheTCOs want though Sinaloa does have a presence

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 09:24 PM

welcome slumpy.

when the violi's were knocked off, many of their top guys like dimaulo, gallo and even frank cotroni (calabrian group) decided to work with the rizzutos rather than go to war with them. so that faction has always been alive and well. these guys made good money with rizzuto running things, so there was no reason to upset the apple cart. the article i posted yesterday makes a good point that two things happened around 2004, which among other things lead to the montreal mob war. vito rizzuto was arrested and frank cotroni died. that opened the door for the old cotroni/violi group to finally seek some vengeance, as cotroni had kept a lid on the rest of the calabrians.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/14/13 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
that opened the door for the old cotroni/violi group to finally seek some vengeance, as cotroni had kept a lid on the rest of the calabrians.

However, many of those Calabrians weren't really Calabrians. I've come to view the two historically rival factions as the "mainland Italian" faction (the Cotroni faction consisted predominantly of mainland Italians) vs. the Rizzuto (Sicilian) faction.

And I don't think vengeance played a big part in the attempted take-over. Di Maulo's loyalty mostly lay with his friend and mentor, Frank Cotroni, and I think it's reasonable to assume that Frank Cotroni and Paolo Violi weren't the best of friends, since his brother Vic chose Violi over Frank to become his second-in-command. As for Gallo, another major player of the old Cotroni group, he was ordered by Violi to commit a murder for which he needed to take the rap and do jail time. This very same murder would come to haunt Gallo many years later. When he was tried for violating his parole, Canadian authorities found out that he never obtained Canadian citizenship and started a deportation case against him, which he eventually lost. So I wonder why Gallo would've still felt any loyalty towards Violi.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/15/13 12:09 AM

Slumpy,

Violi still has sons and family here in Hamilton that are involved.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/15/13 04:54 AM

I didn't mean for it to come off that the cotroni/violi faction would want vengeance for violi himself. more over, that they would want to take back what they felt was rightfully there's. also in the article, it was suggested that they would have lost friend and family in the original purge, so maybe revenge for that?

Sonny, did you read the article that I posted yesterday? i'm curious to hear your thoughts. It was the first that I'd seen it and thought it was pretty good at summing up how things were playing out.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/15/13 03:19 PM

I had already read that article some time ago. It's a good read, but the author makes a lot of assumptions such as Cun trera's son having taken over his father's crew and Di Maulo being the mastermind behind the purge, without providing substantial evidence.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/20/13 06:33 PM

This makes sense to me, the old Calabrian faction saw an opportunity and tried to seize upon it. Unfortunately, since Vito is a free man now it seems like they are on the receiving end of a serious beat down.

I can also see some validation in the theory that the hits on the rizzuto faction were at least partially personally motivated. Just going on the fact that most everyone hit during Vito's time in the can were family either through blood or marriage. Of course, said people were also highly placed in the family hierarchy, so who knows? Vic and Paolo make good martyrs, a smoke screen through which an ambitious capo could justify the seizure of power. Rizzuto was never meant to be boss.

I do have one last question about the Rizzuto's, though. Back in the 60's when Vito was still making his bones, it seemed as though the family was firmly under control of Massino and indeed just a Bonano borgata up in Montreal facilitating family interest there. However, since the Gerlando Sciascia hit it's always seemed to me like the Canadian borgata began to move increasingly away from its role as "just" another Bonano crew. In the book "the Sixth Family" the authors theorize that the Sciascia hit was orchestrated by Massino out of fear that his Canadian crew capo was beginning to forget to whom he supposedly owed allegiance. Massino isn't an idiot, he obviously knows the real power in Montreal lays with Vito rather than the borgata's legitimate Captain.

I'm getting to my question eventually, hehe bare with me.

So, has separation from the Bonano family always been in the books? Vito has always been the "boss" of Montreal in all but name, he even refused to accept a promotion to Capo from Massino. To me this says that Vito is not at all interested in legitimizing his claim in the eyes of NYC's boss. It almost seems to me like Montreal has always seen itself as a separate entity, paying only lip service to the Bonano Boss.

Where does the Rizzuto family stand now? Still has a crew in the Bonano family, or are they well and truly independent? relying more on their Sicilian alliances rather than their American overlords? Is Vito Rizzuto a boss in his own right? Does he even need American families given his lucrative drug trafficking?

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/20/13 07:07 PM

Vito is a boss. I doubt he'd work with Americans much anymore anyways, especially with Massino flipping and testifying against him. Too much risk in dealing with Americans period anymore. Much easier to risk being caught in Canada where the laws are weak.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/20/13 07:07 PM

Double post sorry

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/20/13 11:53 PM

Vito takes order from no one bottom line, he carries more clout then anyone in the Bonanno family.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: slumpy
Back in the 60's when Vito was still making his bones, it seemed as though the family was firmly under control of Massino and indeed just a Bonano borgata up in Montreal facilitating family interest there.

Massino came to power in the early 90s. In the 1960s he was still an associate just as Vito Rizzuto.

Quote:
So, has separation from the Bonano family always been in the books? Vito has always been the "boss" of Montreal in all but name, he even refused to accept a promotion to Capo from Massino. To me this says that Vito is not at all interested in legitimizing his claim in the eyes of NYC's boss.

If he would've accepted to become capo he would've renounced his claim to be recognised as an independent boss.

Quote:
It almost seems to me like Montreal has always seen itself as a separate entity, paying only lip service to the Bonano Boss.

During the Cotroni era they were undisputedly a Bonanno crew, but due to their location they were operating more autonomously. Vic Cotroni always remained very loyal to the Bonanno family as did his younger brother Frank.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 03:26 PM

If the shooters were not Mexican, there had to be some local Mexican assistance provided to the shooters. If the shooters were Canadians, they would not have been able to hop on a plane with their guns, and fly into Acapulco. Nor could they walk into a gun store or Walmart and buy guns. Guns purchases in Mexico, at least legitimate, is harder than the US. As we all know, there are plenty of guns available through the black market.

I would think the shooters were not Mexican, and were most likely LCN / LCN associates. Why would someone outsource this killing, especially in another country? The shooters need to know their area, the habits if their target, a couple of different get a way choices and a safe house. All of that takes time, patience, cunning and money. It also requires local expertise.

The Rizzutto's, Caruna Cun trera's and others in Montreal LCN are well known drug dealers. I suspect they had no problem through their connections getting guns and other assistance for their own shooters. They are only a few hundred miles from Culiacon, home to the Sinaloa Cartel, the worlds largest DTO.

I don't expect the Mexican authorities to do much of an investigation, nor do I expect us to know any significant facts about this hit unless someone flips, which does not happen often in MTL.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
If the shooters were not Mexican, there had to be some local Mexican assistance provided to the shooters.

Not necessarily. There is an Italian community in Acapulco, so the assassins could have received help from associates who were already stationed there or elsewhere in Mexico. Many mafiosi had settled in Central and South America after the first Mafia war in the early 1960s.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Back in the 60's when Vito was still making his bones, it seemed as though the family was firmly under control of Massino and indeed just a Bonano borgata up in Montreal facilitating family interest there.

Massino came to power in the early 90s. In the 1960s he was still an associate just as Vito Rizzuto.

Quote:
So, has separation from the Bonano family always been in the books? Vito has always been the "boss" of Montreal in all but name, he even refused to accept a promotion to Capo from Massino. To me this says that Vito is not at all interested in legitimizing his claim in the eyes of NYC's boss.

If he would've accepted to become capo he would've renounced his claim to be recognised as an independent boss.

Quote:
It almost seems to me like Montreal has always seen itself as a separate entity, paying only lip service to the Bonano Boss.

During the Cotroni era they were undisputedly a Bonanno crew, but due to their location they were operating more autonomously. Vic Cotroni always remained very loyal to the Bonanno family as did his younger brother Frank.

So what about NY's perspective? Massino seems to have been the last Bonano boss to try and exert any sort of authority over the canadians, but they still must have some working alliance considering Rizzuto's primary income comes from smuggling drugs into the states.

Also, what's the Bonano family called now? They changed (well, tried to, anyway) after Joe Banano published that book, but since Massino flipped I supposed they either changed names again or went back to using Bonano?

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 05:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So what about NY's perspective? Massino seems to have been the last Bonano boss to try and exert any sort of authority over the canadians, but they still must have some working alliance considering Rizzuto's primary income comes from smuggling drugs into the states.

Also, what's the Bonano family called now? They changed (well, tried to, anyway) after Joe Banano published that book, but since Massino flipped I supposed they either changed names again or went back to using Bonano?

Massino wanted to change the name from Bonanno to Massino but became a rat. The name was never changed. (Now it would look pretty bad if they did when you think about it)

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 06:18 PM

It's safe to assume that there still is a relationship, but at this point the exact nature of it is only guesswork. For all we know the Bonanno crew has been rebuild under a new caporegime, but Rizzuto may now also be operating independently.

Quote:

As far as I know they are still referred to (at least by the press) by their original name. It appears the names that were given to the families in the 1960s have been set in stone.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 08:14 PM

vito was working with the decav familys vinny ocean on Persian rugs I bet he works with all the familys till this day. this capo matty g in rhode island got busted sending 10 or 20 keys of coke up there im sure he was working with the crew up in montreal, no matter bonanno or not he's la costra nostra rite. he don't got he son or dad so I think he;s deffinitly reaching out to his old American buddys. how you think all this bc bud gets around the northeast

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 10:47 PM

BC Bud mmmmmmmm.
Posted By: antimafia

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/21/13 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
If the shooters were not Mexican, there had to be some local Mexican assistance provided to the shooters.

Not necessarily. There is an Italian community in Acapulco, so the assassins could have received help from associates who were already stationed there or elsewhere in Mexico. Many mafiosi had settled in Central and South America after the first Mafia war in the early 1960s.

Recall as well that Francesco del Balso and Giuseppe Torre were reported to have purchased a villa in Acapulco in early March 2006, about three weeks after the former decided he was going to go on unemployment insurance (!) Del Balso himself seemed to confirm his having a home in Mexico when he was stopped by Canada Customs on October 10, 2006 at the Trudeau airport -- see http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/ne...d-3666d26ef09a.

The book The Sixth Family cites information from an analysis, by Canada's Department of Justice, of the Rizzuto organization's financial holdings and connections to other countries. The connection to Mexico? "[D]rug transactions, meetings and visits in Mexico." (See p. 349 of the 2008 updated and revised edition; p. 313 of the 2006 first edition, where the text reads "drug transactions through meetings in, and visits to Mexico.")

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: antimafia
Recall as well that Francesco del Balso and Giuseppe Torre were reported to have purchased a villa in Acapulco in early March 2006, about three weeks after the former decided he was going to go on unemployment insurance (!) Del Balso himself seemed to confirm his having a home in Mexico when he was stopped by Canada Customs on October 10, 2006 at the Trudeau airport -- see http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/ne...d-3666d26ef09a.

The book The Sixth Family cites information from an analysis, by Canada's Department of Justice, of the Rizzuto organization's financial holdings and connections to other countries. The connection to Mexico? "[D]rug transactions, meetings and visits in Mexico." (See p. 349 of the 2008 updated and revised edition; p. 313 of the 2006 first edition, where the text reads "drug transactions through meetings in, and visits to Mexico.")

Perhaps more important to note is that Francesco Arcadi, Nick Rizzuto Sr., Paolo Renda, Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, and del Balso were charged with a number of offences for crimes said to have taken place not only in Canada but also in other countries, Mexico among them. For example, see the bilingual indictment against Arcadi that can be found at

https://www.ceic.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/Fichiers_client/centre_documentaire/Piece_CEIC-P-128.pdf

which was submitted at the Charbonneau Commission inquiry on September 25 of last year.
Posted By: RunCity

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 09:17 AM

Perhaps its the montreal mob moving some BC Bud into USA, but mostly Bc Bud goes directly south from BC... if it is moved out east first, don't forget a lot of asians/south asians are also big traffickers.
Posted By: Mussolini14

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 04:23 PM

Was Moreno Gallo living in the open or was he in hiding or "gone to ground' so to speak? Surely he knew certain people were not pleased with him but does anyone know what security measures if any he took? Was it common knowledge he was living in Mexico?

Thank you for your time.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 04:26 PM

Maybe but I don't think BC has much of an LCN contingent if any at all.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 05:10 PM

IIRC in the Sixth family it says something to the effect of the Rizzutos being involved with importing/exporting drugs in Canada coast to coast including in BC.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Was Moreno Gallo living in the open or was he in hiding or "gone to ground' so to speak? Surely he knew certain people were not pleased with him but does anyone know what security measures if any he took? Was it common knowledge he was living in Mexico?

Thank you for your time.

Daniel Renaud of La Presse reported back on June 18 of this year that a document submitted May 22 by Gallo's lawyers, in relation to Gallo's attempt to get back into Canada, indicated Gallo was now living in Mexico -- see http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ir-au-pays.php.

If you read through all the articles published after Gallo was deported, you'll note the discrepancy about whether, after deportation, he went to Italy, he went to Italy and stayed a while before moving to Acapulco, or he immediately went to Acapulco.

Given 99.99% of us don't have the inside knowledge to be able to answer a question about when Gallo started living in Acapulco -- especially because most of us were under the impression he was living in Italy -- I would answer, no, it wasn't common knowledge he was living in Mexico.

Now, were there people in the Montreal underworld who knew before Renaud's June 18 article was published that Gallo was living in Acapulco? I would guess yes. If Toronto Star reporter Peter Edwards's recent reporting about a meeting last April in the Dominican Republic is accurate -- a meeting at which Vito Rizzuto, Moreno Gallo, and others were present -- then I would argue this meeting may lend further support to the claim that Montrealers knew of Gallo's whereabouts, in that knowing where Gallo was living may have been necessary to invite him to the meeting. I italicized "may" because Gallo or someone communicating on his behalf wouldn't have necessarily needed to disclose where Gallo was living.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 06:15 PM

There is no family or structure here really, a couple guys are present, and they're just representatives of the East.

IIRC in the Sixth family it says something to the effect of the Rizzutos being involved with importing/exporting drugs in Canada coast to coast including in BC.

The mob, bikers, asians, south asians, are all involved in coast to coast trafficking, not to mention international trafficking.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: RunCity

There is no family or structure here really, a couple guys are present, and they're just representatives of the East.

The mob, bikers, asians, south asians, are all involved in coast to coast trafficking, not to mention international trafficking.

one chapters controls drugs coast to coast? Maybe the nomads from Quebec? I dont know much about asian narcotics rings but I'm sure your right.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 07:39 PM

one chapters controls drugs coast to coast? Maybe the nomads from Quebec? I dont know much about asian narcotics rings but I'm sure your right.

Definitely not one chapter, but I'd say the East End and White Rock chapters are spearheading the trafficking and have closer relationships with eastern OC groups/HA Chapters. Both EE and WR are located in the Vancouver area.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 08:47 PM

Musolini,

Gallo was living openly in Mexico he was not in hiding.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/22/13 09:13 PM

he has to have family or friends in nyc he live 7 hours upstate. you don't think he in any cohoots with the Gambino's and there whole zip administration. wonder how long till the fbi indicnts him for something in America. how come the new or tv people arnt chasing him all over montreal like they did uncle joe and comp. sounds dumb but I consider montreal almost like .

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/23/13 12:58 AM

Musolini,

Gallo was living openly in Mexico he was not in hiding.

So he was going out and about without bodyguards or taking any security measures that you're aware of? Curios as to whether or not Gallo new he was still marked or if he thought things were settled at the meeting in Dominican that both he and Vito attended.

thanks for your response

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/23/13 01:18 AM

I am sure he felt he was marked but Gallo like most Mafioso here are still very old school and instead of going to authorities or any thing like that he accepted what he had coming to him.
Posted By: NightOwl

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/23/13 01:21 AM

^^^^ THE ONLY THING OLD SCHOOL ABOUT MORENO WAS HIS BALL SACK SCALISH CAPESH?

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/23/13 01:23 AM

Lol what a fucking clown.
Posted By: Val01Virga

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/27/13 10:32 AM

I have get a long wigs for women that under US$60 and I have wore it for over a year, but I do not wear it all the time and just sometimes and now it i still looks beautiful and if I want to try the BOB style hair I also wear it sometimes.

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/27/13 01:16 PM

Val01Virga,

No offence but what the hell are you talking about?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/27/13 01:27 PM

Could all bullshitting posters kindly FO and not waste everybodies time.

And offence meant.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/27/13 01:38 PM

Val01Virga,

No offence but what the hell are you talking about?

its troll lol

Re: Moreno Gallo shot dead in Mexico - 11/27/13 01:54 PM

Lol all good some of these plugs that come on here screw me up with these fucked up posts.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET