Home

Bulger Witness Poisoned

Posted By: Lou_Para

Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/21/13 02:32 AM

From the online version of Time Magazine:

An alleged extortion victim of Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger who had wanted to testify at Bulger’s trial was killed by cyanide poisoning, the Assocated Press reports.

The Massachusetts medical examiner’s office ruled Sunday that Stephen Rakes’s death in July a homicide and said he died of acute cyanide toxicity.

Rakes’ business associate, William Camuti, is charged with attempted murder for allegedly poisoning Rakes’ iced coffee. Camuti has pleaded not guilty.

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2013/10/20/potential-whitey-bulger-witness-poisoned/#ixzz2iJtM30TT
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/23/13 05:44 AM

Seriously, that was months ago....good job!
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/24/13 07:07 PM

Actually it was Sunday Oct. 20,2013. Although Rakes died in July of 2012,there was much speculation on the cause of death,as well as any possible suspects. If you read the linked article,you'll see that the official ruling as well as the plans to file additional charges,were announced on Oct.20 2013
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/24/13 07:57 PM

So do they prosecute him for it? I think they got him good where he is, no need to spend more government money on a man serving his final days in prison
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/24/13 10:39 PM

Boy I know the rumor mill went crazy after Stippo went down!
Posted By: fortunato

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/25/13 12:29 PM

Have they already sentenced him.
Posted By: paddy78

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/25/13 06:57 PM

it just happened a month or so ago, the guy who got fingered,will camuti, is 69 and is said to have been in a few businesses with stippo, and owed him alot of cash in bad deals. see stippo wasnt the alter boy ppl think he was, this happened the day or day after he was denied to testify against bulger, who he says extorted him for his south boston liquor mart,now the rotary,but gave him like 70k in a bag,his, then wife did testify in like 99 saying they had a gun on the table, i call it bs and that stippo either lost out gambling or some other kind of biz that went sour, no one says heres 70 thousand dollars for ya store, i want it w a gun, he woulda just used the gun and say here i payed you now sign it over!!!

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/25/13 06:58 PM

so having been in aug, no camuti has not been sentenced or prob even had a bail hearing yet!
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/25/13 10:57 PM

Yea Weeks said Stippo agreed to sell the store and stock for the 70k, then when they showed up at his house his wife talked him out of it so he reneged and pissed them off. Whitey wasn't one to piss off, especially with Weeks and possibly Flemmi in tow.

paddy I imagine they wouldn't let Camuti out even if he had a bail hearing.

Re: Bulger Witness Poisoned - 10/26/13 09:14 PM

this area is famous for enormous bail amounts for reg street crimes, nevermind murder.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET